Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Nanny links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Nanny Photo Gallery

The Nanny - The Complete First Season

Buy The Nanny - The Complete First Season on DVD
The Nanny - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Nanny - The Complete Second Season on DVD
The Nanny - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Nanny - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Nanny - Season Four

Buy The Nanny - Season Four on DVD
The Nanny - Season Five

Buy The Nanny - Season Five on DVD
The Nanny - The Final (Sixth) Season

Buy The Nanny - The Final (Sixth) Season on DVD
The Nanny - The Complete Series

Buy The Nanny - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > The Nanny

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-31-2004, 02:47 PM   #16
Dannie IsNotHere
Riiight
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by yowza
Yeah that's a favorite of mine, too.

I think my all time favorite is in "Fran's Gotta Have it" when Max and Fran stroll through London and he kisses her on the bench. (It's too bad that part is cut out on Lifetime--thank God for internet files, hehe). Later on, when they were stumbling into the room was pretty serious too, lol.
I can't stand how they cut everything out on Lifetime. ARG!

"Word to the wordiness of the word."

Proud EO shipper. *sigh* How did that happen?

Isn't it ironic?
Don't you think?
Dannie IsNotHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:53 PM   #17
Bettefan13
Frequent Poster

Wink Fav. moment!

Mine is the honey moon
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2004, 04:31 PM   #18
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

Here's a pic that looks like yours, Bettefan13! It's Max & Fran on the island after the honeymoon! Max is soooo dreamy!

Tiff7
tiff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 05:29 AM   #19
Alicia Blair
Frequent Poster

Default Re: Favorite Romantic Moment?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristen
Fran letting Max out of his proposal in "One False Mole"--When Max says "I'm not sure I wanted out of it this time," I always melt!!
Oh my gosh,I loved that line too! I loved how he really thought about it,as he said it.

George Costanza's answering machine:Believe it or not George isn't at home please leave a message at the beep.I must be out or I'd pick up the phone Where could I be? Believe it or not I'm not home.

Ohhh only 865,7970,6067 days till I start caring what you think

Gracie:I ran away. I took a limo.
Fran Fine: (to Sylvia) I ran away, I took a banana.

Jeannie pink and delicious.Granting her master's wishes.Making NASA suspicious.Sexy.Dreamy and dancy.Gorgeous.Every mans fancy

Alicia Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:46 PM   #20
ChambersVsMalone
Cheers!
Frequent Poster

1) "Kindervelt Days," the end, of course. Just like all of you, I adore that scene.

2) The end of "An Affair to Dismember." I love how he takes care of her.

3) The end of "Not Without My Nanny" when he finally tells her he loves her without taking it back. I love how he led up to it, too.
ChambersVsMalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:25 PM   #21
Miss Fine
TV's Sexiest Nanny
Frequent Poster

I love the wedding,all the kisses,and in particular when they are in the bathtub together,and Maxwell says "Happy 10th anniversary sweetheart".

(Maxwell´s mother wants the tulips Fran´s holding)Max´s mother:I had my eye on those.
Fran: Well, I had my eye on Antonio Banderas but I ain´t taking him home either.

<Please keep your signature to 5-10 lines, thank you.>
Miss Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:03 PM   #22
Miss Blair
I Dream of Jeannie
Occasional Poster

I thought that billboard was so cute!

I loved all the romance in London.

It should never have ended like this.....

http://funfemales.ohgo.com
Miss Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:50 AM   #23
Sweet Brunette
I Love Sitcoms
Frequent Poster

I loved the scene in the episode 'Your feets are too big' when Fran and Maxwell are on the couch and Maxwell says: "Your feet are beautiful....You are beautiful" and then they kiss.

and I dont care if that makes me a
Bitch

Addicted to Sitcoms: The Golden Girls The Wonder Years Seinfeld Married with Children Bewitched I Dream of Jeannie The Cosby Show Family Matters Full House Whos the Boss The Nanny
Sweet Brunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:50 PM   #24
JL82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czas na Zywiec View Post
I don't know the name of it, but it's a sixth season episode. It's the one where CC and Niles get so mad at each otehr that they quit. So then Fran and Max are arguing in bed and decide to go upstairs. Then they open the door and they see CC and Niles in bed!! I was extremely shocked, especially since they were fighting just a few hours ago, but I had a moment where I went "Aww!"

