Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 AM   #1
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Default Blair Adams

I hate to add yet another thread about this case, but I really hate reviving old threads because no one reads them once they have about 3 or 4 pages.

I watched the segment twice today, so I am basing my thoughts solely on UM.

One important thing I noticed right off is that Stack mentioned how Adams had become rather "pensive" and withdrawn and had periods of "fluctuating and irritable moods" a short while before his trek to Knoxville. As I had thought before, mental illness rings out like class A fireworks in the night sky here. It is not uncommon for schizophrenia, or other delusional and psychotic psychiatric disorders, to first present in the late 20's to early 30's. Adams was 31.

The other facts that I base the mental illness argument on are, well, everything about the case! I hate to recap it all, but every detail of it seems to support my idea:

Adams went to a friend's house at the wee hours in the morning to attempt to get her to take him across the border. Why not do this at a normal hour? He claimed someone was trying to kill him, but if this was the case, then how come the killer/s didn't knock him off in the ample time they had before his journey began?

Adams had no history of drug abuse, illicit affairs, or any other sort of life problems that could lead to him being subjected to a shady crowd of people that might result in his murder. He was never in the military, any type of police force, or in any type of organized crime. So, a "conspiracy" theory of some sort of illusive group of people following him around seems astronomically low. The notion that he was a "secret agent" or something to that effect is ridiculous.

Nothing about Adams' journey across the border and into the U.S. made any logical sense. Even if he really was being followed, his actions were still far too illogical to not be the result of disorganized or impaired thinking. Disorganized thinking is one of the primary symptoms of schizophrenia.

If Adams really was being stalked or threatened, then why didn't he simply go to the Police? This is one of the first flaws I noticed in the case. It's a simple yet effective observation, I think, that helps prove my point.

The plane ticket fiasco may be the ultimate kicker. He spent quite a bit of cash on a ticket to Germany. He went to the airport on the designated time of his flight, but instead of getting on the plane, he cashes his tickets in and rents a car instead. Then he drives across the border into Seattle. At some point in the NW U.S., he buys yet another plane ticket to Washington D.C. However, instead of spening $300 on a round trip ticket, he spends like $700 on a one way ticket!

Everywhere he stopped along the way, someone remembers his bizarre behavior. He acted paranoid and agitated everywhere he went.

The check-in at the hotel. The camera showed a very ill man in my eyes. He came in and left the lobby 5 times in one hour before finally paying for a room. After he pays for the room, he immediately leaves the lobby without ever going up to his room. He never used the room. I don't know about you, but if I was being stalked, I wouldn't be acting that abnormal and disorganized. I might be scared, but there would be some logic to my actions. I wouldn't be buying tickets to Germany and then cancelling them, I wouldn't walk around a hotel five times before paying for a room that I never planned on using.

The fact that he gave the gas station attendant a key to a car he wasn't even driving. This is odd and bizarre. After he was murdered, Robert Stack said "and suddenly the key to the other car reappeared ten feet from his body." It didn't "reappear," it wasn't lost in the first place!

He has no connections to east Tennessee. Why go to Knoxville? Was he just eager to donate his body to the body farm? (ok, ok, bad joke). If I was being stalked, I would probably not go to a strange town, but rather go somewhere out of state where I had relatives or friends.

Nothing that this man did, as the cops rightly said, makes any sense, even for a man who might really have been running. Extreme and irrational paranoia, disorganized thinking (having no coherent plan), delusions that someone is out to get him -- these are all classic signs of schizophrenic disorders.

Now, the fact he was probably murdered does seem to give the detractors to the mentall illness theory some ammo. However, it really doesn't prove that he was being stalked. All it proves was that he was probably murdered. I think the whole thing was just a weird and unusual self-fulfilling prophecy; that is, what he feared most happened to him. There are many other people who do the things Mr. Adams did all the time -- who run away in fear that someone is out to get them -- but you never hear about them because they are never actually murdered. The fact he was murdered does NOT imply his fears were rational or reality induced. That would be a jump of reason that would not be syllogistic. In other words, B does not necessarily follow A, even though it appears, upon specious examination, that it might.

What happened, I think, is that someone took advantage of him or perhaps he got into a fight with someone (he was very paranoid afterall) and was accidentally hit too hard in the stomach and killed. Either that or it was a robbery gone bad. Yeah, I know all that money was beside the body, but it is possible someone attempted to rob him and then later realized they had killed him, so they fled in fear of what had happened before they got a chance to pick the money up. Or perhaps, they fled because some bystander was getting too close and they didn't want to be IDed.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, in this man's life gives even the slightest hint that any of his delusions were based in reality.

Anyone remember the segment about the young man who went to a small airport demanding a ride on a plane? The witnesses said that he needed a ride because people were out to get him and he seemed extremely agitated. Anyway, he jumped on a wing of a moving plane and fell off and died. When I saw the case, I immediately thought what I am thinking about the Adams case: the poor guy was psychotic. UM never updated the airplane case, but the case has been solved. A few years after the story aired, a woman from another state saw the report and thought it might be her missing son. Her son had ran away from home several years earlier and never returned. He was schizophrenic and had been off his meds. The body was identified as his. I think the Adams case is almost identical to that one, but with the strange coincidence of the man really being murdered.

From the national institute of mental health:

Schizophrenia:

People with schizophrenia may hear voices other people don't hear or they may believe that others are reading their minds, controlling their thoughts, or plotting to harm them. These experiences are terrifying and can cause fearfulness, withdrawal, or extreme agitation.

As you see, Adams exhibited all signs of this. The real travesty here is that people took his delusions as being the result of physical reality. If he would have been hospitalized early on, he would still be alive. There needs to be much more awareness about this. People die because their families refuse to think anything may be medically wrong (due to either ignorance or fear of stigma). The fact is that 1% of the world has this disorder; that is about 3,000,000 people in the U.S. alone.
Thiussat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
ForeverPluto
Frequent Poster

What you said makes a lot of sense. The one thing that always perplexes me about his case was that key. Remember, he and a service attendant looked high and low for that key. In fact, he even made Blair empty out all his pockets but the key to his Nissan was never found. Next morning, when Blair's body was found, lo and behold, there is the key which mysteriously turns up a few feet away from his body.
ForeverPluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 AM   #3
Chris Billings
Frequent Poster

Thiussat makes many good points.

Nothing Blair Adams did over the course of his strange odyssey makes sense to me. The plane ticket, the attempts to cross the border, his behavior at the hotel, etc. Nothing adds up.

I can see where some people would believe foul play was involved. It would certainly make the story more compelling. But the reality is occasionally people die indirectly or directly as a result of a psychiatric disorder. I know, I live near the Golden Gate Bridge and each year a dozen or so people jump off, falling to their deaths. Could they have been pushed or thrown off as part of a robbery, or revenge killing, or drug deal gone wrong? Sure, but most are not murdered. They jump off the bridge, commiting suicide because they are suffering from a mental disease known as depression. Its that simple, that boring.

So, am I totally screwed up on this one? (as usual LOL) Lets hear from everyone!

Take care,
Christopher
Chris Billings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

As a person who holds a degree in Psychology, I do think that a lot of good points have been raised. It's very true that Blair Adams could have suffered from schizophrenia. I'm not sure if there was a family history, but I do believe it usually passes down from the mother's side. It would be worth looking into to see if there is a history of mental health illnesses in Blair's family.

Didn't one of Blair's friends post on here before and mention that there WAS a shady character in Blair's life? I think it had something to do with an ex-girlfriend and if my memory serves correctly, after we asked a bunch of questions, the person disappeared.

I do feel that Blair was most likely murdered, but I am unclear as to why the money was left... and why he was found with his pants inside out and whatnot.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #5
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Ricci,

Thanks for the response. I, like you, am a little confounded about the murder. Robbery makes no sense, unless the robbery was interrupted by something. I think it may be possible that Adams, in a delusional state, may have said something to the wrong person and ended up in a fight and was accidentally murdered.

I am no psychologist and would never diagnose someone I have never met (even if I was a shrink), but the signs and symptoms here seem compelling to me. I have been around many mentally ill people due to various friends I have that work in the mental health field. I know schizophrenia when I see it. It seems to me to be one of the most easily recognizable mental disorders.

I don't want to say anything about his family in a public forum, since I am not positive of my suspicion, but if you want to PM me, I will elaborate. I am basing my suspicion on the UM segment, as I have no personal knowledge of him or his family.

Take care.
Thiussat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
StackTime
The primer is grey
Frequent Poster

I'd like to point out that it's possible that Blair intentionally hid the key from the man helping him with his car, especially if he, amid his delusions, thought that he needed to shake someone by staging the whole car/key incident. The same disorganized thought that prompted his travels likely made him more vulnerable to the murder, whatever the motive was - our organized thinking often keeps us out of dangerous situations. Sometimes schizophrenics are murder victims, too...
StackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Mastermind

One of the things that i tend to dispute with this case is that Blair Adams ". behavior was "bizzare". When compared to the Wackers and Cindy James, i feel that Blair Adams activity was very much like how a person who was trying to run away from people trying to kill him (and guess what? He was right! People did kill him). You first idea is to get away and not stay where you are. There is a logic to what Blair was doing

1. Blair was prepared to lam it. He brought sufficient money and jewels to sell.
2. He quit his job in preparation for being on the lam.
3. Blair at first was trying to get someone to help him Cross the Border. In fact if you thing about the first objective was to cross the american-Canadian border. When your in trouble in the US, the first thing that most people do is cross the Mexican Border first. I imagine its the same in Canad
4. I don;t know why people say buying a one-way ticket is so bizzare. I could be wrong but didn't the 9-11 terrorists do the same thing? If Blair had no recourse about coming back to US or Canada, it would make sense that he wasn't that concerned about cost saving and more about escape.
5. If someone were to look into Blairs activities, you might have assumed looking at the records of Blair buying a one-way ticket to Germany, that Blair left there for good. That seems like a perfect diversion in my opinion.
6. Of all the east coast cities, to go to, he decides on Washington D.C.. Not NY, Philadelphia, Miami, Boston, or Atlanta. He choses the nerve center of the countries, political, military, federal crimes organizations. Even when he goes to Knoxville, he is still within driven range of the capitol.
7. Looking and waiting constantly before entering the lobby, is not unusual behavior if you think you could killed or arrested at any moment. One might call his activities cautious. Waiting to see if there was a police setup or if there was someone watching the lobby.
8. Just becaue your paranoid
9. Blairs injuries are very consistent with the classic, two people hold him up, while a third punches him in the stomach.
10. Just cause your paranoid doesn;t mean, nobody is out to get you. If you were on the lam and thought you could be killed any moment you would also exhibit symptoms that people would associate with mentally disturbed individuals.
11. Blair Adams, was right to be scared. He was killed just like he thought at the end of his trek. Regardless whether he was mentally impaired. He was murdered and someone is getting away with his murder. It seems just unlikely to me that he was killed out of random occurence.
12. I am not 100% on this, but i have heard that spreading of the money over the body was doing several times in Europe in cases involving organized crime. Can someone verify that?

Iwhat happened to Blair.

1. He was involved at some point either intentionally or unintentionally in some form of organized crime or espionage.

Blair's flight was prompted by:
1. screwed up in some way and that was beyond fixing (messed up a package, missed a count, lost money, etc..).
2. Something personal involved with a girlfriend, wife of someone in (maybe even a homosexual relation) organized crime. This would explain the pulling down of the pants.
3. Blair at some point decided to be a snitch on an a criminal or espionage organization. At some point Blair was either killed because he was an informant or for some other reason.
4. Another unique possibility is that Blair was responsible for an murder or crime that was undiscovered by the police. Hence Blair was running from the police rather than a criminal organization.

What happened IMHO, was that Blair once things got bad with this organization decided to cross the border and see if things could settle down. When Blair couldn;t get someone to drive him across the border, Blair wanted someone else to drive him to the border to avoid his car being followed or traced. Blair probably figured that he could cross back into Canada at anytime and the orginization would think he fled perhaps to Germany. When Blair couldn;t get someone to take him to the border, Blair had to make more long term plans to be on the lam. Hence he prepared, quit his job, got cash as well as valuables to sell.

Once Blair crossed the border, Blair either decided to go to Germany to either hide or meet with the criminal organization he was a part of, or perhaps it was a ruse. At this point Blair decided to go to Washington DC, for perhaps to meet his handler, or try to be a snitch, or perhaps he same DC as safe haven from the organziation. The mafia has always tried to avoid the DC area.

Then Blair decided to meet the organization in Knoxville. Perhaps as an informant or perhaps to see if he could rectify his situation. Whatever it was, it ended badly with the members attacking him. Their purpose was not to kill Blair but to exact retribution and set an example of him. If they wanted to kill him they could have slit his throat or shot him. What happened was that the blows to his stomach were severe enough to kill him. In any regard the members of this organization were probably not upset with this outcome.

Hence the that is where Blairs trek ends.

JMHO.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
Brianna3
Occasional Poster

Since Blair was so mentally out of it, I don't think it was organized crime but something random. Anyone as peculiar as this fellow was going to be noticed by some other kooks looking for a victim. Maybe they were interuppted after accosting Blair in the dark, thus everything strewn around.

This case is so sad and Blair is one of many in the UM caseloads of normal people who seem to lose it and lose their lives: the guy driving the semi in the mountains later found dead and all those who walk away from their cars into the desert or mountains and are also found dead. Somethings snaps and they may be a permanent unsolved mystery.
Brianna3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #9
MegtheEgg86

As a Knoxvillian, I'd like to share some background info, particularly about the site where Blair was found.

That hotel, then under construction, is in an area known as Strawberry Plains. It's a rather remote area of Knoxville that borders rural Sevier County (where part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is located). In 1996, Strawberry Plains was a very undeveloped part of Knox County, and hotels and restuarants were just beginning to be built up in great capacity there. It seems quite natural for a man---either paranoid schizophrenic or truly on the run---to end up there. It was secluded, a little forgettable, and out-of-the-way. As well, to the immediate west of Strawberry Plains lies downtown Knoxville and the area just outside the campus of the University of Tennessee---both very well known for their transients, prostitutes, and generally shady characters who often come out at night looking for trouble. Going on Thiussat's theories, it isn't at all implausible to think that Blair met up with someone from what we call "the Old City" who just happened to drift over to Strawberry Plains that night.

Last year I was able to find some articles in the News-Sentinel archives about the case, which I posted in a separate thread on here---they're easily found with a search. A security guard working in a nearby business around 3 AM the morning Blair was discovered reported hearing a scream at that same time, described as that of a woman. I tend to believe "the scream" is connected to the murder, as that is consistent with the estimated time of death. But who's the woman?

As a side note, it wasn't until October of last year that the Blair Adams case was listed on the Knox County Sheriff's website in the Cold Case section. Why that was, I have no idea. The Blair Adams case is easily one of the strangest murder cases in our immediate area in years:

http://www.knoxsheriff.org/content/view/201/44/

(Nevermind their calling it "Strawplains" on the Knox Co site. It's local slang.)

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #10
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
He has no connections to east Tennessee. Why go to Knoxville? Was he just eager to donate his body to the body farm? (ok, ok, bad joke)
Dr. Bass would not approve.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #11
Mastermind

Quote:
Since Blair was so mentally out of it, I don't think it was organized crime but something random. Anyone as peculiar as this fellow was going to be noticed by some other kooks looking for a victim. Maybe they were interuppted after accosting Blair in the dark, thus everything strewn around.
Why pull his pants down, then? That would have taken as much time as it would be to steal his money and valuables.

I say this, has there been an evidence other than his behavior that Blair was mentally incapacitated?

Wouldn;t every one agree that the reason we think that Blair was mentally incapacitated was because we don;t have a reason for his activity?
Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Why pull his pants down, then? That would have taken as much time as it would be to steal his money and valuables.

I say this, has there been an evidence other than his behavior that Blair was mentally incapacitated?

Wouldn;t every one agree that the reason we think that Blair was mentally incapacitated was because we don;t have a reason for his activity?
I used to firmly believe Blair Adams was pursued and murdered by an organized group, and some aspects of the case, like the pants Mastermind mentions, do point in that direction, I think. But Thiussat raises some great points, and I'd honestly never thought of the possibility that a mentally ill, vulnerable Adams may have run into the wrong transient, as there are many of them not very far away from the area he was in (as a matter of fact, I saw many in that vicinity just this very morning). About a quarter of the homeless in the U.S. are mentally ill. I hate to make such a sweeping generalization, but perhaps that may explain the bizarre crime scene.

So now I'm on the fence. I think Mastermind raises a good point: because we can't explain his behavior, there must be something wrong with him. But some of his actions and thoughts are awfully textbook.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #13
Mastermind

Why would a guy, who was afraid for his life, enough so to potentially cross three countries, choose to just go to a deserted, dangerouse area in a rural part of a state he has no connection to?

Blair was afraid to even step in a motel. So no he drives off into Knoxville, Tenn and decides to wander around in a desolate area with rough transients that could very well be working for those people in his crazed mind. People that could kill him very much like the invisible demons he's thinking about in his head.

I think mental illness or not, blair would only go to Knoxville unless he felt it was ABSOLUTELY necessary for him to do so. Such as in he had to meet someone there.

I think the big question that needs to be answered by everyone is this?

Was Blair Adams trek a mindless journey across the US?
or was there a logic and destination to his journey?

I propose the later, that Blairs ultimate destination was either Germany (a country he knew well and had stayed in) or Washington DC ( the home to most of the US law enforcement and military agencies as well as the US political structure) For some reason he chose Washington DC instead off Germany. Knoxville, IMHO was a detour that Blair had to make for some important reason. It was this reason that ultimately killed him.

People question who did Blair know in Knoxville, TN. I want to know, who did Blair know in Washington, DC?

I also believe the key to solving this mystery is in Blair's life in Germany. I will bet my right hand that there is someone that Blair knew in Germany who was associated with organized crime or espionage there. I think Blair got involved with something that

And i bring this again, Blairs first action and desire was to cross the border of US-Canada. He tried it twice. If Blair was crazy he could have just wandered off into Manitoba, Alberta, etc and crossed the border any time he wanted and go to DC or Germany from Canada anytime he wanted.

For some reason Blair could not began his mad trek until he crossed the US border. I ask this, what could make crossing the border so important to him that he couldn;t just go on his journey right then?

There is too much logic to where and how Blair travelled for me to assume his trek was mindless and devoid of reason.

Now, i will conceed to the possibility that Blair in his crazy mind thought he was some secret agent that was being chased by the Russians or someone. That is possible. But again, Blair never showed any signs of mental illness or insanity prior to his desire to cross the border or his voicing that people were trying to kill him.

I also would say a big clue in all of this is the fact that Blair was not stabbed or shot or bludgeoned on the head. He was hit by blows to the stomach, most likely fists. And he was not robbed. His pants were pulled down. That has all the earmarks of the attack being a message/warning for Blair. Unfortunately it was the last warning he would ever get.

The fact that it was a struggle leans toward more than one person. I could be wrong but wasn;t Blair a fairly heavyset person?

Last edited by Mastermind; 03-08-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #14
MegtheEgg86

My dad always theorized that Blair either went to get help or protection from some agency in D.C., or was going there to "hide" in a large metropolitan area. He thinks he got spooked for some reason or another (much like he had in earlier instances, with the border crossing attempts and the plane tickets) and decided to head south. That's what we don't get though--why Knoxville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
The fact that it was a struggle leans toward more than one person. I could be wrong but wasn;t Blair a fairly heavyset person?
I never thought to think of that. That's a good point. He was a pretty big guy, and a construction worker as well. He probably would've put up a tough fight. Someone would've had to restrain him while another delivered the blows.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
Mastermind

Quote:
That's what we don't get though--why Knoxville?
Desolate area, smaller city, out of the reach of the eyes of the US govt or any one else. Transients there tend to mind their own business. Perfect area for illegal or covert activity. Within driving distance of DC.

IMHO, it wasn;t Blair that chose Knoxville, it was whoever he was supposed to meet there that chose it, Poor Blair, probably knew at that moment that it was game over and that would be his last stop.

Sorry for the long posts and passion on this subject, but this case has really being bugging me ever since I watched it. It;s better than reading an Agatha Christie novel