Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
PhoenixAcres

Default When did you first watch Green Acres?

When were you first introduced to Green Acres? The 1965 original premiere, sometime after that in syndication, or even more recently?

For me, I saw my first episode around 2003 when a local station had an hour of it playing at 6 PM every night, followed by an hour of The Beverly Hillbillies. It took a few weeks for me to get accustomed to the show but it was soon a favorite. And over 10 years later it's still my top series of all time.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair

Probably the first night it was ever on. It was always good. I have it ranked #5 all time, tucked in between the Hillbillies and Seinfeld.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:22 PM   #3
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

To my knowledge, it was in 1996 when TV Land did "Hooterville Saturdays".
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:05 AM   #4
gopyle
Frequent Poster

I watched it back in the sixties when it first came out. I was just a kid then and we had just one tv, but it was one of the shows my parents had on semi-regularly. I really got into it in the 80s when it was on, I believe, The Family Channel.
gopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:48 PM   #5
KRW
One Bad Mother Funker
Forum Regular

That would be in the early 90's when some religious channel would air B&W versions. It just kinda stuck with me ever since. Now that I'm older I appreciate the clean humor even more than I did 20 years ago.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=369240
KRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #6
installLSC
Frequent Poster

Started watching it in the late 80s when CBN ran it in afternoons. (CBN would change its name later to the Family Channel and is now known as Freeform).
installLSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #7
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

I first watched it in the 1970s, on a Sharp brand b & w TV, in syndication. Arnold was very popular among my friends.

I watched most of the rural comedies: Green Acres, Hee Haw, TAGS, and Beverly Hillbillies -- but as far a Mayberry RFD and Petticoat Junction, I had fewer opportunities to see them.

At one time as a pre-teen, I thought that Petticoat Junction was a show for girls, and wondered why my older brother was watching when eps did air. Boy did I later figure that out. (I'm certain the short skirts on Batman had something to do with his watching that too...!)

Anyway I didn't even know for many years that GA was a spinoff of PJ, because the latter was gone from local syndication by the time I was really interested.
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #8
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

I was pretty little when Green Acres first started, so first run I remember watching just the last couple of seasons! Than started watching them all in the 70's when they were shown in reruns!

Same as Petticoat Junction. First run I watched from when Dr. Craig came , and watched all of them in reruns starting in the early 70's! Oh all except the very early ones with the original Billie Jo and Bobbie Jo. (Jeannine Riley and Pat Woodell). I didn't see them till METV started showing them!

From the very start of watching them both were , and still are two of my favorite TV shows!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:55 AM   #9
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

I started watching it in its original CBS run in I think 66 or 67. I still remember the first episode I saw, it was when Oliver became friends with a single woman who had a neighboring farm.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:59 PM   #10
CanICallYouDad
Frequent Poster

I saw the first episode when it came on originally. I like the premise and the theme song. I don't recall if Mr Haney was in the first episode but at that time he was the only thing I didn't like about the show. Over time that changed now I can't imagine it without him. I was 12 at the time
Old 06-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #11
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

no, Haney wasn't in the first episode.
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #12
thebigcookie

Back when I was 13 in 2004 when TV Land started showing it.
thebigcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #13
Torgo
I wanna go back
Forum Veteran

Sometime in the 80's. Don't remember what channel.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #14
DavOhl
First Time Poster

I was born around the start of the third season, so I have no memory of the show during its initial run. It ran in syndication on a couple of local channels during my childhood in the 1970s. I thought the Beverly Hillbillies was funnier, and that Petticoat Junction was a boring show for grown ups with too much music, like Lawrence Welk.

Now, of course, I like 'em all!
DavOhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #15
Enzobar
Occasional Poster

Nick at Nite, circa 1989! As a Gen-Xer (born in the 70s), Nick in the 80s was a great introduction to some lesser-known syndicated shows. It was there I first saw Dobie Gillis, Laugh In, Green Acres and more.

The thing about GA is it's one of those shows that comes in and out of life. I was hooked on it the first few years, then forgot about it for a long time, then a few years ago started watching it again on Antenna TV and remembered how great it is!
Enzobar is offline   Reply With Quote