Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Joey Bishop Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Joey Bishop Show Photo Gallery

The Joey Bishop Show - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Joey Bishop Show - The Complete Second Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > The Joey Bishop Show

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Default All 4 Seasons of "The Joey Bishop Show" Available to Stream on Amazon Video

I just noticed that all four seasons of The Joey Bishop Show are on Amazon to stream. If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can watch the episodes. If you don't, then you have to pay for each season to be able to watch them. I don't know how much it is because I have a Prime account, but it's usually around $20 a season. Though it might be less for an older show. I don't know how they decide on a price.

I don't know how long the episodes originally ran for but I'm noticing the run times for the Amazon versions are between 24 and 25 minutes. I've already watched an episode and noticed it put back in some scenes which were cut from the DVDs (including the cold open). So it's already better than the DVD. (Correction: Season 1 is all 22 minutes, the other three seasons, however, are 24 to 25 minutes with one exception, "The Sultan's Gift in season 4 is an alarming 20 minutes!)

I much prefer DVDs, but this way allows you to watch the episodes either uncut or less cut than the SFM "official" DVD release.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
retroTVfan4ever

I noticed this too but I'm not going to pay Amazon's fee just to watch seasons 3 and 4 uncut. I'll hold on to my edited/syndicated recordings from Antenna TV and continue having a slim hope that the series will eventually get a proper DVD release with uncut episodes.

"The Sultan's Gift" run time of about 20 minutes, there must be some reason for a chunk of this episode to be cut, it also runs about 20 minutes in the Antenna TV airing.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #3
stevea
LITB/FKB Fan

For $20, they should provide you with a DVD.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
retroTVfan4ever

I don't know if the 1st season episodes will ever be seen uncut. All we might get are the edited versions that Antenna TV has been running.

Season 2 was previously released on DVD uncut, except for one episode "Joey's House Guest" that has a little bit missing at the beginning.

Seasons 3 and 4 need to be released uncut on DVD, maybe one day it will happen.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote