Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board


The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes
FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 08:01 PM   #1
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,227
Heart MRS G's different hair colours

Has anyone noticed how on each season MRS G's shade of colour changed?

For instance:

On the pilot of DS 'The girls school': she had red bright hair (always in a bun of course) and was 'nicely shaped'.

Season 1: her hair colour was more 'ginger' and she was plump (chubby) then.

Season 2: her hair was still 'ginger' but she had lost weight considerably (far too much if you ask me).

Season 3: prettier than ever with her bright red hair and she gained a little weight, which made her look more feminine with her petite height.

Season 4: still red hair although maybe not as bright.

Season 5: definitely reddish and she started dressing very elegantly!

Season 6: very 80 s hair style (still the bun) but she had some 'poodle curly shaped hair' on her forehead and that is soo 80 s man!

Season 7: her hair was the worst shape ever: poodle 80 s hair style (very late 80 s KYLIE MINOGUE's hair) and she was no longer the warm feisty red haired woman we knew!

Season 8: goodbye to MRS G and although she looked very stylish and elegant for her wedding, she was no longer there in body and mind....

Any suggestions or comments?
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default

Pretty good summary!

I'd also mention the hair she sported in "...Goes to Paris", where she wore her hair down in one or two scenes. A very unusual look for her!
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #3
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,227
Wink MRS. G

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Pretty good summary!

I'd also mention the hair she sported in "...Goes to Paris", where she wore her hair down in one or two scenes. A very unusual look for her!

Thank you retro! You're my faithful follower as usual!

What happened to the rest of you guys?!

Whats more: i am so into FOL, that i have just downloaded the music tune on my mobile phone!
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
Thank you retro! You're my faithful follower as usual!

What happened to the rest of you guys?!

Whats more: i am so into FOL, that i have just downloaded the music tune on my mobile phone!
I noticed some seasons her hair is redder than others--I like the deeper red look over the lighter shade. I think it just looks prettier.

I haven't seen 80sSitcoms for a few days. Hope he's ok. He seemed to post a lot here and just disappeared.
cfr1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:22 PM   #5
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I noticed some seasons her hair is redder than others--I like the deeper red look over the lighter shade. I think it just looks prettier.
I agree: the deeper red is so beautiful, and I think it makes her look younger.

Quote:
I haven't seen 80sSitcoms for a few days. Hope he's ok. He seemed to post a lot here and just disappeared.
I'm pretty sure '80sSitcoms is fine. He'll disappear for a couple of days, and then come back; at least, that is what I have observed for the past six years or so. Of course, in our crazy times (considering Coronavirus), you can never be too sure. This place is always more fun when he's around.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #6
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I agree: the deeper red is so beautiful, and I think it makes her look younger.



I'm pretty sure '80sSitcoms is fine. He'll disappear for a couple of days, and then come back; at least, that is what I have observed for the past six years or so. Of course, in our crazy times (considering Coronavirus), you can never be too sure. This place is always more fun when he's around.
I hope it has nothing to do with the virus. I love his enthusiasm for the show and it's always fun when he posts. Same with you and valentina. In fact this whole board is a nice one to keep coming back to!

I don't remember who it was but someone said they've been here for 20 years? Yikes lol. I only discovered this site 3 years ago.
cfr1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:45 PM   #7
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I hope it has nothing to do with the virus. I love his enthusiasm for the show and it's always fun when he posts. Same with you and valentina. In fact this whole board is a nice one to keep coming back to!
The thing about FOL is that there's always plenty to talk about: its 41-year history, the roots of the show in its sister series (DS and Hello Larry), the large cast (who still, admirably, do interviews about the show, unlike many other series' casts), the episodes themselves, behind-the-scenes tidbits, etc. The show started off with ground-breaking episodes, and later became more milquetoast, but even the change in production and the change in the scripts is fascinating to talk about.

And we're always finding out new things! The Jenny O'Hara info in this last documentary was completely shocking, and changed my whole perception of the earliest episodes. It's funny how one simple interview can do that!

We are also glad you're here, and it's been fun getting to "know" you, and see you rediscover the show. The Politics forums on SitcomsOnline are a rough place to be, in this very divided country, but here on the FOL forum, things are usually a little more reasonable.

Quote:
I don't remember who it was but someone said they've been here for 20 years? Yikes lol. I only discovered this site 3 years ago.
'80sSitcoms has been here for 20+ years, though his current account dates from 2013.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:58 PM   #8
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
The thing about FOL is that there's always plenty to talk about: its 41-year history, the roots of the show in its sister series (DS and Hello Larry), the large cast (who still, admirably, do interviews about the show, unlike many other series' casts), the episodes themselves, behind-the-scenes tidbits, etc. The show started off with ground-breaking episodes, and later became more milquetoast, but even the change in production and the change in the scripts is fascinating to talk about.

And we're always finding out new things! The Jenny O'Hara info in this last documentary was completely shocking, and changed my whole perception of the earliest episodes. It's funny how one simple interview can do that!

We are also glad you're here, and it's been fun getting to "know" you, and see you rediscover the show. The Politics forums on SitcomsOnline are a rough place to be, in this very divided country, but here on the FOL forum, things are usually a little more reasonable.



'80sSitcoms has been here for 20+ years, though his current account dates from 2013.
Thanks Retro. I feel welcome here and it's true there's endless things to talk about with this show. I can't think of many others that have so many different topics to discuss like FOL. And it brings back good memories revisiting this show for me. Like i'll watch some episodes and wonder what I was doing when it originally aired. Sounds weird but I wonder things like that.

