Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Cosby Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Cosby Show Photo Gallery

The Cosby Show - Season 1

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 3

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 3 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 4

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 4 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 5

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 5 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 6

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 6 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 7 on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 7

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 8 on DVD
The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons

Buy The Cosby Show - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Edition - All 8 Seasons on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 1 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek) on DVD
The Cosby Show - Season 2 (Mill Creek)

Buy The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Fan Fiction > The Cosby Show - Fan Fiction

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 12, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-07-2002, 11:01 PM   #1
ZeldaGilroy
Dobie and Zelda Forever!!!

Default TheCosbyShowReunion

This is the first Cosby Show fanfic I have written. It is a reunion and I will be posting it in parts because it is really long! Please let me know what you think of it!

The Cosby Show Reunion (Of course for legal reasons, I will state that I did not create any of the original characters of The Cosby Show. That was the creative talent of the wonderful Bill Cosby, and I am simply an adoring fan of his work!)

Chapter 1

The restaurant was dimly lit and as she listened to the soft music playing in the background, Rudy Huxtable almost fell asleep. She had been waiting for almost an hour. She looked at her watch, wondering what was taking her boyfriend so long. He had asked her to meet him, and now he was late. Rudy yawned and was preparing to leave when she saw him rushing towards the table. “Don’t leave,” Terrell Jameson shouted to his girlfriend from across the crowded restaurant. People were staring, but he didn’t care. Rudy ducked her head down, embarrassed. “I made it,” Terrell said out of breath. “I’m sorry I’m late.”

Rudy looked frustrated at him, but sat back down at the table. He grinned at her and something inside her made her giggle a little. She could not resist this man. He was too charming. She had met Terrell at the beginning of her senior year at Hillman College, and now, less than a year later, the two were inseparable. “Why were you late?” Rudy asked, crossing her arms and trying to sound angry, but knowing Terrell could see right through her phoniness. Terrell smiled, “I had to pick up this…”

He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a small velvet box. He opened it, revealing a diamond engagement ring. Rudy gasped at the sight of the ring. It was so beautiful. And as Terrell began to kneel down before her on one knee, she felt tears welling up in her eyes. “Rudy, I love you…” Terrell began. “I cannot imagine my life without you. Since that day I saw you across campus at Hillman, I knew you were the love of my life. Will you marry me?”

Rudy was speechless. She loved Terrell and she knew how he felt about her, but she had not expected this. “I love you Terrell,” Rudy said softly. “You know that.” The look in Terrell’s eyes showed that he was worried about her answer. He thought she might say ‘no.’ “Rudy,” he whispered still on bended knee, “Please don’t say no.” He looked at the other customers who were staring at them waiting for her answer. “Don’t humiliate me in front of the entire restaurant…please,” he begged. Rudy bent down and kissed him, causing the room full of people to cheer, assuming she had said yes to his proposal.

Terrell sat back in his chair and attempted to slide the ring on Rudy’s finger, but she stopped him. “I haven’t said yes, Terrell,” Rudy said gently. She looked down briefly at the table, and then into his deep brown eyes. “What about Paris?” she asked. She knew she had touched a nerve with him, but she also knew it had to be discussed. Rudy had recently graduated with a degree in business administration, and had already been offered a job at a large company’s Paris office. She had accepted right away, and planned to move in a few months, something that had recently put a strain on her relationship with Terrell.

Terrell shrugged, “What about it?” he said. “You won’t have to go now. You can stay here and we can be together.” As angry as she was, Rudy had expected his response. “Terrell,” she replied, “I am not giving up Paris. This is a big opportunity for me. If you can’t see that…if you can’t respect that…I can’t marry you.” She picked up her purse and headed for the door. Terrell sat briefly, but soon followed her. He ran after her and quickly caught up with her. “Rudy…” he shouted. “I love you! I’ll go with you! We can’t be apart…Please don’t leave me.” Rudy saw the tears in his eyes. She knew he loved her.

“I’m leaving in three months, Terrell,” she said. “Even if I say yes, we’ll never be able to plan a wedding in such a short amount of time.” Terrell put his arms around her and kissed her lips gently. “Say yes Rudy,” he pleaded. “We can have a small little family wedding. It won’t take long. Then I can go to Paris with you…we won’t have to be apart.” Rudy looked at him and knew she couldn’t resist him. “Okay,” she smiled, holding out her hand for Terrell to slip the ring on. “Let’s get married.”

Chapter 2
As she entered her apartment, Rudy glanced at the clock. It was already after midnight. “Too late to call anybody,” she thought to herself. She looked down at the glamorous engagement ring on her finger and smiled. She hoped she had made the right decision. Suddenly she thought of somebody she could call, but as she picked up the phone, she changed her mind. Instead she walked into the kitchen to look for something to eat. She laughed realizing that in all the commotion of Terrell’s marriage proposal, they had not actually eaten at the restaurant. She grabbed some chips and sat down on the couch. As she turned on the TV and flipped mindlessly through the channels, she again picked up the phone. This time she dialed and waited as it rang.

“Hello,” a voice said on the other end of the line. Rudy could barely hear him through the sound of the stereo blasting on the other end. “Kenny?” Rudy asked, unsure through the noise if she had her friend or his roommate on the line. The music stopped and Kenny spoke into the phone. “Rudy?” he asked. “Hey, what’s up? You never call me this late.” He laughed a little. “We were just having a little party.” Rudy smiled at the sound of her friend’s voice. “I just wanted to call you,” she said. “I have some news.”

“What is it?’ Kenny asked cautiously, somehow knowing what she was going to say. Rudy sighed, “I’m getting married,” she said almost in a whisper. Kenny was silent on the other end. Then he spoke up suddenly. “Married huh? To Terrell?” Rudy answered with a simple, “yes.” Kenny knew this day was coming, but as many girls as he dated, or as many times as he had told himself to let Rudy lead her own life, he still wanted to be with her. “What about Paris?” He asked, knowing how important the move was to Rudy. “Terrell is going with me,” Rudy responded.

“Wow,” Kenny said at a loss for words. “Well congratulations…I actually need to go now Rudy. I’ll talk to you later though, okay.” Rudy knew Kenny was hurt. She hated to be the cause of his pain. “Alright,” she said. “We’ll talk later. Oh…Kenny, you will come to my wedding won’t you?” Kenny was silent for a moment, then answered. “Hey, would I miss my best friend’s wedding? Bye Rudy!” “Bye…Bud,” Rudy said playfully. The she hung up the phone.

The next morning, Rudy woke up early, anxious to call her parents and tell them the news. She knew they liked Terrell and she hoped they would be happy. The phone rang and Cliff quickly answered it. “Huxtable residence,” he said into the phone. “Dad,” Rudy said, “Is Mom there too?” Cliff laughed. “She’s right here, but why do you always call and want to talk to your mother. You have a father too you know.” Rudy laughed. “I want to talk to both of you. Put me on speaker phone.” Cliff looked at his wife. “She wants to be on speaker,” he said a little worried. Clair smiled, “Well put her on speaker,” she said.

Once the phone was set so both her parents could hear, Rudy made her announcement. “Mom…Dad, Terrell and I are getting married.” The Huxtables were shocked by their youngest daughter’s news. “Rudy,” Clair said thoughtfully, “Are you sure you and Terrell are not rushing things?” Rudy understood her mother’s concern. “Mom, we love each other. And you like Terrell. We want to get married before I go to Paris so we can go together.” Cliff was still sitting in shock of the news. “That is a pretty fast wedding,” he said. “Daddy,” Rudy began, “I love him.” Cliff looked at Clair and they both shook their heads in defeat. “Well,” Clair said. “It looks like we have a wedding to plan.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story does not only focus on Rudy. The other characters will all be involved soon!

What do you think?????
ZeldaGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
Originally posted by gbscott1954
THIS RULES!!! POST MORE SOON!!! I actually have an idea:how
about setting this story just before 9-11 and show how the
tragedy affects the Huxtables? Just my suggestion, of course.
I am glad you like it. I will post more later.

I like your suggestion of the 9-11 story-line, but I don't think I feel up to writing something like that right now. I wrote a Facts of Life fanfic in November that focused on the effect 9-11 had on the characters and that was really hard and emotional. I get too caught up in my writing! I hope you'll still be interested in reading this one though!

I like your fanfics. Maybe you should write a Cosby Show one that focuses on 9-11. I'd like to read it!
Old 07-08-2002, 05:10 PM   #3
Central Perk
~~~~~

Thumbs up

Can't wait to read more!
Central Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:44 PM   #4
ZeldaGilroy

Yay! I have two readers. Here are two more chapters for you!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

“Mom…” four-year-old Tavian Brickey was shaking his mother. “Wake up Mom,” he said a little louder than a whisper. Vanessa opened her eyes and squinted as she looked at her son. “What is it Tavian?” she asked, a bit annoyed at first. Then she smiled at him. “What do you need, hon?” Tavian sat on the bed next to his mother. “I need you to get up,” he said. Vanessa looked at the clock. It was already 7:30. She couldn’t believe she had slept so late. The alarm clock must not have gone off. Now she would be running late all day. She kissed her son and got out of bed. “Where is your sister?” she asked. Tavian smiled. “She’s on the phone. That’s why you have to get up. She’s talking to Grandma and Grandma wants to talk to you.” He shook his head and looked as if his mother should have already known what was going on. Vanessa had to laugh a little at her son’s attitude.

She walked down the hall and saw that her daughter was enjoying her conversation with her grandmother. “That is so exciting,” the eight-year-old shouted into the phone. Then she turned and saw her mother. “Mom, guess what? Aunt Rudy is getting married!” Vanessa was surprised. “Go get ready for school Talia,” she said. “You’re already late.” She took the phone from her daughter. “Mom,” she said into the phone. “Did Talia say Rudy is getting…married?” Clair was calling the whole family to tell them the news and Vanessa was her first call. “Yes,” Clair said. “Rudy and Terrell are getting married. Rudy is so excited and the wedding will have to be pretty quick because they are moving to Paris.” Vanessa was still stunned by the news. “Mom,” she said. “Don’t you think Rudy is a little young to get married? She should go to Paris and live life. She is so young.” Clair was surprised by Vanessa’s response. “Well, they love each other…and Rudy is twenty-two years old. That’s two years older than you were when you married Dabnis.” Vanessa didn’t respond.

“Well Vanessa, I need to make some more calls,” Clair said softly. She was a little concerned about Vanessa. She didn’t seem to be herself. “Rudy wants the whole family to help plan the wedding. So, can you and Dabnis and the kids come down this weekend? It will be great to have everyone together.” Vanessa thought about what to say. “Uhm…I can bring the kids, but Dabnis has a lot of work to do at the college this weekend,” she said feeling guilty about lying to her mother. “Okay,” Clair said. “We’ll see you then.” Clair paused briefly. “Vanessa?” she asked. “Are you alright.” “I’m fine Mom,” Vanessa said. “I’ll see you Saturday.” She hung up the phone.

Vanessa walked back down the hall and quickly dressed. “Come on you two,” she yelled for her children. “We have to go…now!” She loaded Talia and Tavian into the car and headed for the school. “Mom, I’ll need a note,” Talia said as Vanessa drove. “I’ll write it when we get there,” Vanessa said. “Hey,” Talia said excitedly, “Grandma said everyone is getting together this weekend to plan Aunt Rudy’s wedding. That will be so much fun. I can’t wait.” Vanessa looked at her children. “Kids,” she said. “We are going…but please don’t mention anything about your dad while we are at Grandma and Grandpa’s.” “Why?” Tavian asked. “Will Grandma and Grandpa be mad?” Vanessa shook her head. “I just don’t want to ruin Aunt Rudy’s special time.” Talia looked at her mother. “Mom, they are going to figure out that Dad moved out.” Vanessa knew Talia was right, but she just couldn’t bear the thought of telling her family she and Dabnis were separated. “You’re right Tal,” she said. “But for now, it’s our secret…okay?” Both children nodded their heads. They would keep her secret and Vanessa had never felt so guilty in her life.

Chapter 4

“I don’t get it,” the little boy kept repeating over and over. Theo Huxtable looked at his student and was losing patience. “Kyle,” he said. “I know it’s hard, but you have to focus.” The little boy wrinkled his freckled nose in frustration. “I am focusing Mr. Huxtable. It’s just too hard for me.” Theo sighed and looked at the boy. Kyle had been trying so hard. “Alright,” Theo said. “Finish the next problem, and then you can go outside for recess.” Theo helped Kyle through the problem and sent him outside.

As Kyle was running out the door, he nearly ran over Miss Lawrence standing in the doorway. “Slow down young man,” the cheerful young teacher said as Kyle made his way outside. Then she turned to Theo. “You have a phone call,” she smiled. Theo looked up at her. “How long have you been standing there?” he asked surprised to see her. She grinned. “Long enough,” she answered. “You are working wonders with Kyle,” she added. Theo laughed. “He’s not making as much progress as I would like, but he’s coming along.”

Theo stood up and headed for the doorway. “I guess I should take this call,” he smiled. Julia Lawrence walked out the door with him. “It’s your mother,” she said. “She said something about your sister, but she was so anxious I couldn’t understand her.” “Which sister?” Theo asked. Julia looked confused. “I don’t know, she didn’t say. How many do you have?” Theo smiled. “Four…” Then he picked up the phone.

“Hi, Mom?” Theo asked picking up the phone. “What’s going on?” Clair began to tell him the news. Theo was a little surprised that Rudy was planning to get married. “She must really like this guy,” Theo said to his mother. Clair agreed. “She does. And she wants everyone to help plan the wedding. Can you come over this weekend?” Theo did not live very far from his parents so it wouldn’t be a problem. “Is everyone else coming?” he asked. Clair answered, “Well, Vanessa is coming, but I haven’t had the chance to ask anyone else.” Theo knew everyone would do their best to come. After all, Rudy was their baby sister. “I’ll be there,” he said. “Talk to you later Mom.”

Hanging up the phone, Theo saw that Julia was still standing there. “My youngest sister is getting married,” he said. “I can’t believe it.” Julia smiled. “Why? What’s wrong with marriage?” Theo shrugged. “Nothing I guess. It’s just that she seems to be rushing things. I’m a lot older than her, and I’m not married. I’m happy.” Julia smiled. “Maybe you’d be happier if you had a wife to share your life with,” she suggested. The bell rang, and the two teachers went back to their classrooms.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post more tonight! Tell me what you think so far!

Last edited by ZeldaGilroy; 07-08-2002 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:33 PM   #5
ZeldaGilroy

Here is some more...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Denise Kendall was washing the dishes when the phone rang. She turned off the water and reached for the phone. “Hello?” she answered. Her smile quickly turned to a frown. “What did she do?” Denise asked in a frustrated tone. “Okay, I understand if you want to tell me in person Mr. Ferguson.” She closed her eyes and exhaled trying to control her anger. “No, my husband isn’t here right now. I’ll come and get her.” She reached for her purse and headed for the door as the phone began to ring again. “What did you do now, Olivia?” she commented angrily as she reached for the phone. “Kendall residence,” she answered the phone.

“Denise?” Clair’s voice caught her daughter off-guard. Denise replied quickly, “Mom, I can’t really talk right now. I was on my way out the door.” Clair could tell by her daughter’s anxious tone that something was not right. “I just wanted to ask if you and Martin and the girls could come for a visit this weekend,” Clair said pleasantly. Denise sighed. “I don’t know Mom. We have so much to do. Anissa has a sleep-over I think and Olivia may be busy.” She was thinking about how Olivia would most likely be grounded for the weekend and a trip to New York would be more of a reward than a punishment. “Well,” Clair said. “Rudy wants everyone to get together to plan her wedding.”

“Her what?” Denise asked confused. Clair laughed. “Rudy and Terrell are getting married. They want to make plans this weekend. Say you’ll come. She would be so disappointed if you weren’t here.” Denise looked at the clock. She should have been at the high school five minutes ago. “I’ll talk to Martin, and I’ll let you know. I’m sorry Mom but I have to go. I love you. Bye.” Denise hung up the phone and rushed out the door.

A few minutes later she pulled up in front of the high school. She walked into the main office and the secretary seemed to glare at her. “Mrs. Kendall,” the older woman said stiffly. “Olivia is in Mr. Ferguson’s office.” She pointed towards the office and Denise walked in. Olivia was sitting in a chair and Mr. Ferguson nodded to Denise as she entered. “Mrs. Kendall,” he began. “I was sorry to have to call you in again, but Olivia’s behavior cannot be tolerated.” Denise looked at her stepdaughter. “Would you like to tell me what happened?” Denise asked her. Olivia shrugged. “Nothing happened,” she said. “They just don’t believe in freedom around here.” Olivia glared at Mr. Ferguson.

“Mrs. Kendall,” he began. “Olivia skipped her math class today and was found under the bleachers in the gym with Trey Sellers.” Denise put her hand to her forehead. “Olivia,” she said loudly. “What were you thinking?" Olivia shook her head. “We weren’t doing anything. Besides, math is so boring. I needed some ‘me’ time.” Mr. Ferguson commented, “They were kissing when Coach Kelly found them.” Denise looked at Mr. Ferguson. “I’m sorry,” she said. “Olivia’s father and I will take care of this. Is she suspended?” Mr. Ferguson nodded. “Mrs. Kendall, we only have two weeks left of school, and Olivia has been suspended off and on all year. I’m suspending her for the rest of the year. She’ll have to attend summer school, or repeat tenth grade.”

“What?” Olivia shouted. “You can’t do that!” Denise looked pleadingly at the principal. “Mr. Ferguson, is there any other option?” Mr. Ferguson felt sorry for the woman. “No,” he said. “Olivia is so bright. I hate to do this. But there is no other choice.” Denise nodded understandingly.

No one said a word as they walked to the car. Denise started to drive. She turned and looked at Olivia who was staring out the window. “Olivia, I have had it. This is it! You think the school doesn’t believe in freedom…wait till your father hears about this. You are not to leave the house, use the phone, and absolutely NO contact with Trey…NONE!” Olivia looked angrily at her stepmother. “You can’t do that!” she shouted. “I’m sixteen. I need my friends. I deserve a life.” Denise had expected this. “When you learn how to behave in life, you can have a life. Until then, I’m not letting you out of my sight!”

Chapter 6
“This is Sondra Tibideaux,” Sondra answered the phone on her desk. Her secretary was out, and the phone had been ringing off the hook. “Oh, hi Mom,” she said. She sounded cheerful and Clair was glad she didn’t have to worry about her. “Sondra, I have some surprising news. Rudy is getting married.” Sondra was surprised. “Really? Wow! When?” she asked. Clair continued. “Soon. She wants everyone to get together this weekend to help plan the wedding. She and Terrell will be moving to Paris in three months, so it will have to be a small wedding. Will you and Elvin be able to make it this weekend to help with the wedding plans?”

Sondra wanted to go, but she was busy and she wasn’t sure if Elvin was on call at the hospital. “I want to Mom,” she began. “I just don’t know. I’m working with a client and Elvin may need to be at the hospital.” Clair was disappointed. “I understand. But try Sondra. It means a lot to Rudy.” Sondra knew her baby sister would be upset if she didn’t make it. “I’ll find a way,” she said.

As she hung up the phone, there was a knock at the door. A man in his mid-thirties opened the door and walked in. “Sondra,” he said. “Are you ready to get to work with Mr. Lowell?” Sondra was surprised to see her colleague at the door. He was the son of a senior partner at the law firm, and although she had worked with him before, she had never planned to again. “Tim, I thought Carol was working with me on this?” Tim walked over to her desk. “Carol has the flu, so Dad assigned me. He knows we are good friends.” Sondra looked down at her desk. “Tim, I don’t think I can do this. It is a bad idea.” Tim sat down next to her. “Why?” he asked softly. “We are just friends.” Sondra knew they were just friends, but she also knew that at one time they had been close to being more than friends. “Tim…my friendship with you almost cost me my marriage.” Tim laughed. “We never did anything Sondra,” he said sarcastically.

“I don’t care,” she responded. “All the time we spent together talking, going to dinner, even working late…I was cheating on my husband. We may not have acted upon them, but our feelings were stronger than friendship, Tim. Elvin is a wonderful man, and when I explained everything to him, he tried to understand. Thank God I didn’t let things go any further than dinner dates and conversation. Elvin forgave me then. If I start seeing you again now, I would be betraying his trust. I can’t do it. I can’t work on Mr. Lowell’s case with you.”

Tim stood up and headed for the door. “Fine Sondra,” he said. “I can see you’ve made up your mind.” Sondra nodded. “I have,” she said softly. Tim looked hurt and angry at the same time. “You better hope you made the right decision,” he replied. “Because when my father finds out you refuse to work with me, you could be out of a job!”

More soon! Let me know what you think so far!

Last edited by ZeldaGilroy; 07-09-2002 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:08 PM   #6
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
MORE!!! MORE!!! MORE!!!
Here is more! Thanks for reading! Sorry it's not much. I'll add more later!

Chapter 7

Clair had called everyone, and everyone was going to try to make it. She walked into the kitchen. Cliff was making a sandwich. “Well,” she said. “I think everyone will be here.” Cliff smiled. He laughed. “You know,” he said, “for years I thought this house would never be empty. But now…it seems so quiet. It will be nice to have some noise in these rooms again.” Clair laughed. “I can’t wait.” She kissed him. “We are so lucky Cliff,” she added. “We have great children.” Cliff smiled. “And,” he added, “We have plenty of grandchildren to spoil.” Clair laughed. “You hated it when our parents spoiled our kids, Cliff.” “I know,” he said. “But now it’s my turn.”

They walked into the living room. “Clair,” Cliff began. “This wedding announcement has really thrown me for a loop. Rudy has always been so independent. I thought she liked it on her own. Why do you think she is rushing into this?” Clair put her arms around him. “I think she’s in love,” she smiled. Cliff looked serious. “It just seems so rushed. You don’t think she’s pregnant or anything?” Clair shook her head. “Cliff, this is Rudy. She has a good head on her shoulders. I’m sure that’s not it.”

Cliff shrugged. “Are you forgetting our other daughter? The smart one. The one who graduated from high school a year early, only to go off to college, sneak around with an older man, get engaged to this man…break up with him…get back together with him…get pregnant and then marry him.” Clair smiled. “I’m not forgetting, Cliff. Vanessa made some poor choices…No one will deny that. But you like Dabnis…I like him. He loves Vanessa, and they are happy.” She leaned next to him on the couch. “They have given us two of those grandchildren you love to spoil so much.” Cliff nodded.

“Cliff, I’m a little concerned about Vanessa and Denise.” Clair said suddenly. Cliff looked at her questioningly. Clair continued. “Vanessa sounded really upset about Rudy’s wedding, and that’s not like her at all. And Denise…well she practically hung up on me. She claimed she was in a big hurry.” Cliff laughed. “I’m sure they are fine. You worry too much you know. Vanessa was probably just concerned about Rudy rushing into things, and Denise was probably busy.” Clair nodded, ‘Maybe,” she said. “Well,” Cliff replied. “If anything is wrong, I’m sure you’ll figure it out this weekend.”
Old 07-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #7
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
KEEP IT GOING! WE ALL LOVE YOU!
Thanks...I'm glad I have a loyal reader! I am trying really hard to make this story a good one, and I appreciate the kind words!

Here is a little more for you...

Chapter 8

There was a loud knock at the door. Rudy was waiting for Terrell to show up. They were going to her parent’s house a day early to start planning the wedding. “I’m coming Terrell,” she shouted, annoyed by his persistent knocking. She opened the door. “I hope you’re not disappointed. I’m not Terrell,” a voice shouted as she opened the door. “Kenny!” Rudy shouted. “What are you doing here?” Kenny smiled and reached out and hugged his friend. “I just thought I’d come for a visit. After that bombshell you dropped on me last night, I wanted to talk to you in person. So, I packed a bag, got on the bus, rode for two hours and here I am.”

Rudy led Kenny into the living room. The two sat on the couch and Kenny continued talking. “So, you really want to marry this guy?” Rudy smiled and nodded. “He is really great Kenny. If you knew him better, I know you’d like him.” Kenny smiled a fake smile. “I met him last September. He seemed okay.” Rudy took Kenny’s hand in hers. “He’s more than okay, Kenny. He loves me.” Kenny knew she was happy and wanted to be happy for her. “Well, I’m happy for you then,” he said. “But why are you in such a rush to get married?” Rudy smiled. “I’m moving to Paris. You know that. Terrell wants to go with me. I want him to go. It just makes more sense to get married now.”

Before they could continue their talk, Terrell came in. He looked at Rudy sitting on the couch, holding hands with another man, and it was hard for him to control his jealousy. “What is going on here?” he asked quickly. Rudy walked over to him and kissed him. Then led him to the couch where Kenny was still sitting. “You remember my friend Kenny,” she said. Terrell looked at Kenny. “Of course,” he said slowly. “Nice to see you again.” Kenny nodded and smiled. Terrell turned to his fiancée. “Rudy, can I see you in the kitchen please?” Rudy looked at Kenny. “Please excuse us, Kenny,” she smiled and walked into the kitchen.

“What is he doing here?” Terrell asked frustrated by Kenny’s presence. Rudy looked at him, unsure of what to say. “He came to see me,” she said. “What is wrong with you?” Terrell looked angrily at his fiancée. “What’s wrong with me?” he asked. “I come home to find my fiancée holding hands with another man…” Rudy interrupted him. “Hold on,” she said. “First of all…this is not your home, it’s mine. Secondly, I can touch my friends without your permission.” Terrell was upset. “I don’t like you hanging on other men,” he said. “I wasn’t hanging on him,” Rudy said trying not to shout. “He’s my friend. I’ve known him since I was six. Get over it!”

Rudy walked back into the living room and Terrell followed her. “Kenny,” she said. “We were just on our way over to my parents house to start making wedding plans.” Kenny stood up. “Oh,” he said. “I didn’t mean to intrude. I’ll just leave.” Rudy stopped him. “You rode on a bus for two hours to get here, you can’t just leave. Come with us. It’ll be fun. Mom and Dad would love to see you.” Kenny smiled. “Okay,” he replied. Rudy turned to Terrell. “We’re ready to go,” she said sarcastically. “Are you coming?” Rudy and Kenny walked out to Rudy’s car, and Terrell slowly followed.
I hope you liked it. I'll post more later tonight if I have time!

Last edited by ZeldaGilroy; 07-09-2002 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:27 PM   #8
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:

PLEASE FIND THE TIME! THIS STORY RULES!
I found the time...so here you go!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9

Vanessa turned on her street and was anxious to get home. It had been a long day. Not only had she woke up late, but she had been late for work by the time she took Talia to school and Tavian to the daycare center, and her boss was not happy about it. She was working as a bank teller, a job she was not too enthused about, but needed. The bank manager was a grumpy older man, and it was impossible to make him happy. Vanessa felt like she only succeeded in making the other employees look better in his eyes.

As she pulled up to the house, she saw that Dabnis had parked his car on the street. He was staying at a hotel since their separation, but he had picked the kids up and brought them home. Vanessa was supposed to be home thirty minutes earlier and now she would have to explain why she was late. As she opened the door, she saw that Dabnis had made dinner for the kids, and the three of them were sitting at the kitchen table. Tavian ran up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. “Mom,” he said, “Where were you? You’re late!” He looked like he might cry and Vanessa bent down and hugged him. “I’m sorry sweetie,” she said, kissing him on the cheek. “Mr. Groves made me stay late because I was late this morning.”

Tavian walked back to the table and continued eating his macaroni and cheese. Dabnis stood up and put his plate in the sink as Vanessa walked into the kitchen. “Thanks for making them dinner,” Vanessa said softly. Dabnis nodded. “I wouldn’t let my kids starve,” he said sharply. Vanessa walked over to him. “I’m sorry I was late, but Mr. Groves wouldn’t let me leave. The alarm didn’t go off this morning, I was late for work…I had to make up the time.” Dabnis looked at her and sighed. “Why do you let him do this to you?” he asked angrily. “Nessa, you are so much better than that job and I hate the way Groves takes advantage of you.” Vanessa looked down, trying to hide her emotions. “It’s the only job I have,” she said and walked into the living room.

She heard the water running in the sink. Talia and Tavian came into the living room and turned on the TV. “Do you have any homework?” Vanessa asked her daughter. Talia shook her head. “No, it’s so close to the end of the year, we barely do any work anymore.” Dabnis walked into the room. “I washed the dishes,” he said. “And I put a plate in the microwave for you if you’re hungry later.” Vanessa nodded, “Thanks,” she replied. She looked at Talia and Tavian lying in front of the television. “Tal,” she said. “Why don’t you go pack a bag to take to Grandma and Grandpa’s this weekend.” Tavian sat up. “Can I pack my bag too,” he asked. Vanessa laughed a little at his enthusiasm. “Alright,” she said. “But I get to check it before we go. I am not taking a bag full of action figures and play dough to New York.” Both of the kids ran upstairs.

Dabnis laughed. “He did that last Christmas. It was my fault though…I was suppose to check the bag.” Vanessa laughed. “So,” Dabnis asked, “Why the trip to your parent’s house?” Vanessa sighed, “Rudy wants to get married, and the whole family is going to help her plan the wedding.” Dabnis smiled. “That sounds fun. Tell her congratulations from me.” Vanessa looked frustrated. “I will not,” she said. “I’m not doing anything to encourage Rudy to make the biggest mistake of her life.”

“What makes you think it is a mistake?” Dabnis asked. Vanessa was trying to hold back her tears. “She’s too young. She doesn’t know what she’s getting into.” “Like you, right Vanessa?” Dabnis asked angrily. “You don’t want her to make the mistake you made!” Vanessa looked sadly at her husband. “I didn’t say that Dabnis. At least Rudy is finished with college. She can be someone on her own.”

“You are somebody Vanessa,” he said. Vanessa smirked. “Oh yeah, I forgot. I’m a bank teller, who barely makes enough money to buy her kids shoes.” Dabnis looked worried. “If you need money, all you have to do is ask. I can give you more child support if the kids need shoes.” “That’s not the point, Dabnis.” Vanessa cried. “I gave up my dreams when we got married! That’s why I have to work at the stupid bank and put up with Groves. I didn’t finish college. I can’t do anything else.”

Dabnis shook his head. “I am tired of you blaming me because you are not happy with your life Vanessa.” Vanessa looked into his eyes. “I don’t blame you,” she said softly. “I blame me. I was stupid. I got pregnant. I got married. I gave up everything for you and the kids, and now here I am…nobody.” The room was silent, then Dabnis spoke softly. “You have to work this out Nessa,” he said sadly. “This is why we can’t be together…I can’t stand the way you feel about yourself, or us. Maybe you were too young, and if I pushed you into something you were not ready for, I’m sorry.”

“I love you,” Vanessa said slowly. “And I love Tal and Tavian.” Dabnis smiled weakly. “I know, and we love you too,” he said. “And I know you’re unhappy…but don’t force that unhappiness on Rudy…okay.” Vanessa nodded. Dabnis took her hand in his. “I need to get back to the hotel,” he said. “Tell the kids good-night for me.” As he left, Vanessa put her head in her hands as her tears fell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least it was a longer post this time!
Old 07-10-2002, 11:19 AM   #9
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
This is a totally cool story! I hope Princess Rudith gives King
Terrel the royal boot! I think she and Bud belong together!
You don't like Terrell???? I can't beleive it! LOL

I guess you'll just have to wait and see if Rudy stays with Terrell or turns to good old Bud (Kenny)

Thanks for reading and I'll post more later!
Old 07-10-2002, 11:50 AM   #10
ZeldaGilroy

Here is some more...

Chapter 10

“What are you doing here so late?” Julia Lawrence, standing in the doorway of Theo’s classroom, asked nicely. Theo looked up at her and smiled. “I’m trying to figure out a new plan for math tomorrow. That assembly scheduled tomorrow morning is going to throw me off.” He put down his pencil. “What are you still doing here?” Julia laughed. “Working on summer packets for my class. I’m afraid if I don’t send some work home for the summer, their brains will turn to mush.”

Theo looked at the clock on the wall. “It’s six o’clock,” he said. Then he yawned. “I had no idea it was so late.” Julia grinned. “I know,” she said. “I was thinking the same thing. Everyone else left over an hour ago.” Theo stood up and reached for his bag. “I guess we had better get out of here before someone sees the lights and calls security.” Julia nodded. Theo walked with her to her classroom where she opened up her bag and placed some papers inside. Then she grabbed her purse.

“So, when are you supposed to start helping your sister plan this wedding?” She asked cheerfully as they walked to the parking lot. Theo shrugged. “I guess this weekend. All of my sisters should be here by Saturday.” Julia smiled. “It must be nice to have such a big family. I’m an only child. What are your sisters like?” Theo laughed. “They are something else.” Julia smiled. “I’d like to hear about them,” she said softly.

“Well,” Theo began. “Rudy, the bride-to-be, is the youngest. She just graduated from Hillman College and is moving to Paris in a few months.” Julia’s eyes widened. “Paris?” she asked. “Wow.” Theo nodded. “She is definitely
on her way,” he added. “And then there is Vanessa. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two kids. Denise lives in Rhode Island. Her husband is in the military. She has a step-daughter Olivia, and a nine year old, Anissa.” Julia looked at Theo. “Sounds like you have a pretty nice family,” she said. Theo grinned. “I do,” he said. “My oldest sister Sondra lives in New Jersey. She is a lawyer and her husband is a doctor. They have thirteen year old twins.”

Julia smiled sweetly. “You are making me jealous,” she said. Theo looked questioningly at her. “What?” he asked. Julia continued. “You have a great family…all those siblings…and nieces and nephews. When I go home for a visit, it’s just me and my mom.” Theo smiled at her. “Would you like to go get some dinner?” he asked. “I could fill you in on my childhood adventures in the Huxtable household.” Julia laughed. “I’d love that,” she said.

I'll post more later!
Old 07-10-2002, 07:19 PM   #11
ZeldaGilroy

Chapter 11

“I’m home,” Martin Kendall yelled as he walked through the door. Nine-year-old Anissa ran up to her father. “Dad,” she said. “I have a spelling test tomorrow. Can you help me study?” Martin kissed her on the cheek. “Of course,” he said happily. “After dinner.” Anissa sat back down and continued reading her spelling book. Martin walked into the kitchen.

“Mmm…something smells good,” he said looking at his wife who was cooking spaghetti at the stove. Denise smiled at him and he put his arms around her. “Martin,” Denise began. Her tone let him know something was wrong. Martin straightened up and looked into her eyes. “You don’t sound happy,” he said a bit worried. “What is it?” Denise sat down at the table and Martin followed her. “Martin, Olivia has been suspended again…this time for the remainder of the year. Mr. Ferguson says she’ll have to go to summer school or repeat tenth grade.” Martin slammed his fist down on the table. “What did she do this time?” he asked angrily. Denise knew Martin would be upset, but she knew she couldn’t cover for Olivia. “Well,” she began hesitantly. “She skipped class to sit under the bleachers and make out with Trey Sellers.”

“She did what?” Martin asked furiously. “Where is she?” He stood up from the table. Denise put her hand on his shoulder. “Martin, you need to calm down. She’s had enough yelling from me today. Before you go talk to her, I think we need to decide what to do.” Martin sat back down. “I don’t know what to do with her,” he said. “She doesn’t listen to us. She’s always in trouble…making out under the bleachers?” he looked haggard and defeated by his daughter’s behavior.

“Martin,” Denise said softly. “My mom called today. She said Rudy is getting married and wants us to come up this weekend to help with wedding plans.” Martin looked confused. “I hope you said no,” he said. “We can’t go there now.” Denise nodded her head. “I know it seems like a bad idea,” she said, “But maybe it’s not. I have an idea about how we can help Olivia.” Martin looked at her, waiting for an explanation.

Denise continued. “Well, you know how much my parents love Olivia. She respects them in a way she never has respected us. Maybe, she should stay with them for a while…just for the summer. She could attend summer school there. They could straighten her out.” “Denise,” Martin interrupted. “You can’t just send her away.” Denise shook her head. “That’s not what I’m trying to do Martin. But you know as well as I do that Olivia felt safe there…she felt loved. When we moved her to Singapore with us, she only talked about how much she missed it there. And now, maybe if we let her go back…just for a while…it will help her.”

Martin did not want to impose on the Huxtables again. They had done so much for them already. “Did you ask your parents?” Denise shook her head. “Not yet,” she said. “I thought maybe it would be better to discuss it in person.” Martin nodded. “Denise, they may say ‘no.’ I mean your dad just retired…and your mom is still working. Olivia may be an imposition.” Denise knew he was right, but she also felt they had no other choice. Anissa walked into the room. “Is supper ready yet?” she asked impatiently. Denise nodded. “Yeah,” she said. “Go get Olivia.”

More soon!
Old 07-10-2002, 09:42 PM   #12
ZeldaGilroy

Here is some more. No one has replied today, so I hope I still have some readers. LOL!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

Sondra walked slowly up the steps. She didn’t want to let anyone know that she could be out of a job, but she also knew she was not good at hiding things from Elvin. She opened the door and walked in. Nelson was doing his homework at the dining room table. “Hey Mom,” he said without even looking up from his work. Sondra walked over to him. “Hi,” she said. “How’s your homework coming?” Nelson looked up. “Okay I guess. It’s science. We have a test on plants.” Sondra smiled at him. “You’ll do fine,” she said.

“Is your dad home yet?” she asked, hoping the answer would be no. If Elvin wasn’t home, it would give her more time to decide what she would say to him. Nelson shook his head. “Nope, he called about an hour ago and said he’d be really late.” Sondra felt relieved. “Did you eat yet?” she asked. Nelson looked up from his science book. “Yeah,” he replied. “Winnie made frozen pizza and I ate half of it.” Sondra smiled. “Alright,” she said. “Where is Winnie anyway?” Nelson pointed to the stairs.

Sondra walked upstairs and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. Then she walked to Winnie’s room and knocked on the door. “Come in,” her daughter’s voice echoed through the door. Sondra pushed the door open and walked in. Winnie was sitting on the bed polishing her fingernails. “Hey Mom…you’re home,” she said. Sondra sat on the bed. “Yes, I’m home,” she said. “What have you been doing all evening?” Winnie shrugged. “I was talking on the phone earlier…then I watched some TV…and now I’m painting my nails.” Sondra nodded. “Uh huh. And I heard through the grapevine that you have a science test coming up?” Winnie looked annoyed at her mother. “So?” She said. “I’ll pass. Nelson just studies too much.” Sondra shook her head. “You just make sure you study…tonight.” Winnie smiled and held up her hands. “Can’t open the book with wet nails,” she laughed, then stopped when she realized her mother was not impressed by the joke. “I’ll start studying,” she said softly.

Sondra walked back to her bedroom. She laid down on the bed. She felt like she might fall asleep, and after her long day she needed it. Suddenly she was jerked awake by the telephone ringing on the nightstand. She reached over and picked it up. “Hello?” she asked groggily. “Elvin, what is it?” Elvin’s voice echoed into the phone. “Sondra, I’ll be home pretty late. I just wanted to let you know.” Sondra smiled. He was always pretty considerate and called if he would be late.

“Nelson told me,” she said. Elvin continued. “I just wanted to make sure you got the message. When I called he was so engrossed in studying I wasn’t sure if he even heard me.” Sondra laughed. “Yeah, too bad Winnie doesn’t have that problem. Oh Elvin, are you too busy to go over to Mom and Dad’s Saturday? It seems that my little sister has found the man of her dreams and wants the whole family to plan her special day.” Elvin sounded surprised. “Rudy? Wow, she has grown up. Good old Kenny popped the question huh?” Sondra cut him off, “No, not Kenny. He’s just a friend. She’s marrying Terrell…you know…her boyfriend.”

Elvin replied, “Oh…well I guess we can go. But I feel bad for poor Kenny.” Sondra was unsure why Elvin was reacting like this. “Why should you feel bad for Kenny? He’s not losing a friend.” Elvin sighed. “Sondra,” he said. “If Rudy marries Terrell, Kenny is out of her life for good, and I’d bet he is not taking the news very well. No man in his right mind is going to let his wife have another man for a best friend.” Sondra thought about her friendship with Tim, and the effect it had had on their marriage. She was sure Elvin was thinking of it too. He spoke quickly, “I have to go, honey. I’ll see you tonight. Love you!” “I love you too,” she said softly and hung up the phone.
Please respond! I know it sounds like I'm begging for praise, but I'm not. You can say "this sucks" if thats your opinion, I just want to know if anyone is reading!

And thanks gbscott1954 for all your nice replies!

Last edited by ZeldaGilroy; 07-10-2002 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:50 PM   #13
ZeldaGilroy

Chapter 13

Rudy pulled up to her parents’ house. Terrell had not said anything since they left, and Kenny had been quiet for most of the ride as well. She looked over at her fiancé sitting next to her. “Are we ready to go in?” she asked, still upset by their argument earlier. Terrell opened the door and Rudy and Kenny followed him.

“You know,” Kenny said. “It would be nice to see Dr. and Mrs. Huxtable again, but maybe this isn’t the right time.” He smiled. “I think I’ll just walk over to my brother’s house.” Rudy looked hurt. “But Kenny,” she said. “We haven’t even had a chance to talk.” Kenny smiled. ‘I know,” he said. “And I’ll come over tomorrow. Right now I think you and Terrell need a chance to talk with your parents. Besides, my brother’s third wife just left him, and I think he needs a shoulder to cry on.” Rudy smirked, “Third wife?” she asked. Kenny nodded. “I can’t believe he found three women who would marry him.” He laughed and turned to walk down the sidewalk.

Rudy opened the door. “Hello?” she shouted. “Is anyone home?” Clair walked out of the kitchen. “Rudy!” she shouted. She hugged her daughter and then turned to Terrell. “And my future son-in-law.” She hugged him tightly. “Hello Mrs. Huxtable,” he said without much feeling. Clair shouted upstairs. “Cliff, Rudy and Terrell are here!”

Cliff came down stairs. “There’s my darling daughter,” he said. He kissed Rudy on the cheek. He put his hand out to shake hands with Terrell, but didn’t say anything to him. They all sat down on the couch. “Well,” Rudy began, “Let’s get started.” Clair smiled. “I thought we might wait until your sisters and brother get here on Saturday. They might be a big help.” Rudy smiled. “I want them to help too. It’s just that I am so excited. I can’t wait to get started.” Clair laughed, but Cliff turned serious. “Seems like you’re in as big a hurry to plan the wedding as you are to get married,” he said. “Why are the two of you rushing into this wedding so fast anyway?” “Cliff,” Clair said trying to stop him from upsetting their daughter. “It’s okay Mom,” Rudy said. “Dad, I love Terrell. I am leaving in a few months, and I want him to come with me. You wouldn’t want him to come with me if we weren’t married, would you?”

“Alright, you’ve got me there,” Cliff gave in. Rudy kissed him on the cheek. Then she turned to her mother. “I was thinking I could wear a plain white dress, nothing too fancy since it’s going to be such a small wedding.” Cliff looked up. “So,” he said questioningly, “You do plan on wearing a WHITE wedding dress, right?” Rudy laughed. “Of course Daddy,” she said. “You don’t have to worry. I deserve a white dress.” “Does she ever,” Terrell said, sounding a bit annoyed. Cliff grinned. “That’s my girl,” he said happily.

Chapter 14
“Are we almost there?” Talia asked her mother as they drove to the Huxtable house. Vanessa sighed. “Talia, we will be there when we get there. Stop asking me.” Talia looked out the window. “Mom,” she said. “Why can’t we move to New York?” “What?” Vanessa asked. “Why would you want to do that?” Talia shrugged. “I don’t know. It just seems so exciting here. It is so boring where we live.” Vanessa laughed. “Well, we can’t move here. Your dad has worked at Lincoln University for a long time, and he’d never find another job as good as that.” Talia looked at her mother. “So,” she said. “Dad doesn’t even live with us anymore. He wouldn’t even come.”

Vanessa couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Even though Dabnis had moved out, she still considered them a family. It hurt to think that Talia didn’t. Vanessa had always assumed that Dabnis would come back, but after listening to her daughter, she was beginning to think about what life would be like if he didn’t. “Tal,” she said softly. “Even though your dad is staying at the hotel, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t love us. We couldn’t live this far away from him. He’d miss you and Tavian like crazy.” Talia looked at her mother. “Would he miss you too, Mom?” she asked simply.

“I’d miss him,” Vanessa answered sincerely. Talia opened up a magazine, and Vanessa was relieved to end their conversation. She glanced to the back seat where Tavian was sleeping in his booster seat. She wondered if Dabnis would miss her if she moved away. She had put him through so much, and he had always been so loving and understanding. He was a wonderful father and husband. She had been unfair to him. She did blame him for her wrong-turns in life, but looking at Talia sitting next to her and Tavian sleeping soundly she knew she had a lot to thank him for as well.

“There’s Grandma and Grandpa’s house!” Talia shouted as they turned on the street. She reached back and shook her brother awake. “We’re here Tavian,” she said happily. Tavian opened his eyes and looked out the window. “Will Grandpa let me wear his tool belt this time?” he asked his mother hopefully. Vanessa laughed. “Let’s hope Grandpa doesn’t even get that thing out,” she said. “Daddy isn’t here to help him.” Tavian and Talia laughed. “Oh yeah,” Talia said, “Remember, we can’t say anything about Dad leaving.” Vanessa looked at her children sadly. “Let’s just hope it doesn’t come up,” she said. “But if it does…I don’t want you kids to lie. You should always tell the truth.” Talia smiled at her mother as she opened her car door and headed for the house.
Old 07-11-2002, 07:13 PM   #14
ZeldaGilroy

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been replying, but I had something to do earlier
today. I love this story and hope you add more soon! Just one
thing-I hope you don't make Olivia into a little ingrateful brat
with absolutley no redeeming value. I like Olivia a whole lot!
I understand that you had something to do! I just appreciate you taking the time to read this. I have put a lot of work into this fanfic, and I would hate to think no one is reading it! Thanks for responding when you can.

Also, I do not plan on making Olivia an ingrate. I like her too. I am just trying to make her character more complex. I just didn't think that after all these years, being bounced around from the Huxtables to Martin and Denise, she would be a perfect little angel. She is bound to have issues!

I am trying to develop a story-line for all the characters, and I hope you will like the Olivia story-line. I'll post more later! Thanks again for responding!
Old 07-11-2002, 08:06 PM   #15
ZeldaGilroy

Chapter 15
“We’re here,” Talia shouted as she rushed into her grandparents’ house. Cliff and Clair walked into the room. “There are my babies,” Clair shouted gleefully as she hugged her grandchildren. Cliff smiled and kissed Talia. “Here’s one of my favorite granddaughters,” he said happily. “I love you Grandpa,” she said as she hugged him. “Is Anissa here yet?” she asked, anxious to see her cousin. “Not yet,” Clair said. “But Winnie and Nelson are in the kitchen.” “Alright,” Talia said and she headed for the kitchen.

Cliff looked at his grandson. “There’s my boy,” he said happily as he picked up the child. “Little Heathcliff…” “Dad,” Vanessa interrupted. “What?” Cliff asked. “He’s my namesake.” He kissed the little boy and put him back down. Clair looked at her daughter and laughed. Then she turned to Cliff. “His name is not Heathcliff…it is Tavian Heathcliff Brickey. There’s a difference.” Cliff shrugged. “Not to me.” He reached out and hugged Vanessa. “No matter where Heathcliff is in his name…he’s Heathcliff to me.” Vanessa sighed.

“Why don’t you go to the kitchen for some cookies?” Clair asked her grandson who quickly took her up on the offer. Clair hugged Vanessa. “It is so good to see you,” she said smiling. “I’ve missed you and my grandchildren.” Vanessa smiled. “We’ve missed you too Mom,” she said softly.

“Too bad Dabnis had to work,” Cliff said. “I was hoping he could help me fix up some things before Rudy’s wedding.” He looked around the room. “Lot’s of things to fix.” Vanessa smiled falsely. “He’s sorry he couldn’t make it,” she said. Cliff put his arm around his daughter. “Oh well,” he said. “I guess it will be up to me and Little Heathcliff to get busy without him. I’ll let him wear my tool belt.”

Vanessa and Clair exchanged an annoyed glance. Then they laughed. “Sondra and Elvin are in the kitchen, so is Rudy,” Clair said to her daughter. Vanessa nodded, “I think I’ll go say hello.” As Vanessa left the room, Clair turned to her husband. “Something is wrong with her,” Clair said knowingly. “I can tell. She’s trying to sound so happy, but I know she’s not. She didn’t even argue with you about calling Tavian ‘Little Heathcliff.’” Cliff kissed her on the cheek. “Maybe that’s because she has learned she’ll never win that argument.” Clair glared at him, and he knew she was serious. He hugged her. “If something is wrong, I’m sure she’ll tell us.” Clair nodded, still unsure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More later!