Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Will HBO Max Work?; ABC Announces 2020-21 Season Programming
Freeform Announces 2020-21 Slate; Fox Brings Back Last Man Standing, Prodigal Son and The Resident for 2021
Summer of Me Returns June 1 on MeTV; FXX Orders More Dave

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #106
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

A couple of quick tidbits that I thought were interesting...

Annette had a certain drug in her body at the time...so it is either thought that she had done this at the hotel before she left work, or that means that she had gone somewhere after the pharmacy and did this with the mysterious woman. Also, it is interesting to note that her prescription was never opened nor taken.

Charlie McCormick can actually be seen in the UM reenactment. He is one of the skiers that comes across Bobbi's body. If you watch close, you can see...I just saw this in the Farina version.
hostedbyrobertstack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #107
DALLASTEXAN!!

I listened to the trail went cold podcast the other day. It was great btw. I did not know about the picture found In Annette’s backpack. Kind of creepy that the picture is similar to the way Robert Ben Rhoades has his right eye closed in his pictures.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #108
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I'm not jumping into the whole "Rob did it" bandwagon with this question, but if the police theorize that because some of the suspects DNA did not match the blood found on Bobbi's glove that they could have had accomplices, what's stopping them from running with the theory that Jeff Oberholtzer could have had an accomplice?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:23 AM   #109
dynoguy88

Apparently this case was profiled on ID's, 'On the case with Paula Zahn,' back in May and I never noticed. The episode should be on Demand, so I'll give it a watch tonight....

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/1...dge-cold-case/
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #110
dynoguy88

Just a few notes about the ‘On the case with Paula Zahn’ episode for those interested.

- Nothing major in terms of development on the case was revealed but there were plenty of loved ones interviewed. Familiar faces like Jim Hardtke, Charlie McCormick and Jeff Oberholtzer were featured. Jeff got emotional when he described the police officer opening the body bag and having to identify Bobbie’s body. Bobbie’s sister and Annette’s mother and sister were also interviewed.

- A little surprising to me but when Bobbie’s sister was asked if Bobbie and Jeff had a happy marriage, the sister said got the sense that Bobbie wasn’t happy. But she said nothing to follow that statement up with why she felt that way other than, “she was my sister and she couldn’t fake it with me.” We then hear nothing from her until the end of the episode when she stated that every day, she walks by the cemetery were Bobbie is buried in their hometown of Racine, Wisconsin.

- Annette apparently had a goofy sense of humor and was always trying to make her friends laugh. She went to a modeling school in Omaha for a year before moving to Colorado.

- The orange socks definitely belonged to Annette. Her mother instantly recognized them as the same ones she had given Annette at Christmas, just a couple weeks before the murders.

- We get a little more detail about the one instance where Jeff had picked up Annette when she was hitchhiking, a couple months prior to the murders. He pulled up alongside her and asked where she was going. She replied she needed to get to Frisco. Jeff said he was also heading to Frisco but that he needed to stop at the bank along the way first. On the car ride, he gave Annette his business card. When they arrived at the bank, Jeff went inside while Annette waited in the truck. At this point, a friend of Bobbie’s who worked at a business across the street from the bank noticed Jeff’s truck and a woman with long blondish/brownish hair sitting in the front seat. Thinking that the woman was Bobbie, she walked over and it wasn’t until she reached the window that she discovered it was Annette. This friend told police of this instance and it helped back up Jeff’s account that he had definitely once picked up Annette while she was hitchhiking.

- The picture of the man found in Annette’s wallet was shown but he is still to be identified. Also, there was no mention of the black haired woman Annette was last seen with at the pharmacy just before she disappeared. She too has never been identified.

- Thomas Luther was mentioned as the main possible suspect for a while – and for years, I couldn’t imagine it being anyone else. But he was eliminated when the blood on Bobbie’s mitten (which was from a male) was not his. The blood was also not Jeff’s.

- The friend of Bobbie and Jeff who was part of the search party and discovered her body noticed it from a far distance, much like what was shown in the UM reenactment. He was smart and didn’t go any closer in order to not disturb the crime scene.

- There was no mention of the friend who visited Jeff the night Bobbie disappeared.

- Conveniently, the episode also made no mention of the police’s abysmal initial response to Bobbie going missing. It was stated they immediately got involved once the bloody mitten and backpack were discovered. But that completely contradicts what was written in the books, ‘Monster,’ and ‘Murderers Among Us,’ which both stated when Jeff returned to the police for the second time (in 3 hours) after finding the mitten and backpack, was once again turned away. They did not get involved until Bobbie’s body was found.

- The blood on the mitten is still getting tested and was put in a database but there’s still no developments.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:37 AM   #111
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Just a few notes about the ‘On the case with Paula Zahn’ episode for those interested.
Thanks, dynoguy! This is a great synopsis.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #112
WishfulDreamer

Thank you so much, Dynoguy It's sad there aren't really any new leads, but at least the case is still getting attention.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #113
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

I really, obviously, think they need to go the familial DNA route w/ this one and at least see what path it leads down. Seems odd that no hits in CODIS. Although, I do know that some inmates don't have their DNA taken until they are released from prison, which could be a while for some people. So, it stands to reason that either the perpetrator never committed any other crimes, or is incarcerated for a crime and not yet released. Makes very quite the mystery...
hostedbyrobertstack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #114
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack View Post
Annette had a certain drug in her body at the time...so it is either thought that she had done this at the hotel before she left work, or that means that she had gone somewhere after the pharmacy and did this with the mysterious woman. Also, it is interesting to note that her prescription was never opened nor taken.
I'm assuming the drug found in her system was illicit?

Also kind of odd that her prescription was never opened nor taken, as it was intended to treat a yeast infection, presumably a vaginal one. Those are pretty uncomfortable, and you might surmise she'd want to get a start on getting it cleared up as soon as possible, so to speak. Maybe you were privy to this detail, but the form and route of the drug might have been a factor. Please forgive the frankness, but if the prescription was for a vaginal suppository rather than an oral antifungal, Annette may have delayed inserting it until she could get to a more optimal location to do so, like her home.

I just watched the 'On the Case with Paula Zahn' episode about the case on Prime yesterday, and it left me thinking about that man in the photograph. He really bothers me; he's bothered me for years. I'm pretty well convinced that photo probably has nothing to do with the case, but no one in Annette's life--including her family--has ever been able to identify the man.

That haircut almost certainly indicates the man is of an institution of some form, be it military or prison. That is the standard high and tight I've seen a million times in the armed forces. But I don't think he's wearing a military uniform. It doesn't fit most uniforms worn at that time in any of the U.S. armed forces. I considered whether the man could've been wearing the old OG-107 uniform that was still worn by the U.S. Army and Air Force around that time (although it was being phased out by 1982) as it would be the closest fit, but there are no nametapes on either side of his chest or rank/branch insignia on his lapels. It could just as easily be a service member in civilian clothes. It could also be a prison intake photograph, but I feel like those typically feature a placard indicating information about the inmate and the facility.

We actually really don't know when this photo was even taken. I would be interested to know if the photograph paper itself was ever analyzed, similar to what happened in the Tara Calico case.

In any event, I strongly suspect it's unrelated to the case, but I don't understand what it's about.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #115
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86 View Post
In any event, I strongly suspect it's unrelated to the case, but I don't understand what it's about.
I too don't think the photo has any bearing on the case, but I also am legitimately curious as to who this person is and why Annette was carrying this photo around. The photo looks older than one that would have been taken in the 80's, and it looks either military or a prison mugshot. Maybe an ex-boyfriend of Annette's that was a brief relationship?

ETA: A year or so ago, this case was mentioned on reddit and a poster (who seemed to have intimate knowledge of the case) made a comment that they would never not suspect Jeff as the murderer. I private messaged this person and never heard back. It appears that the person deleted their reddit account.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #116
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
ETA: A year or so ago, this case was mentioned on reddit and a poster (who seemed to have intimate knowledge of the case) made a comment that they would never not suspect Jeff as the murderer. I private messaged this person and never heard back. It appears that the person deleted their reddit account.
You think it might be Jeff's brother or someone close to him? I know he pointed the finger squarely at Jeff at the time of the murders, and as far as I can tell continued to do so up until the early '90s. Beyond that, I don't know what his feelings might have been, but at the time they seemed pretty fixed.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #117
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
You think it might be Jeff's brother or someone close to him? I know he pointed the finger squarely at Jeff at the time of the murders, and as far as I can tell continued to do so up until the early '90s. Beyond that, I don't know what his feelings might have been, but at the time they seemed pretty fixed.
I'm not sure, it was on a post about "unpopular opinions" about true crime, and they popped in and said nothing would ever convince them that Jeff wasn't involved in the murders. I wish I could remember more, but the tone of it came like it was from someone closely associated with the case. I have also looked for over an hour trying to find a link.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #118
MegtheEgg86

I don't know if this is house the Oberholtzers actually lived in, but it definitely was used in the UM reenactment of Bobbi leaving her house to go to work on January 6, 1982. In any event, it's for sale:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...13992101_zpid/
Old 11-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #119
dynoguy88

Quote:
I don't know if this is house the Oberholtzers actually lived in, but it definitely was used in the UM reenactment of Bobbi leaving her house to go to work on January 6, 1982. In any event, it's for sale:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...13992101_zpid/
Exactly down the road from Hoosier Pass, where Bobbie ended up. I'll bet that's the exact house...

Old 11-30-2019, 12:10 PM   #120
EighthStreet
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack View Post

Annette had a certain drug in her body at the time...so it is either thought that she had done this at the hotel before she left work, or that means that she had gone somewhere after the pharmacy and did this with the mysterious woman.
Would explain why the people she was seen speaking with never came forward. Probably want to stay clear of the police when your [alleged] cocaine buddy gets killed.
EighthStreet is offline   Reply With Quote