Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-23-2018, 11:53 PM   #331
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular

This thread is slowly turning into "Deaths of many people interviewed on UM"
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #332
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterek1974
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board. First time posting. I just wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to research this information. In some cases the information must have been hard to find.

I grew up watching UM and in some cases and thanks to the DVD's, I have felt that some of these people are like family and as I just read the entire 23 pages I found myself a bit sad...especially for the ones whose cases were never solved.

And I just have to say three of the deaths surprised me. (and kind of affected me) First was Andy Wyrick. I think that one hits me because he was so young. Also Tom Sawyers death surprised me because I didn't think he was that old either (then again some of these segments go way back) and the last was Georgia Rudolph. I know that her segment has gotten some flack but I always found her story interesting and unfortunately because my sense of humor is a bit demented my first though when hearing she died was, "Well she'll be back anyway. Hopefully she will remember more next time!" I know...bad sense of humor.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts even on the couple other threads I've read. The UM community on this tie really seems to care for the show and the people involved. Just wanted to say a quick hello and take care everyone!
Welcome! Always glad to have new faces!
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 PM   #333
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Rose Hoffman, mother of Gus Hoffman, died on September 1, 2017. I didn’t realize she was still living until last year, but learned tonight she passed away last fall. She was a true champion.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:19 AM   #334
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Tom Roche's girlfriend Barbara Rondeau died in 2010. Here's her obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nam...view=guestbook
Thatís really sad. She was so young, yet looked well beyond her years in the segment. All that stress took its toll on her.
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #335
ramirez412001
Frequent Poster

Lewis (Lew) Dean Halla (the neighbor from the Angelo Desidari segment) passed away in 2002 at the age of 84: http://www.startribune.com/obituarie...ewis-dean-(lew)
Old 03-31-2018, 12:33 AM   #336
Fletch
Justice for Russell
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis
Just came across another one that may come as a shock to anyone who doesn't already know, but I discovered that Wayne Hecker, Tara Breckenridge's boyfriend and the prime suspect in her disappearance (though I've always been very much on the fence about whether or not he's guilty), died from cancer brought on by heavy drug use in October 2015 at about the age of 45 (give or take a couple of years; I couldn't find it exactly).
I just watched this segment for the first time in years and felt compelled to see what Wayne Hecker was up to these days, I didnít realize he had died. Hereís a pic of him from before he died, Iíd say pretty close to his final days by the looks of him. I am also on the fence as to if he did it or not.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:23 AM   #337
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr369
Rose Hoffman, mother of Gus Hoffman, died on September 1, 2017. I didnít realize she was still living until last year, but learned tonight she passed away last fall. She was a true champion.
Indeed. She was one of the most admirable people interviewed on UM. My heart broke for her.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:30 AM   #338
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
It's a shame that Fritz died only 5 years after that segment, and still on the young side. I remember Keely said that Ralph Blanc was in poor health during the update, so chances are he passed away shortly after that. It's just good that they got to meet again.
Very sad that fritz died so young. He is one of my favorite people from the show. Such a wonderful story that was and an even more improbable reunion. I have long been fascinated by his story and would love to visit the location of where he lived in the Ardennes.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:21 AM   #339
spark30
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Gordon Page Sr. passed away on January 25. He never found out what happened to Gordon Jr.

http://m.legacy.com/dignity-memorial...20&mid=7741240
Thatís so sad. The obituary even states he is survived by Gordon Page Jr. I guess he / his wife have never given up hope.
spark30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #340
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Sandra Mansi died this weekend. The woman who took the photo of Champy, up here on Lake Champlain.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #341
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Robert Trendel, the father of I-70 Killer victim Patricia Smith, died on March 15th this year. There was an article years ago where he worried that he wouldn't live to see his daughter's killer caught. 😕
Old 04-25-2018, 10:53 AM   #342
LARAM5
Occasional Poster

Jerry Gervasoni died in 2013
LARAM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #343
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

I was reading about the 1970's soul group The Five Stairsteps, famous for their hit "Oooh, Child". The youngest member of that group, Cubie Burke, died in 2014 at age 49. (He would have been too young to have performed with the group in their heyday. Must have joined later.) The obituary references a UM Season 9 appearance. There's a photo in the link. Does anybody recognize him? If so, which segment was he in?

http://www.soulandjazzandfunk.com/ne...urke-dies.html
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #344
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatinous Goo
I was reading about the 1970's soul group The Five Stairsteps, famous for their hit "Oooh, Child". The youngest member of that group, Cubie Burke, died in 2014 at age 49. (He would have been too young to have performed with the group in their heyday. Must have joined later.) The obituary references a UM Season 9 appearance. There's a photo in the link. Does anybody recognize him? If so, which segment was he in?

http://www.soulandjazzandfunk.com/ne...urke-dies.html
According to this, he played a witness to Tupac's murder

http://thefunkshow.com/joomla/index....tion&Itemid=28
bell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #345
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

The mother of Lorraine Echevarria (cured after a trip to Lourdes), whose name was also Lorraine, died on July 3, 2015, age 74. She was interviewed in the Lourdes segment with her husband and daughter.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote