Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #151
welshman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by economistman192
Actually, UM profiled many talented psychics who helped solve cases including Dorothy Allison, John Catchings and Nancy Myer to name a few - if you are a fan, you'd know that. You're entitled to your opinion, and you may not agree with my observations, but I ask that you be respectful. I feel it doesn't matter where the ideas or theories come from, if it furthers the discussion and stays within the guidelines, it may bring us closer to resolving a case. The only reason I included that in this post is that I'm referencing things in my post that weren't part of the episode, and I wanted forum members to know where my speculation comes from.
No actually UM didn't profile any talented psychics, I am a fan and that's how I know, I'll be respectable to everyone who doesn't try to promote themselves here or delude vulnerable people. I don't mind people talking about psychics on the show but I see what you were doing as personal promotion which I disagree with.
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #152
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman
No actually UM didn't profile any talented psychics, I am a fan and that's how I know, I'll be respectable to everyone who doesn't try to promote themselves here or delude vulnerable people. I don't mind people talking about psychics on the show but I see what you were doing as personal promotion which I disagree with.
I don't know how you can say that, Allison helped to find a boy and a girl and others, she even got dates, locations and times, and Catchings solved many different unsolved cases. Nancy Myers is also highly respected by the police for her contributions and found the rapist with the white socks in her episode, even found the street he was located on. I don't care what you say about me, but to not recognize these people as talented shows me that you don't just have a bias about me sharing my thoughts, you're shut down to the whole idea in general, which means you're bringing your personal prejudice to the forum and you're not willing to be reasonable. Even the most hardboiled police officers in these episodes suggested that they were surprised by the findings and had to change their idea about using psychics. My believe is that if more genuine psychics like these people were brought in earlier, more leads would be uncovered and more cases would be solved.

I'm not going to reply to you anymore because I think it is boring when people argue here, and it takes valuable space and time away from the Jeremy Bright case, but I have no idea why would think I'm "promoting" myself. I'm not asking for anything, this is entirely anonymous and, at this point, there is no way to confirm my theories - I'm just sharing ideas, no more than if you had a theory yourself. I shared something in the case of David Stone, the stock analyst guy who was lost in the desert -thread on here, and was told my perceptions were helpful, so not everyone feels the way that you do. I actually wish more people who had any gifts, psychic, police, criminology or whatever weighed in and offered their interpretation of the evidence.

The whole point of UM was that people at home did the very thing that we are doing here, discussing cases, asking questions. But clearly I'm not going to convince you. I'm here as a member of the forum who cares about the cases, not as a professional anything. I think there is room for everyone, and I would agree, if someone was here as a psychic soliciting work or saying they had all the answers, I would agree with you.
economistman192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #153
mikewho
Frequent Poster

Was this the case when the guy went to a carnival and then disappeared?
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #154
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho
Was this the case when the guy went to a carnival and then disappeared?
Yes.
economistman192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #155
Jeremy's Mom
First Time Poster

Default Update

It is now Christmas time of 2012. Jeremy is still missing. He has never been found. No person has ever come forward with any information. It has now been over 26 years since the last time I spoke with my son. The 'main' person-of-interest was killed in his prison cell about 4 years ago. He was serving a life sentence after pleading no-contest in the murder of a young woman after she 'refused his advances' in a bar.

A year ago, on August 14, 2011, my family and some friends gathered in the baseball field where Jeremy, then a sixth grader, pitched a perfect little league game, (his Uncle Gerald (my brother) was his coach). We released 14 blue balloons, one for each year he was with us, 25 red balloons, one for each year he was gone, 100 white balloons, for the nieces, nephews, and cousins he never met, and 800 green balloons, for the 800,000 missing people in the USA. His sister (now a wife and mother of 8) released a single pink balloon with "HOPE" written on it - for the hope she still has that he may be somewhere alive and well or the hope that someone will come forward and let her know she needs to do her grieving. Since Jeremy never had a funeral service, and was never found to 'lay to rest' - doing this was some comfort to

Someday, somehow I WILL know what happened to Jeremy. It may not be while I am still on this earth, but someday I WILL know.
Jeremy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #156
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy's Mom
It is now Christmas time of 2012. Jeremy is still missing. He has never been found. No person has ever come forward with any information. It has now been over 26 years since the last time I spoke with my son. The 'main' person-of-interest was killed in his prison cell about 4 years ago. He was serving a life sentence after pleading no-contest in the murder of a young woman after she 'refused his advances' in a bar.

A year ago, on August 14, 2011, my family and some friends gathered in the baseball field where Jeremy, then a sixth grader, pitched a perfect little league game, (his Uncle Gerald (my brother) was his coach). We released 14 blue balloons, one for each year he was with us, 25 red balloons, one for each year he was gone, 100 white balloons, for the nieces, nephews, and cousins he never met, and 800 green balloons, for the 800,000 missing people in the USA. His sister (now a wife and mother of 8) released a single pink balloon with "HOPE" written on it - for the hope she still has that he may be somewhere alive and well or the hope that someone will come forward and let her know she needs to do her grieving. Since Jeremy never had a funeral service, and was never found to 'lay to rest' - doing this was some comfort to

Someday, somehow I WILL know what happened to Jeremy. It may not be while I am still on this earth, but someday I WILL know.
Thank you for sharing your story. Your son's case has been on my mind lately. I run an Unsolved Mysteries page on Facebook and have added his story on there. I am upset too that no one has been charged in connection to his case. Prayers are with you and your family.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #157
Necco

Ms. Jeremy's Mom-
Thank you for commenting here. I am about Jeremy's age and was deeply touched by his story the first time I saw it and each time afterward. He was a kid, like me, just loving life, hanging out at the fair. He looked like my friends. I pray for him and your family and that one way or another you will be reunited, in this world or in the next. I hope that as people who may know something, start to have children his age, they will start to understand how badly you need answers and will come forward. I hope this isn't disrespectful to say, but man, I hope he had fun at the fair. I hope that most of that day was spent being a kid and frolicking and having fun.

Know that he is not forgotten. I've read about him here and on web sleuths.
-necco
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #158
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Websleuths is featuring his case as part of their "missing person of the week". I have changed my avatar to a picture of him in his honor. I hope one day someone comes forward with answers. I know that somebody knows what happened to him. I have spoken to his mom a few times. She is a kind lady and her and her family are not far from my thoughts and prayers.
1990 UM fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #159
WishfulDreamer

Bumping this thread up. This case bothers me so much. Someone needs to talk so Jeremy's family can have some peace.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #160
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
Bumping this thread up. This case bothers me so much. Someone needs to talk so Jeremy's family can have some peace.

The two guys that need to talk are Dennis David Steinhoff and Hoyt Richardson, both of whom I believe still live in the Myrtle Point area.

If they don't talk, the status of the case will remain the same.

Last edited by Steve W.; 04-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #161
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

I just now noticed that Jeremy's mom has posted here. This case, like so many others featuring young people, is just beyond tragic and heartbreaking.

Jeremy's mom:

Thank you so much for sharing/updating on this board. The people who post here genuinely do care about what happened to your son and I believe every single one of us hopes, wishes, and/or prays that you will find out the truth sooner rather than later. We want to see justice served very, very badly.

I know this isn't much, but us UM fans will never, ever let Jeremy's case fade out of our hearts and minds.
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #162
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

You would think someone would have talked. Who ever heard of teenagers keeping their mouths shut this long. Course they would be adults now. I sure hope Jeremy's family gets some answers.

Last edited by JenniferS.; 10-05-2014 at 04:36 PM.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #163
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

I got some questions? I noticed that its mentioned in the thread by other people ,probably because unsolved mysteries had it said that Jeremy left his watch at his step-dads. And I notice his mother posted on here he had his watch on when he disappeared. So wouldn't that mean the swimming hole theory is out the window? Because I just can not see him taking his new state of the art digital watch to swimming whole were it could get lost and ruined.

Someone saw Jeremy in Terry Steinhoff's car? No implication that anyone had odd behavior, fear or was in a hurry to leave. Just two teenage boys talking? Were the Steinoff's Teenagers? Cause other wise Doesn't sound like Jeremy as a fourteen year old boy would have interest or have anything in common with someone older than him. Doesn't sound like Jeremy was afraid or feeling any threat of danger if he got in Terry's car and talked with him. Kind of sounds like Terry talked Jeremy into going somewhere with him? And is there anything Terry had or place he would go that would interest Jeremy into going along?

Were was Johnny? Was he the one who saw Jeremy in car with Terry? And when did David Steinhoff come into this? Was he at the location were Terry may have taken Jeremy. We know he was scene later that night with blood on his shirt. So he obviously helped cover something up.

Was the shack in the wood's were Terry said Jeremy's body was buried a place were Terry liked to hang out with his cousin David? Were Terry and David know to be interested in guns , or target shooting? I can imagine teen boys being interested b.b. guns, pellet guns or possible a shot gun for hunting game ,as boys are known to do in rural areas. Was this something Jeremy be interested in going to watch?

Last edited by JenniferS.; 10-05-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #164
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

Now were did everyone go on this thread?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #165
TheCell35
Occasional Poster

I heard that a couple of years ago, a cold case team was working this case. I am guessing that nothing new has been found? I heard that the team was re-interviewing people of interest...

It's sad, but perhaps no one who is still alive actually knows what happened? It is hard to believe that no one has ever slipped up and told someone. How can a secret this big in such a small town last for so long? That is course of, unless it is because no one knows.
TheCell35 is offline   Reply With Quote