Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
crystaldawn

Unhappy Twenty years since Christi Nichols went missing...

Here is a fairly recent article about her. Sad to see she's never been found but glad to see she still hasn't been forgotten.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10206471
Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
HyeTev
Frequent Poster

No mention of her husband... interesting.
HyeTev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
JRA2000TL
Frequent Poster

Thats coincidental that you mention her as I just watched that segment today. These days when I'm not on the road for work, I work at the house and watch my UM segments during the day.

Her husband is strange in his interview and acts like a robot. He seemed guilty to me but I don't know. What's everyone's opinion?
JRA2000TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA2000TL
Thats coincidental that you mention her as I just watched that segment today. These days when I'm not on the road for work, I work at the house and watch my UM segments during the day.

Her husband is strange in his interview and acts like a robot. He seemed guilty to me but I don't know. What's everyone's opinion?
There is not one single doubt in my mind that he killed Christi and disposed of her body. I wish he would finally develop a conscience and tell the authorities where he put her so her family can at least bury her.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA2000TL
Yes I totally agree with you, at one point he even giggles: I think he says something like:

"There's even been a rumor saying I chopped her up and put her in garbage bags and buried her at the dump! That's one of the first ones I heard, and that one really got to me because I guess they were actually up there digging *giggle* around...

ididn'tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Yeah, I lump him in with Jule Calor and Tim McClure for having a big ZERO on the believability meter.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:01 AM   #7
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Her husband has got to be one of the least convincing guilty-as-sin rednecks I have ever seen........don't let the "What, Me Worry?" demeanor fool you.......

I'm actually amazed our State Patrol believed him for so long........

The thing that really gets me is, we had a case up here in Omaha the summer before last......a girl (Jessica O'Grady) went missing, her body was never found.......yet there was enough physical evidence to convince a jury her 'boyfriend' (Christopher Edwards) was guilty of second-degree murder and deserved to go away for 20-odd years.

If the SP could've gotten some more physical evidence + put that together with the backstory of domestic abuse.......Mark could be sitting in a cold concrete cell right about now.....
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

I dont think your SP believed him at all, folks, we must remember this was 1987! They didnt have the science they do now, he sold both of their cars within weeks of the "disappearance" of Kristi, it is believed one of those cars was the crime scene, in fact, didnt the person that Mark sold it to or another future owner of the car say they found a bunch of dried blood in the car but it was too degraded for testing?

I dont really doubt that Mark killed Christi, whether it was pre meditated or not is another story, but I do think he killed her. My own theory is, Mark and Christi went out for drinks as everyone knows, they leave the bar, they probably both were intoxicated to some extent, they got in an argument, Christ probably told Mark they were through and that she was going to get a divorce, he just wasnt going to let that happen, he beats on her or strangles her. Then he panicks and buries her out in the country somewhere where she would never be found.

I almost wonder if Mark didnt get rid of her body until later, because he would have had to bury her pretty quick in order to get home about an hour after leaving the bar. But he tried to tell the baby sitter that Kristi walked past her without the sitter knowing? I mean I know the DA's office is reluctant to prosecute this guy without a body, but it is a certainty she is dead. But in 1987 and even a lot now, they just wont prosecute a case without a body. But up until the 1990's no body almost always meant, no charges!

I personally think it would be hard to convict Mark of first degree murder because it would be hard to prove pre meditation but I think 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter would be indictable. Heck, at this point, Mark has already been free for over twenty years, the family probably wouldnt even disapprove of a plea bargain to voluntary manslaughter if he would just fess up and tell where he buried her body.

But huskerz, your state patrol didnt believe him, they thought he did it almost from the start, but the Dawson County District Attorney's office then and still does refuse to press charges or take it to a grand jury and see if they would indict even. The Dawson County DA these days is too busy focusing on trying to burn at the stake that 25 year old teacher that ran off to Mexico with that 13 year old illegal immigrant kid she was sleeping with.

Also huskerz, the problem too is that your sp did the best they could do, Mark sold the cars, it was 1987 science, they really couldnt have done more than what they did. Yes the domestic stuff didnt look good, but you really cannot convict someone based on that, you cant just get more physical evidence if there is none to find. Like I said, I am pretty sure Mark either beat or strangled Kristi to death, there was blood, he cleaned it up, in 1987, it was twenty years ago, the big science then was finger prints.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

A deathbed confession is the best we can hope for then prolly?
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
idol
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeTev
No mention of her husband... interesting.

Yeah no update on him at all or his thoughts on the case. My view is he got drunk that night and she had a few herself and as someone already stated after some drinks and on the way home had the courage to tell him that it was over and that she visited a lawyer and boom that was it and he went in a drunken rage. The babysitter also stated that Christi always paid her and usually with a check, that night he just handed her cash and that was it.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ididn'tdoit

"There's even been a rumor saying I chopped her up and put her in garbage bags and buried her at the dump! That's one of the first ones I heard, and that one really got to me because I guess they were actually up there digging *giggle* around...

C'mon now...let's be fair to the guy...he DID say that particular accusation "really got to" him.

Awww...poor him.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #12
cmyweb
Frequent Poster

Please forgive the bump if this info has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum and I missed it! I was watching the Christi Nichols segment tonight and remembered it from the olden (pre-Spike) days and wanted to see what updated info may exist on her case.

I did find the following which I do not recall having heard before:

In 1990, Mark filed for divorce from Christi on grounds of desertion. He said she had left of her own accord, abandoning him and their son and daughter. Authorities believe she was seeing another man at the time of her disappearance. After she went missing, a note from Christi, addressed to the other man, was found in the Nicholses' car. Christi wrote she would be leaving after Christmas, but promised to contact him within a few months. Investigators interviewed the man and he has been ruled out as a suspect in Christi's case. Mark took a polygraph about her disappearance in 1987, but the results were inconclusive.

Foul play is suspected in Christi's disappearance and it is classified as a homicide. Mark is the only suspect in her case. Trace amounts of blood was found on the floor of her bedroom, and in the trunk of Mark's 1977 Mercury Cougar. Authorities stated there was not enough blood to indicate Christi was dead. Mark told investigators it was menstrual blood, but analysis proved this statement was untrue.

This is courtasy of the following site: http://www.briansprediction.com/cp/c...s_christi.html

I too thought it seemed pretty obvious that the husband was guilty...he certainly didn't seem very heartbroken or concerned. I just hope she is at peace.

Also...now I understand crystaldawn's avatar!
cmyweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyweb
Please forgive the bump if this info has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum and I missed it! I was watching the Christi Nichols segment tonight and remembered it from the olden (pre-Spike) days and wanted to see what updated info may exist on her case.

I did find the following which I do not recall having heard before:

In 1990, Mark filed for divorce from Christi on grounds of desertion. He said she had left of her own accord, abandoning him and their son and daughter. Authorities believe she was seeing another man at the time of her disappearance. After she went missing, a note from Christi, addressed to the other man, was found in the Nicholses' car. Christi wrote she would be leaving after Christmas, but promised to contact him within a few months. Investigators interviewed the man and he has been ruled out as a suspect in Christi's case. Mark took a polygraph about her disappearance in 1987, but the results were inconclusive.

Foul play is suspected in Christi's disappearance and it is classified as a homicide. Mark is the only suspect in her case. Trace amounts of blood was found on the floor of her bedroom, and in the trunk of Mark's 1977 Mercury Cougar. Authorities stated there was not enough blood to indicate Christi was dead. Mark told investigators it was menstrual blood, but analysis proved this statement was untrue.

This is courtasy of the following site: http://www.briansprediction.com/cp/c...s_christi.html

I too thought it seemed pretty obvious that the husband was guilty...he certainly didn't seem very heartbroken or concerned. I just hope she is at peace.

Also...now I understand crystaldawn's avatar!
Yes I wondered if people would recognize my avatar, its a picture of her that wasn't shown on the UM segment.

Thanks, I read that recently too and noticed the same things you did that I hadn't read before. The note to her "boyfriend" found in the Nichols' car telling him she would be leaving soon, I wonder if Mark found it and that was the trigger. I also notice it says blood was found in the house as well as the car, I only remember UM mentioning the car. No doubt in the hours when Mark dropped off the kids at the grandma's he was disposing of her body in a way that no one would find it....not yet anyway.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #14
dawnfla6aa2
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ididn'tdoit
Yes I totally agree with you, at one point he even giggles: I think he says something like:

Yeah this always bugged me. He just seemed so matter-of-fact as he discussed the rumors.
dawnfla6aa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #15
cmyweb
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Yes I wondered if people would recognize my avatar, its a picture of her that wasn't shown on the UM segment.
Thanks for confirming on the avatar...I kind of feel like I've solved my first mystery
cmyweb is offline   Reply With Quote