Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-29-2019, 08:59 AM   #46
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

The whole overweight and unattractive vs thin and attractive sounds like nothing more than bitterness.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #47
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thcorps View Post
The whole overweight and unattractive vs thin and attractive sounds like nothing more than bitterness.
Then ignore that and prove the rest of my logic wrong if you can.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #48
freakbook

dp
Old 04-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #49
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook View Post
Then ignore that and prove the rest of my logic wrong if you can.
"Logic"? Too easy...... I'm moving on........
5thcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:08 AM   #50
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thcorps View Post
"Logic"? Too easy...... I'm moving on........
Yeah, I figured you couldn't. Toodles.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #51
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
While I certainly agree that Rob almost certainly didn't do it I am always puzzled as to why so many people are so quick to jump to his defence. Is it because he is apparently good looking and not creepy? Is it because he was very well spoken?

The fact such a clearly identifable truck was not found in such a small city and she was pregnant (and they were both not ready for a family) are two very strong pieces of evidence Rob's story doesn't add up: people have been sent to prison for far less. Makes you wonder how easily literally any innocent family member in that situation could be accused of a crime.
About your two pieces of evidence:

1. Angela was 20, Rob was 19. Certainly not an ideal age to have a baby but not impossible. They were engaged (he gave her a diamond ring) and they were temporarily living together in a rented trailer until Rob would enlist in the army just 3 months later, where I assume he and Angela would have gotten military spouse and family benefits. So you can't say for sure if they were not ready for a family. They already had more going for them than other young expecting parents at that age and by all accounts from family and friends, they were happy.

2. The fish decal is the only thing that makes the truck identifiable. You're not going to notice it unless you're driving behind it or standing next to it, like Angela was. Otherwise, it looks like any other old truck you could pass every day. It's also late at night in tiny little Clinton, Missouri. It's not a 24 hour city with a hopping night life and tons of people out on the streets at such an hour. If the driver of the truck was from out of town then it's certainly no surprise that the truck couldn't be located by police or remembered by locals before the abduction.

Yes, to me, Rob came across as sincere and well spoken. But I mainly believe he is innocent because of these indisputable facts...

1. Angela's friend Kyla verified they were together until 11:20 p.m.
2. Rob's little brother verified he and Rob were together until Rob ran out of the house at 11:45 p.m.
3. Phone records verify the call between the phone booth and the house.
4. Police can verify that Rob entered the police station at midnight to report the incident, with his truck exactly where he said it was, broken transmission and all.

Over the course of 15 short minutes, he could not have found, murdered and successfully hidden a body in time to arrive at the police to report a fake abduction. I understand why the police looked at him originally. It's routine to investigate family first. But the timeline does NOT add up for him to be involved.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #52
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post

1. Angela was 20, Rob was 19. Certainly not an ideal age to have a baby but not impossible. They were engaged (he gave her a diamond ring) and they were temporarily living together in a rented trailer until Rob would enlist in the army just 3 months later, where I assume he and Angela would have gotten military spouse and family benefits. So you can't say for sure if they were not ready for a family. They already had more going for them than other young expecting parents at that age and by all accounts from family and friends, they were happy.

2. The fish decal is the only thing that makes the truck identifiable. You're not going to notice it unless you're driving behind it or standing next to it, like Angela was. Otherwise, it looks like any other old truck you could pass every day. It's also late at night in tiny little Clinton, Missouri. It's not a 24 hour city with a hopping night life and tons of people out on the streets at such an hour. If the driver of the truck was from out of town then it's certainly no surprise that the truck couldn't be located by police or remembered by locals before the abduction.

Yes, to me, Rob came across as sincere and well spoken. But I mainly believe he is innocent because of these indisputable facts...

2. Rob's little brother verified he and Rob were together until Rob ran out of the house at 11:45 p.m.
4. Police can verify that Rob entered the police station at midnight to report the incident, with his truck exactly where he said it was, broken transmission and all.

Over the course of 15 short minutes, he could not have found, murdered and successfully hidden a body in time to arrive at the police to report a fake abduction. I understand why the police looked at him originally. It's routine to investigate family first. But the timeline does NOT add up for him to be involved.
LOGIC is the appropriate description of THIS post. Thank you for writing it.

Last edited by 5thcorps; 04-29-2019 at 03:41 PM.
5thcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:40 PM   #53
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:

And BOOM goes the dynamite...

Nice post, dynoguy!
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #54
freakbook

Quote:

Who's to say all he had was 15 minutes? Angela and Kyla parted ways around 11:15 p.m. and then she called Rob. It was established that the phones were connected for 30 minutes, but were they actually talking for the full 30 minutes?

What if there was a fight/argument over the phone and Angie didn't hang up, and Rob didn't hang up and shot up to the pay phone where Angie was? What if their phone conversation lasted 3 minutes, but was connected for 30? Outside of what Rob said, we have no actual knowledge what the phone conversation was about, so it's plausible that there was a fight over the phone which made Rob run to where Angie was. After that is anyone's guess.

Facts about this case:

- Phone connection around 11:15-11:20 for 30 minutes (just because it was connected doesn't mean the conversation lasted 30 minutes)
- Rob's transmission blew out
- Around midnight Rob entered the police station

Also Rob's transmission blowing out isn't a sign of his innocence, what if he was driving or backing up in rough terrain after burying/discarding her body?

No one has seen this truck, and I find it bizarre that he chased this "truck" right in the nick of time, but never mentioned anything about his license plate despite trailing behind it.

He did it, or he's lying about seeing the truck so he wouldn't appear guilty "I seen and chased it so it COULDN'T have been me". Yeah right.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:37 PM   #55
freakbook

I wonder if Rob was the jealous type, or fought with Angela about her ex who was the possible father of her unborn child? It's said he proposed to her after she told him she was pregnant. What if Angela told him that her ex might be the father? What if the ex told Rob he was the father and that angered Rob and he killed Angela out of jealousy/pain?

I can't imagine being 18 years old and engaged to the woman who I THOUGHT was pregnant with my child, only to have the carpet pulled from under my feet. I really wonder what happened between them that day.

I wonder if they got into an argument earlier in the day and it carried over into the time she called? I mean her friend could've just dropped her off at Rob's where he was babysitting and they could've rode home together. Maybe they were fighting, or Rob was acting irrational so she called from a pay phone to see if he cooled down?

Something is off about this story.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:02 AM   #56
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

But wouldn't your brain be wired to automatically focus on the situation at hand and not memorize a license plate?
Old 04-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #57
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler View Post
But wouldn't your brain be wired to automatically focus on the situation at hand and not memorize a license plate?
Perhaps. When his car broke down you'd think he would glance at it so he could tell the police atleast a state. He said he was tailing him with his highbeams on but he never got curious to look at the plates? It's also odd how descriptive of the truck Angela was (in which she should've been getting into her own car) and she never said anything about the license plate either.

She's creeped out by this circling car, so instead of leaving, she by the grace of God describes every detail of the man and truck but never reads Rob the license plate?
Old 04-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #58
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook View Post
and none of this makes you question Rob?
I never said anything about Rob.

But aside from the reasons stated already, I doubt the police would have cleared him if they didn't have good reason, police would be quick to put it on the boyfriend if they could.

Also, if Rob did it, he had to have rushed to the police station to report the crime at once. He had absolutely no reason to do that if he had killed her. He could have taken all night to have disposed of the body and got his story straight and the police would never have been the wiser. It would have been at least morning before Angie was missed. His rushing straight to the police station in my view could mean only he was genuinely trying to report the crime in time to save her. I can't think of any other reason for him to report the abduction that quickly. Just not the actions of a guilty man.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:10 PM   #59
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur View Post
But aside from the reasons stated already, I doubt the police would have cleared him if they didn't have good reason, police would be quick to put it on the boyfriend if they could.

Also, if Rob did it, he had to have rushed to the police station to report the crime at once. He had absolutely no reason to do that if he had killed her. He could have taken all night to have disposed of the body and got his story straight and the police would never have been the wiser. It would have been at least morning before Angie was missed. His rushing straight to the police station in my view could mean only he was genuinely trying to report the crime in time to save her. I can't think of any other reason for him to report the abduction that quickly. Just not the actions of a guilty man.
The police only "cleared" him and the ex-boyfriend because they couldn't find anything. Again, this doesn't mean that he's innocent. He also had Angela's family in his corner saying he was innocent, so I'm sure that helped.

Completely incorrect about him not having to rush to the police station if he did it. If Rob did commit the murder and he waited until morning then what would his story be? They lived together, so if he went home and she wasn't there and he didn't report it until morning then he would definitely look suspicious given the fact that Angela's friend dropped her off.

Also at the time Rob was 18, I wouldn't have him to have the cool and composure to murder his pregnant girlfriend and hide everything and wait until morning. It's possible there was a physical altercation in which he didn't mean to kill her, freaked out and ran to the police.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #60
freakbook

Also polygraph test are unreliable, hence why they're no longer used in court. So Rob passing one isn't impressive and doesn't relieve him of guilt