Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Cosby Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Cosby Show Photo Gallery

The Cosby Show - Season 1

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 3

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 3 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 4

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 4 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 5

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 5 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 6

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 6 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 7 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 8 on DVD
The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons

Buy The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Fan Fiction > The Cosby Show - Fan Fiction

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-27-2002, 03:47 AM   #61
BonniesLilCutiePie
Ivy Winthrop Crane

Send a message via ICQ to BonniesLilCutiePie Send a message via AIM to BonniesLilCutiePie Send a message via Yahoo to BonniesLilCutiePie

Awesome!
Old 07-27-2002, 03:24 PM   #62
ZeldaGilroy
Dobie and Zelda Forever!!!

Chapter 38
Rudy walked into the kitchen. The rest of the family was finishing dinner, but she wasn’t very hungry. She wanted to call Terrell…she wanted to get it over with. She picked up the phone and dialed it slowly. She could hear the rest of the family making small talk in the other room. They knew she was calling Terrell, and they were trying to avoid the situation. The phone rang, but no one answered. She knew Terrell was probably avoiding her. Finally, she heard the click of the answering machine. “This is Terrell,” the recording echoed in her ear. “Leave me a message and I’ll get back with you.” Then she heard the familiar beep of the machine.

“Terrell,” she said softly. “This is Rudy. I wanted to say I’m sorry.” She felt tears well up in her eyes and her throat felt sore as she tried not to cry. “I just wanted to say I’m sorry. I thought I was in love with you…part of me still loves you. But I know that we can’t get married.” Before she could continue, Terrell picked up the phone. “Why are you calling then?” he asked angrily. “I think you’ve made your point.”

Rudy was shocked to hear his voice, and it took a few seconds before she could respond. “Terrell,” she said slowly, “I can’t say anything except that I am sorry. I should never have accepted your marriage proposal. I was wrong.” Terrell had always been afraid of losing Rudy, and now he had. He had been jealous and angry, and he had lost her. “I understand,” he said calmly. “If you don’t love me…we can’t be together.” Rudy wiped the tears from her eyes. She knew that Terrell had been too jealous…that he hadn’t trusted her, but a part of her still loved him and wanted him to be okay. “I have your ring,” she said. “I’ll send it to you.” Terrell remembered the day he had given her that ring. It looked beautiful on her and he couldn’t imagine anyone else wearing it. “Keep it,” he said. Then he hung up the phone.

Rudy hung up the telephone. Then she picked it up again and prepared to call Kenny. She stood alone in the kitchen. She could still hear her family in the dining room. The kids were laughing and the adults were talking softly. They had encouraged her to call Kenny…to tell him how she felt, but now after talking to Terrell, she didn’t know if she could. She had hurt Terrell, and she was afraid of hurting Kenny the same way someday. She couldn’t bear the thought of that…she loved him too much. Slowly, she hung up the telephone. Then she walked upstairs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will post more as soon as I can! Thanks for the nice replies!
ZeldaGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 04:59 PM   #63
ZeldaGilroy

Here is some more. I'm sorry I haven't been posting very much...I'm not losing the spirit...I'm just BUSY!!! It takes so long for me to finish a fanfic once I start it. That's why I don't write them very often. LOL!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 39
Elvin opened the front door. He didn’t know how he was going to explain what he had done, but he knew he had to. Sondra looked up from the couch as her husband walked in. She looked at her watch, and back at Elvin. “It’s only 7:30,” she said questioningly. “I thought you were at the hospital?” Elvin sat next to her on the couch. “I got Dr. Keller to cover for me,” he said. Sondra nodded. She figured he was still upset about Tim, and needed the time alone.

“So,” she said, “Are we going to get through this?” Elvin looked at his wife. He knew she felt guilty for all that they had been through. “We’re fine,” he said sincerely. “I love you Sondra…and I know this was not your fault. I believe you.” He pulled her close to him and she leaned her head on his shoulder. “What are we going to do?” Sondra asked him nervously. “Tim won’t leave me alone…I’ll be out of a job…”

“Don’t worry about it,” Elvin said calmly. “Trust me, Tim will leave you alone.” Sondra looked at him confused. ‘How do you know that?” she asked. Elvin held her close. “I took care of things,” he said. “Tim will not bother you anymore.” Sondra was concerned by Elvin’s mysteriousness. “What did you do?” she asked a bit worried.

“I let him know that you are my wife…and I trust you.” Elvin replied. “I also let him know that harassing female employees could get him into a lot of trouble.” Sondra couldn’t believe what Elvin had done. “You threatened him?” she asked. Elvin looked at her and smiled. “I just let him know what could happen if he didn’t back off. Then I talked to his father and he told me what a valued employee you are. He said you could take off as much time as you need to be with your family…and you are off of Mr. Lowell’s case.”

“I don’t believe you,” Sondra said. “You really talked to Mr. Reynolds? What did you say?” Elvin kissed her gently. “Don’t worry about it,” he said. “I took care of everything…now we are free of that jerk Tim…for good!”

Chapter 40
“I need to talk to Dabnis Brickey…room 102,” Vanessa said into the phone. She was sitting on her parents’ bed. Most of the family had gathered in the living room to watch a movie, but she needed to make this call. She needed to tell him that she loved him…that she wanted to work things out. She had told Rudy not to give up on love, and she didn’t want to give up either. “I’m sorry,” a voice replied into the phone. “No one is answering in room 102. Would you like to leave a message?”

Vanessa sighed. She did not know what to say in a message. “Can you tell him that his wife called?” she said to the desk clerk. “Tell him I need to talk to him and I’ll call him when I get home.” The desk clerk replied with a cheery voice, “Okay…I’ll see he gets the message.” Vanessa hung up the phone.

She walked down the hall to Rudy’s room and pushed the door open. Rudy was sitting at the desk. She was looking at one of her bridal magazines and her eyes were red and swollen. “Hey,” Rudy said looking up at her sister. “I thought everyone was watching a movie?” Vanessa pulled a chair over to the desk. “I had to make a call,” she said. “Then I thought maybe I’d just hang out with you.”

Rudy smiled. She sniffled a little and held up the magazine. “This is the dress I wanted,” she said. “I know it is pretty simple…but I love it.” She put the magazine down and sighed. “You would look beautiful in that dress,” Vanessa said. “I’m sure you’ll get to wear it some day.” Rudy shrugged, “Maybe…but it won’t be my dream wedding. Terrell and I had everything planned…the music...the flowers…the reception. I know I said I wanted everyone to come here to make wedding plans, but really it was just to finalize things. I had already pictured everything in my head. It was everything I always wanted, and now I can’t have it. I can’t marry someone else and hold on to the dreams I had with Terrell.”

Vanessa looked at her younger sister. “You’re right…but you’ll have new dreams with someone else,” she said. “You know, when I was a kid, I had my whole wedding planned out. I wanted a long lace wedding gown, and twelve bridesmaids in lavender dresses. I wanted to get married in the biggest, most beautiful church. I couldn’t imagine getting married without all of that. And do you remember my wedding?” Rudy laughed a little. “Yeah,” she said. “It wasn’t exactly that glamorous ordeal.” Vanessa smiled. “But it was still my wedding day…and I will always cherish the memory of it. So what if my dress was so tight I could barely breathe…and I got married in the living room… and I had one bridesmaid instead of twelve. It was still a great day.”

“And I made a beautiful bridesmaid,” Rudy laughed. Vanessa smiled. “I did get you to wear a lavender dress.” Rudy nodded, “ An ugly lavender dress,” she teased. Vanessa laughed with her sister. “It wasn’t ugly,” she said. Then she turned serious. “Did you call Kenny?” she asked.

Rudy shook her head. “I couldn’t do it,” she said. “I can’t risk hurting him like I hurt Terrell.” Vanessa put her hand on her sister’s shoulder. “You didn’t mean to hurt Terrell…and you can’t blame yourself. This was his fault too.” Rudy shrugged. Vanessa looked at her sister and continued. “Don’t give up on Kenny,” she said. “You love him…maybe you didn’t realize that before today…but you know it now. Tell him how you feel.”

“Did Dabnis really leave you?” Rudy asked her sister. She wasn’t really trying to change the subject…it had just been on her mind. Vanessa nodded, “Yeah,” she replied. “How did you know?” Rudy responded, “Huxtable grapevine…” Vanessa smiled slightly. Rudy continued. “How can you sit there and tell me not to give up on love?”

