Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-23-2000, 12:29 AM   #1
Brett Ferino
Banned!!

Send a message via ICQ to Brett Ferino
Post Post your fave character!

Who's your fave character and why???
Brett Ferino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2000, 12:03 PM   #2
rjrane
Frequent Poster

Hank Kimball was my favorite.I loved his mixups and his style-so easily imitatable.

"Good morning-well,it's not a good morning.Not a bad morning,either,it's more of a...Guess who I met at the bank?No,it couldn't have been the bank.That's been closed for twenty years."

I still whistle Kimball's inane tune when I'm in the mood.
rjrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 04:33 AM   #3
jbgood
Occasional Poster

Mr. Haney was the best con man that ever lived. I wonder what he is up to these days?
jbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 07:02 PM   #4
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up

Lisa was my favorite charecter! Eva played the role to a tee and she was believable!
Pitooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 03:39 AM   #5
tdr

Eva Gabor played the role of Lisa and was "believable??"

The fact that all the characters in this show had crazy idiosyncrasies was what made it funny. Lisa didn't know the difference between a wrench and a screwdriver, she called Oliver from a New York restaurant to order for her, she packs a picnic basket with golden candleholders so there is no room for food... An entertaining characterization, like the rest of them, but hardly "believable."
tdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 01:24 PM   #6
goofy1
Occasional Poster

Wink

I agree with rjrane. I remember an episode where Hank stayed in his jeep all night because he couldn't figure out how to get his seatbelt off. He was such a marroon.
goofy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 03:29 PM   #7
Maverick

C'mon guys...EB is the key to the show!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 12:17 PM   #8
lostcastaway
Occasional Poster

Cool

Fred Ziffel is my kind of neighbor. Arnold could come over and watch T.V. at my house anytime as long as I am not having bacon & eggs for breakfast.
lostcastaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 08:54 PM   #9
NAN ELIZABETH
Frequent Poster

I was only eight years old and in the third grade when "GREEN ACRES" first debuted on CBS. Eva Gabor, who played Lisa Douglas on the show, was not only my very favorite character on the show, she was my very favorite actress and the idol of my youth. Although I didn't start watching "GREEN ACRES" until six months after it originally debuted on CBS, it still remains my favorite show of all time. I was just simply captured by Eva Gabor's beauty, charm, and glamour.

I have collected pictures of Eva Gabor from the time that she was doing the show up to when she was going out with Merv Griffin. Of all the pictures that I have of Eva Gabor, two of them are my personal favorites, which were taken when she was doing "GREEN ACRES". Although these are black and white pictures, she was photographed wearing this beautiful, but very sexy, lightly-colored print strapless gown, a medium-sized choker necklace, tiny droop earrings, and a beautiful satin stole, which was wrapped around her, just below her bare shoulders. Her beautiful blonde hair was styled so perfectly neat and chic, and she had that beautiful, bright, sunny, and very sexy smile. She was definitely one of the most beautiful and glamorous women in all of Hollywood, and she looked absolutely beautiful, glamorous, stunning, and very sexy, especially in that strapless gown. To me, she was a very glamourous sex symbol.

These two pictures appeared in the August, 1967 issue of "TV RADIO MIRROR", in which she was photographed standing next to her husband at the time, Richard Brown, and in the April, 1970 issude of "PHOTOPLAY", in which Mr. Blackwell named her one of the Ten Best Dressed Women of 1969.

This may sound crazy, but I look at these two pictures every time I listen to music, especially the Motown artists (Diana Ross and the Supremes, the Four Tops, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Temptations, Marvin Gaye, etc.) I have also combined on to one tape each my very favorite episodes of "GREEN ACRES" with these rock/pop music informercials, documentaries, movies, and specials.

When I heard the news of Eva Gabor's sudden illness and death back on July 4, 1995, I just couldn't believe it. Then in August of '97, my cable company added TV Land to it's lineup, which at the time was airing the reruns of "GREEN ACRES", and I just simply started crying on and off. I just couldn't accept the fact that she's now deceased, and I really miss her.

I plan to visit Eva Gabor's grave on my next visit out to Los Angeles. She's buried in Westwood Memorial Cemeter, where Dean Martin, Marilyn Monroe, and Natalie Wood are also buried. When I lay flowers at her gravesite, I'm going to tell her how much I truly and deeply miss her, that I idolized and admired her a lot, and that I'll see her again in the next life. No other actor of actress in Hollywood will ever take her place as my very favorite performer of all time.

Although Eva Gabor's gone, she's definitely not forgotten, especially by her biggest fan of all time. Wednesday marked the sixth anniversary of her death, and every July 4 since then, I pause for 74 seconds of silence (thats one second for each year that she lived on this earth) and then pray for the peace of her soul. I have the right to remember my very favorite actress and idol just as much as anybody else has the right to pay tribute to any other famous person whom they truly admired.

To me, EVA GABOR STILL LIVES!!!

[This message has been edited by NAN ELIZABETH (edited 07-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by NAN ELIZABETH (edited 07-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by NAN ELIZABETH (edited 07-10-2001).]
NAN ELIZABETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 03:28 PM   #10
yamahog
Occasional Poster

Hank Kimball.
yamahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 12:28 PM   #11
ConservativeBalla
R.I.P., Mr. Reagan.

Location: 704 Hauser Street, Queens, New York; having an eating contest with Meathead eating Edith's beef stew.

Hank Kimball!

Dorothy: Well, I would, but I'm not exactly sure what "fret none" is.
ConservativeBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #12
marvin g

Mr. Haney hands down! A con man you will sell you a run down house with no toilet or tub and then sell them to you as extras! HOW LOWDOWN!!
marvin g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 03:06 AM   #13
tesiay
Frequent Poster

Eb. When he appeared I knew I would be laughing. And he did everything with a straight face. At the start of one episode he was humming the theme song, looked at the camera and said (in Lisa's voice) "Dahling I love you but give me Park Avenue".
tesiay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #14
ConservativeBalla
R.I.P., Mr. Reagan.

Location: 704 Hauser Street, Queens, New York; having an eating contest with Meathead eating Edith's beef stew.

He did? DURING an episode?
ConservativeBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:52 PM   #15
marvin g

I never seen that but I could believe it. In one episode Lisa and Oliver were in bed and she woke up sat in bed and watch the opening credits! Hilarious stuff!
marvin g is offline   Reply With Quote