Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Here's Lucy links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Here's Lucy Photo Gallery

Here's Lucy - Season One

Buy Here's Lucy - Season One on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Two

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Two on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Three

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Three on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Four

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Four on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Five

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Five on DVD
Here's Lucy - Season Six

Buy Here's Lucy - Season Six on DVD
Here's Lucy - The Complete Series

Buy Here's Lucy - The Complete Series on DVD

Buy Here's Lucy - Best Loved Episodes from the Hit TV Series / Buy Here's Lucy - Best of Collection

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Here's Lucy

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-20-2002, 01:45 AM   #1
LucyFan
Still Loving Lucy!

Cool A Fan for How Many Years?

How many years have you been a fan of "Here's Lucy". Has it been that long or short?
LucyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 01:50 AM   #2
LucyFan
Still Loving Lucy!

I smile at answering this question because I consider myself lucky to even get to see this show, let alone one or two episodes. Thanks to PAX-TV, I was able to see "Here's Lucy" (for the first time!) on September 1st, 1998. And since then I have been a fan of the show. So, that is about little over three years of being a fan.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:35 PM   #3
Harry Carter
A Lucille Ball Fan
Occasional Poster

I have always been a Lucy fan but I have been a fan since I saw Mod, Mod Lucy on Aug. 31, 1998. I am almost positive that was the day PAX started.
Harry Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 12:42 AM   #4
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Well, whenever the reruns came on PAX, that's how long I've been a fan too. It gave me something to look forward to while I was holed up in that awful dorm my freshman year of college.
dawsongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 04:35 PM   #5
LucieFam
Frequent Poster

I think I first saw Here's Lucy in 1991, it proceeded I Love Lucy, which went off the air in 1991 and hasn't been back since. I managed to tape the whole thing, and am so glad I did!! Here in Australia, I Love Lucy is much more rare than Here's Lucy. Here's Lucy has been airing for about 2 years on a cable network, but no ILL since. I've always been a major fan of the show, and have even found old video recordings of me when I was about 11, singing and dancing and trying to recreate various musical numbers from Here's Lucy, so it's been a while. Embarrasing stuff. Needless to say, they're remaining under close guard in a locked vault, ha!

Thanks for asking! Laura
LucieFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 12:06 PM   #6
NCVARick
Frequent Poster

Default Re: A Fan for How Many Years?

Quote:
Originally posted by LucyFan
How many years have you been a fan of "Here's Lucy". Has it been that long or short?
Well I a little tot when it first went on the air in 1968, but my mother always watched and she controlled the TV at night. So I watched every week and enjoyed it. And ever since then, I've watched every opportunity I've had to watch. I would have to say I've been a fan since the very beginning in 1968, going on 34 years. Yikes!
NCVARick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:43 AM   #7
LucyFan
Still Loving Lucy!

Talking 5 years and still counting!

I have been a fan of this show for over five years. Sadly though, I am beginning to lose interest in it. Here's Lucy was holding up pretty well during the first couple of years, but things have change some, which it has lost of its appeal to me at this period in time. Hopefully, I will re-gain some of the interest that have already lost during the next upcoming years. Till then, I just plan on watching Here's Lucy only on occasion, if that.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 AM   #8
SPLAIN
I Love Lucy

Well, i was 18 when the show came on in '68, so i have been a fan the longest, geat show, she was the Queen of comedy and it showed, she got a reaction for just being around, and the kids added a new twist which was terrific.
SPLAIN is offline   Reply With Quote