“Because I haven’t given up,” Vanessa said honestly. “I did at first. Then I realized that I love my husband…and he loves me too. He loved me enough to leave and let me figure out what I wanted out of life. Now I know what I want. I want to go back to school, and make my life better…and I want Dabnis by my side while I do it. Rudy, Kenny loves you…a lot. He loves you enough to let you be your own person. He was going to stand by and watch you marry Terrell because he thought Terrell made you happy…even though watching the two of you together was breaking his heart.”

“You’re right,” Rudy said. “Kenny does love me. I’m hurting him more by not telling him how I feel.” Vanessa nodded. “You need to call him,” she said. Rudy smiled. “I am going to call him,” she said. She started to walk out of the room, then she turned and looked at her older sister. “Oh…Vanessa,” she said. “If Kenny and I ever get married…I expect you to walk down the aisle in an even uglier lavender dress. It’s only fair.” They both laughed.

Last edited by ZeldaGilroy; 07-27-2002 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 08:32 PM   #64
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
Originally posted by gbscott1954
I think you are a great story writer! Take all the time you need!
Thanks for your kind words! I am really glad you enjoy my writing. Here is some more!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 40
Theo pulled up in front of Julia’s house. It was still early, and they had gone to dinner but decided to skip the movie they had planned to see. Theo really wanted to call over to his parents’ house and check on Rudy. “I had a really nice time,” Julia said as she opened the car door. Theo opened his door as well and the two began to walk to her front door. “I had fun too,” he said. “If I had known what a good time we’d have together, I would have asked you out a long time ago.”

Julia laughed. “I wish you would have,” she said. “To be honest, I’ve sort of been hoping you would ask me out all year.” Theo was surprised. He had no idea how Julia felt about him. He had always thought she was pretty and nice, but he didn’t know she was interested in him. “Why didn’t you say something?” he asked curiously.

“I didn’t want to seem pushy,” Julia smiled. “I didn’t really know if you would be interested.” Theo leaned close to her, and gently kissed her lips. “I wish you had said something,” he said smiling. “We’ve wasted a lot of time.” Julia pulled him closer and kissed him. “I take you are interested, then?” she asked playfully. Theo laughed. “Very interested,” he replied.

Theo hated to leave, but he knew it was getting late and he wanted to call and check on Rudy. “Julia, I have to go,” he said. Julia nodded. “I know,” she said. She kissed him again. Theo looked at her and knew he wanted to spend more time with her. “Would you like to come with me to my parents’ house tomorrow?” he asked suddenly. “I promised to go by in the morning and say good-bye to my sisters. I’d like everyone to meet you.”

Julia smiled. She had never had a real family, and listening to Theo tell stories about his had been a pleasure for her. “I would love to meet them,” she said. “If you don’t think it would be an imposition.” Theo shook his head. “They would love to meet you…especially Denise. She is always on my case about dating.” Julia laughed. “As much as you’ve told me about everyone, I feel like I already know them.” Theo smiled happily. ‘Well,” he said. “Tomorrow, you will.”
Old 07-28-2002, 06:05 PM   #65
ZeldaGilroy

Chapter 41
Rudy and Vanessa had both joined the family in the living room. The movie was almost over by now. Rudy had tried to call Kenny, but his brother had said Kenny was out. She knew he was angry with her, and she figured Kenny’s brother wouldn’t give him a message, so she gave up. The movie ended, and everyone was tired. Tavian was sleeping on Cliff’s lap, and Cliff picked him up to carry him upstairs. “I’m going to bed too,” Talia said following her grandfather upstairs. Anissa agreed and went upstairs as well.

“Well, I guess I’ll go read a magazine or something,” Olivia said. She wasn’t going to go to bed when the little kids did, but she was bored and reading was all she could think of. She walked up to her room. Martin yawned, “I think I am as tired as the kids.” He looked at Denise. ‘Are you ready to head up to bed?” Denise stood up and stretched a little. “Okay,” she said.

As Martin and Denise began to head upstairs, there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it,” Denise said quickly. She opened the door, and was surprised to see Kenny standing there. “Kenny?” she asked. “What are you doing here?” Kenny walked in and looked at the family. “I came to see Rudy,” he said.

“Well, we were all just heading to bed,” Vanessa said standing up from the couch. “We’ll leave you two alone.” She looked at Rudy and smiled, but Rudy stood motionless. Clair followed as Martin, Denise, and Vanessa went upstairs.

Kenny sat on the couch, and Rudy sat next to him. Neither one spoke for a while. They just looked at each other nervously. “I tried to call you earlier,” Rudy said in a near whisper. Kenny smiled slightly. “I was out,” he said. “I was thinking some things over.” He looked curiously at her. “Why did you try to call?” he asked.

“I wanted to tell you how I feel,” Rudy said. Kenny was afraid of what Rudy would say, but he had to know once and for all. “How do you feel?” he asked. Rudy spoke softly. “I’m confused,” she said. “I know Terrell is not the man for me…I told him so. But Kenny, what if you and I are not really in love either? What if we are mistaking our deep friendship for love? What if it doesn’t work out?”

“I love you Rudy,” Kenny said sincerely. “I have no doubts…but if you do, I understand.” He leaned over and pressed his lips into hers. The couple kissed passionately. Rudy pulled away slowly, and looked into Kenny’s eyes. “I love you too,” she said. “I don’t have any doubts.”
Old 07-29-2002, 04:32 PM   #66
Jballon19
Frequent Poster

You keep me reading..You have the gift.

Last edited by Jballon19; 07-29-2002 at 04:33 PM.
Jballon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:10 PM   #67
BonniesLilCutiePie
Ivy Winthrop Crane

Send a message via ICQ to BonniesLilCutiePie Send a message via AIM to BonniesLilCutiePie Send a message via Yahoo to BonniesLilCutiePie

This is so fantastic! I can't wait to read more! You are the best writer!
BonniesLilCutiePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:16 PM   #68
ZeldaGilroy

You are all so nice!!! Thank you so much for all of your compliments and encouragement. I am so glad you like my writing. I am working very hard on this story...hopefully I will finish it soon, but I can't promise anything. I tend to keep my stories going on quite a while...maybe because I get attatched to the characters and writing for them. LOL!

Anyway, here is a little more. I'll post more later!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 42
Rudy was staring into Kenny’s eyes. Kenny smiled at her. “What do you think we should do about this?” he asked. Rudy looked confused. “What do you mean?” she asked. Kenny laughed. “I mean…we are in love. We know that much, now what are we going to do about it?”

Rudy shook her head. “I don’t know where you are going with this Kenny,” she said. “I do love you…and I know you love me. But we can’t rush into anything.” Kenny sighed. “I love you Rudy,” he said. “I want to marry you.” Rudy moved away from Kenny and sat on the other side of the couch. She did love him, but she thought rushing into a marriage was a mistake. She did not want to hurt him, but she had to be honest. “Kenny,” she said. “I can’t marry you right now. We haven’t even had an official date,” she laughed nervously. “We need to get to know each other as a couple…before we become husband and wife.”

Kenny laughed. “I know that,” he said. “I didn’t mean we should elope tonight. I just thought you should know that marriage is my ultimate goal…I want to know if you feel the same way?” Rudy smiled. “I think I do,” she said. “I know I want to be with you.” Kenny leaned over and kissed her. “That is good enough for me,” he said.

“I think you should go now,” Rudy said in response to his kiss. It was getting late, and she needed time to think. “Okay,” Kenny laughed. “I’ll go…but first I need to ask you something.” Rudy looked questioningly at him. Kenny cleared his throat. “It’s about Paris,” he began slowly. Rudy tensed up. Her move to Paris had caused major problems in her relationship with Terrell, and now she feared Kenny would be just as adamant on her giving up the job and staying with him.

Kenny looked worried. “When you leave…” he said softly, “and I stay here…do you promise not to fall in love with anyone else?” Rudy smiled. “I was sure you were going to ask me not to go,” she said. She put her arms around him and he held her close. Rudy wiped a tear from her eyes. “ I don’t know how I could ever fall in love with anyone else.”

Last edited by ZeldaGilroy; 07-30-2002 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:17 PM   #69
ZeldaGilroy

Chapter 43
Rudy opened the bedroom door. Kenny had just left, and as she watched him leave, she knew that they belonged together. He hadn’t tried to keep her from her dream…and he loved her. Olivia was lying in bed. Her eyes were closed and Rudy thought she was asleep so she tried to sneak in quietly. But as soon as Rudy sat down, Olivia sat up in bed. “So?” Olivia asked her step-aunt.

Rudy laughed, “So…what?” She asked, knowing that Olivia was fishing for information. “Don’t pull that with me,” Olivia said coming out from under the covers and sitting next to Rudy. “You know what I mean. How did it go with Kenny?” Before Rudy could answer there was a soft knock at the door. “Come in,” Rudy said softly.

Vanessa and Denise pushed the door open. Rudy laughed. “What are you two doing?” she asked teasingly. She knew her sisters were curious about the situation with Kenny. Vanessa smiled. “We heard you come upstairs,” she said. Denise laughed. “Yes, and we had to know what happened. So tell us!” Rudy smirked. She had never had so many people interested in her life before. It was kind of nice to get so much attention, and she was nearly bursting with excitement.

“Kenny loves me…and I told him I love him too,” Rudy said happily. “Finally!” Olivia shouted in excitement. “So when is the wedding?” Denise laughed. “Calm down Olivia,” she said. “You don’t know that there is going to be a wedding.” Rudy smiled, “Actually,” she began, “Kenny and I do plan to get married eventually. But for now, we are going to date and have a good time together. We are holding off on the wedding plans.”

“That sounds like a smart idea,” Vanessa replied. “You’ll know when the time is right.” Olivia looked annoyed. “I think you are making a mistake,” she said. “When you move to Paris, Kenny will be lonely. You know how men are…if you’re not here to keep him happy, he’ll find someone who will.” All eyes turned to Olivia in surprise. “Olivia Kendall,” Denise said in shock. “Watch your mouth…where would you ever get an idea like that?”

“It’s the truth…common knowledge,” Olivia said matter-of-factly. Denise sighed. Vanessa looked at Olivia concerned. “Olivia,” she said. “That is not the truth. If a man loves you…he will not turn to someone else.” Olivia shrugged. “Talia told me her dad left you a month ago. Do you think he hasn’t found someone else to keep him company?” Denise couldn’t believe her ears. “Olivia!” she shouted. “I have had enough of this. You are way out of line.”

Rudy looked at Olivia. She knew there was more going on than Olivia was making known. “Olivia,” she asked. “What is this really about?” Olivia felt the tears welling up in her eyes. She was trying not to cry, especially in front of everyone, but she couldn’t stop her tears. “I told Trey that I had to move here for the summer,” she began. “He was mad. He said that if I was willing to leave him for a summer…he would find another girlfriend.” She turned and looked angrily at Denise. “You and Dad win,” she shouted. “You finally found a way to break us up.”

Denise put her arm on Olivia’s shoulder, but Olivia quickly pulled away. “Honey…your dad and I were not trying to break you and Trey up. We were just concerned about how much time you were spending with him…and all the trouble you’ve been getting into.” Olivia continued to cry. “I love him,” she said through her tears. Rudy put her arm around Olivia. “I know you love him,” she said. “But I think you need to look at the big picture…he obviously doesn’t love you. If he did, he wouldn’t say that he’d find another girlfriend. You don’t need a boy like that Olivia.”

Olivia nodded. “I know that,” she said. “But it still hurts. I thought he loved me too.” She leaned her head over on Rudy’s shoulder and continued to cry. She looked up at Vanessa. “I’m sorry for what I said. I’m sure Dabnis isn’t cheating on you. I was just mad.” Vanessa smiled weakly and nodded. As much as she tried to look like Olivia’s comment hadn’t bothered her, she was thinking that maybe Olivia was right, and the thought of Dabnis with another woman hurt deeply. Olivia looked at Rudy. “I’m glad you and Kenny are in love,” she said. “He’s way better than Terrell.” Rudy smiled. “Yeah,” she said. “I bet Terrell and Trey would get along perfectly.” Rudy’s comment made Olivia smile a little.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:39 AM   #70
Cheryl Harrell
I Love You Mike 4-Ever

Send a message via ICQ to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via AIM to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via Yahoo to Cheryl Harrell

Good story! I bet you'd do good writing a CHICO & THE MAN Fan fiction.

"Make it your way, who can beat the Lord, the Son of God. Dear Lord, help me be strong where I am weak, if it be your will"-- The Late Freddie Prinze Sr
Cheryl Harrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 05:53 AM   #71
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl Harrell
Good story! I bet you'd do good writing a CHICO & THE MAN Fan fiction.
Thanks...that is a big compliment. I know how much you love "Chico and the Man." Maybe I'll try a "Chico" fanfic sometime. For now, here is more of this story! Enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 44
The house was quiet, and everyone had been asleep for a while. Suddenly there was a loud knock at the front door. The doorbell was ringing consistently as well, and the loud noise jerked everyone awake. Cliff sat straight up in bed. He looked at the clock; it was just after two o’clock. “Who on earth could that be?” Clair asked, still a little groggy from sleep, but frightened by the unexpected late night visitor.

Cliff walked downstairs and Martin came with him. The knocking and ringing continued and most of the family had gathered at the top of the stairs. “I’m coming,” Cliff yelled as he approached the door. He looked through the window and then unlocked the door and opened it. “Where is Vanessa?” Dabnis asked out of breath as he walked into the house. “Dabnis?” Vanessa asked confused by her husband’s presence. She ran down the stairs. “What are you doing here?”

Tavian ran down the stairs after his mother and Talia followed him. “Daddy,” the little boy shouted as he ran into his father’s arms. “Thank God you are all okay,” Dabnis said hugging the kids. He looked at Vanessa. “I was at the college. A pipe broke in one of the dorms and I was working on it pretty late. When I got back to the hotel, the desk clerk said you called and said you needed me. I was so scared. I thought something was wrong.” Vanessa was still shocked by Dabnis’ late night arrival. She stared at him. “I didn’t say that,” she said. “I said I needed to talk to you…and for her to tell you I’d call you when I got home.”

Dabnis breathed a sigh of relief. “I’m just glad everyone is okay,” he said sitting down on the couch. He suddenly became aware of everyone standing around in their pajamas…looking at him. “I’m sorry I woke everyone up,” he said a bit embarrassed. Clair smiled. “That’s all right,” she said. “We’ll just go back to bed.” She turned to the family and motioned for them to head back upstairs. Cliff didn’t move, but Clair gave him a look and he followed her. Vanessa looked at Talia and Tavian. “You two go back to bed,” she said softly. The two children kissed their parents and walked up to bed.

“I’m sorry you were scared,” Vanessa said. “Why didn’t you just call and check?” She asked. Dabnis shook his head. “I don’t know,” he said. “I wasn’t thinking I guess. I was just worried.” Vanessa nodded. She wasn’t sure what to say. She hadn’t expected to see Dabnis so soon. “Uhm…Did you eat dinner yet…I mean since you were at work. We have leftovers in the refrigerator.” Dabnis hadn’t even thought about dinner, but now he realized it had been several hours since he had eaten. “Yeah,” he said. “I guess so.”

They walked into the kitchen, and Dabnis began eating some of the leftovers. He looked at Vanessa sitting across from him at the table. “So, what did you need to talk to me about?” he asked. Vanessa sighed. “I don’t think this is the time,” she said. Dabnis smiled. “I just drove here…going ninety miles per hour. I’m lucky I didn’t get a ticket. So start talking.” Vanessa looked at him. “You’re lucky you didn’t get killed,” she said. Dabnis shook his head. “I was worried,” he said. “But I made it…so what did you want to talk about?”

“Do you still love me?” Vanessa asked, a bit concerned about what his answer would be. Dabnis put down his fork and stared at her. “What?” he asked. Vanessa sighed. “Do you still love me?” she asked. Dabnis couldn’t believe what she was asking him. “You know I do,” he said. Vanessa tried not to get too emotional. “Are you sure?” she asked. “There isn’t someone else you’d rather be with?”

“How can you even ask that?” Dabnis looked worried and angry at the same time. Vanessa looked down. “I just didn’t know…I mean, you left a month ago. You haven’t come back…” Dabnis interrupted her. “I left to give you some space…you know that. And the only reason I haven’t come home is because you haven’t told me you’re ready. Nessa, I love you…there could never be anyone else.” Vanessa looked at him pleadingly. “I love you too,” she said. “And I want you to come home. I miss you.”

The couple walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Vanessa leaned next to her husband. “I know it felt like I was blaming you for my unhappiness,” she said. “But I wasn’t. I just didn’t know what to do.” Dabnis pulled her close to him, and she laid her head against him. “I felt like a failure,” she said. “Because everyone in my family is doing something important…and I couldn’t.” Dabnis knew how hurt Vanessa was, and that she had felt unsuccessful. “You are not a failure,” he said. Vanessa nodded. “I know,” she replied. “But I’ve felt like one…for a long time. And it wasn’t because of you…it was because of me. I felt like a disappointment to my parents when I quit school...and I gave up on myself, my dreams. That is why I was unhappy.” Dabnis nodded. He understood, but he was still worried.

“I talked to my parents today,” Vanessa said softly. “They said if I want to go back to school…they’d pay for it. Would you have a problem with that?” Dabnis looked at his wife. “I know how much you’ve wanted to go back to school. And I’m sorry you had to quit when Talia was born. You are the most intelligent person I’ve ever known,” he smiled. “I would love for you to go back to college…if you want to. But I don’t want you to feel like a failure because you didn’t finish before. You are a terrific wife and a wonderful mother and those are important jobs too.”

“I know that,” Vanessa replied. “And I’m proud of that now.” Dabnis kissed her. “Do you really think you’re ready for me to come home?” he asked. Vanessa kissed him and smiled. “I am definitely ready,” she said. Dabnis looked at her, but he still looked more concerned than happy. “What’s wrong?” Vanessa asked worried. Dabnis sighed. “I need to know something,” he said. Vanessa looked at him questioningly. Dabnis began slowly. “When we first became engaged, our relationship was sort of on and off. We broke up; got back together; broke up. You would never commit to marrying me.” He stopped and looked into her eyes. “Nessa, would you have married me if you hadn’t been pregnant with Talia?”

Vanessa took a deep breath. His question had caught her off guard. She didn’t know how to answer. She closed her eyes to stop her tears. “I loved you,” she said. “I was scared to get married…that’s why I called it off so many times. But I did love you. I know that I would have married you, even without the baby.” She looked at her husband and spoke honestly. “I just would have waited a while. I would have finished school first…maybe started a career. But that’s not the way it happened. And I cannot imagine my life without you or Talia or Tavian in it. I’m happy with the way things turned out.” Dabnis held her tightly, and as they lay on the couch, they both fell asleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading everyone. I'll post more as soon as possible!
Old 07-31-2002, 10:14 AM   #72
BonniesLilCutiePie
Ivy Winthrop Crane

This is the best! You truly have TONS of talent! I know that you would be great at writing a "Division" fan fiction!
BonniesLilCutiePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:48 PM   #73
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
Originally posted by gbscott1954
I was hoping you would think about writing that other Cosby
Cosby Show story, the one you dreamed about. If you did, you
could use some of my ideas and I could help you on it. But if you
decide against it, I will be very understanding. Love you girl!
I will think about writing the other Cosby Show fanfic based on my dream. It would be fun to write, and I'd love for you to help me out with it. The problem is that I have to go back to work 2 weeks from today(actually I was there today working off-the-clock, LOL!) and I will not have a lot of time to write. I have very little time as it is. I'll try to finish this one soon, and then I'll decide about the other one. I'll let you know when I decide!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:57 PM   #74
ZeldaGilroy

Chapter 45
Clair woke up. It was early, but she decided to get up anyway. Everyone was planning on a big family breakfast, and she wanted to prepare. Theo had called the night before, and he had said he was bringing his new girlfriend. Sondra, Elvin, and the twins planned to come. Rudy had invited Kenny, and after Dabnis’ surprise visit, she assumed he would be joining them as well. It was going to be a full house.

She got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. After a quick shower, she dressed and made her way down the stairs into the kitchen. She checked the refrigerator and cabinets to make sure she had enough of the ingredients she needed, and then she put on a pot of coffee and sat at the table enjoying a brief moment of peace and quiet. The house had been so full of noise, both happy and sad, and this was the first moment she had had to herself all weekend.

When the coffee was finished, Clair decided to go into the living room. She liked to watch the morning news while she sipped her coffee, and she knew that before long the house would be alive with laughter as her grandchildren awoke. She wanted to savor this brief moment of solitude while she could. She pushed open the door, but as she started to walk into the living room, she saw Dabnis and Vanessa asleep on the couch. She smiled, and quietly went back to the kitchen table.

Before long she heard footsteps on the stairs and soon Cliff made his way into the kitchen. He bent down and kissed her. ‘What are you doing up so early?” he asked as he went to pour some coffee for himself. “I woke up and you were gone.” Clair smiled. “I just wanted to get up and prepare for this busy day.” Cliff smiled. “This has been some weekend,” he said. “And everyone is leaving today.” He looked sadly at his wife.

Clair smiled. “It’s hard to see them go,” she said. “I miss having our whole family together.” Cliff nodded in agreement. “Well, I guess we’ll have our hands full though…with Olivia.” Clair nodded and sipped her coffee. “I just wish Martin and Denise could realize how important it is for them to be with her right now,” she said softly. “We love Olivia…but they are her parents. She needs their guidance.” Cliff agreed. “I know,” he said. “But they feel like they can’t handle her anymore. I’d rather she be here…than have them give up on her.”

“Lets go watch the news,” Cliff suggested getting up from the table and heading for the door. Clair shook her head. “We can’t,” she said softly. Cliff looked puzzled by her comment. “Why not?” he asked. Clair smiled at him. “Take a look,” she said. Cliff pushed the door open and saw his daughter and son-in-law sleeping soundly in each other’s arms. He turned to his wife. “What are they doing?” he asked. Clair laughed softly. “I think they made up,” she said with a grin. “Obviously,” Cliff said as he sat back down at the table.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:39 AM   #75
ZeldaGilroy

Chapter 46
“We have to get over to your parents’ house soon,” Elvin said as he lay next to his wife in bed. Sondra smiled at him. “I know,” she said. “But I hate to get out of bed.” She leaned close to him, and they kissed. “I am so lucky to have you for a husband,” she said softly. Elvin held her close and thought about all they had been through. “We’re lucky to have each other,” he said. “And no one will come between us…ever.”

There was a knock at the door. Sondra laughed. “Never a moments peace,” she smiled. Elvin looked at her and grinned. ‘Come in,” he shouted. Nelson walked through the door. “Are you two ever getting up?” he asked impatiently. “We have to get to Grandma and Grandpa’s.” Sondra looked at her son. She was proud of him. He was always so prepared and efficient…a pleasure to his parents. Unfortunately, he aslo had bad timing.

“We’ll be down in a minute,” she said. ‘Go make sure your sister is up…okay.” Nelson nodded and walked out the door. Elvin stood up from the bed. “I bet Winnie is still sound asleep,” he said. Sondra agreed. “Yep, and I’ll bet she’s not in a big hurry to get up. I’m glad Nelson is going to wake her up…instead of me.” Elvin laughed.

“I wish we didn’t have to go all the way to your parents’ house for breakfast,” Elvin said. “It is so far, and I’d rather spend some time alone with you.” Sondra smiled and walked over to her husband. “I know,” she said. “But everyone is leaving today. We have to say good-bye.” Elvin nodded. “I know,” he replied. “It is always so hard for you to say good-bye. You get all teary-eyed, and by the time the last car pulls out, the whole family is crying.”

Sondra laughed slightly. “It’s hard,” she said. “Everyone lives so far away now. We all used to be so close. Theo is the only one I see anymore. Rudy is heading for Paris. I never see Martin and Denise except at Christmas. Vanessa doesn’t visit very often either.” Elvin nodded, “Just make sure you don’t get into anything with Vanessa this time,” he suggested. “She was so angry with you yesterday. I don’t know what got into her, but you don’t want to leave things on a bad note.”

“I know what was bothering her,” Sondra said. Elvin looked at his wife, waiting for her explanation. Sondra continued. “Denise told me that Dabnis and Vanessa split up. I guess that was why she was so testy with me. I’ll make sure to be extra nice today.” She put her arms around her husband and hugged him tightly. “I guess not everybody is fortunate enough to have a marriage like ours.” She kissed him and Elvin smiled. “Too bad,” he said. "They are missing out on something special."