I realized quickly that Politic forum can get pretty nasty and hostile at times and that's not for me. Especially in times like this, i'd rather be around positivity than negativity so I scurried away from there fast.
cfr1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:09 AM   #9
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
Thanks Retro. I feel welcome here
I'm so glad!

Quote:
and it's true there's endless things to talk about with this show. I can't think of many others that have so many different topics to discuss like FOL. And it brings back good memories revisiting this show for me. Like i'll watch some episodes and wonder what I was doing when it originally aired. Sounds weird but I wonder things like that.
I don't think that sounds weird at all. It sounds like nostalgia. Which... is kinda what we all need a little bit of, in these crazy times. I definitely do the same thing: "Oh, I was six years old when this episode was taped!" Or: "Gosh, I barely remember this episode. Wonder if I missed it on Nick at Nite's syndication cycle."

My sister and I grew up with the show, and it's fascinating to see what made an impression on us: Tootie's red raincoat, the knock of "The Group", Cindy's tracksuit, the ice Nancy dumps down the front of Blair's shirt, the "Buddies Forever" photo Mrs. Garrett rips in half, the rose-colored flashbacks Blair and Jo experience during "Graduation", Natalie's hat, the horrible way Jo treated her teachers. These moments made such a huge impression on us. It made us who we are.

Quote:
I realized quickly that Politic forum can get pretty nasty and hostile at times and that's not for me. Especially in times like this, i'd rather be around positivity than negativity so I scurried away from there fast.
Yeah, it can be not-fun.

I don't come to SitcomsOnline for non-fun, so it's best to minimize hostility.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:43 AM   #10
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I'm so glad!



I don't think that sounds weird at all. It sounds like nostalgia. Which... is kinda what we all need a little bit of, in these crazy times. I definitely do the same thing: "Oh, I was six years old when this episode was taped!" Or: "Gosh, I barely remember this episode. Wonder if I missed it on Nick at Nite's syndication cycle."

My sister and I grew up with the show, and it's fascinating to see what made an impression on us: Tootie's red raincoat, the knock of "The Group", Cindy's tracksuit, the ice Nancy dumps down the front of Blair's shirt, the "Buddies Forever" photo Mrs. Garrett rips in half, the rose-colored flashbacks Blair and Jo experience during "Graduation", Natalie's hat, the horrible way Jo treated her teachers. These moments made such a huge impression on us. It made us who we are.
I find the older i'm getting, the more i'm looking back on all these old shows that take me back to a simpler time. Not necessarily the decades themselves, but like you say with your sister, it brings back memories of the people you were with at the time and the things you did when it originally aired.
When I look at that Edna's Edibles set, it transports me right back to the early 80's and for a split second I feel like i'm in JHS again. It's just comforting like being wrapped in an old comfy blanket.

And the characters are always so happy and the episodes never get too deep or maudlin, so in times like this it's a perfect escape.
cfr1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #11
Christopher
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2001
Posts: 14,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I don't remember who it was but someone said they've been here for 20 years? Yikes lol. I only discovered this site 3 years ago.

Ya know the way you put it makes it sound so old Let's just say it was not that long ago and skip the actual number of years

As for Mrs. Garrett's hair color, I prefer her look in season 3 and season 6. Season 7 was her worst look ever IMO.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #12
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,227
Icon15 MRS. G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Ya know the way you put it makes it sound so old Let's just say it was not that long ago and skip the actual number of years

As for Mrs. Garrett's hair color, I prefer her look in season 3 and season 6. Season 7 was her worst look ever IMO.

Exactly my point: MRS G's hair was HORRIBLE on season 7 lol!
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #13
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,227
Music FOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I hope it has nothing to do with the virus. I love his enthusiasm for the show and it's always fun when he posts. Same with you and valentina. In fact this whole board is a nice one to keep coming back to!

I don't remember who it was but someone said they've been here for 20 years? Yikes lol. I only discovered this site 3 years ago.

Thank you cfr1970 for mentioning retro and me: i'm glad to hear we're making this site enjoyable!
I feel exactly the same way: it's crazy, but i can hardly wait until night time (i usually work during the day ) so i can come and chat to all of you guys in this great SITCOMS ONLINE site!

PS: and i still cannot get enough from the FOL tune i recently downloaded on my mobile phone!
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:52 PM   #14
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,227
TV FOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I find the older i'm getting, the more i'm looking back on all these old shows that take me back to a simpler time. Not necessarily the decades themselves, but like you say with your sister, it brings back memories of the people you were with at the time and the things you did when it originally aired.
When I look at that Edna's Edibles set, it transports me right back to the early 80's and for a split second I feel like i'm in JHS again. It's just comforting like being wrapped in an old comfy blanket.

And the characters are always so happy and the episodes never get too deep or maudlin, so in times like this it's a perfect escape.

I feel exactly the same way cfr1970: the older i get, the more nostalgic i am looking back on all these old/retro shows that take me back to a simpler/safer time...
How i wished i could step into a time machine and go back to my childhood, when TV was at its greatest and music even better!
Sadly, nowadays sitcoms are so crap i stopped watching TV, so what do i do instead: i go on YouTube looking for a classic TV show and great music from back in time to remember and have a boogie!
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:55 PM   #15
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
Thank you cfr1970 for mentioning retro and me: i'm glad to hear we're making this site enjoyable!
I feel exactly the same way: it's crazy, but i can hardly wait until night time (i usually work during the day ) so i can come and chat to all of you guys in this great SITCOMS ONLINE site!

PS: and i still cannot get enough from the FOL tune i recently downloaded on my mobile phone!


I only wish I had discovered this site sooner. I only learned about this site after they shut down the IMDB boards a few years ago. I had nowhere to post about shows and movies anymore and Google search led me here.
cfr1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
mrs g

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.