Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 12, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-17-2002, 12:21 AM   #1
CameraQueen
Forum Regular

Default "What If?" Theater

Here's the setup:
Suppose certain key elements of the series were different. What do you think would change? Would certain things stay the same? If this catches on, I'll keep posting different "What If" scenarios that you all can reply to. I think it could be pretty interesting. You could come up with episode plots, general storylines, new characters, etc.

"What If" #1:
Suppose Richie and Ralph never left the show. Would Joanie and Chachi's relationship still be given so much "air time"? Would Richie and Lori Beth still have gotten married? Maybe Potsie's character wouldn't have been phased out toward the end. What are some of the storylines that would have been different??

Be creative!

<center>K! I! D! S! Yeah!! </center>
CameraQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
DetectiveGriffin
Sankontessou!

Send a message via AIM to DetectiveGriffin Send a message via Yahoo to DetectiveGriffin
Cool

I guess richie would have taken a job as a jr. reporter somewhere and every other ep would be richie, fonzie and the gang getting into trouble over a story somehow. Hilarity would, of course, ensue.

Mork would hopefully visit a few more times, and maybe take the entire gang to colorado to meet mindy - that would rock.
richie would write an article about mork and get laughed out of his job; then taking one at a tabloid for at least an episode until self-doubt causes him to quit. With morks help, richie would probably write sci fi books about aliens and be a millionaire.

Nah, too corny <G>
DetectiveGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 11:45 AM   #3
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Default what if

That sounds good, Ralph would have probably ended up as an optomertrist, there could have been an episode where he filled in for his dad, there could haved been an episode where the gang went to Hollywood again ( those episodes had to be three of the best HD episodes ever ) There could have been an episode where Rich, Potsie and Ralph and Fonzie helped some of the guys form another band, Chachi, Roger and Eugene, or Chach, Roger Eugene and Potsie in the same band, and Potsie singing, of course. Also, there could have been one with a Jefferson High School reunion episode. Also, Ralph and Potsie duelling with the Belvin Bros. There could have been great episodes if they stayed, like the gang to to Californai to visit the Laverne and Shirley gang.
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 07:43 PM   #4
TJL
Suburbanite Extrordinaire
Forum Veteran

If I had my way...
Ralph would have persued his dream of becoming a comic, perhaps landing himself a starring role on some Soupy Sales inspired kiddie show, with bad jokes and slapstick.

Also, Richie would have persued his writing career, while taking a job teaching at Jefferson High School to support Laurie Beth and his son. Richie and Fonzie would hang out together while Fonz taught shop class.

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations

Last edited by TJL; 06-17-2002 at 07:47 PM.
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 07:46 PM   #5
TJL
Forum Veteran

By the way, I just wanted to add that this "What If" concept is a great idea!

I am currently racking my brain trying to come up with another show for "What If Theater."

Old 06-17-2002, 10:12 PM   #6
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Default what if theater

I agree with the Ralph pursuing a comedy career with Ralph, he could do a show with Potsie called "The Ralph and Potsie Comedy Hour"or sometihn like that, and Richie, Fonzie and the others would make variosu guest appearances, and Ralph and Potsie tryign to be the next Martin and Lewis, one singing, the other is the clown, get it!!
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 11:31 PM   #7
CameraQueen
Forum Regular

You guys have such great ideas!
I should probably put my two cents in as well...

I think there would be at least a few episodes centering on Richie's overprotectiveness of Joanie now that she's got a "steady" boyfriend. I imagine Chachi would be called bucko at least once. LOL But you know what I always wondered about? (Although this doesn't really have much to do with Richie or Ralph.) Remember the episode early on when Joanie had a crush on Potsie and he told her that he figured she wouldn't feel the same way about him later on? Well what if one of the 700 times that her and Chachi broke up, her and Potsie went on a date? Actually, that would be funny...Richie and Ralph would probably follow them, as "big brother" would most likely not be too happy about his pal dating little sis. Then at the end there's this mushy heartfelt talk between Richie and Joanie about how she's not a kid anymore and he needs to stop being so protective. And of course, Joanie and Potsie realize that they should remain just friends, because as we all know, Joanie belongs with Fonzie.
CameraQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 05:09 AM   #8
TJL
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by CameraQueen
because as we all know, Joanie belongs with Fonzie.
Now I don't think Mr. And Mrs. Cunningham would be able to handle that...

Last edited by TJL; 06-18-2002 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:34 PM   #9
wayne

One episode might be where the family tries to find out what happened to Chuck, solving the mystery once & for all. One by one the characters could visit Milwaukee to help Mr. C. solve it, & the ending might be a surprize: Chuck might walk in the door & say he wasn't missing after all, that he had a family in Alaska somehwere.

I think another ought to be where Fonz gets married, with Rich as the best man. Of course the question is to who: Maybe Pinky. Or the balerina, or Paula Petralunga. Or one of the Hooper triplets.
Old 06-21-2002, 11:54 PM   #10
RichFonz
Forum Regular

Post My Views of "What If"

Many "Happy Days" fans say the show "Jumped the Shark" when Richie and Ralph left. Here's my view: Keep in mind that Joanie first kissed Chachi in #163 (Fools Rush In) during the 7th season. (Richie and Ralph's last season) Even if the two stayed, it would've been extremely likely Joanie and Chachi would've gotten more "air time" anyway, because of Erin and Scott's chemistry. Also, Jenny Piccalo might've come as well, but Roger would never come. (He was a replacement to Richie.) If R.C. stayed, he might've got a job for the Milwaukee Journal, and could've married Lori Beth. Ralph could've got a job working as a comedian for the Ed Sullivan show, and Potsie would have gotten more lines also--because his character phased out after the departure of Most and Howard.
RichFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 09:16 PM   #11
FonziezLiLBikerette
The REAL Shortcake
Frequent Poster

Location: Fonz's Apartment...heh heh *grin* "I Found My Thills..."
Send a message via AIM to FonziezLiLBikerette

Quote:
Originally posted by CameraQueen
because as we all know, Joanie belongs with Fonzie.
i think that could be the best "What If?" ever!!! Joanie finally realizing she was just going out with Chachi to hide the undying love she's always had for the BEST Fonzerelli!! And Fonz would of course, return her love becauze he had always had it, he just never showed it because of her being so young, and of course Mr. And Mr. C!! But when the 2 lovebirds get together, chaos breaks out so they run off and elope....making the brand new spin off "Joanie Loves Fonzie!!!"

Richie- I found my thrills, On blueberry hill...

Fonz- Ayyyy!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

http://www.shining-illusions.com/the...g/justin19.jpg
Justin Guarini: The REAL American Idol!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/hd2.jpg4Eva!

http://www.heatherorourke.net/happyd...ssesfonzie.jpg
Every Little Girl's Dream!!

GoD BLeSs ThE UsA!~!
FonziezLiLBikerette is offline   Reply With Quote