Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-20-2003, 12:13 AM   #1
canadianmysterygrl
Frequent Poster

Question Adam and Elena Emery

I would love to know more about this case. It is about the young couple in RI who were involved in a road rage incident that ended in the husband, Adam Emery, I think, stabbing the young man in the other car to death but Adam got off in court.

I just saw it for the first time now and missed alot due to hubby chatting.

After the trial where Adam got off, it semed that the couple killed themselves but only Elena's skull has been found leading people to think of foul play perhaps.

Does anyone think Adam murdered Elena?

If it was a suicide pact, did he back out and let her jump alone?

I would like to hear from anyone who knows more about this case.
Thanks

AMENDED TO CORRECT NAMES.

Last edited by canadianmysterygrl; 11-21-2003 at 07:57 PM.
canadianmysterygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
Dilly
Frequent Poster

The case was recently on UM but the husband who did the stabbing did not get off. My undertstanding was that he was convicted and this devastated the couple.
A news video tape showed the couple talking and a hearing impaired woman was asked to read the lips of the couple on the tape.
They were talking about going through with their plans. Their car was later found on the bridge and for a long time no one knew the truth.
The skull eventually was found of the wife but no evidence of suicide of the husband. He probably also committed suicide. I don't think he would have killed his wife and left town. It was some kind of pact they did together.
Their crime was awful. They stabbed an innocent man to death whom they thought had nicked their car during a turn.
Dilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 12:58 AM   #3
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

Saw that case too tonight. I didn't even know UM did a segment on it - I had first heard about it on Dateline.

I don't mean to gloat to the American UM viewers here but I've been just thrilled with UM this week. Yesterday they showed the I-70 killer segment (which I had never seen up until now - WOW was that second drawing creepy), and on Monday they showed the segment about the Henderson, NV bank robbers (most probably the very first time a sketch has given me trouble sleeping). I almost felt like cheering when the 'update' screen flashed for the latter case. I had no idea the robbers had been nabbed and jailed for five years now. Very reassuring. Anyone else remember that case? Two scenes of it made the intro (after the "SOLVED") later: the two police cars on the chase, and the robbers' car crashing through garbage cans.

Whoops, got off topic here... sorry!
Composite Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:14 PM   #4
canadianmysterygrl
Frequent Poster

Hi
Do you know if I am spelling the names right for Allan and Elaina?

Also do you know where I can find out any more about this case?

Personally I think they were both awful people but that Allan could well have either killed Elaina or at minimum led her to believe he was going to jump too and then let her jump first and he ran off to a new life.

What a disgusting couple they were and I hope they are both where they belong.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:30 PM   #5
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Composite Sketch
Saw that case too tonight. I didn't even know UM did a segment on it - I had first heard about it on Dateline.

I don't mean to gloat to the American UM viewers here but I've been just thrilled with UM this week. Yesterday they showed the I-70 killer segment (which I had never seen up until now - WOW was that second drawing creepy), and on Monday they showed the segment about the Henderson, NV bank robbers (most probably the very first time a sketch has given me trouble sleeping). I almost felt like cheering when the 'update' screen flashed for the latter case. I had no idea the robbers had been nabbed and jailed for five years now. Very reassuring. Anyone else remember that case? Two scenes of it made the intro (after the "SOLVED") later: the two police cars on the chase, and the robbers' car crashing through garbage cans.

Whoops, got off topic here... sorry!
Yeah, we are stuck with UM 1 time a week on Sunday Mornings, I am spreading feedback everywhere on Lifetime wanting the show back more times a week. What channel does UM come on in Canada? I wish if Lifetime doesn't care about the show, they would let another network air it, after all, there is no excuse for all the crap Lifetime airs.

BTW: I have dug out about 15 tapes of Unsolved Mysteries and every night am watching at least one episode.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #6
canadianmysterygrl
Frequent Poster

I love UM but I am so disappointed that they don't update when they are running old shows that are now solved. It makes it seem stupid and rather an insult to the original show which was so good about keeping viewers informed. How much would it cost to update in text on a screen even? Just don't act like the unibombr is still out and about...that's sad.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:22 PM   #7
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Wouldn't cost much... some of the 95-97 episodes that were solved as Robert Stack was about to die were updated simply by putting text on the screen with a green background. I don't see why they wouldn't do that with other seasons as well. But, if they aren't going to update the Unabomber or ERIC RUDOLPH case(two very high-profile cases) then they certainly won't update other cases...
Old 11-20-2003, 06:45 PM   #8
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent88
What channel does UM come on in Canada?
It's on the channel Prime, which also shows old sitcoms like All in the Family, M*A*S*H, the Cosby Show and the Golden Girls. Right now they're just showing the Lifetime-produced episodes from 2001 and 2002 but I'm crossing my fingers that when they get done with those they'll go back to the early ones. Prime started showing UM earlier this year (around March or April) once a week on Saturdays, and then started showing them every weeknight at around July. A couple weeks ago they dropped the Friday night airing but UM four days a week is still A-OK with me!
Composite Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:51 PM   #9
Brent88
Forum Veteran

I wish it still aired 4 nights a week here.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:00 PM   #10
canadianmysterygrl
Frequent Poster

I wish they were making new ones UM. There is so much crime going on. So many crimes are profiled on the net and the internet could assist greatly in finding criminals too. I liked UM allot for many years but I never liked the alien or psychic based stories.
I wish they would revamp the show and get a new host. I loved Robert Stack and perhaps the best tribute they could pay to him would be to keep the show going. I think they need to stick to cutting edge type mysteries....not alien abductions....but I respect that other like those.

Who would you people pick as a new host?

Anyone know why they are NOT going to do this?
Please bear with me as I am new to this site.
I love it so far.

I really really want to find out more about Allan and Elaina Emery.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:18 PM   #11
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Well Lametime doesn't care since Robert Stack died. Maybe the Canadian network could make new episodes.

I am not sure though I would watch with a new host. Robert Stack added something to the show that made me love it. I don't watch other crime shows like AMW, so I don't think if a new host came along I could get into the show.

BTW: I should mention if new episodes are to made, LIFETIME has to request them(or whatever network airs it) Cosgrove-Meurer will produce the episodes, but Lifetime has to order the episodes.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:18 AM   #12
canadianmysterygrl
Frequent Poster

I found Keely Shay Smith very boring and flat and a bad match with Mr. Stack. I loved him so.

I just hate when they run old shows that have been solved with no update at the end. Makes a farce of the show.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:21 AM   #13
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by canadianmysterygrl
I found Keely Shay Smith very boring and flat and a bad match with Mr. Stack. I loved him so.

I just hate when they run old shows that have been solved with no update at the end. Makes a farce of the show.
I didn't like Kelly Shaye Smith either. I think Stack should have done updates. She just seemed to take something out of the show, that is why I don't particularly like the episodes from 1996(when she was on)
Old 11-21-2003, 12:30 AM   #14
canadianmysterygrl
Frequent Poster

I cannot figure out why they stopped doing the show anyway. They would need a host of Mr Stack's caliber to make it good.

How about Peter Falk? He's already got the trench coat and has a good voice.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:36 AM   #15
crystaldawn

It is hard to find information about Adam and Elena Emery on the web. I did find a website with an article. They let you read the first few paragraphs of it and then you have to subscribe to read the rest. But the first weeks subscription is free, then you can cancel. Its at elibrary.com and then type in their names under search and that should bring you to it. Hope this helps!
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote