Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > All Other Cases

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #16
connieallbright
Frequent Poster

Hey Zero, any recall where you heard/read about the camera footage of Michael? The case I'd referenced in Columbus, Ohio had the video stills plastered all over the news stories.

I'm stumped on this one too. There isn't anywhere I can think of (besides a sleep-over) I could image taking a bus to without taking an ID. Maybe I'm missing something as girls are more in the habit of taking a purse everywhere.
connieallbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:40 AM   #17
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

I don't put too much into the bus stop scent thing...the bloodhounds weren't used until long after he disappeared and with so many people around the area every day walking that same route, you certainly can't say that he definitely took the bus anywhere or even walked that way. Or perhaps he took that route walking around before he disappeared. I just think it makes the case even more creepy though.

He may have run into foul play by some other students living in the dorm, there's no doubt about that. But I don't think it had anything to do with alcohol. The guy he was playing video games with, the last one known to see him would've mentioned if he was drunk or had been drinking, he'd probably know. Hey maybe he did visit some other friends in the dorm and had some drinks although if he had passed out, they would've just made sure he got in bed, if he had choked himself to death, it's likely nobody would notice until his roommate came in the next day. It would also be difficult for drunk college guys to cover up a murder like that. The detectives did question many people, not only on that floor but the entire dorm.

here is the UCLA cadaver and trade in human organs thing I'm talking about. There is some speculation Mike Negrete may have fallen victim to this. Read here...

http://www.aztlan.net/ucla_cadavers.htm

Connie the Ohio St medical student disappearance is also so baffling. He definitely exited through the side door or whatever which makes no sense because it was all contruction if I remember correctly, it would've been difficult or something to get back to the streets going that way but like you said the cameras showed he entered the bar but never left. I think he may be another victim of the serial killer that's targeting college men in the midwest and killing them and dumping their bodies in rivers.
SiberianKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #18
connieallbright
Frequent Poster

I agree with you about Brian Shaffer and the possible link to a midwestern serial killer. There was another case in Cincinnati that wasn't investigated as a homicide involving a young man who'd been drinking and ended up in the river. I'll have to dig around to come up with the name.

I was reading about the case of Jason Michael Negrete, a younger boy who had also gone missing from California. Strange coincidance. I guess I don't know enough about organ trade to see why someone would target Michael.

Did Michael have a unique blood type? Why would it be worth the risk of entering a dorm to take him when there are so many easier targets (no lack of homeless people, drunk kids walking home from bars, hustlers).

It just seems like he must have left his room to talk to or meet someone he knew. The only other thing I can think of is if someone from campus security was involved.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #19
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

i know it's quite a mystery, i wish i knew what happens to all these missing people. i think about them all the time, there's so many. Are there really that many maniacs out there who want to kill somebody and bury them somewhere?

i suppose you're right that he probably met up with somebody outside or something but i don't think he had shoes on, he left everything in his dorm room, i wonder if he even had his student ID card to get back inside. Doubtful, most students leave theirs in their wallet. it was real late too about 4 AM. One interesting note is that about 6 months after the disappearance police released a photo of a "person of interest" in the Mike Negrete case. Some students came forward with some information about a suspicious looking man on the floor Mike lived. I wonder what made him look so suspicious and what time did the students see him, what was he doing, just walking through the halls? nobody called in to say they know who he was.

man...what could've happened to Michael? It's so sad for his family, I can't imagine losing somebody like it and if it were my one of my loved ones it would drive me crazy on top of the sadness, it would make me insane wondering what happened....it's all I'd ever think about.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:32 AM   #20
connieallbright
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianKiss
i suppose you're right that he probably met up with somebody outside or something but i don't think he had shoes on, he left everything in his dorm room, i wonder if he even had his student ID card to get back inside. Doubtful, most students leave theirs in their wallet. it was real late too about 4 AM.
What a good point! Without his school ID, how did he plan to get back inside? At my dorm, we could come and go during the day without ID but starting at 10 and ending at 8, we needed an ID. Wherever he was going, he must NOT have planned to return that night. OR he was with someone who he considered to be an authority figure of some sort.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:46 AM   #21
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

No I'm pretty sure there was no video camera of him leaving the dorm, he must've been thinking of some other case. That would definitely would be listed on any report or file or any discussion of this case and we would probably at least have still shots of Mike leaving the building. My dorm didn't have security cameras at the doors. Think about it, if there were security cameras the police would immediately look at them and whoever abducted Michael would've been seen, you'd see them both walking out. It would've been mentioned in the reports and info about the case that the security cameras didn't show anything unusual or showed Mike leaving by himself. But there were no cameras.

okay here is what I think may have happened. Mike wasn't gonna go out any more for the night but perhaps he wanted something from the vending machines (if there were any) so he went downstairs and then was accosted by some creep hanging out in the lobby. Since Mike only planned on going downstairs he didn't bring anything with him other than a dollar or two, maybe didn't even have shoes on, no need to bring your wallet, keys, etc, not going anywhere. So maybe that's what happened. Or in the same kind of scenario perhaps he was going down the hall to the bathroom/shower and was abducted there. Both of those scenarios would make sense with the "person of interest" photo. I believe the authorities checked out Mike's room and nothing seemed outta the ordinary, I don't think he was taken from his room, but somewhere he was in the dorm and ran into somebody bad.

amazing isn't it? how some people just vanish forever, I don't understand.

Last edited by SiberianKiss; 05-08-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #22
connieallbright
Frequent Poster

I looked up the location of Michael's dorm on the UCLA website - such an out of the way location for abduction. I know it's still LA but there are other dorms closer to high traffic streets.

If this is linked to the other UCLA body parts/organs scandal, it might be interesting to see if Michael had visited the campus health clinic.

Perhaps there was something unique/interesting about his physical person like a rare blood type?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #23
mistagee
Frequent Poster

Could be very interesting to research that blood type issue, but I doubt it.

I also wonder how well the case was researched by authorities. Very little research was released to the press. Lets see what options we have:

1. There are security people posted at the entrance to the dorm, I would think, the key is to determine if Michael left the dorm or not.

2. We need to determine if Michael consumed alcohol before and if he was drinking with any of his dorm mates.

3. Michael may have been murdered by organ traffiker.

4. Michael may have had a gay or a gay curious side. Perhaps he chatted online with an older man and agreed to meet him and things went wrong. ( this would have occured while he was playing on line with his friend....be cuirous to know if there were a lot of pauses in the game where he could chat while playing) This would explain why no one would know where he was going; he wouldnt be able to TELL anyone. This would also explain the older man in the dorm. Who comes to a dorm at 4am unless they are delivering pizza at that age?? I dont think instant messages are traceable on computers and I truly feel that this is the scenario. I also think the Van Damm connection may be worth checking.

5. Are there No cell phone records??????
mistagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #24
connieallbright
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistagee

4. Michael may have had a gay or a gay curious side. Perhaps he chatted online with an older man and agreed to meet him and things went wrong. ( this would have occured while he was playing on line with his friend....be cuirous to know if there were a lot of pauses in the game where he could chat while playing) This would explain why no one would know where he was going; he wouldnt be able to TELL anyone. This would also explain the older man in the dorm. Who comes to a dorm at 4am unless they are delivering pizza at that age?? I dont think instant messages are traceable on computers and I truly feel that this is the scenario.
This was my take on the situation as well. Back in college, I would have my boyfriend pick me up at my dorm at odd hours. I didn't take my ID with me since I knew I wouldn't return until the dorm's open hours.

I'm curious if Mike took his keys. If he was just running down the the vending machine or bathrooms, he might not take his keys (simply leaving his door unlocked). This would support the notion that he was grabbed by force not lured away.

If he was meeting up with someone for the night, he would take his keys (probably not much else). If someone came to his room (like someone mascarading as a cop or campus security), he would also take keys.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #25
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

http://www.unposted.com/michael_negrete.shtml - This has some interesting facts about the case.

Cases like this one scare me. I was a freshman in college the same year as Mike. It's hard to believe it's now 7 years later and not a trace of him has been found.
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #26
connieallbright
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum2003
http://www.unposted.com/michael_negrete.shtml - This has some interesting facts about the case.

Cases like this one scare me. I was a freshman in college the same year as Mike. It's hard to believe it's now 7 years later and not a trace of him has been found.
if this site is right (who knows, as this site is so freakishly disorganized), Michael didn't have his keys with him.

i have a hard time believing he'd leave the dorm without his keys. wallet? sure. but even the world's greenest freshman takes their keys - everywhere.

according to this site's theory, Mike could have left the dorm with Damon Van Dam for a late night video game party.

eh, I'm pretty skeptical. he'd still take his wallet or at least his ID and his keys.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:15 AM   #27
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

why would security people be stationed outside the dorm? That was never the case when I was in college and I never once saw that at dozens of other universities I visited over the years. There was no security guards hanging outside the entrance to the dorm nor should there be. You do have to have your student ID card during the evening time to get inside the dorm or you would have to wait until some other students showed up and let you in. The real question is whether or not there were any security cameras which I will find out very soon. I tend to doubt it otherwise it would've been big news in this case.

AIM conversations can be retrieved. the police searched the computer thoroughly and didn't find anything.

Mike left all his belongings in his room including keys, shoes, wallet, etc the basic things one would take if they were to leave home (willingly) so that makes it all the more confusing. That's also why I think he was walking around the dorm somewhere either to the vending machines, bathroom, common area if there was one, another student's room, and ran into trouble.

There may be something to that Van Dam connection if he worked with Mike's father but the reason the author gave is a dumb one. A video game party? huh? I'm a big fan of video games and I've never been a party centered around video games or even heard of that. If Mike wanted to play video games he could sit down at his desk and play on his computer. In fact he was doing just that prior to disappearing! Plus he would've brought the usual stuff when leaving as we already discussed.

I'm pretty sure Michael Negrete did not voluntarily leave his dorm that night. Which makes it all the more creepy. If he had, he most definitely would've taken his keys at least! I think he left his room to use the bathroom perhaps, wash his face before bedtime, and all that and was abducted walking down the hall or in the bathroom. Perhaps the bathroom was at the end of the hall right near the staircase. then it would be quite easy to get him outta the dorm through the side door through the emergency exit. The "person of interest" who was seen on his floor may have had a reason to abduct Michael.

do you guys think that picture looks like Damon Van Dam? I think it kinda does, I see some resemblance. I just thought of something else. Mike would trust this Van Dam guy if he knew him and his father knew him. Maybe it was Van Dam and he got Mike to go downstairs and outside? It is suspicious that this guy was nearby when that woman from Florida went missing. I don't know enough about him to know why he would wanna kidnap Michael.

check the link I gave for the cadaver thing. there is a picture of one of the guys involved. do you think the "person of interest" composite sketch looks like the bald guy at all?

hey you can see plenty of pictures of damon van dam on yahoo image search. that composite sketch DOES look like him!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #28
connieallbright
Frequent Poster

Yeah, I guess Damon Van Dam does look like the composite sketch. More so than the cadavar guy.

I can't really make any sense out of that anti-Van Dam website - can someone provide a brief overview of this guy and why he would be involved in Michael's case?

The only reason I can think of that fits is:
he and Michael were involved in a sexual relationship and he came to the dorms (perhaps not for the first time) to see him or have some kind of confrontation. Michael could have let him in a side door or someone else could have let him in (if he looked young enough at this time) and something happened resulting in Michael being forced to leave without his keys, wallet or ID.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #29
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

I don't see any reason for that silly website, I went over his daughter's case and it seemed pretty obvious the guy living next door did it. And so what if DVD was at the Univ of Florida when that girl disappeared. It's a huge school, there are probably other people that disappeared in that time frame as well, is that gonna be his fault too?

But it DOES kinda look like him, that composite, haha. weird. I wonder what happened to poor Michael
Old 01-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #30
mistagee
Frequent Poster

I also think that DVD is involved. I also think there was a sexual relationship between the two of them. That would explain the lack of IMs on the computer. However, I also think that if he and Van Damm had a sexual relationship, there would have to be phone records of some sort, and people might have seen them together at some time, so now I wonder if that was the case....unless he and Michael only saw each other when he was at home or over the summer. Perhaps an investigation of phone records holds the key. It would be nice if we could all sit down at a table and figure this out and put all of our theories together. Im sure there are missing pieces of information we arent privy to. Also, males are usually abducted for two reasons: sexual, or to get even for money owed/drugs, or in the case of Michael...even organs. Could he have been murdered to get his organs at 4am in the morning? I wouldnt think so with all the dead homeless in LA at the time. Someone on the floor knows something....I dont believe Michael left intentionally. The phone records may hold the key.

I also want to make it clear that in no way are we trying to upset Michael's family in case they are reading this. We are amateur crime sleuths who would give anything for Michael's safe return and are assigning theories to a case with no active leads. If there were a ransom, many of us would gladly empty our bank accounts to solve this case. So, please understand we are in no way trying to sully Michael's reputation, and want it to stay in the spotlight so the family can get closure, hopefully, with a happy ending
mistagee is offline   Reply With Quote