Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-09-2014, 03:58 AM   #16
wiseguy182

I didn't get a suspicous vibe off the coworker. Although I must confess, last time I watched the segment, I did wonder why Alfredo would call that particular coworker out of all the people Cecelia worked with. Have to wonder if they had something more than the usual coworker relationship, to what extent, I wouldn't know.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #17
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I think the theory about Cecilia fleeing with the unborn baby's father was pretty legit at the time. But after years and years of not surfacing, I think that theory is shot down in flames. The one thing that makes me think Alfredo is innocent is how everyone says the couple was happy. You usually would get reports of some sort of abuse or tension in the marriage, but no one reported this. Something that I never considered before was how pregnancy affects certain women. Perhaps she did intend to flee with an unknown lover, but after living with the person for awhile decided to go back to Alfredo and this person then murdered her. There's also the possiblity that the mystery woman was the one having an affair with Alfredo, and she murdered Cecilia during their planned meeting for baby furniture. That would explain Alfredo's somewhat suspicious activity after his wife's disappearance.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #18
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Anyone ever go to the Cold Case USA blog site? Doing a search for info on this case today is the first time I've seen the site.

Partial quote in blue, and I've never heard this info being stated as fact before. Is this just the blogger's opinion?

The investigation determined that her rat husband was having an extra-martial affair at the time of her disappearance. LA County homicide detectives consider him a person of interest.

http://coldcaseusa.blogspot.com/2011...a-newball.html

CharleyProject says:

Investigators believe Alfredo knows more about his wife and stepson's disappearance than he's disclosed....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_cecilia.html

ETA: I just went to the LA County Sheriff's homicide page and check this out, posted in 2011:

The investigation has determined that Cecilia’s husband was having an extra-martial affair at the time of her disappearance. Law enforcement considers him a person of interest.

http://www.lacountymurders.com/wante...2-3199-011.pdf

I followed the links from here: http://la-sheriff.org/divisions/dete.../homicide.html
-
-

Please sign the petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix/Hulu http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/

Last edited by TracyLynnS; 02-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #19
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Anyone ever go to the Cold Case USA blog site? Doing a search for info on this case today is the first time I've seen the site.

Partial quote in blue, and I've never heard this info being stated as fact before. Is this just the blogger's opinion?

The investigation determined that her rat husband was having an extra-martial affair at the time of her disappearance. LA County homicide detectives consider him a person of interest.

http://coldcaseusa.blogspot.com/2011...a-newball.html

CharleyProject says:

Investigators believe Alfredo knows more about his wife and stepson's disappearance than he's disclosed....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_cecilia.html

ETA: I just went to the LA County Sheriff's homicide page and check this out, posted in 2011:

The investigation has determined that Cecilia’s husband was having an extra-martial affair at the time of her disappearance. Law enforcement considers him a person of interest.

http://www.lacountymurders.com/wante...2-3199-011.pdf

I followed the links from here: http://la-sheriff.org/divisions/dete.../homicide.html
I've kind of always sort of had the feeling Alfredo knew more about Cecilia's disappearance than what he was telling. I know many posters here have really felt like he had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I guess I never got a warm fuzzy feeling about it myself. There's something about that letter supposedly written by Cecilia that bothers me, especially that "I love you, but you'll never amount to anything" line. At best, it sounds contrived. At worst, it sounds a lot like an insecure person projecting his own insecure feelings about himself and his marriage.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #20
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I've kind of always sort of had the feeling Alfredo knew more about Cecilia's disappearance than what he was telling. I know many posters here have really felt like he had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I guess I never got a warm fuzzy feeling about it myself. There's something about that letter supposedly written by Cecilia that bothers me, especially that "I love you, but you'll never amount to anything" line. At best, it sounds contrived. At worst, it sounds a lot like an insecure person projecting his own insecure feelings about himself and his marriage.
If Alfredo was involved, I'm wondering if he could have been in cahoots with the woman trying to lure Cecilia. I mean, it just sounds like no coincidence that a mysterious woman calls her twice trying to get her to meet with different stories and she vanishes the same day she's supposed to pick up this furniture. Perhaps he and this woman were having an affair? Or perhaps he wasn't involved but he and the woman were together and that's the information he might know, that she harmed Cecilia out of jealousy or something.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #21
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
If Alfredo was involved, I'm wondering if he could have been in cahoots with the woman trying to lure Cecilia. I mean, it just sounds like no coincidence that a mysterious woman calls her twice trying to get her to meet with different stories and she vanishes the same day she's supposed to pick up this furniture. Perhaps he and this woman were having an affair? Or perhaps he wasn't involved but he and the woman were together and that's the information he might know, that she harmed Cecilia out of jealousy or something.
This is exactly what I think happened. I think Alfredo was an affair with the mystery lady on the phone who became incensed with Cecilia (perhaps because Alfredo wouldn't leave her for the mystery lady). I think Alfredo knows what happened, but he wasn't involved. Wonder what's became of him since the UM taping.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #22
everprincess
Frequent Poster

I just saw the segment. Very bizarre about the phone calls but it hits home for me. My mother got calls from my dad's mistress when they were still married. She would say weird things and hang up the phone. My dad's family thought my mother was nuts about it all until my dad's sister answered the phone and the mistress was speaking to her like she was my mother. So I don't doubt for a minute that if this woman was his mistress calling her playing games.

If she was going to meet a lady at another location surely she would have taken her glasses. I know I have to have mine to drive. So I doubt seriously she was taken for her unborn child.

The mistress could have typed the letters and mailed from Van Nuys to make it look like Cecilia had run away. This would take the focus off the husband too.
everprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #23
MissFlyy
Occasional Poster

I just saw this story on Unsolved Mysteries this morning. I been following this story for years. I do believe unfortunately she probably was killed around the same time she disappeared with her son. It's crazy because she was lured twice by a mysterious woman, the second time was successful. I do believe the mysterious woman was probably the mistress of the husband. She went to meet with the woman about the fake baby shower furniture. How did her car get back to her house? Obviously she didn't drive it back. Did the police do a search for fingerprints outside or inside the car? Any updates on the Husband and what happened to him?
MissFlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #24
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

I think it wouldn't hurt for LE to follow up on the bones found in a San Francisco planter of an adult and child to eliminate them being Cecelia and son. They probably aren't, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to check. Perhaps the mistress had ties to the area. I started a thread on this awhile back, with no response.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #25
DALLASTEXAN!!

This is a weird case. I'm unsure about it. The letter is interesting to me because it was typed not handwritten. So he could have easily typed the letter. One other thing I question is if the letter was in English or Spanish. If it was typed in Spanish it could explain why the English translation sounds strange....just as some of his statements seem strange as if English isn't his native tounge but I don't know that for sure. And we all know that police zero in on the closest person as the perp especially if something seems strange. But strange doesn't equate to guilt...Tim McClure??

I hate to say it but his interview sort of reminds me of Jeff oberholtzer. He looked guilty to me at first too. he couldn't find an alibi and it was shaky and he kept insisting that Bobby would not take a ride with a stranger which kind of pointed the finger back to someone else even himself. I think Alfredo does the same thing by saying he doesn't think the letter was written by her. I honestly believe that it is possible that she left him and he didn't want to face it, but you would think by now authorities would have found something? It could also be that he knows more. his statement of having a weird feeling before he left is strange to put on the record.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:11 AM   #26
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I just rewatched this case for the first time in a long time. There is no doubt in my mind now that Alfredo had involvement with Cecilia and Rene's disappearances.

For starters, he claims he last saw them at 2:30 in the afternoon on the day she disappeared. He tried calling home several times that day with no answer, so then he left work early and went home to find them gone. That's when he found the greeting card and the wedding ring in Cecilia's jeep. Alfredo claims that there were no problems in their marriage but he wasn't that alarmed because he figured she went somewhere to cool off for a few days. Red flag #1. He then called Cecilia's work friend, and did not seem that concerned as to where she was. He never reported her missing to the police, one of Cecilia's relatives did. Red flag #2. The cops interviewed him and he told them the same thing he said on his UM interview, that he thought she left to cool off for a few days and that she would be back. The only problem? The police saw that nothing with regards to clothing, luggage, or even a tooth brush was missing from the residence. Red flag #3. 3 days after being interviewed, is when he got the other card and a type-written note saying that she had left him for another man and went to a different country. Eerily similar to Rob Page. And the police also noted that the letter specifically went into details more about Alfredo's family and friends, more than it did Cecilia's. Whoever wrote that letter knew more about Alfredo than Cecilia. Red flag #4.

I don't think he was directly responsible for their disappearances, however. The police officer interviewed in the segment specifically states that he believes a "3rd party" was involved. Meaning that Alfredo didn't do this alone. Cecilia received 2 different phone calls from women claiming to have intimate knowledge about Alfredo, and the 2nd one actually mentioned a baby shower that they were throwing for her and Alfredo. Cecilia disappeared on the same date as this alleged baby shower. This makes me think that the affair theory is the correct one. Alfredo's lover was responsible for their disappearances (and probable deaths). And I think Alfredo knew that it was going to happen.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:58 AM   #27
MissFlyy
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I just rewatched this case for the first time in a long time. There is no doubt in my mind now that Alfredo had involvement with Cecilia and Rene's disappearances.

For starters, he claims he last saw them at 2:30 in the afternoon on the day she disappeared. He tried calling home several times that day with no answer, so then he left work early and went home to find them gone. That's when he found the greeting card and the wedding ring in Cecilia's jeep. Alfredo claims that there were no problems in their marriage but he wasn't that alarmed because he figured she went somewhere to cool off for a few days. Red flag #1. He then called Cecilia's work friend, and did not seem that concerned as to where she was. He never reported her missing to the police, one of Cecilia's relatives did. Red flag #2. The cops interviewed him and he told them the same thing he said on his UM interview, that he thought she left to cool off for a few days and that she would be back. The only problem? The police saw that nothing with regards to clothing, luggage, or even a tooth brush was missing from the residence. Red flag #3. 3 days after being interviewed, is when he got the other card and a type-written note saying that she had left him for another man and went to a different country. Eerily similar to Rob Page. And the police also noted that the letter specifically went into details more about Alfredo's family and friends, more than it did Cecilia's. Whoever wrote that letter knew more about Alfredo than Cecilia. Red flag #4.

I don't think he was directly responsible for their disappearances, however. The police officer interviewed in the segment specifically states that he believes a "3rd party" was involved. Meaning that Alfredo didn't do this alone. Cecilia received 2 different phone calls from women claiming to have intimate knowledge about Alfredo, and the 2nd one actually mentioned a baby shower that they were throwing for her and Alfredo. Cecilia disappeared on the same date as this alleged baby shower. This makes me think that the affair theory is the correct one. Alfredo's lover was responsible for their disappearances (and probable deaths). And I think Alfredo knew that it was going to happen.

I think Alfredo knows more as well. I do believe that his lover most likely killed His pregnant wife and his stepson. She wanted Celica out the way, saw a similar story where a woman killed her pregnant lover's wife. So things do like that happens without the husband knowing about it. I do hope they find her remains and her son remains.
I believe it wasn't two women but most likely one woman that called Celica. She probably choked the first time and didn't meet her. She got up enough courage when she called about the Baby shower items.
MissFlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #28
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Red flag #3. 3 days after being interviewed, is when he got the other card and a type-written note saying that she had left him for another man and went to a different country. Eerily similar to Rob Page.
Yes! I thought the same thing. Any time someone leaves a weird, type-written letter like that (especially back then) it looks suspicious as hell. I had the exact same thought that it seems like Pam Page leaving her goodbye letter. Pretty easy to make it say whatever you want when there is no handwriting to compare.

I also agree with you that he is involved with her disappearance (either planning or knowledge of the crime) but I'm not convinced he did the deed. He strikes me as the type who wouldn't have the courage to do this but would be more than willing to cover it up. I think you're correct that the lover is most likely the true perp with Alfredo as an accomplice, before or after the crime.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote