Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board

The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes
FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Will HBO Max Work?; ABC Announces 2020-21 Season Programming
Freeform Announces 2020-21 Slate; Fox Brings Back Last Man Standing, Prodigal Son and The Resident for 2021

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-29-2020, 11:24 PM   #46
cfr1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Yes. Soooo young!
I just ordered the DS season 1 on Ebay! Got it for $5 bucks with free shipping!! Estimated delivery says April 7, but who knows in these times. I don't even know if post offices are open for people to ship lol.

It ships from Jacksonville and i'm in Orlando so it should hopefully arrive quick!!
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #47
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I just ordered the DS season 1 on Ebay! Got it for $5 bucks with free shipping!! Estimated delivery says April 7, but who knows in these times. I don't even know if post offices are open for people to ship lol.

It ships from Jacksonville and i'm in Orlando so it should hopefully arrive quick!!
Oh, I had no idea you were in Orlando! When I worked at Disney, I lived Kissimmee-adjacent, in St. Cloud. Orlando is quite the area! Always hopping...
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #48
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
I just ordered the DS season 1 on Ebay! Got it for $5 bucks with free shipping!!
Yay! More Mrs. Garrett for cfr!

Quote:
Estimated delivery says April 7, but who knows in these times. I don't even know if post offices are open for people to ship lol.
Yes, thankfully, post offices and UPS stores are still open---and thank you for saying that, you reminded me I wanted to do an Amazon order! Thanks! lol

Quote:
Oh wow! And all this time I thought you were a yankee way up there in New York! But you're really down closer to the Golden Girls in the sunshine state!
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:59 PM   #49
cfr1970

Quote:
Oh, I had no idea you were in Orlando! When I worked at Disney, I lived Kissimmee-adjacent, in St. Cloud. Orlando is quite the area! Always hopping...
I'm actually in Kissimmee! I just say Orlando because it's the main city. St. Cloud is like 10 mins from where I live. I love it here...will be 20 years next week since I moved here. Wouldn't wanna live anywhere else!!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:03 AM   #50
'80sSitcoms

^---wow, cool!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:04 AM   #51
cfr1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
Yay! More Mrs. Garrett for cfr!

Yes, thankfully, post offices and UPS stores are still open---and thank you for saying that, you reminded me I wanted to do an Amazon order! Thanks! lol

Oh wow! And all this time I thought you were a yankee way up there in New York! But you're really down closer to the Golden Girls in the sunshine state!
I grew up in NY and moved here to FL the day after I turned 30. I packed my car with everything and drove down. Never looked back!!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:06 AM   #52
Lorimar Television

Quote:
I'm actually in Kissimmee! I just say Orlando because it's the main city. St. Cloud is like 10 mins from where I live. I love it here...will be 20 years next week since I moved here. Wouldn't wanna live anywhere else!!
Wow thats even CLOSER to Disney World! Awesome!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:06 AM   #53
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by road-hittin' cfr1970
the day after I turned 30. I packed my car with everything and drove down
From what you've told us of your adventures, I'm not surprised at all!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:09 AM   #54
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
Awww, Kissimmee is so cool! Yes, of course most people would just say "Orlando", no point in mentioning which suburb.

Wow! Cool connection!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:30 AM   #55
cfr1970

Quote:
Awww, Kissimmee is so cool! Yes, of course most people would just say "Orlando", no point in mentioning which suburb.

Wow! Cool connection!
Retro, when did you work at Disney? For years I worked right across the street from the Disney entrance at the Crossroads Plaza in 535 at the Gooding's Supermarket. (Which is hear is being torn down to make way for the i-4 highway expansion, which is sad.)
Old 03-30-2020, 12:33 AM   #56
cfr1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
From what you've told us of your adventures, I'm not surprised at all!
From my earliest memory I wanted to get out and see the world! I sometimes think I was born an adult and just waited for my childhood body to grow and catch up with me.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:49 AM   #57
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
Retro, when did you work at Disney? For years I worked right across the street from the Disney entrance at the Crossroads Plaza in 535 at the Gooding's Supermarket. (Which is hear is being torn down to make way for the i-4 highway expansion, which is sad.)
2005-2007. I know I drove just past there on many occasions, on the 535. It's always sad to see a place you liked working at disappear.

I worked frequently at the old Toontown in Magic Kingdom, and was sad to see that get revamped, though I know almost nothing stays the same at Disney parks. I also worked in a building just off Main Street, in Magic Kingdom, which is now a glassblowing shop. That space still has an octagonal shape, the same shape as when it had an octagonal table in it, which is where I kept my equipment.

I also worked at Disney Feature Animation, on the third floor, doing media work, though the facility was mostly shut down. I hear that that building is now the Star Wars launch bay.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:01 AM   #58
Lorimar Television

Quote:
2005-2007. I know I drove just past there on many occasions, on the 535. It's always sad to see a place you liked working at disappear.

I worked frequently at the old Toontown in Magic Kingdom, and was sad to see that get revamped, though I know almost nothing stays the same at Disney parks. I also worked in a building just off Main Street, in Magic Kingdom, which is now a glassblowing shop. That space still has an octagonal shape, the same shape as when it had an octagonal table in it, which is where I kept my equipment.

I also worked at Disney Feature Animation, on the third floor, doing media work, though the facility was mostly shut down. I hear that that building is now the Star Wars launch bay.
Wow thats so awesome! I used to love Toontown as a kid!
Lorimar Television is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:03 AM   #59
cfr1970

Quote:

That's really cool! I always wanted to get a p/t Disney job to make extra money but the crazy hours at my f/t job just wouldn't allow it. It sounds like a lot of fun to actually work at Disney! It's sad the closest I ever got was across the street from it. Whenever i'd leave work, i'd wistfully look at that entrance across the street and dream.
They have a really great pet resort on their grounds that I use to board my bird whenever I go away. Being Disney, I trust them completely with my baby.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:18 AM   #60
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimar Television View Post
Wow thats so awesome! I used to love Toontown as a kid!
Who wouldn't? Even as an adult, I LOVED the cartoony, misshapen houses for Mickey and Minnie.

Toontown was great because the big top was air conditioned, meaning it was great to work in, all year round. You couldn't say that about many locations. At that time, the character rooms were the Pooh Room, the Princess Room, the Fab Four room, and four rooms for Mickey. I was a Photopass photographer at the time, and adored working in the Pooh room because the characters were terrific to work with (great to the guests and the photographers), the lines were rarely long, and it was like working in a studio playset. Mickey's rooms were hell.

When Julie Pie taped her FOL/NMMC WDW interview on a spot near the castle, a few years ago, I knew the exact spot on the lawn she was at, having been there 300 times myself. It was a trip back in nostalgia not just for her, but for me as well. Quite the experience watching that video!