Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Default Eleanor the cow eating Eb's radio

This episode was just on today!! Very funny, but bizarre!!! Well anything in Hooterville is possible , but I really don't think a cow would eat a radio.

Eb got a new transistor radio for his birthday, Oliver was getting mad because Eb was listening to it all day and slacking at work. There was a contest on the radio to guess the name of the songs that were being played (It was always the same tune, though ) LOL Eb wanted to participate and try to win. Anyhow, the radio fell into the hay that Eleanor was eating and she ate the radio too!! So the music was actually still playing in her stomach!!!

This episode was funny , but it would NEVER hold up today !!! Animal activists would be all over this as abuse! They did take Eleanor to the vet, and he just said it will end up dissolving in her stomach!! WHAT!!!! This totally wouldn't be politically correct these days!!!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:57 AM   #2
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

It not being PC nowadays makes it all the more better to me. Pretty much nothing is acceptable anymore on TV except sex and violence...go figure.

Btw, this is one of my favorite episodes of the series!
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
It not being PC nowadays makes it all the more better to me. Pretty much nothing is acceptable anymore on TV except sex and violence...go figure.

Btw, this is one of my favorite episodes of the series!

I liked this ep too! I love Eleanor. I like the eps that feature her a lot. Did you see the one where Oliver wanted to have her mated? He found a very suitable stud bull but Eleanor wasn't thrilled with the choice. She actually fell for Mr. Haney's scrawny mangy bull instead, to the point where she broke out of the barn to "elope" with him!

Old 12-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniegirl62
I liked this ep too! I love Eleanor. I like the eps that feature her a lot. Did you see the one where Oliver wanted to have her mated? He found a very suitable stud bull but Eleanor wasn't thrilled with the choice. She actually fell for Mr. Haney's scrawny mangy bull instead, to the point where she broke out of the barn to "elope" with him!
I've seen all the episodes! I love them all except for the ones used as pilots (like the series finale) but even those aren't that bad. I wish seasons 4-6 would hurry up on DVD!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #5
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Eleanor eating the radio ep was on this morning!

OMG when Eb had Eleanor outside of the barn near the Douglas's bedroom window, dancing to her in the middle of the night! That was SO funny! And Oliver coming out yelling. What is going on? Get her back in the barn!!

Here is the picture from that scene, I had already posted it earlier in this thread, but here it is again!

Old 01-07-2015, 02:19 AM   #6
tiredmike59

I always watch Green Acres.
You ever notice the tractor he's riding in the opening is different from the one he owns? I remember reading something about Hank Patterson,the guy who played Fred Ziffel and that he was almost completely deaf during that show and they had to poke him in the foot with a stick when it was time for him to do his lines.
tiredmike59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmike59
I always watch Green Acres.
You ever notice the tractor he's riding in the opening is different from the one he owns? I remember reading something about Hank Patterson,the guy who played Fred Ziffel and that he was almost completely deaf during that show and they had to poke him in the foot with a stick when it was time for him to do his lines.

He was really OLD!! I just read his Wikipedia biography and he was born in 1888!!!!!!! So that made him in his late 70's- early 80's when he was on Green Acres right?
Old 01-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
tiredmike59

Yeah,he was pushing 80 during that show. If you pay attention right before he says his lines you will notice somewhat of a delay as if someone is letting him know it's time to talk.
tiredmike59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #9
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

This is interesting info about Fred Ziffel. He was always one of my favorite characters on the show. He and Doris (the first one) had great onscreen chemistry.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #10
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
This is interesting info about Fred Ziffel. He was always one of my favorite characters on the show. He and Doris (the first one) had great onscreen chemistry.

Oh I know!! I love the Ziffels! They really do seem like an old married farm couple!