Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #16
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Fine
You guys have warped senses of what is "nice". Using the term "that Queer" is derogatory and anything BUT nice.
well, EricIdleFan has stated on other boards before that she hates gay people (gay people probably don't love you either), so she might not find "that queer" insulting
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:16 PM   #17
x3 Taylor x3
Yeahh man

Richard is disgusting!! I feel soo bad for his tribe for having to watch him all day nude. And the camera people too..

Im rootin` for Colby & Boston Rob
Old 02-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #18
EricIdlefan
November to Remember
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by BuffySlayer79
well, EricIdleFan has stated on other boards before that she hates gay people (gay people probably don't love you either), so she might not find "that queer" insulting
FYI, BuffySlayer, I don't, I repeat DO NOT HATE GAY PEOPLE!! I love them but don't agree with their lifestyle. In the Bible, God tells us to love the sinner even if we don't agree with the sin!! If I did state that (Which I can ensure you that I did not at all!!) I am so, so, sorry but my mind on homosexuality will stand & stay firm!!
Old 02-07-2004, 09:16 AM   #19
barwars
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by EricIdlefan
FYI, BuffySlayer, I don't, I repeat DO NOT HATE GAY PEOPLE!! I love them but don't agree with their lifestyle. In the Bible, God tells us to love the sinner even if we don't agree with the sin!! If I did state that (Which I can ensure you that I did not at all!!) I am so, so, sorry but my mind on homosexuality will stand & stay firm!!

well if thats not an oxymoron -- then YOU are.
barwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #20
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by EricIdlefan
FYI, BuffySlayer, I don't, I repeat DO NOT HATE GAY PEOPLE!! I love them but don't agree with their lifestyle.
what is this "lifestyle" you keep talking about. If homosexuality is a lifestyle, so is heterosexuality. I think you saw an episode of "Queer As Folk" once and decided "this is the way ALL gay people live". That is bull and an overgeneralization. I have only been to a club ONCE IN MY LIFE!!! You said you want Richard to lose because you don't like his lifestyle. What lifestyle is that? Walking around naked when nobody wants to see all of that? If you don't want Richard to win because you don't like him personally, like if you think he has a bad attitude, that's one thing. But wanting him to lose because he is queer is ignorant. You know nothing about homosexuality if you think it's a choice, and if you think it's a "lifestyle".

If merely being gay is a "lifestyle", than I guess being ignorant is a "lifestyle" too. I can see why you might be turned off by promiscuous drug-using club hopping queens, as depicted on Queer As Folk, but I'd say a good 70% of the gay community does not subscribe to that lifestyle that you think we all engage in, and I can count the number of partners I've had ON ONE HAND. So shove it with this "all homos do is sleep around with each other" To say all gay people have the same lifestyle is like saying all straight people have exactly the same lifestyle.

And if you don't want gays flaunting their lifestyle, don't flaunt how much better you are than us because you were lucky enough to be born attracted to the opposite sex. None of us ever chose to be attracted to the same sex, it just happened to be what we found ourselves attracted to. Many gays and lesbians have attempted suicide before after realizing they're gay. It is NOT this smiley-go-lucky "::::whistling:::: I'd like to be a homosexual, I want to be considered an outcast and deviant by ignorant people all over the country, I want religious groups to hate my very being :::::whistling:::::". You don't know jack about what being gay is like, so don't tell us we're all the same.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #21
db108108
Teacher (for now)

Calm down Buffy.... I know this is a hard subject to be calm about...

Personally I don;t find the term queer offensive. I mean, there is a tv show called "Queer Eye," right? But it's the context in which the word is used, like the term ***. i think eventually, the word fsg is going to become like the word "ni--er" Only 40 years ago, it was an acceptable word to use, now it's not. when when people finally realize that descrimination is descrimination, no matter against whom.

And for people who don't agree with the "lifestyle." Gee, I work 40 hours a week, spend my spare time writing a thesis paper for an honours degree at my university. I sometimes watch American Idol and Survivor. I like to spend time with my best friend talking or playing cards. I eat breakfast some mornings, dinner every night. I haven't drank anything in two months and I've never touched drugs. What exactely is it about my lifestyle that you don't like?

Gee, I hope that nobody in your family ever comes out (it happens, believe me. 1 in 50 people are gay, so watch out) or god forbid, that you never have a child whose "lifestyle" you don't agree with. Maybe then you'll realize that it's not a choice, and not liking the "gay lifestyle" is like not liking the "black lifestlye."

It's not a lifestlye, it's just life.
db108108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 03:14 PM   #22
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by db108108
And for people who don't agree with the "lifestyle." Gee, I work 40 hours a week, spend my spare time writing a thesis paper for an honours degree at my university. I sometimes watch American Idol and Survivor. I like to spend time with my best friend talking or playing cards. I eat breakfast some mornings, dinner every night. I haven't drank anything in two months and I've never touched drugs. What exactely is it about my lifestyle that you don't like?
exactly, I see nothing wrong with people being offended by the promiscuous club-hopping drug-obsessed "lifestyle" depicted on Queer As Folk, but I don't see how you can take that negative lifestyle and say that every gay and lesbian is that way. Hell, even I as a gay man am offended by that "lifestyle". Saying all gay people are like Brian Kinney is like saying all African-Americans are like Mike Tyson. One negative person does not symbolize an entire community.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:56 PM   #23
barwars
Forum Veteran

I think Richard is the coolest guy out there.
Even better than Rupert (sorry.... his house just sucked)
barwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 02:07 AM   #24
db108108
Teacher (for now)

Rupter is coming on really strong this time around. His house idea was obviously flawed, but he wouldn't bend. I didn't watch the Outback with Jerri (was she on that one?) but I got the impression that she was a real bitch on that edition. I am totally sympathetic with her now.

And what up with Jenna in the same tribe. Was she really that memorable? I'd rather see Heidi from Amazon. To me, that was the second best edition, after the first.

The Amazon was hilarious, intentional or not. From Heidi and Jenna constantly bathing themselves to Christy worrying about her "evil" step sisters to that black woman who wouldn't touch the immunity idol because it was a "false" idol before god to Matt with his machete to Rob and his constant schemes. I would buy that one on dvd in a heart beat.
db108108 is offline   Reply With Quote