Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Space Force on Netflix Thoughts; BET+ Comedy Gets Binge Premiere
Antenna TV's Coach Father's Day Marathon; The CW Acquires Patrick Dempsey Thriller for Fall 2020
HBO Max Comedy Starts Strong; Alexa & Katie Returns in June for Final Episodes
Ted Lasso Coming Soon to Apple TV+; Quibi Picks Up 2nd Season of Dishmantled
Disney+ Orders Second Season of Diary of a Future President; Young Sheldon Streaming on HBO Max
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 1, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Acquires Young Sheldon; Simpsons Now Available in Original Aspect Ratio on Disney+

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April/May/June)

Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season

02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Default What happened to trucker Devon Williams?

Just to refresh, he was the trucker who was seen driving his rig through the forest, then he disappeared and years later his skull was found.

Always felt it was exceedingly bizarre.

Im sure its been discussed on here any thoughts?
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #2
EighthStreet
Frequent Poster

https://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards...Devon+Williams

My money would be on a stroke.
EighthStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
drew790
Forum Regular

or aneurysm.

Definitely medical.
drew790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:16 PM   #4
Thiussat
Forum Regular

The possibilities I see are:

1) A psychotic break (schizophrenia or some other psychotic mental disorder). Yes, he had no history of mental illness, but it can come on at any time.

2) Drug induced psychosis of some kind (whether it be an hallucinogen or an OD on something else).

3) A medical emergency. This could be a number of things from an aneurysm to undiagnosed diabetes to a concussion or even a stroke. Lots of possibilities.

None of the witnesses saw any signs of foul play and I think that can be ruled out. If he was in trouble, he had more than one opportunity to tell someone. Instead he just babbled incoherently and seemed to be hallucinating.
Thiussat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #5
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

I thought this case had no mystery.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:34 PM   #6
Jon
Forum Regular

Cases like this one freak me out the most. This one really gets to me because no one knows when a seemingly normal person will suddenly break mentally for an unknown reason. I Hate the idea that something like this can have an immediate onset on you or someone you know and there’s probably nothing anyone can do about it! I’m not sure how frequently this occurs though. It’s the possibility of it that is ****ing scary
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #7
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Cases like this one freak me out the most. This one really gets to me because no one knows when a seemingly normal person will suddenly break mentally for an unknown reason. I Hate the idea that something like this can have an immediate onset on you or someone you know and there’s probably nothing anyone can do about it! I’m not sure how frequently this occurs though. It’s the possibility of it that is ****ing scary
Who was the guy found in the parking lot with money all around him? Blair Adams. I've always thought he had a mental break and then that, coupled with perhaps propositioning the wrong person at the truck stop near the hotel he was found at were the root causes for his death.

As for Devin Williams.. First schizo episodes generally happen in the mid 20's.. He was a touch older than that, but.. Really seems to fit the profile.

You certainly can't rule out head injury or even something else, such as undiagnosed diabetes.. Though I don't think, based on his age and height/weight that particularly holds water.

Or.. I mean, at the end of the day.. Guy could have gotten ahold of LSD or PCP or something like that.

But.. I also don't believe there's any foul play whatsoever involved here.

EDIT - Oh, and since just bones were found.. Any of the above are likely to never be known for certain.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:17 PM   #8
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Who was the guy found in the parking lot with money all around him? Blair Adams. I've always thought he had a mental break and then that, coupled with perhaps propositioning the wrong person at the truck stop near the hotel he was found at were the root causes for his death.
I agree with you on Adams, but it's not a very popular opinion on this board.

Quote:
As for Devin Williams.. First schizo episodes generally happen in the mid 20's.. He was a touch older than that, but.. Really seems to fit the profile.
Yes, schizophrenia usually comes on in the early 20's for men and 25-35 for women. Though it can happen anytime from adolescence to late adulthood. 40% of schizophrenic men see the onset by the age of 19, while only 23% of women will see it in their teen years. Devon was 29 or 30 I believe, so it's very possible he had a late onset. Either that or some other health problem that causes psychotic symptoms.

Quote:
Or.. I mean, at the end of the day.. Guy could have gotten ahold of LSD or PCP or something like that.
Possible but doubtful he would be dropping acid while driving.
Thiussat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:08 AM   #9
XCalibur
Forum Regular

I dunno. A guy with no history of medical or mental issues suddenly flipping his lid is dubious at best.

The thing is, if I remember correctly, he called his wife and his employer on Saturday and sounded normal.

Then Sunday morning is when he was seen driving through the woods.

What if something traumatic happened that Saturday night, the night before he was seen in the woods? I would be interested to know where he stayed that night? Was it at a truck stop rest area? Sometimes unsavory things happened there. What if he witnessed something that traumatized him or did something? Could he have backed over someone in his truck accidentally? That would explain why he said to those witnesses he was going to jail. And something like that could definitely traumatize someone.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:42 AM   #10
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

We know more about what treating mental illness and how to spot low sugar problems than we did 25 years ago.

Nothing sinister happened.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #11
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Is it possible that he was diabetic and he was experiencing diabetic shock?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #12
sharonite
Frequent Poster

Williams having no history of medical/mental issues does not preclude one being there. Teenagers in their prime sometimes drop dead from undiagnosed heart ailments, for example. I don’t want to get political, but this is a country where many people go without routine preventive/diagnostic care.
sharonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #13
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonite View Post
I donít want to get political, but this is a country where many people go without routine preventive/diagnostic care.
Having a job where youíre on the road most of the time wouldnít help either
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:13 PM   #14
ctgrumpybear
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I have read thatís what his family think is what happens to him
ctgrumpybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:46 AM   #15
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I think that's very possible. He was already a big dude and the trucker lifestyle would tend to predispose people to Type II diabetes (eating bad food, not getting much exercise, irregular sleep, etc.). He could have been symptomatic but not realized it until it was too late.

I think it's equally likely he was taking speed and had a bad reaction or took too much. It was not uncommon for truckers (especially of that era) to take speed to try and stay awake to complete their deliveries and drive for longer hours. I don't know if this was discussed before, but he may have taken the wrong dose or had some that was laced with something else.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote