Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Cosby Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Cosby Show Photo Gallery

The Cosby Show - Season 1

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 3

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 3 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 4

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 4 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 5

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 5 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 6

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 6 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 7 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 8 on DVD
The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons

Buy The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Fan Fiction > The Cosby Show - Fan Fiction

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-28-2002, 09:56 PM   #121
ZeldaGilroy
Dobie and Zelda Forever!!!

Chapter 64
“So?” Rudy asked as she walked out of the bridal shop’s dressing room. Vanessa looked up and looked in awe of her younger sister. “You look beautiful,” she said sincerely. Rudy smiled and looked in the mirror. “Are you sure?” she asked. “Maybe I should get something fancier. This one doesn’t have any lace or anything.” Vanessa stood next to her sister and admired the floor length white gown. It was form fitting and sleeveless, and looked like it was made for Rudy specifically. “It is perfect, Vanessa said smiling. “It doesn’t need lace…it is exactly the one you wanted.”

Rudy took a deep breath and looked in the mirror again. She couldn’t believe she was standing in a bridal shop trying on a wedding gown. The whole experience seemed almost unreal to her. “You really think it’s perfect?” she asked her sister again. Vanessa laughed, “Of course,” she replied. Rudy smiled with content.

The sales lady walked over to the two women. “That is a lovely dress,” She said cheerfully to Rudy. “Which one would you like to try on next?” Rudy smiled, “I think I’ll take this one,” she said. “It is the one I want.” The sales lady couldn’t believe her ears. No one ever tried on just one dress. “We have a lot of other wedding gowns you might like,” she suggested, but Rudy shook her head. “I want this one,” she said. The sales lady nodded, “Okay,” she said.

As they left the bridal shop, Rudy and Vanessa were both quiet. Finally Rudy turned to her sister, “Thanks,” she said, “For finding my dress.” Vanessa looked down, “You wanted that dress,” she said, “You couldn’t get married without it.” Rudy smiled, “I still appreciate it,” she said softly. Then she turned a little more serious, “Vanessa?” she asked, “Why did you decide to help me plan this entire wedding? I mean, you didn’t have to.”

Vanessa smiled at her younger sister. “You needed the help,” she said. “Besides, I was afraid that if I didn’t volunteer to help you…you and Kenny would stick to your original plan to get married at the courthouse. I couldn’t let you do that. You deserve your dream wedding.” Rudy looked seriously at her sister. “I’m sorry you didn’t get your dream wedding…the one with the twelve bridesmaids, the orchestra, and the lace gown. You deserved your dream wedding too.” Vanessa smiled at her sister and wiped a tear from her eye, “Thanks,” she said, “But I had my family…and I was marrying a man who loved me, and who I loved. That was more important than bridesmaids and wedding gowns.”

Rudy hugged her sister. “Well, thanks for helping to make my dream come true,” she said. “Maybe I won’t even make you wear an ugly purple dress.” Both sisters laughed as they headed to the car.
ZeldaGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 06:46 PM   #122
ZeldaGilroy

I just wanted to let you all know that since I have a long weekend, I am going to TRY to finish this story before I go back to work on Tuesday. TRY!!!

I hope people are still reading. No one has posted in a while. j/k

Anyway, I'll post later.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:12 PM   #123
#1 Yankee Fan
Frequent Poster

The story is great. Keep writing. I can't wait to read more of it.
#1 Yankee Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 09:37 PM   #124
letsgoreyes
Forum Regular

ahhhhhh this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!lol i love this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
letsgoreyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:11 PM   #125
ZeldaGilroy

Here's some more for you guys. Thanks for replying. And thanks for reading thegamebsc...it's nice to have a new reader!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 65
“I like this one,” Rudy said as she and Vanessa looked through the racks of bridesmaid dresses. “I don’t,” Vanessa said looking at the magenta gown covered in sequins. “I think we’re out of luck.” Rudy shrugged, “You’re the one who told me about this discount bridal shop…I could have been just as happy spending Mom and Dad’s money at the expensive boutique.” She laughed and Vanessa knew she was teasing. Rudy and Kenny had both decided to try to keep the wedding small and inexpensive. Even though her parents would have paid more, Rudy believed the cost wasn’t important. Her own dress had been expensive, but she planned to be frugal when it came to everything else.

“I really hope we don’t have to go back to that boutique,” Vanessa said seriously. “That sales lady was so shocked when you took the first dress you tried on. If we came back, she’d be sure you had changed your mind. She wouldn’t leave us alone.” Rudy laughed and nodded, continuing to look through the dresses. “Hey, what about this?” she smirked, holding up a lavender dress with a huge bow. Vanessa laughed, “Oh…Olivia would never forgive us for that.” Both sisters were laughing so hard they began to notice other customers staring at them.

“Can I help you find something?” A sales lady came up to them. She reminded them of the lady at the boutique and they looked at each other and smiled. “We’re shopping for a matron of honor and bridesmaid dress,” Rudy replied. The woman smiled, “How nice…and when is the special day.” Vanessa answered, “Three weeks…from today.” The sales lady looked surprised, “My,” she said, “You’re cutting it pretty close…aren’t you. I’ll see what I can do.” The woman sounded frustrated and Rudy looked at her sister and wanted to laugh again. Vanessa smiled, "I know I said we could plan everything in two weeks, but aren't you glad we decided on three?" “What are the wedding colors,” the woman asked. Rudy shrugged, “Well…there are none. We’re kind of going with whatever we find today.” “Okay…” the woman said.

“Now,” The sales lady began, “Which of you is the matron of honor, and which is the bridesmaid?” Vanessa answered, “Well, I’m the matron of honor,” she looked at her sister, “She’s the bride. The bridesmaid is our niece. She’s in Rhode Island.” The sales lady rolled her eyes, “Oh boy,” she said, “This will be work. Do you even know her size?” Rudy was frustrated with the woman’s attitude. “Yeah,” she said, “We do know her size…but I think we’ll handle this on our own. Go help some other customers…would you?” The woman looked insulted, but walked away.

“You are so rude,” Vanessa laughed. Rudy smiled, “Well…she deserved it.” The two continued to look through the dresses. “Do you even know your size?” Rudy asked her sister, imitating the sales lady’s sing-songy voice. Vanessa laughed out loud. “I found the perfect dress,” Rudy said seriously. She held up a soft pink gown. It was sleeveless and was similar in style to her wedding gown. “What do you think?” Rudy asked. Vanessa nodded, “No sequins…no big lavender bows…I think it’s the best one yet. I like it.”

They searched through the rack trying to find the dress in both sizes. It took a while, but finally they found both dresses. After paying for the dresses, they were again approached by the sales lady. “Oh…I see you found what you needed,” the woman said emotionless. Rudy smiled, “Yes,” she replied nicely, “And thank you so much for your help.” They walked out the door and burst into laughter. “She doesn’t know what to think of you,” Vanessa said out of breath. Rudy nodded, “I know,” she replied. Vanessa took a deep breath and turned to her sister. “I haven’t laughed this hard in ages,” she said. “Me either,” Rudy said honestly. Vanessa sighed, “I’m glad we decided to do this…I’ve missed having fun with you.”

Last edited by ZeldaGilroy; 09-03-2002 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:53 AM   #126
ZeldaGilroy

Yippee!!! The boards are back up! I have been writing this weekend, but I haven't been able to post.

Sorry...I didn't get finished. I know I said I'd try and I did try, but it just didn't happen.

Here is what I wrote this weekend!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 66
“Where have you been all day?” Elvin asked as his wife and children came through the door. “I’ve been home for about an hour.” Sondra sighed as she carried the shopping bags into the house. “We were at the mall,” she said. “All day.” Her tone indicated that she was frustrated by the shopping trip and Elvin wondered what had gone wrong. “Not the best trip to the mall…huh?” Elvin asked. Sondra rolled her eyes as she sat down.

“It would have been fine if Winnie hadn’t been so picky,” Nelson said as he started up the stairs with his new suit. He looked at his sister, “She ruined everything.” Winnie sat down near her mother and Elvin looked questioningly at her. “I didn’t do anything,” she said defensively. Sondra let out an aggravated sigh. “Okay,” Winnie replied, “Maybe I did take a while deciding which dress to buy. But I couldn’t get just anything…I have to look nice for Aunt Rudy’s wedding.” She took her dress and walked upstairs.

Elvin walked over and sat next to his wife. He put his arm around her and she leaned into him. He kissed her. “Sorry the day didn’t go like you planned,” he said sincerely. Sondra looked at him, “You wouldn’t believe it. Winnie tried on every dress in five stores, before deciding on the first one. Then, the mall was out of almost everything on Rudy and Kenny’s gift registry…and if it wasn’t sold out, someone had already bought it. I had to get them an ice cream maker…they’ll never use that. And finally, when it was time for lunch…our children had an actual fight over whether to eat Chinese or Mexican. Winnie slapped Nelson and then he refused to speak for the rest of the day.”

“Sounds like fun,” he replied sarcastically. Sondra shook her head, “I wanted to make this day special for them. Now I don’t ever want to think about it again.” Elvin laughed and kissed his wife. “So?” he asked, “Are you going back to work on Saturdays?” Sondra shook her head, “No,” she said, “They need me. We’re going to have fun together…if it kills us all.” They both laughed.

Chapter 67
Theo pulled up in front of Julia’s house. He walked to the door, but before he could ring the bell, Julia opened the door. “I’ve been waiting for you,” she said with a smile. “How did things go with Kenny?” Theo kissed his girlfriend. He walked into the house and the couple sat down. “It was interesting,” he said.

Julia looked questioningly. Theo continued. “Well, Kenny’s friend Peter is the best man. Well, he couldn’t come with us because he is living in Detroit…but he will be here for the wedding. Anyway, we had to go to a chain store…so Peter could go to the same store in Detroit.” He paused and continued with a chuckle, “Kenny had Peter on his cell phone. We were looking for plain black tuxedos…and these two couldn’t agree on anything. It took forever…but finally we all have matching tuxedoes. They’ll be ready next Friday.”

Julia laughed. “You poor thing,” she said teasingly. “It sounds like you had a tough day.” She leaned close to him the couple kissed. “I’m glad to be here with you,” Theo said honestly. He looked at her and sighed. “You know, I can’t believe Rudy and Kenny are getting married.” Julia was confused, “Why?” she asked. Theo leaned back on the couch and shook his head. “Rudy is my little sister. I just never thought of her as someone’s wife…especially Kenny’s.” he laughed a little. ‘Why?” Julia asked, “What’s wrong with Kenny?”

“Nothing’s wrong with Kenny,” Theo answered. “It’s just you don’t know these two like I do. They’ve been friends forever, but they fought all the time. I just never pictured them in love.” Julia smiled, “People change,” she replied. “It takes some people a long time to realize their true feelings for one another.” Theo nodded, “And some people fall in love right from the start,” he said looking into her eyes. “Yeah…some people do,” Julia said softly. The couple leaned into one another and kissed passionately.

Chapter 68
Olivia, Anissa and Denise walked into the house. “That movie was so funny,” Olivia said. “I’m glad you talked me into it.” Denise put her arm around her stepdaughter, “Well, I’m glad you decided to come,” she said. Martin walked into the kitchen and kissed his wife. “I’m glad you’re back,” he said, “How was the movie?” Anissa laughed, “It was so good…you should have come.” Martin kissed his daughter on the cheek, “Maybe next time,” he said.

“Well, I should get back to that book,” Olivia said heading toward her bedroom. “Oh, Olivia,” Martin stopped her, “Vanessa called. She said to tell you that she and Rudy went shopping for the wedding today, and they found the perfect dresses.” Olivia looked curiously at her father, “Did she say what my dress is like?” Martin nodded, “Uhm…she said something about lavender lace with a big bow at the waist. I think she mentioned glittery sequins.” Olivia looked disgusted, “WHAT?” she asked angrily. “Oh no,” she turned to Denise, “What is wrong with Vanessa? How could she pick something like that? That woman has no taste. I’m going to be humiliated in front of everyone.” Martin started laughing. “She said you’d react like that.” Olivia looked confused, “What?”

“She just told me to tell you that,” Martin said teasingly. “She said the dress is really a soft pink silk…very nice. She said you’d like it.” Olivia breathed a sigh of relief, but Denise and Anissa were laughing. Olivia turned to her stepmother, “Do you think I can trust her?” she asked, “Or will the dress end up being hideous?” Denise smiled, “Trust her,” she said. Martin hugged his daughter, “Besides,” he said, “My daughter would look beautiful in anything.”

Chapter 69
“Mommy,” Tavian shouted as he ran through the door, “I didn’t know if you would be home yet.” Tavian sat on his mother’s lap and Talia and Dabnis came in the front door. “I just got home a little while ago,” Vanessa said. “How was your day with Dad?” “Boring,” Talia replied. Vanessa laughed. “She’s not the maintenance type,” Dabnis said teasingly. “Well I had fun,” Tavian said happily. “Daddy let me help him a lot.”

“Where is Aunt Rudy?” Talia asked her mother. Vanessa smiled, “She is upstairs,” she said. “Did she get a wedding dress?” Talia asked excitedly. Vanessa nodded. “Oh, I can’t wait to see it.” She ran upstairs. Tavian ran up after her. Dabnis sat down in the chair. “Thanks for keeping them today,” Vanessa said to her husband. Dabnis laughed, “No problem,” he said, “But I doubt Talia will ever want to go to work with me again.” Vanessa laughed, “She was pretty bored, huh?” Dabnis nodded.

“So, did you and Rudy have fun today?” Dabnis asked. Vanessa smiled, “We had a lot of fun,” she replied. “I’d forgotten how much I like hanging out with her.” Vanessa yawned, and laid back on the couch, “I also forgot how tiring planning a wedding can be. Thank goodness Mom will be here tomorrow to help us. We only have a few weeks.” Talia and Tavian came down the stairs, “Aunt Rudy is going to model her wedding dress for us,” Talia said cheerfully.

Rudy walked down the stairs. “You look so pretty,” Tavian said. “Thanks sweetie,” Rudy said happily. “Wow,” Dabnis said at the sight of his sister-in-law. “Kenny will feel pretty lucky when he sees you in that dress.” “Do you think so?” Rudy asked. “I know so,” Dabnis replied. “I told you that dress was perfect,” Vanessa said to her sister. Rudy smiled happily, “I can’t believe all of this,” she said. “I’m really getting married.” “Yes you are,” Vanessa replied, ‘And you are going to be the most beautiful bride ever.”

“Hey Mom,” Talia asked, “Where’s your matron of honor dress?” Vanessa looked at her daughter, “Upstairs,” she answered. “Put it on,” Talia said quickly, “I want to see it. Did Aunt Rudy pick out something ugly to get even with you for making her wear that icky purple dress?” Talia laughed. “No,” Vanessa sighed, “It is a very nice dress. But I don’t feel like going up and putting it on now. I have to make dinner. Maybe later.”

“Come on Tal,” Rudy said. “I’ll go change and then I’ll show you your mom’s dress.” Talia and Tavian followed their aunt upstairs. Vanessa went into the kitchen to make dinner and Dabnis followed her. “Talia has wedding fever,” he laughed. Vanessa laughed, “I hate to think what that girl’s wedding will cost us someday.”

Chapter 70
“I can’t believe our baby is getting married,” Clair said as she and Cliff drove. They were headed to Vanessa’s house to finalize Rudy’s wedding plans. Cliff laughed, “You’ve said that about fifty times now,” he teased. Clair smiled, “Okay,” she said, “You’re right…but I still can’t believe it. It makes me feel so old. She’s my baby.” Cliff looked at his wife, “She’s my baby too you know,” he said turning a little sad. “And I can’t say I’m thrilled about giving her away.”

Clair suddenly realized that this wedding was going to be hard for Cliff. He and Rudy had always been close, and she was the youngest. He felt like he was losing his little girl. “At least we’re giving her to Kenny,” Clair said thoughtfully. “He is such a sweet young man. He turned out so much better than I expected…after all that chauvinist garbage his brother was always filling his head with…” Cliff laughed, “Yeah, you’re right. Kenny is okay.”

“I’m glad Rudy chose him,” Clair said softly. “I can’t believe she almost ended up with that overly possessive jerk…Terrell. What really scares me, is that I didn’t see through him. She dated him for almost a year, and I liked him. I couldn’t see through his phoniness.” Cliff nodded. It scared him to think about what Rudy’s life would have been like with a man like that. “I guess we’re lucky good old Kenny showed up when he did,” Cliff replied. He knew that although he couldn’t protect Rudy forever, Kenny would. The young man had proven that much to him. He had earned his respect.

“Rudy told me on the phone last night that she loves her wedding dress,” Clair said excitedly. “I can’t wait to see it. And Theo called and said the guys all have their tuxes picked out. Things are really coming together.” Cliff laughed, “A few seconds ago, you were near tears at the thought of this wedding…now you’re beaming with joy.” “I know,” Clair responded, “I am full of every emotion imaginable.” Cliff continued to stare at the road, but he nodded in agreement, “Me too,” he said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to go to work now. I'll post more later after I have time to write!
Old 09-03-2002, 05:55 PM   #127
#1 Yankee Fan
Frequent Poster

Great Story. Keep it coming. Can't wait to read more of the wedding. What about her leaving for Paris?
Old 09-04-2002, 08:20 PM   #128
ZeldaGilroy

Here is a little more. Sorry it's not much!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter71
“They're here,” Talia shouted as she stared for her grandparents out the window. She rushed out the front door and met them at the car. A few moments later, Cliff and Clair entered the house with Talia. “You have to see Aunt Rudy’s dress,” Talia was filling them in on all the wedding preparations. “It is so pretty.”

“Mom…Dad,” Rudy said happily when she saw them. She hugged them and they sat in the living room with her. “So?” Clair asked curiously, “How are the plans coming along?” Rudy smiled and filled them in on all of their adventures shopping for wedding clothes. “I thought we would never find the right dresses for Olivia and Vanessa,” Rudy laughed, “But it worked out.” Clair smiled, “Well you’ll be happy to know that Theo told me the men all have their tuxes picked out.” Rudy smiled, “I know,’ she said, “Kenny called me last night.”

“Where is everybody else?” Cliff asked, noticing that Talia and Rudy were the only people to welcome them since their arrival. “They ran to the store,” Rudy replied. “They should be back soon.” Pretty soon they heard the back door open, and Vanessa, Dabnis, and Tavian appeared. Tavian ran to his grandfather. “There’s my little Heathcliff,” Cliff said proudly as he picked up the child.

“Well, now that everyone is here,” Clair began, “I am anxious to get started.” Rudy nodded in agreement. Clair brought out some sample books to share with everyone. “A friend of mine says she can do the flowers,” She said eagerly, “but on such short notice, she says you have to make your decision today so I can let her know tomorrow.” Rudy nodded and looked through the book. “These are nice,” Rudy said, “Or these.” She turned to her family. “What do you think?”

“I like these,” Cliff said, pointing to some yellow flowers. Rudy laughed, “I’m looking for pink and white,” she said with a chuckle. Cliff smirked, “Sorry,” he said, “I guess I can pay for this wedding…just not have an opinion about planning it.” Rudy hugged her father, “I didn’t mean that, Dad,” she said. “Of course you can have a say in it.”

Cliff laughed and kissed his daughter. “Actually,” he said, “I’d just as soon leave it all up to you.” He turned to his son-in-law. “Maybe the kids would like to go to the park or something?” He suggested to Dabnis. “Then the ladies could get to work.” Dabnis nodded, “Sounds like a good idea to me,” he replied. “Yes!” Tavian shouted, “ I want to go to the park with Grandpa and Daddy.”

“Can I stay here?” Talia asked. She was really excited about the wedding plans and didn’t want to miss out. “Sure,” Rudy smiled, “We can always use your help.” Talia was thrilled to be included. “You’re sure you don’t want to help?” Clair asked her husband. He bent down and kissed her, “I trust your judgment,” he said.

Cliff, Dabnis, and Tavian headed to the park. Before long the decision had been made about the flowers. Then they moved on to the wedding cake, which took a while longer, but Rudy finally made a decision. As they sat talking and laughing, Rudy suddenly felt more sad than happy. She realized that in a couple months, she and Kenny would be living in Paris. She didn’t know how long it would be before she would share such special moments with her family again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 05:06 PM   #129
letsgoreyes
Forum Regular

this is still great!!!!!!!!!! i love this!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 12:20 AM   #130
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
Originally posted by thegamebsc
this is still great!!!!!!!!!! i love this!!!!!!!!!
I am glad you are liking this and still reading. I can't post tonight because I have had no time to write, but I will post more tomorrow.

How nice is it to have our own Cosby Show fanfic board???? Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 07:38 PM   #131
ZeldaGilroy

Sorry I didn't post more before now. Oh well, no one has responded in a while anyway, so maybe no one noticed I haven't posted. Here's more if anyone is reading!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 72
Rudy pulled up in front of her apartment. Although she had enjoyed her weekend at her sister’s house, she was ready to be home. They had completed all of the wedding plans, and Clair was going to make all of the final preparations when she got home. In three weeks, Rudy and Kenny would be married, but for now Rudy couldn’t think of anything but sleeping in her own bed.

She walked inside and without even flipping on the lights, walked straight to her bedroom. It was dark, and as she undressed all she could see was the shadow of the street lamp outside. She slid under the covers and closed her eyes. She was too tired to even think about the wedding, or the move to Paris. She just drifted off to sleep.

Just moments later, she was jerked awake by the ringing telephone. She opened her eyes and looked at the phone. Then she picked it up, “Hello,” she said groggily into the phone. Kenny’s voice sounded cheerful on the other end. “Hey,” he said, “I guess you made it home okay?” Rudy smiled at the sound of his voice, but yawned into the phone.

“Did I wake you up?” Kenny asked. Rudy replied, “Yeah,” she said, “but that’s okay. I like hearing your voice. Are you home?” Kenny answered, “Yes, I made it back this afternoon. How was the wedding planning?” Rudy filled him in on all of the details. “Sounds like you had a lot of fun.” He said. “Sorry I missed it.” Rudy agreed, “Yeah, it would have been better with you there. Too bad you had to get the tuxedoes and things. But I think you’ll like everything.” Kenny laughed, “I’m sure I will.”

“Kenny,” Rudy turned serious, “Have you thought much about Paris?” Kenny was confused. He and Rudy had talked about Paris. He knew how important the job was to her, and he had agreed to move there with her. Although he was scared about making such a big change, he looked forward to experiencing this adventure with Rudy. “What do you mean?” he asked. Rudy was silent for a moment, and then she spoke softly. “I don’t know if I want to go,’ she said. Kenny was surprised, “What do you mean?” he asked.

“I mean…it is so far away. I don’t know if I can stand being away from my family like that.” Rudy’s voice revealed her pain. “Is a job worth giving up the important people in my life?” Kenny wasn’t sure if Rudy was just nervous, or if she truly wanted to stay. He didn’t want to say anything to keep her from her true wish. “I don’t know,” he said. “I’ll do whatever you want. We can go…or we can stay. I don’t care, as long as we’re together.”
Old 09-08-2002, 09:42 PM   #132
#1 Yankee Fan
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up

I am still reading the story. Can't wait to see if they go to Paris or not. The story is still good.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:18 PM   #133
letsgoreyes
Forum Regular

i'm still reading. This is still great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for writing
Old 09-11-2002, 08:37 PM   #134
ZeldaGilroy

Here is a little more. Sorry it's not much, but I am really sick...this was all I felt up to writing. I'll try to post more soon. Maybe this weekend if I have time I can finish. I know this is dragging on...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 73
Kenny hung up the phone. He and Rudy had not made a decision about Paris, but he had a feeling she really didn’t want to go. He had never been thrilled about the idea either, but he was willing for her. It was a fantastic opportunity for Rudy, and he hated to see her give it up. Still, he had enjoyed his past few days with the Huxtable clan, and looked forward to being a part of their family. He could see why Rudy would dread leaving.

He thought about calling her parents, to ask them what they thought. Should he insist that they go, or agree that they should stay? They would know what was best for Rudy, and that was all Kenny really wanted. But before he even picked up the phone, he stopped himself. If Rudy was going to be his wife, he couldn’t rely on the Huxtables to make important decisions for them. He and Rudy would have to figure out what was best for them.

Kenny’s roommate was out for the night, probably with some girl, so he had the apartment to himself. He turned on the TV and sat staring mindlessly at the screen. He couldn’t focus on a program because he was too busy thinking about the decision he had to make. Finally he decided to just go to bed.

He lay down in bed and thought about the life he and Rudy would have together…their wedding, their children, growing old in each other’s arms. He thought about their friendship, and how they had been destined to be together from the first moment she called him “Bud.” He laughed a little thinking about it.

He really felt like Rudy wanted to give up Paris, for a life with her family. He had always trusted his instincts when it came to Rudy, and he didn’t feel right keeping her form what she really wanted. He couldn’t force her to go to Paris, especially when he would rather stay as well. He thought that maybe he should agree with her, and not go to Paris. The thoughts of going and staying were bouncing in and out of his head as he fell asleep.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #135
ZeldaGilroy

I forgot to thank all of you for replying...especially #1 Yankee Fan...it is nice to have someone new respond.

Thanks everybody for being loyal readers.