Also the one episode where Fran goes to meet her pen-pal, and Niles and CC are at home. They start calling each other names, then just passionately kissing. And then Fran and Max walk in.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the hate-love relationship between those two...
The Sixth Season episode is "The Dummy Twins," and there is such quick "turnaround time" between CC rejecting Niles, and their fight, and then them being in bed together, that I always wonder if they actually agreed during the dinner they had to start a relationship, and when they came back, were pranking the Sheffields...but why? CC seems really happy after the dinner, though (almost like she is the next morning, so it seems like she's already in love) and it's odd that he brought her back to the Sheffield house if their date went badly, when she's supposed to have her own place.
JL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:54 PM   #25
JL82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesccmaxfranfan View Post
Oh there are so many but my favorite is in the episode "Not without my Nanny"..when Maxwell goes to Kooristan to apoligize to Fran about the fight they had before she left and she thought that the sultan wanted her to be his wife but he actually wanted her as a nanny..

Max: Oh I can see right through that Sultan. Oh yes, you'd start as his nanny all right. You'd start working for him for a few years, eventually be on a first name basis, and then, one day, he'd come to realize that you were more important to him than his work. Then, ha, then he'd tell you he loves you.

Fran: And when does that happen?
Max: Right now. I love you.
Fran: Whaaatt?
Max: Fran, I love you!

awww!!!
Max says he can "see through the sultan" but he's speaking for himself. What makes that even better is that Shaughnessy plays the Sultan. I will confess, though, that if I hadn't read that before seeing the sultan it would not have been obvious to me.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #26
JL82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rill View Post
My favorite Fran and Max moment is definitely the wedding!

Concerning Niles and CC I would choose the dance in The Nose Knows.
It wasn't even awkward. There was no awkward invitation from one to the other to dance - it just happened. And the scene where she asks him out makes me feel she's not just desperate for a date, or even upset about being dumped. I feel like Niles is the one she really WANTS. She doesn't even ask Max first.

And, if the only reason for taking Niles was to "save face" by not going alone, she wouldn't have needed to dance with him in private to do that.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #27
JL82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff7 View Post
Here's a pic that looks like yours, Bettefan13! It's Max & Fran on the island after the honeymoon! Max is soooo dreamy!

Tiff7
But when they were together in their bedroom for the first time, he was too irritated by Fran being loud to be romantic. That just really spoiled things at a time when it seemed like they were finally going to...well, enjoy each other. And the episode was about them learning to live together with their different personalities...when they'd known each other five years. Didn't seem to fit.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #28
JL82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Blair View Post
Oh my gosh,I loved that line too! I loved how he really thought about it,as he said it.
Everyone always attributes the pace and back-and-forth of their relationship to Max, but actually Fran kind of went back and forth too. There were a lot of times she was interested in another guy. (In "Ship of Fran's," after her other love interest gets arrested, Max has to practically BEG her to "let him be the man of her dreams" and her dance partner.) As you point out, there were a few times he seemed to be offering to take the next step and she either didn't think it was "for real" or she had some other reason it wasn't right.

In "Call Me Fran," right before Niles urges Max to make a move (his famous rant), Max seems to be questioning whether Fran still wants the relationship with him. Has she said or done something, or stopped doing or saying something, to indicate that her feelings have changed?

There were even several times between The Engagement and The Wedding when she reconsidered. Even in "The Best Man" when Max was mad at her, he did say he thought he'd get through it. She was the one who made the decision to give back the ring.

And season 5 was really weird, because lots of weird stuff happened that got in the way of their relationship, that wasn't Max backing out. Like Fran's rash in "Rash to Judgment." Max said, "I'll get us a room," and he seemed fully prepared to, well, get romantic. (Which was a real change from "Fran's Gotta Have It" when he wouldn't get physically romantic because it was too serious of a step.)

There are some other moments like that. And in "From Flushing with Love," he proposes, then hits his head and forgets. (That episode is totally bizarre all around.)

And then "Call Me Fran" is after that. So, he didn't just forget he proposed, he forgot he was ready? When he got amnesia, he snapped back into his previous state of fear of relationships, commitment, feelings, whatever? It seems like throughout season 5 they alternated between episodes where Max was backing away from taking the next step, and episodes where he was ready to and it didn't happen because something else interrupted.

Last edited by JL82; 08-25-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #29
JL82
Frequent Poster

I think my favorite romantic Fran/Max moment has to be the early part of The Wedding, when Max is trying to...shall we say...jump start the honeymoon. He's trying basically to seduce Fran for a change, and she fends him off, not to "wait until the wedding night" or so she says, but because it's supposed to be bad luck for Max to see her 24 hours before the ceremony, and if she hung around long enough to...do it, it would be into the 24 hours. (Ironically, she ends up delaying the ceremony, so probably it wouldn't have been 24 hours from when the ceremony actually was.)

I kind of feel like maybe she did partly hold out to tease him, and, as she said, because he made her wait five years.

It actually seems like unusual behavior for Max, though. Much more uninhibitedly (and almost aggressively) romantic than he usually is. Even when they're newly married he interrupts the romantic stuff to criticize Fran - for being loud.

The moment of the actual proposal is up there, too, but I think it could have been better. Max apologizes for being late, but I would have liked him to have said something like, "Thank you so much for not assuming when I didn't show up that because it was because I had changed my mind / gotten cold feet etc again. It makes me love you more than ever." Or even something like, "I didn't want to wait any longer to propose to you, but I know you deserve much better than a proposal in an alley full of garbage."

Her sort-of rescuing him from the mugging was kind of romantic, but I would have liked for the dinner he had planned originally to have happened. I wanted to hear what he was going to say to propose to Fran in front of the whole family. I hope he said whatever it was when they got home (or the next day) and announced the engagement to everyone. Or at dinner another night. Fanfic opportunity, I guess.

I like the moment in "Fran's Gotta Have It" when Max lays Fran on the bed and the look on her face is totally...blissful. But knowing Max is not going to go through with it keeps it from being a really great moment.

Niles and CC romantic moments, are actually mostly left to the imagination, because oddly, once they are a couple, they hardly interact with each other on screen. We do, however, see how blissfully happy they both are to have the relationship. And we get a lot of juicy hints about their...romantic times. CC's line revealing where they have done it: "Kitchen? Closet? Stairway? Limo? Walmart?" and the follow-up about Home Depot, have inspired a LOT of fanfics. So has Niles' and Fran's trip to California. Since she tells Fran how much she enjoys being romantic with Niles, we can assume a romantic moment happens when he finally finds the room that is CC's.

And then there's the fact that they're MIA and not doing their work in Yetta's Letters.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:26 PM   #30
JL82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannie IsNotHere View Post
Hahahaha the first thing that came into my head was "Rash to Judgement". It was so cute how they danced together when Michael Bolton started singing that song.
But I love that one part where she takes the ice cube, rubs it against her neck, saying "Ohh... ohh... ooohhh..." And Maxwell goes "Hey, wait for me." That was hilarious!
And him responding to her fear that, due to having seen her with this allergy, he would never find her attractive again, by saying, "Don't be silly! There's two, three, six times as much of you to love!" She was too miserable to pick up on that word.

Although he was still calling her Miss Fine. In a way, "Call Me Fran" coming after that episode seems inconsistent, because in "Rash" it seems like he was ready to take things further if the allergy thing hadn't gotten in the way.