Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

One Day at a Time links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / One Day at a Time Photo Gallery

One Day at a Time - The Complete First Season

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete First Season on DVD
One Day at a Time - The Complete Series

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > One Day at a Time

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #121
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

The box set edits out the true beginning of So Long Mom that Logo put back in.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #122
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus

WHAT?? Are you kidding?

Right now I am watching "Yes sir that's my baby"! Just on a whim, a non Max ep. ! This is a really good ep. And Cliff is a hotty!

If there was a Season 10, how cool would it be if Barbara ran into Cliff somewhere and just for old times sake and as friends they went to lunch or something and there is a spark still between them and Barbara contemplates cheating on Mark!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #123
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
WHAT?? Are you kidding?
It's true. At the real beginning, Barbara is trying to hint to Mom how crowded it is around the apartment (That's when she calls Max a beard with a mouth ,which I remember excitedly posting when Logo ran it). Box set edits it out.

Quote:

If there was a Season 10, how cool would it be if Barbara ran into Cliff somewhere and just for old times sake and as friends they went to lunch or something and there is a spark still between them and Barbara contemplates cheating on Mark!
A big no from me. Especially after The Nearness of You ("When he kissed me, I liked it"), that would really paint Barbara in a bad light.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #124
Svenfan1234
Carole King = Queen of Music
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Logo hacked that scene up probably... There were probably no available prints for Shout to use other than the edited one. maybe you remember incorrectly? Pull up a quote because I don't believe that The Butcher Network would have it.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #125
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234
Logo hacked that scene up probably... There were probably no available prints for Shout to use other than the edited one. maybe you remember incorrectly? Pull up a quote because I don't believe that The Butcher Network would have it.

Yes, it is true that Antenna cut that scene out and LOGO left it in. The "Mouth with a beard" comment really jumped out at me when LOGO ran it ! I know Antenna did not keep that in. I would remember anything Max related, esp.if it has to do with his mouth!

What surprises me is the box set cutting it out, but Opus is a reliable source!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #126
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, but your LOGO psychosis isn't the point here. All I'm saying is the version on Logo had dialogue at the very beginning that wasn't on the box set (or Antenna). You're just going to have to accept that.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #127
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
It's true. At the real beginning, Barbara is trying to hint to Mom how crowded it is around the apartment (That's when she calls Max a beard with a mouth ,which I remember excitedly posting when Logo ran it). Box set edits it out.

Yeah right, that's true, Barbara being tempted twice would kinda be overkill!! How about Cliff is happily married too, and they just still run into each other and go for lunch, but Mark is very jealous anyway or say Max sees them at the restaurant and not knowing Cliff he jumps to conclusions and to tell or not to tell Mark ?kind of thing and hijinks ensue!

A big no from me. Especially after The Nearness of You ("When he kissed me, I liked it"), that would really paint Barbara in a bad light.

Oh no I just posted my response within your post!!
Old 05-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #128
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Oh no I just posted my response within your post!!
Don't worry, I'll fix it....

Quote:
Yeah right, that's true, Barbara being tempted twice would kinda be overkill!! How about Cliff is happily married too, and they just still run into each other and go for lunch, but Mark is very jealous anyway or say Max sees them at the restaurant and not knowing Cliff he jumps to conclusions and to tell or not to tell Mark ?kind of thing and hijinks ensue!
That story works better. Mark can be jealous of Cliff and worry to Max about it.

Remember Bob's wife Molly was a skydiver? How about they come back and book a skydiving trip with Barbara, Mark, Max, Bob, and Molly? The 'B" plot is Grandma home alone with Annie.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #129
Svenfan1234
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, but your LOGO psychosis isn't the point here. All I'm saying is the version on Logo had dialogue at the very beginning that wasn't on the box set (or Antenna). You're just going to have to accept that.
It was probably very short and brief. There are only two of 209 episodes edited, so that isn't bad.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #130
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Don't worry, I'll fix it....

That story works better. Mark can be jealous of Cliff and worry to Max about it.

Remember Bob's wife Molly was a skydiver? How about they come back and book a skydiving trip with Barbara, Mark, Max, Bob, and Molly? The 'B" plot is Grandma home alone with Annie.

Yeah , the Cliff ep. could be like a Three;s company type ep. A series of misunderstandings and overhearing things wrong that leads Mark and Max to believe their is hanky panky between Barbara and Cliff when really this is none! You know like on Three's company a lot of the eps. are like that!

If there was a Season ten or a Royer/Horvath spinoff I really think Bob and Molly should have joined the cast , they could move in the house next door and be their neighbors!
Old 05-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #131
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
It was probably very short and brief. There are only two of 209 episodes edited, so that isn't bad.
It's just sad when DVD's are edited, especially when we have proof that the footage exists.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #132
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Yeah , the Cliff ep. could be like a Three;s company type ep. A series of misunderstandings and overhearing things wrong that leads Mark and Max to believe their is hanky panky between Barbara and Cliff when really this is none! You know like on Three's company a lot of the eps. are like that!

If there was a Season ten or a Royer/Horvath spinoff I really think Bob and Molly should have joined the cast , they could move in the house next door and be their neighbors!
The continuing theme of season 10 of course would be finding Max a girlfriend. Do you know anyone who would volunteer for the job?
Old 05-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #133
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
The continuing theme of season 10 of course would be finding Max a girlfriend. Do you know anyone who would volunteer for the job?

The blonde lady from the pond ! what actress could play her?
Old 05-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #134
Svenfan1234
Forum Veteran

Quote:
It's just sad when DVD's are edited, especially when we have proof that the footage exists.
Still, the original open would have been 2 minutes. Logo was probably a few seconds to 20 seconds tops. Oh, well. Logo crapped up ODAAT and Shout gave us a 99% uncut set. I'm not gonna complain.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:37 PM   #135
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
The blonde lady from the pond ! what actress could play her?
Oops. Casting is not my strong point. This is where you need Anna
Closed Thread

Tags
vb