Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
dynoguy88

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
What we should really focus is the three men in car with AJ. I get the feeling that they were bad individuals. Why didn't AJ wave to his friend? Perhaps AJ was too afraid to wave back at his friend. It didn't sound like he was in a comfortable situation. Plus, they were the last people seen with AJ.
The way that scene was reenacted in the segment was very eerie. Especially when it was shown again later in slow motion - the neighbor waves and A.J. doesn't wave back, he just looks outside the window of the car with this look on his face as if he's saying, "Help me!" It just breaks my heart.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #17
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
The way that scene was reenacted in the segment was very eerie. Especially when it was shown again later in slow motion - the neighbor waves and A.J. doesn't wave back, he just looks outside the window of the car with this look on his face as if he's saying, "Help me!" It just breaks my heart.

Very sad.

Let's not forget the man who had known A.J. since his childhood. He said, "Had I known he was missing, he would've been found then because I knew who he was."
SitcomsAreTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
mattc
Forum Regular

Def. one of the best segments ever. I tend to think foul play must have been involved, only because of the sighting of him buying milk the night he disappeared. If he was on the bottle again, or planning on killing himself, I feel that he would not have done something so normal and unassuming. It appeared that he was picking up milk and heading home.

I think he was either abducted in the convenient store parking lot, or on his way home from the store, he was driving by the park (where his car was found) and saw someone that appeared to be in trouble (perhaps someone pretending to have car trouble), or someone getting mugged, etc.. and he stopped to help them, and was taken against his will. That would explain why his car still had his wallet in it, etc. I wonder if the milk was in his car when they found it?

Anyone know?
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #19
Mastermind

I think that AJ was both murdered and was back on the bottle.
His alcoholism may have attributed to his death.

1.My first thought on this case was that AJ was killed because of a gambling debt of some sort. Those men in the car were probably trying to get their money back. When it became obvious that AJ was not going to be able to pay, they made the decision to kill him.

2.I also wouldn't rule out AJ being involved in some scam. He may have been murdered by angry investors.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
UMfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I think that AJ was both murdered and was back on the bottle.
His alcoholism may have attributed to his death.
From what the lady sitting on the porch said (AJ was trying to sell fish to her), he smelled like alcohol and was trembling. So that would back up the assumption that he was back on the bottle.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #21
UnsolvedMystFan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMfan77
From what the lady sitting on the porch said (AJ was trying to sell fish to her), he smelled like alcohol and was trembling. So that would back up the assumption that he was back on the bottle.
Gosh, I really have to say I found her 'sighting' the LEAST credible. I'm not saying that no strange bum approached her, just not AJ.
UnsolvedMystFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:38 AM   #22
Apostapler
Forum Regular

I didn't believe the sighting was credible either. It doesn't make sense that AJ was still alive at that time, leaving behind his car and possessions, then is selling fish from a van.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #23
UnsolvedMystFan
Frequent Poster

You know it never ceases to amaze me the amount of rather wacky info UM would sometimes toss into their broadcasts. It wasn't often, but you would think only the hardest evidence would be submitted for broadcast; there would only be millions upon millions of people watching, after all. They did get better in later seasons though.

I think it's fairly obvious what happened to the man, he was abducted almost immediately after walking out of the convenience store and just did not make it out alive. This would be the only sensible explanation for me as he left everything behind including his wallet and extra cash that he could've used, and certainly buying a gallon of milk (and arguing about the cost) does not fit the profile of someone suicidal.

The first sighting was credible, that was by a life-long friend. The second matched the details of the first too identically to be a fake. And what most people fail to undestand is that when missing-persons cases like these receive more-than-usual attention you're always bound to have at least a few people pop up and claim they saw something. Wasn't it Wanda Jean Mays who died after falling off of a cliff, yet people 'sighted' her for years afterward when this absolutely couldn't be possible?
UnsolvedMystFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #24
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsolvedMystFan
You know it never ceases to amaze me the amount of rather wacky info UM would sometimes toss into their broadcasts. It wasn't often, but you would think only the hardest evidence would be submitted for broadcast; there would only be millions upon millions of people watching, after all. They did get better in later seasons though.

I think it's fairly obvious what happened to the man, he was abducted almost immediately after walking out of the convenience store and just did not make it out alive. This would be the only sensible explanation for me as he left everything behind including his wallet and extra cash that he could've used, and certainly buying a gallon of milk (and arguing about the cost) does not fit the profile of someone suicidal.

The first sighting was credible, that was by a life-long friend. The second matched the details of the first too identically to be a fake. And what most people fail to undestand is that when missing-persons cases like these receive more-than-usual attention you're always bound to have at least a few people pop up and claim they saw something. Wasn't it Wanda Jean Mays who died after falling off of a cliff, yet people 'sighted' her for years afterward when this absolutely couldn't be possible?
Yeah that was the one.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #25
mattc
Forum Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I guess what I'm wondering though is why was he abducted. One would think that the police would have discovered some sort of shady business dealings, etc, were they actually going on, whereas it seems that his family is still totally baffled by what happened.

I think you're right though, that he probably had something going on that others didn't know about.. mastermind's idea about gambling a smart one... especially since he already had addiction issues, perhaps he was having trouble steering clear of gambling and it caught up with him.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #26
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

This case has always saddened me, I cannot imagine my dad just dissapearing one day, never to be heard from again. AJ seemed like a really good guy, someone that had worked hard to rebuild his life after being in the hell of alcoholism.

I'm really on the fence as to what happened to him, though. If he had been abducted, why would he have just been hanging out at that pay phone where he was sighted? wouldn't he have tried to make a run for it or yell for help? especially when someone he knew walked right by him and greeted him. If that really was AJ who was sighted, and there was some foul play afoot, I have to think there was much more to the story than a random stranger abduction. As Mastermind suggested, perhaps AJ was in debt or in dealings with some not-so-upstanding characters. I'm not attempting to speak negatively of him or pass judgment on him at all, we're all human and we all make poor choices from time to time. Maybe he had simply gotten in over his head and it caught up to him.

The other suggestion was that AJ had fallen back on the bottle. Given his past, I don't think that can be discounted. Maybe something was going seriously wrong in his life (see above theory) and it provoked a slip in his sobriety. Case in point, my mom is a recovering alcoholic and recently took a major spill off the wagon after a death in the family. It does happen, and sometimes the alcoholic is so filled with guilt and shame that they don't want to face their family and friends, it is easier to run away. That said, I got the impression that AJ was a very loving father and I can't imagine that he has been voluntarily staying away for all these years, without so much as a letter or phone call to let someone know he is at least alive.

So, ultimately, I do think AJ met with foul play. What led up to it or why it happened is the real mystery. I hope his family finds some answers one day.
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #27
Mastermind

Quote:
I'm really on the fence as to what happened to him, though. If he had been abducted, why would he have just been hanging out at that pay phone where he was sighted
Perhaps the abduters knew he would not go anywhere. AJ may have known they could find him and kill him at any time. Plus, AJ probably has to consider these guys could kill his family as wel if he escaped. It was most likely a "no-win" situation for AJ.

As I said before, I could easily see a scenario were AJ was jacked by some people he owed money to. These guys probably stripped his clothes and beat him up. They made an ultimatum to him--Get the money to us by a certain time or you die!.

Sadly I don;t think AJ got the money in time.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #28
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
You know it never ceases to amaze me the amount of rather wacky info UM would sometimes toss into their broadcasts. ...Wasn't it Wanda Jean Mays who died after falling off of a cliff, yet people 'sighted' her for years afterward when this absolutely couldn't be possible?
Yeah, when it comes to flat-out-wrong eye witnesses, I always think about Kerry Lynn Nixon and Lisa Kimmel. That woman was sooooo sure she saw KLN at a picnic and - whoops - her supposed friend got amnesia when the police showed up to question her. What??? We don't even have to get into the whole New Kids on the Block thing (although it was nice of them to put out a public plea for her return).

There were so many people who called in claiming that they saw Lisa Kimmel's car. And this is a situation where you're not just looking for a face (like in the A.J. Breaux or KLN cases), you have very specific description of the car. Most of those people were flat out wrong or flat out lying. I realize that most people are trying to help, and maybe they wished they saw what they thought they saw...which led to them actually believing it. I just don't understand people sometimes!

Also, I'd just like to add that I really love it when UM profile cases in Louisiana because I find the accents fascinating!
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #29
egswanso
Forum Regular

I think it just shows the problem with most eyewitness reports. Close encounters by people who know the person well are one thing, but once it comes to strangers, it's a pretty dubious proposition, and that's leaving aside the scammers.

Here, I think the lady in Lockport had someone come to her door, but I would doubt it was AJ Breaux. Her ID as portrayed in the segment was pretty sketchy.

Personally, I think that SC lady in the Kari Lyn Nixon case was just lying.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #30
Mastermind

Quote:
Quote:
Personally, I think that SC lady in the Kari Lyn Nixon case was just lying.
I'm surprised it wasn't picked up upon earlier that it was not true.

What person tells you their full name to a stranger?

When someone you meet on th says what is your name? You usually just give your first name.