Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FXX Comedy Archer Gets 11th Season; TBS Sets Date for Comedy Game Show with The Good Place Star
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
ThirteenInchEscape
Banned
Banned!!

Send a message via AIM to ThirteenInchEscape
Default Favorite thing about Green Acres?

I think what sets this show apart, is that every show has one stupid (and normally annoying and not especially funny) stupid character. This show however, only has one SMART character. My favorite thing about it is watching Oliver try to adjust to the back country life.

what do you all think is special about it?
ThirteenInchEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 PM   #2
Dixie Darlin'
The Missus Haney
Frequent Poster

I think that the reason the show is so special is b/c it's about city people trying to fit in a rural community, which is why it is so funny! There isn't another show out there that has such a great group of locals (my favorite being Mr. Haney), and truly shows the crazy things that can happen when you don't know what you are doing!!! (I was referring to Oliver there, lol)
Dixie Darlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #3
gisele
Occasional Poster

I love the chemistry between Eva Gabor and Eddie Albert. I'm disappointed when an episode doesn't have a romance scene between these two. I also like Arnold the Pig and the way the show was written.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:48 AM   #4
Lisa Douglas
Occasional Poster

I agree with gisele!!! The chemistry between Oliver and Lisa is definitely my favorite thing about the show. Also, the fact that Eva Gabor is my favorite actress. I love anything she is in, of course!

I also love how Lisa always makes mistakes when she says certain words. My favorite would probably be when she calls Oliver's parachute a "parashoes".
Lisa Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
shutupdummy
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up

I think one of the things that I like best about Green Acres is that it shows us all a very important message in life: "Don't ever give up on your dreams"

This show is about a man that grows up having a dream of being a farmer and no matter how much everybody tries to talk him out of it, and how much he has to lose, he still proceeds to follow his dream and because of this he ends up being the happiest man in the world. Having the big money, and the perfect job in the big city was not important to him. What was most important to him was having the farm of his dreams (or the closest thing he could get to it ..haha), and having the woman he loved beside him.

The lesson being, if you know what makes you happy in life, don't let other people's opinions, or ideas of their happiness change your mind about what is important to you. Follow your dreams and find the one thing that makes you happy or die trying!
shutupdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:24 AM   #6
grnacrsfan
Frequent Poster

Default Hello dere!!!

I like several things about Green Acres. Let me see if I can list them all in the order I like them.

1) Eva Gabor. I'm a HUGE fan of Eva Gabor!

2) The chemistry between Oliver and Lisa. I'm a sucker for
romance!

3) Lisa's malaproprisms. Their so funny!!!

4) Lisa's childlike innocence. She's so cute!!!

5) The intelligent satire hidden in the hilarious humor. This show is so
underestimated as far as intelligence goes it's sad. Practically everyone
just wrote it off as a stupid show, but in reality, it was so ahead of its
time!!!

6) The fact that it was an inspiration for my second favorite show, "The
Simpsons". Homer rules!!!

7) The fact that it doesn't use violence, language, or adult content to
entertain its viewers. It's just a wholesome family show!!!

There might be more, but I can't think of them right now. Anyways, gots to go!!! See yas!!!

P.S. I love this little guy!!! :multi

Oliver: I'd take a seed, a tiny little seed, I'd plant it in the ground, I'd put some dirt on it, I'd water it, and pretty soon, do you know what I would have?
Lisa: A dirty little wet seed.
grnacrsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #7
Miss Lisa

I like when Lisa would mispronounce a word then some one else would come in and mispronounce it the same way right after Oliver corrected Lisa. I also liked how Eb called Oliver and Lisa his parents.
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #8
Gordon ~ Shirley
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to Gordon ~ Shirley
Smile

Yeah, I think thats funny how Eb does that I like how Mr. Haney is always trying to sell Oliver something and Lisa can't make hot-cakes and their broken down little house is cute too. AND I think its funny how Lisa throws the dishes in the dishwasher and I think Arnold is cute too , how he watches tv and always talking to Lisa and Oliver has no idea what he's saying and how Oliver also insults Arnold sometimes and he walks away and Lisa makes a big deal out of it I think it's a really cute show !!!!!!!!!!! Talk to you later guys

~Emily
Pass me by
Now I've lost you
Soon I will go
In the mist of day
And you never will know
How I loved you!
How I loved you.

Gordon ~ Shirley
Gordon ~ Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:37 PM   #9
Miss Lisa

I also like how Lisa would throw the dishes out the window and that she can't cook anything at all. And also that Oliver's mother treats Lisa better than Oliver.
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #10
Darkhaven80
Frequent Poster

My favorite is Oliver always getting so frustrated. I think everyone can relate, but there's something amusing on seeing someone get so aggrivated.
Darkhaven80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #11
kooky12

The way the whole town got together, which was why Oliver left the rat race in the first place. Everybody united to make the world rutabega-conscious, to send Arnold to Hollywood, to put on the play "WHO", to make a symphony orchestra, etc. Also, somehow, everyone knew what everyone else was doing, especially when the wind blew a certain way...........
kooky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:29 AM   #12
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

The chemistry between Lisa and Oliver was great, plus them having to adapt to their new surroundings.
comedyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
ohfertheluva
Occasional Poster

I like alot of things. What I particularly like is how surreal it can get. For instance when the credits at the beginning are seen by Lisa or when the credits are printed on Sam's printing press. I also love how totally out of place and befuddled any city dweller is in Hooterville. Its also funny how Lisa is not befuddled. She understands almost everything Hootervillish. I also like how many people just don't get the show. So many people think the show is just stupid. I think it is one of the most creative shows in TV history. Long love the poople of heeterville.
ohfertheluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #14
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

there's a lot of things about this show I like: I like how everyone exept Oliver can see the credits at the beggining, how Mr. Haney's always trying to sell Oliver something, how Mr. Kimble's so dumb, how everyone exept Oliver can understand Arnold, how Eb calls the Douglases "Mom & Dad", and on & on...

my sister-in-law, who lives in Arkansas HATES the show, but her husband (my brother) loves it.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:47 PM   #15
dirtprod
Forum Regular

Mr. Kimball is my favorite! I like all the elements that make up the show, but I'll rewind Mr. Kimball over and over. A comic timing genius! Hysterical!

My best,
Dirt
MunsterKoach.com
dirtprod is offline   Reply With Quote