Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
Maybe it was just wishful thinking on their part (one perpetrator, not as much work).
I believe the investigators were pretty adamant that Angela Hammond's case was not related to Trudy Darby. That's what's so confusing to me. At first their were adamant that it was, now they're saying it's not.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
Steve W.
Forum Regular

They might have been trying to "save face".
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
1990UMFan
Occasional Poster

And maybe in the beginning, they just went on the basis of an assumption. "Hmm, similar disappearance not too far away around the same time, probably same guy(s)", without any real evidence outside of just assuming because of the timing, MO and whatnot that the same people or group was responsible for both disappearances. The Clinton PD in those days may not have been the best funded or been the best staffed in 1991. And I don't think the FBI ever got involved with either the Darby or Hammond disappearance. Local PDs, especially in tiny towns like Clinton, could make mistakes and just assume.

It still strikes me as weird that at least 3-6 serial killers were "hunting" in the Missouri area during the late '80s/early '90s. They say at any given moment there are about 30 serial killers nationwide. That so many would be in one region of the country in a small period of time is incredibly weird.
1990UMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #19
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

I know a guy like Hall probably has no soul, but since I am assuming he is in jail for his many other crimes what is stopping him from confessing to Angela's disappearance? Surely he would have remembered a highly publicized case like this and said "Oh yeah, I remember that one, got a break there." Why not just admit to the murder and give the family some closure?
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
I know a guy like Hall probably has no soul, but since I am assuming he is in jail for his many other crimes what is stopping him from confessing to Angela's disappearance? Surely he would have remembered a highly publicized case like this and said "Oh yeah, I remember that one, got a break there." Why not just admit to the murder and give the family some closure?
From what I understand, Hall supposedly doesn't remember a lot of his crimes to well, its been speculated that he killed in an altered state. I don't really buy it, I have always been dubious about the altered state theory, to me its just something used by killers to try to deflect some responsibility for the crimes they commit. But its possible.

His case is strange, mostly because he has never actually been convicted f murder, he is serving life in North Carolina for a Federal kidnapping charge. But it is belived he was involved in a number of murders.

Hall's resemblance to the abductor and the fact that Angela Hammond resembles his victims is very telling, only thing precluding him is the fact that he was never known to own a pickup truck. I don't think is a deal breaker though.

I hope this is the solution, because Hall has expressed remorse for his crimes and there is always a chance if it was him he could give Angela's family closure.

This may shed some light on the whole thing:
http://www.truecrimediary.com/index....e=cases&id=174

It is unclear whether or not Hall has been directly questioned in Angela Hammond's dissappearance, or many of the murders he's been suspected of.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #21
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur
Hall's resemblance to the abductor and the fact that Angela Hammond resembles his victims is very telling, only thing precluding him is the fact that he was never known to own a pickup truck. I don't think is a deal breaker though.
Just really strange that the only two people who claim it was a pick up truck were Angela and then Rob from second hand information. Yes I know other "eyewitnesses" saw a truck, but we all know it isn't always the most reliable method. Is it possible there have been rabbit holes chased this entire time?
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:34 PM   #22
Ksherm
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
Just really strange that the only two people who claim it was a pick up truck were Angela and then Rob from second hand information. Yes I know other "eyewitnesses" saw a truck, but we all know it isn't always the most reliable method. Is it possible there have been rabbit holes chased this entire time?
The whole abduction story has never made any sense...

Why would Angela go to payphone at midnight when she could have just drove down the street to Rob's house?

Why would Angela stay at the payphone for several minutes describing the creepy man and his truck in great detail, giving Rob moment by moment updates on what the man was doing?

How could Rob have heard Angela scream his name while he and the truck passed each other at such high speeds?

It seems the main reason people believe the abduction story is because Rob appears distraught in his interviews and his friends and family believe him. If you simply read about the case and take away Rob's video interview, the story is a lot harder to swallow.

Then again, Rob was heard talking on the phone at the time of the alleged abduction, and apparently ran off the toilet with his pants halfway down to chase after Angela...

Several articles say Angela was pregnant at the time of her disappearance, and Rob was NOT the father... yet UM didn't mention any of this. Who knows what else was going on in Angela's personal life... Is it possible Angela set this whole thing up and ran off to start a new life with another man?

Such incidents are rare, but if Rob truly isn't involved, it's the only way his story makes sense IMO.

