Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board

The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #1
80s Dude

Default Who do some people hate "The Interview Show"?

I thought it was one of the top 15 or 10 episodes. It gave you perspectives that you never saw before. It was actually filmed outside and it seemed like a real school with girls in Eastland uniforms walking around campus. Plus you had Charlotte, though Mrs. Garrett, giving strong hints to the viewers that she was ready for a change.
80s Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s Dude View Post
I thought it was one of the top 15 or 10 episodes. It gave you perspectives that you never saw before. It was actually filmed outside and it seemed like a real school with girls in Eastland uniforms walking around campus. Plus you had Charlotte, though Mrs. Garrett, giving strong hints to the viewers that she was ready for a change.
It's a very different format, which can be off-putting to some viewers. Personally, I think this idea was very avant-garde: it was an unorthodox way to tell the story, and it may have been one of the first sitcoms to simulate "confessionals", which became standard in the 1990s, with so-called "reality TV". This was trailblazing television.

Getting to see the campuses was a rare treat.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #3
'80sSitcoms
Forum Fanatic

There were lots of haters of it a few years ago. But now everyone here seems to like it. I've always liked it.
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:34 PM   #4
valentina warner

I LOVE the episode 'The interview show': in fact, it's my favourite from season 6 along 'Working it out'!
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:07 PM   #5
Fallon97
Forum Regular

I like the episode.
Fallon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
JR1
Forum Regular

I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites, given the format of the episode, but I like it fine enough.
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #7
FOL85NatandMrsGRock
The Lovable Sarah

Location: Wisconsin (Same Place Charlotte's From and where That 70's Show takes place!) .... Wish I was in Mayfield USA!
Send a message via AIM to FOL85NatandMrsGRock Send a message via MSN to FOL85NatandMrsGRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
I LOVE the episode 'The interview show': in fact, it's my favourite from season 6 along 'Working it out'!
Those are my two favorite episodes of the season too!!!

I like the interview show because there’s no other reason why they would tell some of those stories or give you inside information about their relationships with each other. In syndication, mrs. G’s part always seems to get cut short, so make sure to watch the DVD for full effect of her emotions!!
Gilmore Girls

Eric: This guy's no good, I'm telling you, I have a 5th sense about these things!
Jack: You mean a 6th sense?
Eric: No, that's smell! You gotta be lucky to get that one!
Boy Meets World
FOL85NatandMrsGRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 PM   #8
valentina warner

TV FOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL85NatandMrsGRock View Post
Those are my two favorite episodes of the season too!!!

I like the interview show because there’s no other reason why they would tell some of those stories or give you inside information about their relationships with each other. In syndication, mrs. G’s part always seems to get cut short, so make sure to watch the DVD for full effect of her emotions!!

Hey welcome back on board FOL85NatandMrsGRock!!! (i have missed reading your posts as it had been a while)

And yes, i remember from your old post that you and i agreed on a few things: we both love, 'Working it out' and 'The interview show'.
And from what i can tell, you're also a big MRS G fan, right???? (your initials with her name on it).

MRS G/ CHARLOTTE RAE was definitely hinting that soon she'll be retiring from the show, and when she tells the reporter how she'll miss her girls, you can tell that in a way they have become the daughters she never had, but that life goes on, that everybody needs 'CHANGE'......

The scene i particularly like is the end: when MRS G helps BLAIR put her coat on, and touches briefly her face..... Such a tender moment wow!!!! (didn't you once put that photo on this site by the way, about 10 years ago?).

Season 1 to season 6 are the highlight of the show, and FOL was never again the same after the 'Over our head' era.......

Old 05-26-2020, 10:15 PM   #9
TV Guy
Forum 3K Club Member

I like this one a lot, particularly the comments from Edna (who realizes that her girls won’t be with her much longer) and Blair and Jo (who acknowledge their deepening friendship). It would have been a decent series finale had the show not returned for season 7.
TV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #10
nvtlover
Occasional Poster

I like the Interview Show because it is so different, relaxed, and looks like it is made for a 80s school recruiting film. All show some emotion but "Edna"'s interview is a great goodbye and recap of her relationships on the show. This could have been a great series finale
nvtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:14 PM   #11
valentina warner

I agree with you both, TV Guy and nvtlover: 'The interview show' had all the ingredients for a goodbye, and when season 7 started with 'Over our heads', FOL was never again the same....
Old 06-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #12
Gemini_89

I always liked the relationship between Tootie and Mrs. G and there were some things in the episode that i didn't know before.......
Gemini_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #13
valentina warner

Confused TOOTIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini_89 View Post
I always liked the relationship between Tootie and Mrs. G and there were some things in the episode that i didn't know before.......

Really??? I always felt that TOOTIE was the one MRS G related the least, and i know she mentions on the 'Interview show' how they would have their unique 'heart to heart' talk, but it doesn't show on the show: MRS G seemed to relate more to BLAIR/NAT and BLAIR/JO, but for some reason, with TOOTIE she was caring and loving of course (she loved the 'Core of 4' very dearly no question to that!), but she didn't bond with her in the same way as with the other 3 girls.... It's the impression i got anyway.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #14
80s Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
Really??? I always felt that TOOTIE was the one MRS G related the least, and i know she mentions on the 'Interview show' how they would have their unique 'heart to heart' talk, but it doesn't show on the show: MRS G seemed to relate more to BLAIR/NAT and BLAIR/JO, but for some reason, with TOOTIE she was caring and loving of course (she loved the 'Core of 4' very dearly no question to that!), but she didn't bond with her in the same way as with the other 3 girls.... It's the impression i got anyway.

I think Mrs. G. didn't trust Tootie as much as the others because of Tootie's pennant for gossip and TROUBLEE!!
80s Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #15
valentina warner

Heart TOOTIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s Dude View Post
I think Mrs. G. didn't trust Tootie as much as the others because of Tootie's pennant for gossip and TROUBLEE!!

Maybe, but she still LOVED her!!!!!!!