Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics / Random Posts

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Will HBO Max Work?; ABC Announces 2020-21 Season Programming
Freeform Announces 2020-21 Slate; Fox Brings Back Last Man Standing, Prodigal Son and The Resident for 2021
Summer of Me Returns June 1 on MeTV; FXX Orders More Dave

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-29-2020, 02:29 AM   #46
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
The only thing I didn't have was respiratory issues. I rarely get sick and I usually bounce back after a day or two, so two weeks was quite long for me.

What's scary to me is that you could be asymptomatic and test positive for corona. Someone I know is a physical therapist at a nursing home in NYC and I'm hearing a lot of the horror stories (lack of supplies, tests, etc) from him and other people I know in the medical field who are in the front lines in all of this.

Some of the residents tested positive and they had to test the roommates of the infected. The roommates showed no symptoms of anything and tested positive for corona. So we could have a lot more people infected with it who unknowingly spread it around thinking they are healthy.

(btw, it really pisses me off when I see others saying corona is nothing to worry about and that it's all a hoax or media hype... it's very real)
Yeah it's hitting people differently where some die and others don't get sick at all. That's what makes it even scarier to me. I am also infuriated that people are making light of it. Sure people shouldn't hoard toilet paper but people should be concerned about it spreading. I see so many complaining because it cramps their style but I'd rather it affect my lifestyle than affect my life or others.
IllinoisTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #47
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
I was sick around the beginning of the year, around January, and I've been wondering if I could have had the coronavirus. I felt very hot and sweaty, had really bad throat and cough, teary and red eyes, and stuffy nose.

My regular MD wasn't in the day I called to make an appt., and I didn't want to wait another couple of days for him to get back, so I decided to go to Urgent Care. My vitals were fine, they took my temp. which was 99.9 and gave me a nasal swab test for the flu which came back negative. The doctor there told me that I most likely had a virus, but she "hadn't seen something like this before" and didn't give me a specific diagnosis. She said that there wasn't much they can do and that my body had to fight it off and she prescribed me some cough syrup. It took me a couple of weeks to fully get over it.

I recently sent my MD my medical report from Urgent Care and he told me it was quite possible as there were many people coming into his facility with those same symptoms around that time.
James, that is scary ! So glad you are feeling better now ! Take care of yourself and stay well!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #48
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Thanks guys and stay well everyone.

btw, that flu nasal swab test sucked. I'd rather get blood drawn. It's a good thing the nurse didn't tell me what she was doing and how deep it was going to go as I would have freaked out.
Attached Images

JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #49
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts! View Post
I dunno. Iíve never seen you be an ******* to others and Iíve been here 15 years. I think many value your presence here. And those who donít donít have to read your posts.

And, BTW, I donít think any of those words in quotes apply to YOU either.
I was an ******* a few times...I'll tell you more in a PM since their opinions mattered more than mine!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #50
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol

Quote:

(btw, it really pisses me off when I see others saying corona is nothing to worry about and that it's all a hoax or media hype... it's very real)
Those of us living in NYC know this too well. And for all of those who think it’s not a big deal: take a look at all the makeshift morgues they’ve had to build in NYC. And other cities are beginning to feel the heat too.

xxoo You both Rock!!

Last edited by OH Nuts!; 03-30-2020 at 12:25 AM.
OH Nuts! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:07 PM   #51
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
My daughter is considered high risk, so social distancing for her is imperative. She hasn't left the property since she came home from college. She's doing the classes she can online.

We are extra precautious because of this, I do the grocery/supply runs when we need. Everything goes straight into the garage then we clean/disinfect what we can.

Mail/packages we're also extra careful with, everything is opened outside or in the garage, and unless it's a bill, all mail goes straight into the garbage.

I'm home from work for the time being, my wife has pretty much always worked from home so she's used to this and her job and the field she works in is considered essential, so she's still got a paycheck coming in.
You and your family take good care Torgo. Thank God you are being diligent.What’s going on in New Orleans and NYC provides a riveting glimpse of HOW SERIOUS the Coronavirus can be.

Last edited by OH Nuts!; 03-30-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:58 PM   #52
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
I was sick around the beginning of the year, around January, and I've been wondering if I could have had the coronavirus. I felt very hot and sweaty, had really bad throat and cough, teary and red eyes, and stuffy nose.

My regular MD wasn't in the day I called to make an appt., and I didn't want to wait another couple of days for him to get back, so I decided to go to Urgent Care. My vitals were fine, they took my temp. which was 99.9 and gave me a nasal swab test for the flu which came back negative. The doctor there told me that I most likely had a virus, but she "hadn't seen something like this before" and didn't give me a specific diagnosis. She said that there wasn't much they can do and that my body had to fight it off and she prescribed me some cough syrup. It took me a couple of weeks to fully get over it.

I recently sent my MD my medical report from Urgent Care and he told me it was quite possible as there were many people coming into his facility with those same symptoms around that time.
That's what I had a couple weeks ago. Went to my doctor and they made me get the test. It came back negative. There's a lot of bad stuff out there.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #53
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan View Post
Glad you're feeling better. My dad now wonders if a close friend of his died from it. She was the wife of a very close friend and she started getting sick and no one knew what was happening. She was having trouble breathing and fever, etc. She passed before Christmas. Meanwhile my dad and I both got sick very bad. He was fine after a few days but he's strong. I was sick close to a month. I have bronchitis and asthma anyway so if I was having a hard time breathing I wouldn't be concerned because I get a bad cough even with a cold. Reminds me a bit of the AIDS epidemic in the early 80's where people didn't know how it was transmitted at first and they later found out that it was around long before they thought (as early as the 60's I think).
I wonder if that's what my Dad died of in January. He suffered from congested heart failure for years but he just deteriorated so fast like within a week. I talked to him on the phone the night before he died and I could barely understand him. I know he said he thought he had the flu again. I have asthma too that's why I have to be careful.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:04 PM   #54
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks guys and stay well everyone.

btw, that flu nasal swab test sucked. I'd rather get blood drawn. It's a good thing the nurse didn't tell me what she was doing and how deep it was going to go as I would have freaked out.
I had that done and it came back negative and so they made me get the virus test. The flu test is nothing compared to that. They actually told me to hold on to the chair and don't jerk my head back. They both go up your nose.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:24 PM   #55
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television View Post
I wonder if that's what my Dad died of in January. He suffered from congested heart failure for years but he just deteriorated so fast like within a week. I talked to him on the phone the night before he died and I could barely understand him. I know he said he thought he had the flu again. I have asthma too that's why I have to be careful.

OMG!! That could have been what happened to your Dad!! Prayers with you! Be well!!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:43 AM   #56
OH Nuts!
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television View Post
OMG Sonny, please take care of yourself. Many of us love you here.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #57
MA
Forum Legend

I hope everyone is alright and that they stay safe.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #58
TVShowAddict
Occasional Poster

Stay safe everyone! We will get through this!
TVShowAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #59
Torgo
Art by me and Baby Torgo
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts! View Post
You and your family take good care Torgo. Thank God you are being diligent.Whatís going on in New Orleans and NYC provides a riveting glimpse of HOW SERIOUS the Coronavirus can be.
Thank you, Oh Nuts, you and yours too!

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #60
Chocolate Moose

Let's share good happy and healthy news! and soon!!!