I dont put much stock in eye witnesses either. The Lil Miss Lisa Marie Kimmel segment on UM is a great example. You even have a little old lady swearing up and down that she saw Lisa's vanity plate, and it made her curious, so she INTENTIONALLY got a good look at the driver and it was DEFINITELY Lisa... Turns out the woman lied through her teeth! False sightings and witnesses are a dime a dozen...

Last edited by Ksherm; 11-29-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Ksherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #23
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksherm
I dont put much stock in eye witnesses either. The Lil Miss Lisa Marie Kimmel segment on UM is a great example. You even have a little old lady swearing up and down that she saw Lisa's vanity plate, and it made her curious, so she INTENTIONALLY got a good look at the driver and it was DEFINITELY Lisa... Turns out the woman lied through her teeth! False sightings and witnesses are a dime a dozen...
I totally believe this person saw Lisa. I just think she had her timeframes messed up.

...and I've already said my piece on Rob. Dude didn't do it. He's been cleared. Someone once said Kenneth McDuff may have killed her. I think it's an excellent theory.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #24
Ksherm
Frequent Poster

I didn't say Rob did it. I said I wonder if Angela set him up and ran off with the man she was pregnant by.

I'm sure phone records verified there was a payphone call. And again, Rob was seen running off the toilet with his pants down to chase after Angela. I don't think he was clever enough to fake a detail like that!

Sorry if my wording was confusing in my original post

Last edited by Ksherm; 12-04-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Ksherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #25
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksherm
I didn't say Rob did it. I said I wonder if Angela set him up and ran off with the man she was pregnant by.

I'm sure phone records verified there was a payphone call. And again, Rob was seen running off the toilet with his pants down to chase after Angela. I don't think he was clever enough to fake a detail like that!

Sorry if my wording was confusing in my original post
My bad. I've defended Rob on these boards for almost a decade now... I am probably a bit hypersensitive to it.

The idea that Angela staged her own disappearance is interesting, but it doesn't account for Rob's transmission blowing. I've replayed that scenario in my head multiple times. I strongly believe had Rob not shredded his transmission, he would have caught up with Angela in the pickup.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #26
idyla
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
My bad. I've defended Rob on these boards for almost a decade now... I am probably a bit hypersensitive to it.

The idea that Angela staged her own disappearance is interesting, but it doesn't account for Rob's transmission blowing. I've replayed that scenario in my head multiple times. I strongly believe had Rob not shredded his transmission, he would have caught up with Angela in the pickup.
Even if he caught up, what could he do? There are lots of ways the guy could have gotten away still. Without a plan or backup the results would have been the same. I think IF he had caught up with them he'd just be living with a different IF ONLY all these years.

I don't think she staged her disappearance anymore than I think he did it, btw. That's an awful lot of trouble to go for something she could have just broken up with him and they would have moved on and she wouldn't have to leave her entire life behind. Why would she choose to have her child never meet her family? Just doesn't make sense.
idyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #27
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

I have never heard if the police verified the blown transmission in the vehicle? I imagine he had to leave it on the street. But I've never heard if the police found it on the street where it died and subsequently verified that it was inoperable.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #28
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thcorps View Post
I have never heard if the police verified the blown transmission in the vehicle? I imagine he had to leave it on the street. But I've never heard if the police found it on the street where it died and subsequently verified that it was inoperable.
They did...

Quote:
...The pursuit continued for approximately two miles before Robís transmission malfunctioned when he made a right turn, resulting in the vehicle stalling in the middle of the road, as the truck with the woman in tow quickly faded out of view.

Unfortunately, Rob had no choice but to walk back to town. Luckily, a passing motorist noticed him and picked him up and Rob asked to be taken to the police station so he could notify them of what just transpired. He arrived at the department just shy over midnight and reported the incident.

Initially, the police were skeptical of Robís story, believing it seemed too contrived and convenient. Nevertheless, as they began their investigation they uncovered Robís vehicle undrivable in the middle of the street.
https://truecrimearticles.com/2018/0...ngela-hammond/
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #29
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

Thank you for that. That, to me at least, eliminates him as a suspect in my eyes.
5thcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #30
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thcorps View Post
Thank you for that. That, to me at least, eliminates him as a suspect in my eyes.
She was kidnapped by a stranger.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote