Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Dramas/Dramedies > Madam Secretary

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-30-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV Justin Baldoni To Guest on "Madam Secretary"

"Jane the Virgin" Star Briefs Us on his "Madam Secretary" Visit
by Kimberly Roots
January 29, 2017

Some people go to tropical climes or catch up on their sleep during vacation. "Jane the Virgin‘s" Justin Baldoni got himself a temporary government post.

While on break from playing The CW series’ heartthrob Rafael, Baldoni traveled to New York to shoot two episodes of CBS’ "Madam Secretary"… which seems odd, until you hear him talk about the political drama and realize he’s a superfan.

I’ve heard you’re a "Madam Secretary" fan. What made you think, “I really want to be on that show” in addition to watching it week to week?

Well, you have heard correct. I am a massive "Madam Secretary" fan. My wife, Emily, and I stumbled upon the show on accident one night and just fell in love with it. We thought it was so smart, and the writing was so good, and we both realized we had crushes on Téa Leoni.

There was something that was so mature about the show. And in the middle of this intense political climate, where it seems like it doesn’t matter what side you’re on, and there’s just so much pain, watching a show with a strong female lead that’s navigating this political world with grace, intuition and class, it just gave us hope. I just thought the acting was so fantastic.

Emily and I were always talking about how much of a dream it would be to get to play with them on the show.

Have you watched "Madam Secretary" from the beginning?

Yes, I have seen every single episode. I definitely think I came on set and showed my fanboy side. I didn’t even try to hold it back, because when we got there — Emily came with me — we just went around and said, “Oh my God, Elizabeth McCord sits here!” and we just had so much fun together.

I was such a big fan dork the whole time.

I know Kevin is Daisy’s work colleague and she’s flirty with him — and it seems he’s flirty with her, too. What else can you tell me about him?

I can’t tell you too much about Kevin except there’s a little more going on with him than meets the eye.

As of right now, you only appear in two episodes. Is your appearance left open-ended, so there’s a chance Kevin could return?

Yup, I’m only appearing in two episodes. It was a unique opportunity, because "Jane the Virgin" was on hiatus and had this perfect window of these two-and-a-half, three weeks just as they were looking for someone to play Kevin. It was just the perfect storm in a good way.

Unfortunately, "Jane the Virgin" is hopefully not going anywhere, so we’re just doing two episodes. I’m not at liberty to say if the appearance is open-ended. But I would love to return to "Madam Secretary". I love New York. The cast is so wonderful, they were so welcoming and inviting, and they’re just so talented and just good people.

It was a joy and a pleasure to work with such talented people. And I’m a big Broadway fan, so to be surrounded by all of these experienced Broadway actors, it was so much fun.

http://tvline.com/2017/01/29/justin-...-3-episode-13/
Attached Images

JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote