Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-26-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
Babydollz24
Frequent Poster

Wink Jeremy Bright

Did anyone ever update this case? Just wondering if this boy was ever found? if not, what is your theory about what happened to him?
Babydollz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I don't think there has been an update. I personally think that Bright was fatally injured as the result of a shooting and his body was buried in the woods.

You'd think that after all this time, SOMEONE would have said something about the murder to someone else. I don't think it's possible that Jeremy would have ran off to join the carnival, but this is only my opinion.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

I dont think he joined a carnival either. I think he either died of a heart problem caused by an illegal drug put in the beer or he was shot and succumbed to his injuries a few days later. The same two or three guys showed up in all the scenario, they seemed like total sleezes. They said one of those guys was later arrested and sent to prison for an unrelated murder. I think the latter is what happened, that he was shot either by accident or intentionally and then those guys panicked and took him to a cabin hoping he would get better but he didnt. I think they did bury him in a shallow grave near the cabin as that inmate said he had heard, however I think those guys got word of what the inmate said before the cops had a chance to search and I think they very well could have dug up the body and moved it somewhere else. Either that or the cops just missed it. That one dude being covered with blood and it didnt register to call the cops to look into it? I am sorry, but if I saw a guy covered in blood I think I would call someone to look into it. My feeling is people in this town know what happened, I think more people know than what the cops even though, however I think everyone was so afraid of having these guys seek revenge on them that no one would come forward.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
Kane

Something unfortunate happened that caused him to disappear, and I don't think he did so willingly. The theory of him having been fatally injured by a gunshot is disturbing, but sounds at least partially plausible. I think he's dead and buried somewhere. If that is the case, the only reason I can think of as to why he was never found was because his body is buried in a place that was not searched at all or vigorously enough.

Last edited by Kane; 07-27-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
kadrmas15

Yeah it doesnt look good, he is still on the DOE network. Obviously to this day there are people that know what happened there that arent talking. Either because they dont want to get in trouble either with the cops or with the guys that killed Jeremy. Just horrible. I think those guys were joking around and shooting into the water to scare the kids and I think they hit Jeremy accidently and they panicked and took him to a cabin to try to nurse him back to health but he died. I know his mom said she had heard a rumor that he lived for two weeks after he disappeared. Here is the link to his profile on the doe network. There are definitly more questions than answers in this case.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/38dmor.html
Old 07-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #6
kadrmas15

Here is a couple other links:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ht_jeremy.html

http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/MCC/bright_jeremy.shtml
Old 07-27-2006, 12:40 AM   #7
DarkDante

File this along with the case of Jennifer Pratt under "cases that should've been solved a long time ago"

A point of interest it now 20 years since Jeremy Bright vanished at the Coos County Fair which is actually taking place right now as we speak (7-25-06-7-29-06)

Eerily similar to Mr. Sova

Kane's theory based on the UM broadcast is plausible but there is also another theory that Jeremy might have met a similar fate as been lauded about as an explanation of what happened to Mr. Kurt Sova.

There was another theory advanced that Jeremy (as did Sova) attended a party the night he vanished in which he may have overdosed on some type of drug perhaps not even knowing he had taken it (it was surmised that Bright may have had something slipped into his drink)

If this is true it is very easy to see the same exact thing that is suspected of having to Kurt Sova, happened to Bright with the difference being that the people who were with Bright at that party did a better job of hiding the body.

----

What is really odd about this case is its possible Jeremy's own friends might have some information that would be helpful to authorities. Brights' friend Johnny Fish (yeah thats actually his name!) shortly after Bright vanished arrived at his sister's apartment terrified and panic stricken but refused to explain why or at least UM didn't elaborate on it.

Also it is likely in this case that Jeremy's friends and family know exactly who may have harmed Jeremy but lack the evidence to say their name publically. In fact another one of Brights' friends ran into one of the suspects (referred in the segment as "neighborhood guy") shortly after Jeremy vanished and he was soaked with blood.

Also one other question nags at me regarding the possibility of Bright being shot while swimming in the Coquille River and that the rumor was that the men who shot Bright harassed not only Bright but some other teens at that location and then they accidently shot Bright.

Well there would be witnesses to this shooting then right?

Any thoughts folks?
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #8
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Thumbs down

Watching this segment makes me so angry at the residents of Myrtle Point. If either scenario proposed by UM is true, there are multiple witnesses who know exactly what happened to Jeremy. I can understand and sympathize with the youths who were intimidated by the local roughnecks back in 1986 and were hesitant to tell the story. But, why not come forward now? Or, why hasn't anyone made an anonymous call to the police or written a letter? Shame on everyone who has kept Jeremy from having a proper burial and for letting his family go through hell for twenty years. You also let some vicious thugs go completely unpunished.
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #9
jeeps
Frequent Poster

I just feel so sorry for his mother. You can see the despair. I just hope someone comes forward to give that family some peace.

Those traveling summer fairs always gave me the heebie-jeebies. Inevitably whenever one was in our town someone always went "missing". Most times the person went willingly but not always. Needless to say the town council refused them permits...no more summer carnivals.

jeeps
jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
kadrmas15

Yeah, the residents of Myrtle Point should be ashamed. These guys with the exception of the one that was arrested for another murder were allowed to walk free. If they had been turned in maybe that future murder wouldnt have happened? Those guys were scum, they were kind of like the town bullies and every one was scared to death of them it seemed because no one would turn them in. Even the inmate that told the story didnt give up names. It just seemed like everyone was so scared of these guys they werent willing to give them up even after they murdered a 14 year old boy for no reason. It is very sad and after 20 years I would hope that someone would finally come forward and get the right people behind bars on that case.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #11
DarkDante

^ Well actually they did give names, Jeremy's mother actually has a pretty good idea who these men are but not enough evidence to connect them to the disappearance and possible murder of her son. In a lot of these cases (such as Tommy Burkett and Jenny Pratt) there are several strong suspects but just not enough evidence to accuse them of the crime or "say their name publically".

Its a frustrating spot to be in to say the least.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
boco357
Not Muhammad Ali
Frequent Poster

Classic Stack line..."They're not talking, but they know."

www.fatty357.com
boco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:41 AM   #13
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Just saw this segment on YouTube. When did this segment originally air?? Stacky looks so young in the intro.

Although all the rumours of Jeremy's disappearance are just that, rumours, i believe the "target practice" rumour seems to be the plausible one only because his friend's sister ran into the guy with blood on his shirt.

Any news on this case?
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:20 AM   #14
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVERMAN
Just saw this segment on YouTube. When did this segment originally air?? Stacky looks so young in the intro.

Although all the rumours of Jeremy's disappearance are just that, rumours, i believe the "target practice" rumour seems to be the plausible one only because his friend's sister ran into the guy with blood on his shirt.

Any news on this case?
It originally aired in the fall of 1988, when UM first became a regular series. I don't know if I would call Stack exactly young at the point, but he was definitely younger when compared to most UM segments.

Bright has never resurfaced and no one has been charged. The main suspect (or one of the main suspects) - that popped up in all of the scenarios and who Bright's mother referred to as "people who aren't exactly pillars of society" was eventually imprisoned for another murder, but they haven't been able to link him to this case, at least not yet. They never mentioned his name.

This is kind of like the Jenny Pratt case where you probably have a lot of people who know exactly happened, but "aren't talking" (as Stack correctly pointed out.) The whole 'running away with the carnival' theory is so far-fetched IMO it's almost laughable. As much as I wish it didn't happen, I think Jeremy was murdered, and the people that I mentioned in the above paragraph were probably the ones responsible.

I do wish they could have talked more to Jeremy's friend, who is only mentioned in the segment vaguely. The one that probably saw what happend, and who either blacked out or was suffering from convlusions around the time Jeremy disappeared. He could be another "Brian" in that he was a friend of the victim who knew what happened, but for some reason won't come forward.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #15
Awsi Dooger

AVERMAN is a terrific barometer. Whenever I see his name as the most recent post, bumping an old thread, I know the case has been Tubed.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote