Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Cancels Several Series; Quibi Returns Via Roku
NBC Upfront 2021-22: Fall 2021 Schedule; Fri-Yay: ABC and CBS Comedy Renewal Decisions
Billy Porter and More Join The Proud Family Revival; HBO Max Orders Gordita Chronicles
FXX Orders Animated Comedy Little Demon; The CW to Revive Legends of the Hidden Temple
Fox 2021-22 Updates Includes Comedy News; ABC Renews Grey's Anatomy and Station 19 for 2021-22, NBC Orders Dark Comedy Pilot
Netflix Sitcom The Upshaws Premieres on Wednesday (May 12); Hallmark Channel Sitcom Schedule Changes
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 10, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January-May)

Corporate - Season 2 Fam - The Complete Series Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series

01/22 - Corporate - Season 2
01/22 - Corporate - Season 3
02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday

Thumbs up Wow, new ones!

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but for the past 2 days in a row Z Living channel has shown 4 never before shown episodes of O&H! I've been so used to seeing the same episodes over and over all I need now is about 30 seconds of the beginning of the show to tell whether it's another repeat of a repeat. I hope Z Living keeps up the good work they've done over the past 2 days. Z Living shows O&H at 11 am, 2 episodes in a row. Now the bizarro channel Mnet or whatever they call themselves today they show one O&H early every morning a 5 am. But they're still in the repeats of repeats of repeats rut. So, as of now they're a waste of time. Now every O&H I record is on a RW DVD or a RAM DVD, in other words a re-recordable and erasable disc. So the hundreds of repeats of repeats are no longer taking up valuable real DVD+R space. If it's a repeat I just erase it off the DVD RW, if it's a new show I copy it to a permanent DVD+R disc. Hope tomorrow's another repeat free day on Z Living at 11 am.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

You lucky duck! Wished I got Z living. But between my DVD sets and YT, I probably have access to 75% of all the eps. A higher % would be great of course, but 75% - over 300 eps isn’t bad.
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #3
Hazel Anyday

Wink Ozzies Today Ozzies Tomorrow, maybe

I haven't done a count but I probably have about 150, more or less. Like you I'd like to have them all. I don't know how to download Ytube videos, I tried but it didn't work. Sounds like you're doing alright though. With me it's either feast or famine, one day I'm watching 2 Ozzies the next couple days nothing (due to all the repeats). Midnight on Friday night Z shows 3 hours in a row, but most of the time all will be repeats with maybe one or 2 exceptions sometimes that is. Well, hopefully Z is getting it's Ozzie act together.
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #4
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday View Post
I haven't done a count but I probably have about 150, more or less. Like you I'd like to have them all. I don't know how to download Ytube videos, I tried but it didn't work. Sounds like you're doing alright though. With me it's either feast or famine, one day I'm watching 2 Ozzies the next couple days nothing (due to all the repeats). Midnight on Friday night Z shows 3 hours in a row, but most of the time all will be repeats with maybe one or 2 exceptions sometimes that is. Well, hopefully Z is getting it's Ozzie act together.
I don’t download them, I just watch them from YT. I know there are softwares you can probably buy to let you do this, but I’m not that savvy.

While I love my sets, I don’t love all the duplicates. Sheesh. I have six “The Tigers Go To A Dance”. My most treasured eps are the full cut ones- commercials and all. Most were on VHS. Those ones cost a pretty penny-most were bought 1999-2003 often at $13 for two eps or one where I got lucky 4 eps for $8. I could kick myself for spending so much back then, but DVDs were just coming out. I was happy that all my O&H were able to be burned to DVD. I probably have 25-30 FULL eps. But even a clipped ep is much better than nothing.

If there’s an ep you want to discuss, name it. I probably have it or can find it on YT.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:16 AM   #5
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Veteran

Although I don't have one, there are lists of episodes which appear to be lost and haven't been shown anywhere--probably under 100 episodes. I'm wondering if these episodes that are cropping up on this channel are some of these rare episodes.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #6
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
Although I don't have one, there are lists of episodes which appear to be lost and haven't been shown anywhere--probably under 100 episodes. I'm wondering if these episodes that are cropping up on this channel are some of these rare episodes.
That would be wonderful. I hope some hard-core fans who have posted here in the past, still read posts to this forum and thread, and will chime in.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #7
Hazel Anyday

Talking Recent Z Livings Showings & A Miracle Worker

Well, I guess I did jinx it a bit. Today they showed 2 repeats. But I watched because they were shows I've only seen them show once before. Most of the time when they show repeats they're repeats that have been shown 10 or more times already. As for what are some of the shows I've seen from them recently, you can judge whether these are rare ones or everyday ones, I don't know. Here's some from recent showings:
7.12 Helpful Neighbor
7.13 Runaways
7.36 Oz Plans A Surprise
8.14 David's Car Payments
8.16 Rick's English Lit Class
9.15 Girl Who Loses Things
9.21 2 Small Boys & A Dog
9.25 Rick's Broken Arm
10.11 Rick The Milkman
10.14 Special Cake
10.16 Lamp For Dave & June
10.18 Operation Barry
10.21 Lonesome Parents
11.11 Old Friend of June's
11.21 Decorating Dave's Office
11.23 Dave & The Fraternity Lease
12.9 Lawyer's Convention
12.11 June Is Always Late
13.24 Desk Photo
13.26 Painting From The Past

While I don't know how to download from YT I did buy several years back a little device I have wished existed since I first got a computer. That is a device that I could use to hook up my computer to my DVD recorder using RCA connections. I had always read and even was told by computer experts that it was impossible to do. Finally about 2012 or so I found my wish finally came true by searching on Amazon. They still sell this little miracle worker (though it's white now, the one I bought was black). It's made by Sewell called a PC to TV Converter. You don't even have to plug it in, it's a device you hook up to your computer and on the other end RCA connections hook to the DVD player OR to your TV if you don't use a DVD recorder. Here's the way it is now on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Direct.../dp/B002PXFJ2O
Old 04-23-2020, 09:06 PM   #8
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Veteran

So if I understand this correctly (and I hope i do!), I can connect this to the computer, play a Youtube video, and ACTUALLY RECORD it on the DVD recorder?
Old 04-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #9
Hazel Anyday

Absolutely. I've been doing this ever since I got it in 2012 or maybe it was 2013. You can record on your DVD recorder anything you can play on your computer. So, yes I could record all those O&H's on YTube if I wanted, I just need to work myself into the mood to do a lot of recording. But I have recorded missing Lassie episodes and missing Amos & Andy episodes and many movies right from the computer. You're recording in real time, so if a TV show is a 1/2 hour long it takes a 1/2 hour to record it. It's just the same as if you were recording a show off of your TV signal or cable signal. Though I see the new version of this device (it's really just a converter) requires you to power it with a USB connection from your computer. My old one doesn't need any power at all, it's like hooking one end of a wire to another end, no power necessary to run the old converter. But I see from Amazon today that it does need a USB line from computer to power it. That's still no problem, it even comes with the wire to connect it to power it. But just noticed this difference. Other than that it's the same converter. Look at it from that Amazon site I gave above, you can see how it looks.

And yes, I saw the claim that as long as you have YouTube all your DVD's are unnecessary. Uh huh, right. There's a whole whole lot of stuff that you won't find on YouTube or elsewhere on the net that only a DVD collection would provide you with. So that claim is pie in the sky or for people trying to convince themselves that anything they want is on youtube, it's not. I wish it were true, but no.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:50 PM   #10
retroTVfan4ever
PAS/IHE

I've sometimes wondered if there's a way to record/download videos off of You Tube but I don't think I'd actually want to do it. I'll watch videos on You Tube occasionally, I've found some interesting stuff on there.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:03 PM   #11
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Absolutely. I've been doing this ever since I got it in 2012 or maybe it was 2013. You can record on your DVD recorder anything you can play on your computer. So, yes I could record all those O&H's on YTube if I wanted, I just need to work myself into the mood to do a lot of recording. But I have recorded missing Lassie episodes and missing Amos & Andy episodes and many movies right from the computer. You're recording in real time, so if a TV show is a 1/2 hour long it takes a 1/2 hour to record it. It's just the same as if you were recording a show off of your TV signal or cable signal. Though I see the new version of this device (it's really just a converter) requires you to power it with a USB connection from your computer. My old one doesn't need any power at all, it's like hooking one end of a wire to another end, no power necessary to run the converter as I see from Amazon today that it does need a USB from computer to power. That's still no problem, it even comes with the wire to connect it to power it. But just noticed this difference. Other than that it's the same converter. Look at it from that Amazon site I gave above, you can see how it looks.

And yes, I saw the claim that as long as you have YouTube all your DVD's are unnecessary. Uh huh, right. There's a whole whole lot of stuff that you won't find on YouTube or elsewhere on the net that only a DVD collection would provide you with. So that claim is pie in the sky or for people trying to convince themselves that anything they want is on youtube, it's not. I wish it were true, but no.
Of course NOT EVERYTHING is on YT but a good amount is. YT is a quick and dirty way to get to a lot of viewing—but there are certainly more sources.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #12
Hazel Anyday

There is a way to download YouTube videos too, I just have never figured it out. You have to download a free thingamabob to your computer then you supposedly go to the video you want to download and copy the address of the site that has the video you want to the box that will now appear on your computer and supposedly it will download. Well, it never worked for me. So recording with my converter is the only way I know how to record video from the computer. I do know how to download audio stuff, but not video.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:06 PM   #13
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Veteran

And Youtube can take down any video, anytime. Copyright claim, that's it. Removed. That's what CBS does all the time whenever anyone posts a full episode of My Three Sons.

What a device--thanks for the tip! Also I probably have that list of missing O&H episodes someplace in email. One I know for sure is "The Hong Kong Suit" from season 14. Everything else from season 14 is available, some in color, some not.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:12 PM   #14
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Well, I guess I did jinx it a bit. Today they showed 2 repeats. But I watched because they were shows I've only seen them show once before. Most of the time when they show repeats they're repeats that have been shown 10 or more times already. As for what are some of the shows I've seen from them recently, you can judge whether these are rare ones or everyday ones, I don't know. Here's some from recent showings:
7.12 Helpful Neighbor
7.13 Runaways
7.36 Oz Plans A Surprise
8.14 David's Car Payments
8.16 Rick's English Lit Class
9.15 Girl Who Loses Things
9.21 2 Small Boys & A Dog
9.25 Rick's Broken Arm
10.11 Rick The Milkman
10.14 Special Cake
10.16 Lamp For Dave & June
10.18 Operation Barry
10.21 Lonesome Parents
11.11 Old Friend of June's
11.21 Decorating Dave's Office
11.23 Dave & The Fraternity Lease
12.9 Lawyer's Convention
12.11 June Is Always Late
13.24 Desk Photo
13.26 Painting From The Past

While I don't know how to download from YT I did buy several years back a little device I have wished existed since I first got a computer. That is a device that I could use to hook up my computer to my DVD recorder using RCA connections. I had always read and even was told by computer experts that it was impossible to do. Finally about 2012 or so I found my wish finally came true by searching on Amazon. They still sell this little miracle worker (though it's white now, the one I bought was black). It's made by Sewell called a PC to TV Converter. You don't even have to plug it in, it's a device you hook up to your computer and on the other end RCA connections hook to the DVD player OR to your TV if you don't use a DVD recorder. Here's the way it is now on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Direct.../dp/B002PXFJ2O
Wow what a great list! Thanks for posting it. There 8 on here Iíve never seen. Gonna see what luck I have finding them on YT.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:19 PM   #15
Hazel Anyday

I could list lots of different stuff I'd like to have but it's not on YouTube. One tiny example, the one Bachelor Father episode I'm missing Ep. 5-10 "Star Light, Star Not So Bright". So much not on YouTube I don't have time to go thru it all.