Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #61
Tighthead
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 15, 2006
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
I recently rewatched this segment and I totally agree. My best guess (emphasis on guess) is that it is similar to a "random" sports reporter who was murdered in Ottawa about 20 years ago. Turns out the guy was angry at the media in general and killed the first person they could find (and had mental issues too).
Brian Smith. Everyone assume it was a jealous husband at first. Crazy story, only would have been crazier if it was Max.

Some of these unsolveds have to be thrill killings/nutters that defy reason and are highly resistant to investigation.
Tighthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:44 AM   #62
Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Member
Senior Member
 
Cori aka ChrisSCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2001
Location: USA and still trying to be proud of it!
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Who put the poison in Patsy Wright's NyQuil bottle?
You know, I still wonder that when I take NyQuil, and about who made that horrible phone call to her daughter saying they wanted her dead.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:51 AM   #63
Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Member
Senior Member
 
Cori aka ChrisSCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2001
Location: USA and still trying to be proud of it!
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234 View Post
The Clifford Sherwood story. I really wonder if maybe he died in a freak accident & his dad didnít say anything
Why did he and his friend both disappear, what happened to the one set of remains found, and why are they not tested against both families?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #64
Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Member
Senior Member
 
Cori aka ChrisSCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2001
Location: USA and still trying to be proud of it!
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
I almost find it amusing that UM tried to disguise that update as a Lost Love reunion in order to avoid the many intriguing questions brought up in the original segment. It leaves you hanging. It would be like writing a book or a movie that gets people on pins and needles eager to read/see the conclusion...but you leave out the ending.

Even when I first saw that segment as an 11-year old, I was completely dumbfounded. What could she have done that an entire town would refuse to give her own husband information about her?
Yep, that whole thing made no damn sense and you can't make this shiz up because if you tried to get away with that in a book or movie you'd end up with a terrible result!
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #65
PracTz
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2002
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
I almost find it amusing that UM tried to disguise that update as a Lost Love reunion in order to avoid the many intriguing questions brought up in the original segment. It leaves you hanging. It would be like writing a book or a movie that gets people on pins and needles eager to read/see the conclusion...but you leave out the ending.

Even when I first saw that segment as an 11-year old, I was completely dumbfounded. What could she have done that an entire town would refuse to give her own husband information about her?


Good points! Yeah, while they attempted to make it seem as though everything was warm and fuzzy between all the reunited folks, it sure seemed as though they were going to great lengths to avoid answering ANY questions raised about Miss Boyd's earlier life.

Yes, why would not just the bar tender and fellow dancers have avoided saying anything to her widower but ALSO the cops and even the TV station refusing to air her pic more than once? What could they believe she might have done that it wouldn't have been easier for all the above (especially the authorities) to have just TOLD the widower rather than all collectively tell him to forget her? It makes no sense unless it could possibly be that they believed she might have uncovered stuff going on (and may have tried to alert bigger fish about) that they likely would have preferred 'outsiders' (like the widower) to have not ever gotten a hint about.
PracTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #66
PracTz
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2002
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush View Post
Yep, that whole thing made no damn sense and you can't make this shiz up because if you tried to get away with that in a book or movie you'd end up with a terrible result!
It would almost be a case of 'truth's stranger' as blatant as the Liz Carmichael case . Remember that one? This had a big,tall woman coming out of nowhere with a wife and five kids to design a car of the future and get national media coverage [in the early 1970s] and tons of serious investors then it's discovered that the car is a sham and 'Ms.' Carmichael was a crossdressing man who somehow then went underground for some twenty years despite being VERY easy to find in a crowd !.
PracTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #67
jbjr56
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2018
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracTz View Post
It would almost be a case of 'truth's stranger' as blatant as the Liz Carmichael case . Remember that one? This had a big,tall woman coming out of nowhere with a wife and five kids to design a car of the future and get national media coverage [in the early 1970s] and tons of serious investors then it's discovered that the car is a sham and 'Ms.' Carmichael was a crossdressing man who somehow then went underground for some twenty years despite being VERY easy to find in a crowd !.
One of those guys said he still believed in the project and I think Liz too.
jbjr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:43 PM   #68
Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Member
Senior Member
 
Cori aka ChrisSCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2001
Location: USA and still trying to be proud of it!
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
My whole issue is that when she called, she mentioned the Nyquil unprompted. If you eat watermelon before you to go bed every night and then one day wake up and can't breathe.. If you call for an ambulance (I know she called family, which is odd, too.. Wouldn't you call 911?) would you say "I ate watermelon!" unprompted?
Half of this may make sense, if the poison was very powerful and fast-acting, and she noticed problems immediately after taking the NyQuil, it stands to reason she might suspect something wrong with the NyQuil. If she called family, and not 911, and the family ended up calling 911, you're right, no sense unless the family was involved.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:41 AM   #69
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular
 
Corkys-Place's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 23, 2010
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjr56 View Post
One of those guys said he still believed in the project and I think Liz too.
I wasn't aware Carmichael passed way back in 2004.
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #70
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush View Post
Half of this may make sense, if the poison was very powerful and fast-acting, and she noticed problems immediately after taking the NyQuil, it stands to reason she might suspect something wrong with the NyQuil. If she called family, and not 911, and the family ended up calling 911, you're right, no sense unless the family was involved.

I seem to recall that it was a couple of hours later that she called. Now.. I've stated before how horrible my memory is, so I can't back that up just yet..

She made the call to her sister at 3am. So.. Was she out late? Did she find she couldn't fall asleep so took the nyquil? The way I've always interpreted the story is that she often took it to help her sleep before she went to bed. So, while 3am might have been her normal bedtime, or normal for this night.. I've always assumed she took it when she went to bed. The effects start at 10-30 minutes after ingestion. So..

I still.. It just strikes me wrong that she mentioned it.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #71
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush View Post
Half of this may make sense, if the poison was very powerful and fast-acting, and she noticed problems immediately after taking the NyQuil, it stands to reason she might suspect something wrong with the NyQuil. If she called family, and not 911, and the family ended up calling 911, you're right, no sense unless the family was involved.
This was further discussed in the Anthonette Cayedito thread but it should be noted that 911 was not the automatic go to decision in case of emergencies at the time. In 1987, only 50% of the country had access to 911. That very year, President Reagan was trying to urge the Americans who DID have it to start using 911 in case of emergencies. And there was a vision at the time to make it what it is today.

I think it's possible that as her symptoms were getting worse, Patsy started to panic. And instead of looking for an emergency number that might not even be memorized, she decided to call her sister instead, because that number would obviously be memorized. So her calling her sister never seemed out of the ordinary to me.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #72
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
This was further discussed in the Anthonette Cayedito thread but it should be noted that 911 was not the automatic go to decision in case of emergencies at the time. In 1987, only 50% of the country had access to 911. That very year, President Reagan was trying to urge the Americans who DID have it to start using 911 in case of emergencies. And there was a vision at the time to make it what it is today.

I think it's possible that as her symptoms were getting worse, Patsy started to panic. And instead of looking for an emergency number that might not even be memorized, she decided to call her sister instead, because that number would obviously be memorized. So her calling her sister never seemed out of the ordinary to me.
I never remember that, however, I was living in the suburbs of Washington DC at the time.. So 911 was well known. Patsy was outside Dallas.. I would think it would be well known there as well, but..

Again, i'm not saying that it's factual.. Just.. Those parts of it sit strange with me. Calling the sister vs 911 and mentioning the nyquil when it was a normal part of her routine.

Is any of that definitive? Of course not. Just two things that bother me about it. can I come up with a logical reason for it to be suicide? No.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:29 AM   #73
Omar the Satanist
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Omar the Satanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 17, 2019
Posts: 27
Default

Hansen twins murder.

I think Donny did it along with some accomplices, but the motive is difficult to figure out. Insurance money is often mentioned but most people don’t want to murder their own siblings for money — including psychopaths. It seems especially unhinged.

Can’t help but wonder what went on in that family, or if UM did their usual practice of leaving some details out.

Another thing is I always got the impression that the twins were a little “slow” — not retarded but somewhat developmentally disabled. They didn’t seem like typical teen girls in the video clips and portrayal of them. Just food for thought.
Omar the Satanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:56 AM   #74
soilentgreen
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 13, 2005
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar the Satanist View Post
Hansen twins murder.

I think Donny did it along with some accomplices, but the motive is difficult to figure out. Insurance money is often mentioned but most people don’t want to murder their own siblings for money — including psychopaths. It seems especially unhinged.

Can’t help but wonder what went on in that family, or if UM did their usual practice of leaving some details out.
I've always wondered if Donnie was resentful about what he perceived (not necessarily the reality) as favoritism on his mother's and stepfather's part towards Julie and Jill. The twins were described as nice girls while Donnie seems to have been a problem child even before the homicide/arson.

I still don't have a strong conviction about why Matt Flores was murdered - if he was targeted due to mistaken identity of the vehicle or road rage.

Last edited by soilentgreen; 11-13-2019 at 12:13 PM.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:45 PM   #75
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

I may have already said it in this thread, but over the last year or two for me it is Amy Wroe Bechtel. Her disappearance is so sad and mysterious to me, especially for someone who is also into running and outdoors.

Not one of the most memorable UM segments because it came later in the show, in fact the disappeared segment is a lot more popular and referenced by most people who speak of her case. But UM does get a good account from Steve Bechtel and Todd and Amy Skinner who were all the closest to Amy at that time and I don't think they did many interviews after that. there's a great podcast out there called the frozen truth that covers her disappearance.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.