Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #61
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste-E
Some of the facts that you all have are a little off.

Johnny's last name is Gray - not sure where Fish came from.

Terry Steinhoff was a former babysitter of ours. His murder victim was unknown to us. He tried to hit on her and she brushed him off, he didn't like it so he followed her when she left work and killed her. Totally unrelated to my brother.
welcome to the forum! I am sorry about your daughter and brother, and hope these are resolved someday.

Johnny Fish may have been a name created by someone from UM to help protect the identity of the witness: they do that on occasion.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #62
boco357
Not Muhammad Ali
Frequent Poster

I think we would have known more if the setence on Steinhoff was a little more stern.
I read,he was given 10 years to life, he probably believed he would get out on parole if he kept quiet.

Maybe he told a story to a "little birdie" in jail.

You had mentioned you believe one of the cousins David was drenched in blood that was depicted on UM and believed he was involved.
If so he's the key to the case now, IMO.
Do you know of any problems with the law? Was he more of a lackey of Steinhoff's?

www.fatty357.com
boco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #63
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

wow, this is great having s'te here. I felt horrible for your mother during the segment not knowing what had happened. I always found it odd that the police didn't question or look more into johnny (gray) after the incident, with him having the freakout afterwards, obviously he knew something. Also, the man drenched with blood, too many factors that say this should have quickly been solved. Obviously these things aren't a coincidence, and he didn't run away with the carnival. Anyways, it would be great to have this case solved and have an update on the upcoming unsolved mysteries on spike.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #64
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

Default UM segment

I went back and read some of the older threads about Jeremy and noticed that someone had converted it to DVD. Does that person still post here? I'd be interested in getting a copy of it. The tape that we have is the original one that we recorded the first time it came out. My Mom hasn't played it in a long time as she is afraid that it might break and was told that she can't convert it to DVD as it is copyrighted.

Also I saw mention that it's on YouTube but couldn't find it there.
Ste-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #65
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boco357
I think we would have known more if the setence on Steinhoff was a little more stern.
I read,he was given 10 years to life, he probably believed he would get out on parole if he kept quiet.

Maybe he told a story to a "little birdie" in jail.

You had mentioned you believe one of the cousins David was drenched in blood that was depicted on UM and believed he was involved.
If so he's the key to the case now, IMO.
Do you know of any problems with the law? Was he more of a lackey of Steinhoff's?
My Mom said it could have been Hoyt Richardson or David Steinhoff. I know that David has been in and out of jail.

Terry went before the parole board three times but was denied parole all three times. The detectives also believe that the reason he never said anything is because he had the possibility of getting out. At one point he wanted a transfer to another facility and the detective was going to use that as leverage but the transfer was made without his knowledge.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #66
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
wow, this is great having s'te here. I felt horrible for your mother during the segment not knowing what had happened. I always found it odd that the police didn't question or look more into johnny (gray) after the incident, with him having the freakout afterwards, obviously he knew something. Also, the man drenched with blood, too many factors that say this should have quickly been solved. Obviously these things aren't a coincidence, and he didn't run away with the carnival. Anyways, it would be great to have this case solved and have an update on the upcoming unsolved mysteries on spike.
The Myrtle Point police were a joke. When my Mom went to the police chief that Saturday she was told that he would be back when the carnival packed up. Family and friends started putting up posters. On Sunday after the fair packed up and left my Mom went BACK to the police chief and was told that they had to wait 72 hours after the report was filed before they could do anything So Jeremy was gone for a week before ANYTHING at all was looked into and the PC was sure that Jeremy was a runaway so they really didn't do anything. The case was turned over after 3 MONTHS to the sheriff's department who then started really working the case but by then 3 months had passed. They couldn't do anything until they were asked since it was in the MP police dept jurisdiction. My Mom and I believe that IF they had listened and done something from the very beginning that we would not be here 21 years later with no answers
Old 01-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #67
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

I gave my Mom the link to this thread so I think she may show up and be willing to answer some questions. Her memory from that time is much better than mine.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #68
DianeB
Occasional Poster

I've shown up. I had no idea this site was even here - I use search engines regularly but have not ever seen it. Like my daughter, I cannot find the utube thing. I'm not really good at finding such things and would appreciate a link.

I am amazed and WOW!! I didn't think there was anyone out there that cared - except for close family and friends. Thank you all for caring. At this point I cannot express myself well - I've just used an entire box of tissues.

All I can say right now is Thank you.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #69
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeB
I've shown up. I had no idea this site was even here - I use search engines regularly but have not ever seen it. Like my daughter, I cannot find the utube thing. I'm not really good at finding such things and would appreciate a link.

I am amazed and WOW!! I didn't think there was anyone out there that cared - except for close family and friends. Thank you all for caring. At this point I cannot express myself well - I've just used an entire box of tissues.

So nice to have you here Diane B! I enjoyed seeing your avatar as well. I don't believe the story is on that site anymore but I believe someone from the board contacted Ste-E today about making her a copy so I can guarantee that won't be a problem for you to get.

Any thoughts on how Jeremy's segment was portrayed on UM? Was there anything on there you didn't like or was everything portrayed on there pretty much accurate? I ask that because they sometimes like to overdramatize certain parts of stories for effect. Anything else you'd like to tell us about his case, we'd love to hear.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #70
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Quote:

Glad that you found this site. Your son's case has always upset me, I always connect more with the cases of younger people. I liked the way you came across on UM, you seemed very stern and determined to solve this case, and I admire that. Hopefully this case will be solved soon.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #71
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Wow! All this great stuff has happened today!
Welcome Diane and St'e!
How wonderful for you to come speak to us.
Yes, we care, and this is a favorite segment around here to discuss. I pray that the closure you deserve is on the way.

God bless you and thanks for the info!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #72
wiseguy182

Quote:

Hello Diane, it is wonderful to have you and S'Te posting here. I am very sorry for what your family has had to go through, I hope this is resolved someday. We all care for Jeremy, you and your family

I do have a question, how would you say Myrtle Point is like? I did have some guests from Myrtle Point stay at my hotel last year, but while I recognized the name of the place, I didn't realize the significance of it until after they left, so unfortunately I didn't get to ask them about it. I remember that they were shocked that I had heard of it because it is such a small town, and is so far away in terms of where we were (in Michigan).
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #73
GaryJ06
Frequent Poster

Welcome Diane and St'E...very glad to have you here! I, like everyone else here hope that there is some resolution soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

GaryJ
GaryJ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #74
DianeB
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I do have a question, how would you say Myrtle Point is like?

Myrtle Point is a small town. It could in no way be described as even a small city. It has a clam, slow, settled, safe aura about it. It has 2 stoplights, 3 schools, a motel, 2 markets, several churches, etc. It is about 25 miles from the ocean. It is a more a ranching and logging community than anything else. The kids learn to drive tractors and hay trucks, they work in the hay fields or helping friends do thier "chores" by helping to feed, hay, clean stalls, feed calves, etc. It is a very friendly town. I was born in Myrtle Point, S'te was born in a neighboring town as Myrtle Point no longer had a hospital. But we lived there. Jeremy knew and loved almost everyone in town. And Everyone knew and loved Jeremy. We had lots of family in and around Mrytle Point. The town had several "activities" throughout the year with the County Fair being the largest by far. Months went into the preserves, crafts, 4H animals for showing, and of course the rides, games, and the large number of people that came into town. I'm not sure just what the Fair consists of now - I haven't been to it since 1988 when they filmed the UM there. That made the news in Coos County!!! That the UM crew was there. . .

The ranchers are up at daylight doing what they do and the loggers are up way before that. They have to be on the job (sometimes an hour or more from town) by daylight to start work. Many loggers left MP by 4 am or so every weekday morning and many Saturdays during the summer - unless your company was lucky enough to have a "stand" with rocked roads - loggers didn't work when it rained. From Octobers' end until after Easter. So MP was a hard workers town. Hard workers and hard players. I'm sure the alcholhism rate there is above the national average and I've heard that the drug manufacturing is rampant now (not then). When the environmentalists saved all the forests - they forgot about all the families that were employed by them. Both in the woods, in the mills, as truck drivers, and in trickle down jobs. But I get off of the subject because most of this happened in the early 90's - after we left.

I visit spots in Myrtle Point each year. There were/are so many different stories and rumors about where/how/when Jeremy was gone that I just can't spend a lot of time there - I don't know who I look at that knows something that they aren't telling or who looks like they should know something but really doesn't.

When I do visit - everyone is really sweet and always asks if there has been any news. They know if there had been - it would've been in/on the news from Eugene (MP doesn't have a tv station) or in the Coos Bay World Newspaper. People are uncomfortable with me - as I am with them. I have not lived in MP since Jeremy has been gone.

To answer some of the questions or observances in the prior postings:

I spoke to Jeremy just before 5 on Aug 14th, 1986. That date and conversation will never leave my mind. . I told Jeremy that I would be there Saturday morning and that I would be working for our Uncle during the morning parade and again after the rodeo that evening. Ole was a logger and left for work between 3 and 4 am. He worked that Saturday. I got to MP just as the Parade started and ran to work - I saw several of Jeremy's friends and S'te came in (she knew where I would be). I put the word out that I wanted to see Jeremy too. It used to be all I had to do. Even the days before cell phones - the kids would say to each other - "your mom wants you" and that was good. At least until they got 15/16 or older. S'te watched the parade and we went back to Ole's - she said she hadn't seen him since the fair. Ole finally got back from the woods and said that he didn't check on Friday morning to see if he was home before he left at 3/4 am - but knew he wasn't there on Sat morning. Ole said he "figured that he just decided to stay at Robbie or Johnny's until you got here". Ole thought maybe Jeremy had stayed at the fair late Thursday and decided to wait and face me instead of him. I went to the MP Police both Saturdayd afternon and again after the bar closed Satuday night (I worked that night) - and S'te has told you the rest. The "large amount of space" is a huge time frame. From the time I spoke with him on Thursday until I couldn't find him on Saturday. EVERYONE in MP saw him on Thursday, he did some odd jobs for our Aunt that afternoon before he called me. He never went back to her for her money. I don't eveb remember anything special about his watch. I don't remember. I still have the wallet, school ID, etc but I don't have his watch. And he was always leaving it at home - he wasn't used to carrying a wallet - he had just turned 14 in May. He never even made it to high school.

Not long after Jeremy was gone (maybe a year or 2) there was a terrible car accident that killed 4 of his good friends. So anything they might have known is forever gone. Johnny has been in absolute torment since Jeremy has been gone, I don't know whatever happened to Robbie. Ole died several years ago. My Mom died just before the UM segment aired - so she never even saw it. S'te has had to live with less than 1/2 of a Mom for years. I still have a hard time with my own guilt. If I hadn't let them go - - But maybe now that Terry has died in prison - maybe someone will tell. Sgt Zanni (who was part of he massive budget cut layoff) is as convinced as the earlier Dectives that not many people ever really did know or were witness to anything. They have pretty much ruled out the scenarios that were shown on UM - but those were the most "popular" at the time of the segment. I don't know how those 2 particlar scenrios got picked -

I will try to answer any other questions that you have. I pray that we find him and put him to rest - he was a child -
a big child - but he still was naive young teen. All of the missing children deserve to be found - this sick aspect of our society that hurts others need to be . . . . . . I don't know what ! ! ! ! !

Last edited by DianeB; 01-11-2008 at 10:10 AM.
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #75
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

I grew up in a town JUST like that, (moved from there to Dallas TX so it's quite a change!) and I guarantee it, someone knows what happened to Jeremy. This is the kind of town where you know everyone's business and they know yours. It's such a shame, and I pray that now, with the new developments, someone will come forward.
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote