Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #61
Mastermind

Quote:
Its grasping at straws time if we go into thinking AJ is now the murder instead of the victim. I haven't this in awhile, so if someone could answer the following questions I apperiacte.
There may be no murder period. As I said, AJ may have been on the lam.

I brought up murder because it seemed like a serious enough offense to up and leave your family like that. Course there are others such as gambling debts, shame, and robbery.

For the record, I am of the opinion that AJ Breaux was in part responsible for his own disappearance.

If AJ was killed, why was it necessary to hide his body?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #62
lotjx
Occasional Poster

I agree that most of the evidence points to him choosing to go back to drinking and leaving his family. The fact you thought he was a murder in this thing makes no sense in the evidence we have been given. I understand the idea to come up with theories, but please lets keep to the facts at hand. You might as well have said aliens took him at that point.

I also have to take issue with with your statement "If AJ was killed, why was it necessary to hide his body?" Ok, even though this was the 90s, they still had forensic science. A smart crimenial knows if there is no body, its damn near impossible to prosecute. The car was spot clean minus the wallet and checkbook. If the kidnappers were smart enough to either to clean the car to the point of being spotless or just not go near it, they are smart enough to keep the body away. I do the police should have finger printed the note as well as get phone records of the phone booth the witness last saw him at.
lotjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #63
Mastermind

Quote:
The fact you thought he was a murder in this thing makes no sense in the evidence we have been given.
What evidence?

Quote:
I agree that most of the evidence points to him choosing to go back to drinking and leaving his family
The problem I have with AJ Breaux simply just going off the wagon and leaving is this:

If AJ Breaux was still living all these years and sobered up, eventually he would have come back home or even called his sponsor.

if AJ was laming it, there had to be a serious reason as to why he couldn;t come back.

Quote:
"If AJ was killed, why was it necessary to hide his body?" Ok, even though this was the 90s, they still had forensic science. A smart crimenial knows if there is no body, its damn near impossible to prosecute
1. Why do you assume it was a "smart criminal"? HeCould easily have been a crime of passion or botched attempted robbery.

2. It is far more common for criminals to not dispose of the body. To simply leave it there. In many cases the disposal of the body is not even practical and possible. Not everyone has a "Satrialle's" at their disposal.

3. The people that tend dispose of bodies are
a. organized crime murders where the organization doesn;t want a body count attracting police into their other activities.
b. murders that happen in the suspects or victims own homes.
c. Where the killer has a direct connection to the victim.
d. The odd serial killer that needs to cover his tracks.

4. People tend to forget that more forensic evidence is created via the disposal of the bodies.

As evidenced by Scott Petereson case. You could make an argument that Scott Peterson might have fared better if he simply left Lacy in the bed and came up with a story about "robbers" killing her. His whole escapades in the removal of the body left as much evidence as the body itself!!!

Last edited by Mastermind; 05-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #64
Apostapler
Forum Regular

In a case like this where there are no leads, there isn't really any idea that would be "grasping at straws". Brainstorming possible scenarios can help investigators (amateur and professional) come up with ideas and notice details that no one has before. No one is saying AJ killed anyone, but looking at different angles may help bring out new information or ideas.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #65
lotjx
Occasional Poster

There is brainstorming then there is pulling stuff out of your ass. Suggesting this person is a possible murder is ridiculous. Also, these wild speculation takes away from the real facts of the case. Its a giant waste of time and taking away from actually figuring out the case. It screams more of a cry of attention when these things come out.

The evidence in the case is the eye witness testimony, the car, the note, the victim's background and the phone booth where he made a car. As for your questions.

1. Why do you assume it was a "smart criminal"? HeCould easily have been a crime of passion or botched attempted robbery.

-Again, the facts of the case says other wise. Unless you are suggesting he was gay and the guys who took him where part of a gay orgy gone bad. Again, aliens would make more sense.

2. It is far more common for criminals to not dispose of the body. To simply leave it there. In many cases the disposal of the body is not even practical and possible. Not everyone has a "Satrialle's" at their disposal.

-We are not talking about other cases. We are talking about this praticular case where he was possibly abducted first not killed on the spot. The crimenals at this point have a choice they can dump the body off somewhere and take their chances the body, location and host of other things would lead to them or they can bury the body somewhere where no one can find it. A smart criminal with time on their hand will do the burial or even cremation since it makes it harder to find and convict the criminal.

a. organized crime murders where the organization doesn;t want a body count attracting police into their other activities.

-Is that a statement or a question? I choose c, but again I am saying that disposing the body in public is stupid and done mainly out of ego then anything else.

4. People tend to forget that more forensic evidence is created via the disposal of the bodies.

-Right, so disposing of the body in a public way is not a good idea, thanks for proving my point.

As for Scott Peterson, you are right, but we are not talking about this case. In this case, the criminals have something Scott didn't have, their face in the spotlight. They came in out of nowhere took AJ and left. Scott had to stand in the spotlight of media, family and friends where he knew they would question him. In this case, we don't even have a name to who was in the car with AJ. Like I said before, I think he probably went on a bender with some friends have a stressful incident and was to embarrassed to come back to his family. However, no one not seeing him after this long as well as the mulitple witnesses seeing him in the car with other people is rather disturbing. Since if those people have nothing to hide would have come forward by now. There is two realistic possiblities, he went off the wagon and the second is he was into something so secret or moved so fast he was adbucted and later murdered. I would love to know who he called at that phone booth and I'm a little shocked we know nothing about that or if they fingerprinted the note.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #66
Apostapler
Forum Regular

We were brainstorming ideas about why someone would want to disappear intentionally...
Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #67
Mastermind

Quote:
In this case, the criminals have something Scott didn't have, their face in the spotlight.
How do you know the murderer's face won;tbe in the spotlight.

For all we know the mayor of the town may have killed AJ Breaux.

Quote:

-Again, the facts of the case says other wise. Unless you are suggesting he was gay and the guys who took him where part of a gay orgy gone bad. Again, aliens would make more sense.
There is no evidence that AJ Breaux was involved in homosexual activity or extra-terrestrial contact. Unless you have evidence to contary?

What facts are you referring to that suggest that this was a skilled crime?

AJ may have simply gotten killed in a drunken fight or killed someone in a drunken fight.

I'm actually more partial to AJ Breaux getting drunk in a near empty bar late at night and being involved in scuffle that led to someone's death.

A simple drunken skirmish that is quite common as a cause of death.

Quote:

-Is that a statement or a question? I choose c, but again I am saying that disposing the body in public is stupid and done mainly out of ego then anything else.
It was a statement listing the reasons why someone would hide a body.

I don;t get what you mean by "disposing the body in public"?

Quote:
mulitple witnesses seeing him in the car with other people is rather disturbing.
All of which may be innacurate.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #68
lotjx
Occasional Poster

There is no evidence that AJ Breaux was involved in homosexual activity or extra-terrestrial contact. Unless you have evidence to contary?

AJ may have simply gotten killed in a drunken fight or killed someone in a drunken fight.

I'm actually more partial to AJ Breaux getting drunk in a near empty bar late at night and being involved in scuffle that led to someone's death.

-Then we would have found a body by now. It also doesn't mesh with the car with no prints being found in a forest. Was there a bar in the forest or nearby if so, did anyone see him at the bar? If there was a struggle at a public place like a bar or parking lot depending on the time, there could be an eyewitness or multiple witnesses. I am not saying the lack of eye witness make it less possible, but you are saying that we should ignore the eye witness who come forward. That is insane. Three of the four eye witness saw him with three people in a car. Granted, the car in question only matches two of the eye witness accounts and not the one with the forest groundsman. Doesn't mean they didn't change cars between the forest groundsman and the other two witnesses. That makes more sense then drunk fight gets out of hand with no physical evidence. Seems you are throwing out facts to prove your own theory.

I am not suggesting aliens or gay orge, I am saying how your theories might as well lead to aliens or gay mafia. As for Scott Peterson, he was going to be questioned about the crime regardless if he did it or not. The mayor of the town is not going to be questioned about a missing person unless he was last seen with the person, relative or so on. The eye witnesses could not identify the people in the car with him, so they are probably out of towners who won't have the spotlight on them then say the spouse of the murder victim. Disposing the body in public has some double meanings. The first meaning is the found in a spot that anyone would find them. The second meaning is the murder phones in the whereabouts of the victim. Granted, there was a note, but the fact nothing was found at the spot and we don't know if they finger printed the note which I would have done ASAP.

Again, I do agree the facts tend to conclud of this being a case of a guy deciding to say "Screw it" with his life and doing an extreme version of the Hangover with some drinking bodies. Yet, even after all its said done. Eventually, either a body, a suspect or even the victim would have poped up along the way. If he was a John Doe, shouldn't his finger prints be on file since he was a missing person when the cops did find him? The only other theory that is plausible is he was at the wrong place, at the wrong time at some point of time during that week. If he was abducted, I find it odd someone let him make a phone call and drive him around town. Unless, it was to give the impression he was off the wagon and throw the cops off the trail. Regardless, its an odd set of events and lets to more questions then answers. I think your way of getting the same conclusion is more arm chair police work which is very overrated and wrong more often then not.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #69
lotjx
Occasional Poster

-Then we would have found a body by now. It also doesn't mesh with the car with no prints being found in a forest. Was there a bar in the forest or nearby if so, did anyone see him at the bar? If there was a struggle at a public place like a bar or parking lot depending on the time, there could be an eyewitness or multiple witnesses. I am not saying the lack of eye witness make it less possible, but you are saying that we should ignore the eye witness who come forward. That is insane. Three of the four eye witness saw him with three people in a car. Granted, the car in question only matches two of the eye witness accounts and not the one with the forest groundsman. Doesn't mean they didn't change cars between the forest groundsman and the other two witnesses. That makes more sense then drunk fight gets out of hand with no physical evidence. Seems you are throwing out facts to prove your own theory.

I am not suggesting aliens or gay orge, I am saying how your theories might as well lead to aliens or gay mafia. As for Scott Peterson, he was going to be questioned about the crime regardless if he did it or not. The mayor of the town is not going to be questioned about a missing person unless he was last seen with the person, relative or so on. The eye witnesses could not identify the people in the car with him, so they are probably out of towners who won't have the spotlight on them then say the spouse of the murder victim. Disposing the body in public has some double meanings. The first meaning is the found in a spot that anyone would find them. The second meaning is the murder phones in the whereabouts of the victim. Granted, there was a note, but the fact nothing was found at the spot and we don't know if they finger printed the note which I would have done ASAP.

Again, I do agree the facts tend to conclud of this being a case of a guy deciding to say "Screw it" with his life and doing an extreme version of the Hangover with some drinking bodies. Yet, even after all its said done. Eventually, either a body, a suspect or even the victim would have poped up along the way. If he was a John Doe, shouldn't his finger prints be on file since he was a missing person when the cops did find him? The only other theory that is plausible is he was at the wrong place, at the wrong time at some point of time during that week. If he was abducted, I find it odd someone let him make a phone call and drive him around town. Unless, it was to give the impression he was off the wagon and throw the cops off the trail. Regardless, its an odd set of events and lets to more questions then answers. I think your way of getting the same conclusion is more arm chair police work which is very overrated and wrong more often then not.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #70
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotjx
I think your way of getting the same conclusion is more arm chair police work which is very overrated and wrong more often then not.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #71
Mastermind

Quote:
I think your way of getting the same conclusion is more arm chair police work which is very overrated and wrong more often then not.
And your not doing armchair detective work?

What is your connection to this case?

You do realize, lotjix, that this is a missing person's case, not a homicide case.

In missing persons cases all possibilities need to be considered, until the body or the living individual is found.

In missing persons cases there is little if any evidence.

In missing persons cases you usually lack the crime scene which is of immense importance in any criminal case.

In a burglary, you have the house or place that was broken into.
In a murder

You don;t know if your subject is
1. A fugitive
2. A runaway
3. A murder victim
4. a living accident victim (amnesia)
5. A dead accident victim
6. abductee or kidnap victim ( or bothched abductee/kidnap victim)

Those are the unique problems in a missing persons case.

Unlike a murder case all possibilities must be considered in a missing persons case until you come across a body or identify a crime scene.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #72
lotjx
Occasional Poster

I actually worked in a police station for a few years. Arm chair dectective for me is more old hat considering I have actually been trained in procedure. Its more like free consulting for me and excerise of the mind. As for your numerous lists of what a missing person can be, lets stick to the facts of this case instead of jumping off into wild generalization which after reading a few your posts in threads you tend to do.

In this case, we are talking about not all missing persons which tend to be uniquely different, you have multiple eye witness saying he was in the car with people who appear to be from out of town. You have 2 out of the 3 people identifying the same car. You have a note and a phone call that the police can pull evidence from or didn't. There is no body that can be found if the victim is dead. All the eye witness testimony shows the victim to be confused, but only one says alchol is involved. The last eye witness to me is interesting, she did recongize him from the missing posters and then id him in the mug shot instead of the most recent picture. It would probably have been easier to id him the most recent picture since that is what they probably used for the poster instead of the mug shot. I think she is more credible then people give her credit for. The most rational conclusion is that he went off the wagon and left his life behind. However, I don't discount foul play could be involved, but driving him around town even in make shift clothing is asking for trouble. The problem I have are these wild theories you bring to the table that have nothing to do with the case, its all generalization which is not going to help anyone.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #73
Mastermind

Quote:
I actually worked in a police station for a few years. Arm chair dectective for me is more old hat considering I have actually been trained in procedure.
With all due, respect. There would be no way of verifying that as well as verifying any claims by me. Sadly this is the problem of internet anonymity.

This is not in regards to you, but to anyone that posts here. We've had people on this forum claim to be lots of things (myself included). In essence there is no way to verify anyones,

BTW, out of curiosity..what did you do at the police station. I assume you were not a cop, because you used the words "worked in a police station for a few years". You didn;t say " I used to be a cop".

Quote:
You have 2 out of the 3 people identifying the same car.
Quote:
The problem I have are these wild theories you bring to the table that have nothing to do with the case, its all generalization which is not going to help anyone.
1. Sure it does, if AJ Breaux killed someone he owed money too, it would explain a lot of details.

2. If your willing to buy that AJ Breaux's body was hidden, why could it not work that AJ Breaux hid a body and then went on the lam.

3. Your missing the biggest point of the theory. That if AJ Breaux was going to lam it indefinitely....the reason for the departure had to be serious enough

I take offense at the "wild theory" part.

The theory I have taken (barring any new evidence) is that AJ Breaux left on his own. Reasons of which are undetermined. Bu if I had to guess a reason, it would be that AJ felt he would either arrested or killed by someone if he didn;t leave.

For AJ to leave his familty because he thought he was arrested....the offense would have to be something great. Such as murder, fraud and grand larceny.

I don;t think what I suggest is far-fetched.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #74
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by lotjx I actually worked in a police station for a few years.
Yeah, you coulda been the freakin' janitor for all we know

Not that there's anything wrong with that -janitorial duty is not an easy task
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #75
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hmm, personally, I have always found it suspicious that AJ's car was found where it was. I have kicked around the idea that possibly AJ went to help someone he was sponsoring or someone that called him through AA or another support group for alcoholics (I am not sure if AJ belonged to AA or another club but I know a nickname for AA is the 'easy does it club') and maybe he tried to intervene with someone that was drunk and angry and he got killed? I do think if AJ was murdered that robbery was not the motive. Someone in an alcoholic blackout could kill someone and not remember actually doing it.

It is also possible that AJ did fall off of the wagon and go on a bender and either because he did not want to stop drinking or was ashamed of falling off the wagon and did not want to face his family over it or whatever reason he felt the need to run away, that is possible too. While this is still officially a missing person's case, AJ's family had him declared legally dead back in the late 90's.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote