Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #241
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehsip
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
10:00 PM - 11:00 PM Body of Proof (R)

Tuesday, February 19, 2013
10:00 PM - 11:00 PM Body of Proof (Season Premiere)
In addition...

9:30PM Happy Endings (all-new, special time)
[Apt. 23 will not air on this date.]

Tuesday, February 5, 2013
9:00-11:00PM The Bachelor (TBD, special)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013
9:00-10:30PM ET ABC News: The State of the Union (LIVE!)
10:30PM Modern Family (R, special night)

Updated day-by-day: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...12&postcount=2
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #242
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

With the change of a second Happy Endings at 9:30pm on Jan. 29, I'm thinking Don't Trust the B---- is pulled. Feb. 5 and 12 both comedies are preempted (for a Bachelor special on 2/5 and State of the Union on 2/12), and both are slated to return Feb. 19 for five weeks, but I'm guessing Don't Trust the B---- will not and they'll double pump Happy Endings from 9-10pm. And what do you know, Happy Endings has 10 episodes left after Jan. 29 is completed, so they could finish the season with episodes 13-22 from Feb. 19-Mar. 19.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #243
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Malibu Country has really improved since the first 3 episodes. I would like to see it paired with The Middle for the fall 2013 lineup.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #244
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Once Upon a Time was hurt by football and hit a season low. ABC should have saved yesterday's episode for next week.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #245
Buffyboy323

The only sitcom I watch on ABC is Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23. Of course, the show has been "pulled" from the schedule.
Buffyboy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #246
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Summer update:

Saturday, June 15, 2013
8:00-10:00PM Troupe Stars (two-hour series premiere)

Saturdays, Beginning June 22, 2013
8:00PM Troupe Stars (all-new)

This is a military personnel singing competition.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #247
Rehsip
Frequent Poster

Saturday, February 2, 2013
8:00 PM - 8:30 PM Last Man Standing (R)
8:30 PM - 11:00 PM ABC Saturday Movie of the Week: War of the Worlds (R)
Rehsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #248
benjamoon
Bewitched

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
Once Upon a Time was hurt by football and hit a season low. ABC should have saved yesterday's episode for next week.
As usual, ABC makes boneheaded schedule moves. They schedule their dramas against the Golden Globes and the Championship Game but then give them a week off against the Pro Bowl before returning against the Grammys. At the very least, I would schedule them this week and take the Grammys night off.

My favorite TV shows: Bewitched, I Love Lucy, American Dreams, Mary Tyler Moore, The Office, Happy Days, The West Wing, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, and Friends
benjamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #249
Milkamplifier
Frequent Poster

But, that kind of one-week-on/one-week-off type of schedule is exactly what people were complaining about last year (at least when it comes to Revenge). If ABC didn't run Sunday dramas against the Globes, the Championship game and the Grammys, they would end up with this schedule:

Jan 06 New
Jan 13 Off [Golden Globes]
Jan 20 Off [Championship Game]
Jan 27 New
Feb 03 Off [Superbowl]
Feb 10 Off [Grammys]
Feb 17 New
Feb 24 Off [Academy Awards]

And all that after a month-long holiday break in December. You can't do that with serialized dramas. Something's gotta give. They're airing 3 episodes in a row and then 2 pivotal episodes back-to-back during the sweeps, sandwiched between Superbowl and the Oscars, and it's really the best they can do with it.

The only alternative would be taking the shows off air for 3 months and splitting them into two 11-episode batches. But then they'd be off air during the February sweeps, plus people would then complain about the in-season break killing their momentum. Whatever ABC does, people will always complain and the network will always be the bad guys.

Last edited by Milkamplifier; 01-25-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Milkamplifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #250
Rehsip
Frequent Poster

10:00 PM - 11:00 PM Jimmy Kimmel Live (R)

Wednesday, February 20, 2013
10:00 PM - 11:00 PM Mad About Oscar with Katie Couric: A Special Edition of 20/20
Rehsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #251
Zedman2
Frequent Poster

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...257CLatestNews

'Jimmy Kimmel Live' receives primetime exposure

Thursday's 'hijack' episode to air at 10 p.m. Tuesday
By Stuart Levine

Thursday's episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live," in which the host was "highjacked" and replaced by Matt Damon, will receive primetime exposure Tuesday.

"JKL" will air at 10 p.m., replacing Dana Delany starrer "Body of Proof."

Talkshow has been receiving plenty of buzz lately with its move to 11:35 p.m. from midnight, and a ratings uptick since shifting directly against longtime latenight hosts David Letterman and Jay Leno.

Guests appearing on the special Kimmel episode include Ben Affleck, Nicole Kidman, Amy Adms and Reese Witherspoon. Among the metered markets, the show drew its best ratings in households since the Jan. 8 move.

Alphabet also had a good daytime Thursday when talkshow "Katie" drew its best household number since the September debut. Ratings were spiked because host Katie Couric interviewed Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o about his relationship with a girlfriend who turned out never to exist.
Zedman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #252
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkamplifier
But, that kind of one-week-on/one-week-off type of schedule is exactly what people were complaining about last year (at least when it comes to Revenge). If ABC didn't run Sunday dramas against the Globes, the Championship game and the Grammys, they would end up with this schedule:

Jan 06 New
Jan 27 New
Feb 03 Off [Superbowl]
Feb 10 Off [Grammys]
Feb 17 New

And all that after a month-long holiday break in December. You can't do that with serialized dramas. Something's gotta give. They're airing 3 episodes in a row and then 2 pivotal episodes back-to-back during the sweeps, sandwiched between Superbowl and the Oscars, and it's really the best they can do with it.

The only alternative would be taking the shows off air for 3 months and splitting them into two 11-episode batches. But then they'd be off air during the February sweeps, plus people would then complain about the in-season break killing their momentum. Whatever ABC does, people will always complain and the network will always be the bad guys.
Exactly. 100% agree. They can't take an entire sweep off with shows like Once and Revenge which give them a lot of ad money. Affiliates would also be pissed off. I honestly don't know what they could do with Sundays in Jan-Feb. Jan. 27 is the SAG Awards and I don't know the exact reason why Sunday shows aren't new that week, but I know there is a reason they tell me. I would for sure air them in Feb sweeps on the 10th (Grammy or not, it's sweeps and Sunday is already preempted twice) and 17th. Down or not, nothing you can really do. And then in March DST returns.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #253
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Primetime Nightline is starting in April on Fridays at 9. The comedies will likely have their season finales at the end of March so Shark Tank would likely slide back down to 8pm for April/May.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #254
benjamoon
Bewitched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkamplifier

Jan 06 New
Jan 27 New
Feb 03 Off [Superbowl]
Feb 10 Off [Grammys]
Feb 17 New

Read this column - I didn't write but I wholeheartedly agree. The scheduling issue is a few paragraphs down but I agree with the whole column. There's always so much defense and promotion of ABC on this site but they truly make the worst scheduling moves of any network year in and year out. It was only this year that they finally stopped airing new programming on Thanksgiving Eve and the excuse was always "well its during sweeps"... apparently until this year when they finally made the right call

http://bigtvfan.wordpress.com/2013/0...venge-problem/
benjamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #255
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
Jan. 27 is the SAG Awards and I don't know the exact reason why Sunday shows aren't new that week, but I know there is a reason they tell me.
Air new episodes against a low rated cable awards show or the 2nd highest rated football game of the year. seems like a no-brainer to me...