Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #91
xxxxmattxxxx69
Forum Regular

This case was disturbing. I've seen it presented by RS and Farina but what's not presented is that if AJ is still alive even though he would be in his early 70s he may look older than he actually is. And it's possible he suffered or is suffering from amnesia. That would explain the lack of a body. And he may not even know he is missing.
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #92
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxmattxxxx69
This case was disturbing. I've seen it presented by RS and Farina but what's not presented is that if AJ is still alive even though he would be in his early 70s he may look older than he actually is. And it's possible he suffered or is suffering from amnesia. That would explain the lack of a body. And he may not even know he is missing.
I honestly doubt that AJ is still alive. We had two eyewitnesses who saw AJ the day after he disappeared in the company of three unknown men, which seems to indicate he was abducted. And I doubt the three men would simply have let AJ live after abducting him, out of fear that they were going to be identified by AJ later.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #93
Dionysus
Frequent Poster

Sad and intriguing case. I just saw it for the first time earlier today.
Sorry, but I find the theory that he's a fugitive a bit preposterous. Like many here, I believe the 2 men who saw AJ in the red car are reliable. Fish lady? Not so much. I don't know what to make of the park maintenance guy who claims to have seen AJ. I can't remember -- does he claim to have seen him the day after AJ went missing? The cars were different. The note sent to police was obviously a sick prank. I believe AJ was kidnapped, but have no idea why. I think the theory that AJ had some debt or shady dealings is plausible, though. The missing jug of milk is very fascinating. Maybe his abductors just took it and drank it themselves? I'm not trying to be funny/sarcastic... just racking my brain for a possible explanation.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #94
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

IIRC, AJ had been sober for several years before he disappeared. He also disappeared AFTER attending/moderating an AA meeting, so I highly doubt alcohol played a factor in his disappearance. And if he planned on leaving, I don't see why he would feel the need to buy a gallon of milk, park his car, lock his wallet and checkbook inside and they hightail it out of the area to start a new life. There's definitely foul play involved here, IMHO.

EDIT: Don't know if this has been posted or not, but AJ's family had him legally declared dead in 1998. There are several interesting articles about the case here:

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=285.0
Old 01-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #95
welshman
Frequent Poster

He sounds like such a nice guy in the article, it's such a shame noone knows why he disappeared if they did they could concentrate down one avenue and the case would have been solved years ago.
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #96
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

I just watched this segment for the first time tonight...I can't believe I hadn't caught this one before; it was so intriguing. Here are my thoughts:

1. For some odd reason that I can't explain, I kinda believe Fish Lady. Her story sounds bizarre, for sure, but she seemed sincere, and the "alcohol on his breath" might match up to AJ's situation at the time. Hmm.

2. I think the idea that maybe AJ was trying to help one of his fellow AA members that night is highly plausible. Maybe he stops by their house, the person tells him something is wrong, AJ tries to help, the person turns violent, then sobers up and ditches the body...

3. Maybe AJ was the victim of a completely random act of violence, a la Sammy Wheeler. Maybe his alcholism/AA stuff has nothing at all to do with what happened.

4. Then again, maybe the alcoholism IS involved. Maybe AJ fell off the wagon, had some sort of breakdown, and became vulnerable to shady characters he encountered during a bender, and things spiraled downward from there?

5. Like another poster said, I also thought it was weird that his daughter initially believed his body was in the trunk -- that almost seems to indicate AJ may have been involved with gamblers/criminals/etc., or perhaps counseled them at AA meetings.

Definitely one of UM's most underrated cases, in my opinion.
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #97
Mystery Man
Frequent Poster

One of my all-time favorite cases. It's so intriguing. I honestly have no idea if he's dead or alive, possibly with amnesia. Perhaps he went on some alcohol-fueled bender, woke up not knowing who he was, and met up with seedy people?
Mystery Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #98
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Man
One of my all-time favorite cases. It's so intriguing. I honestly have no idea if he's dead or alive, possibly with amnesia. Perhaps he went on some alcohol-fueled bender, woke up not knowing who he was, and met up with seedy people?
This is certainly possible. I also think it's possible that he went on a bender, got depressed because he relapsed and killed himself. Although the eyewitnesses who actually knew AJ personally swore that they saw them in the company of three men in a red car makes me think foul play was involved somehow.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #99
baloony
Forum Regular

What about that car AJ was seen riding in? Was that looked into?
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #100
baloony
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
This is certainly possible. I also think it's possible that he went on a bender, got depressed because he relapsed and killed himself. Although the eyewitnesses who actually knew AJ personally swore that they saw them in the company of three men in a red car makes me think foul play was involved somehow.
Exactly
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #101
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

A few weird things here:

1 - That park groundskeeper sees three men force one man into a car but doesn't report it to police for three days?

2 - The lady who think she spotted AJ selling fish recognized him and called the police. You would think a big red van in small town Louisiana would have been easy to spot for the cops right? Maybe the cops dropped the ball, or maybe she took her sweet time calling them or maybe she was way off.

3 - According to someone who posted a comment on Youtube he claims that one of the witnesses (Kenneth Mulligan, I believe) the man who says he saw AJ at a pay phone is lying. This poster says Kenneth is his uncle and is a compulsive liar and would do anything to get on TV. Now, I don't know this poster from Adam, but maybe he's telling the truth. I tend to believe the witness though, there was another witness who waved at AJ and he was in a red car with three other men. Just like the phone booth sighting. Both men seeing the same thing decreases the chances of them being wrong.

4 - AJ dealt with drunks trying not to fall off the wagon. Not to be rude, but some of these people wouldn't exactly be salt of the earth types. They are alcholics. If anyone knows an alcoholic they know they can (the key word being "can") be violent, selfish and run with the wrong crowd. They could do anything to get a drink. They could fall in with gamblers. Who knows. But either way it is safe to say AJ wasn't always dealing with genuine people, so that could have something to do with it.

5 - One other thing that bugs me. The fish lady saw him 4 weeks after his disappearance. If she is right, why in the world do his kidnappers let him go? I wonder about that sighting.

6 - I don't believe the amnesia thing. After 20 years someone, somewhere would have seen a middle aged (and now rather old) man wandering around. Or even if he got a job somewhere someone would recognize him. They'd try to learn about his past. His neighbours would know him, etc. There is no way he survives the streets for 20 years disorientated. Someone would spot him, which is why I believe he either ran away on his own, or he is no longer with us. Probably the latter. But for the life of me I can't figure out why.
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #102
TheMongolian
Occasional Poster

Hi, I'm new here. Just re-watched this the other day and I unfortunately think the most likely scenario is whoever AJ Breaux was with or ran into that day killed him. He had either had a deal gone bad with some bad people or he saw/heard something he shouldn't have.
TheMongolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #103
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
A few weird things here:

1 - That park groundskeeper sees three men force one man into a car but doesn't report it to police for three days?
They edit this out of the new revamped episode completely. I didn't even know this was a part of the story until I read it on here. Yes, it is very odd that if he truely saw three men abduct another that he would wait to report it for three whole days. Unless he figured one or all of them was/were drunk, or maybe thought since the guy wasn't screaming for help it wasn't anything worth reporting. Maybe after he heard about AJ's disappearance is when he came forward?

Quote:
2 - The lady who think she spotted AJ selling fish recognized him and called the police. You would think a big red van in small town Louisiana would have been easy to spot for the cops right? Maybe the cops dropped the ball, or maybe she took her sweet time calling them or maybe she was way off.
I tend to think the fish lady is wrong. However, if she is right and did in fact see AJ, then I think the witnesses who claimed to have seen him in the company of three shady characters are all either lying or mistaken. If the fish lady did see AJ, then this means that he was never abducted (because why would his abductors suddenly let him free to sell fish?) and he possibly fell off the wagon and ran away to start a new life out of shame and embarassment.

Quote:
3 - According to someone who posted a comment on Youtube he claims that one of the witnesses (Kenneth Mulligan, I believe) the man who says he saw AJ at a pay phone is lying. This poster says Kenneth is his uncle and is a compulsive liar and would do anything to get on TV. Now, I don't know this poster from Adam, but maybe he's telling the truth. I tend to believe the witness though, there was another witness who waved at AJ and he was in a red car with three other men. Just like the phone booth sighting. Both men seeing the same thing decreases the chances of them being wrong.
I agree. I think that because there was another witness who said that they saw AJ in a red car with three men that Kenneth Pelligran is telling the truth.

Quote:
6 - I don't believe the amnesia thing. After 20 years someone, somewhere would have seen a middle aged (and now rather old) man wandering around. Or even if he got a job somewhere someone would recognize him. They'd try to learn about his past. His neighbours would know him, etc. There is no way he survives the streets for 20 years disorientated. Someone would spot him, which is why I believe he either ran away on his own, or he is no longer with us. Probably the latter. But for the life of me I can't figure out why.
I agree about AJ being most likely dead, and I can't think of any reason why either. Unless he owed someone a substantial debt, I can't think of any other motive as to why three men would abduct him and kill him. I also forgot about the handwritten note found that stated that AJ shot himself in the stomach and was drunk at the time. The note was written by a "friend" who then put his body in a sack and allegedly dumped it near a dam. If the note was authentic (the detective in the segment wrote it off as a prank), then you obviously have AJ's killer. Who would dump their friend's body and not come forward/seek out help if AJ truely did kill himself? Why risk getting in more trouble by hiding his body and not reporting the suicide? That makes no sense and adds even more eerieness to this weird, fascinating case.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #104
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

I tend to believe that he had a relapse that was so horrible, he couldn't handle the consequences and committed suicide somewhere away from his normal surroundings (where he couldn't be found).
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #105
MegtheEgg86

I don't think he committed suicide. He was seen by two completely different people at different times who both knew him well, and both of those people described him as being with the same group of people and in the same vehicle. They also described A.J.'s behavior as being the opposite of his typically outgoing, friendly demeanor.

Now, earlier in this thread someone mentioned that somebody claiming to be a relative of one of the eyewitnesses stated on a certain video hosting site that this individual allegedly did not have a reputation for telling the truth. Whether that's true or not is really none of my concern, but I suppose that does lead me to wonder if the other eyewitness's account was ever publicized anywhere very early on, such as within days or weeks of A.J.'s disappearance. If it was, I would then be given to wonder about when exactly the eyewitness mentioned on the video site began to testify about his seeing A.J.

Nonetheless, in all the articles I have ever read about A.J. Breaux, I've never read anything about financial problems, relationships with shady characters, or the like. That does tend to complicate the abduction theory somewhat. But I still have some gut feeling that those witnesses were telling the truth. I can't explain it fully, but I strongly feel he was in fact abducted.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote