Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Hulu - a Comedy with Steve Martin and Martin Short, the Renewal of Dollface
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: More Cable; 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 20, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
TVDude78
Occasional Poster

Default David & June

Does anyone know any details as why David & June divorced ?

They seemed like a Happy couple.
TVDude78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
honeybea
Forum Regular

Hi and welcome! I think David has been more private with his life than the rest of the family and nothing really was ever said about why they divorced, unlike Ricky's marriage. I just finished another bio of Ricky and from what I read, I guess June never really "fit in" with the rest of the family. She didn't have a "pedigree" like Kris since she was adopted. June was an actress before marrying and wanted some input on her character, but Ozzie ruled the show and no one really told him what to do. June did insist on using her name on the show. If you notice in the credits, it always did say "June Blair".
June never acted again since the show, she stayed home and raised their sons. I always wondered if Ozzie had anything to do with that.

There was a comment from Harriet in the bio that was a little strange, she said, "we had one family and now there's three", after the boys married, and she didn't seem too happy with that. I think she and Ozzie would probably have liked both boys to marry and still live at home with them.
honeybea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
TVDude78
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the welcome. I was a member of sitcoms a while back, but re-registered today.

I appreciate the info on Dave & June. That's interesting that she felt like she didn't fit in. It's too bad that she and Dave split. They seemed to really be in love. I think it's strange that Dave's step-children by his second marriage are always mentioned, but his 2 sons with June are not.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
honeybea
Forum Regular

Yes, it's strange that his sons aren't mentioned at all except when it's noted that David has five children. I believe they're in their 40's now, one is close to the same age as Ricky's oldest daughter, Tracy. I've often wondered what they do, if they married, have children, their relationship with their father, etc. Maybe June kept them out of the public eye for a reason.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
TVDude78
Occasional Poster

Hopefully Dave maintained a good relationship with his boys. When A&E did that Biography on The Nelson family a few years back, there was no mention of them as I recall.

I was surprised that Kris was interviewed.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
honeybea
Forum Regular

Ozzie and Harriet always liked Kris and she even lived with them before she and Ricky married. Kris was 17 when they married, Ricky was in his 20's. The Nelsons knew the Harmons and I guess they kind of pushed Kris and Ricky together. Harriet kept in touch with Kris long after she and Ricky divorced. I wonder if Ozzie and Harriet kept in touch with the two boys after the divorce?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
TVDude78
Occasional Poster

I wonder that too about Ozzie & Harriet. I remember in that bio they talked about how the whole family would go down to the house in Laguna Beach and just enjoy themselves.

I never knew that kris lived with the Nelosns before she & rick married. I guess that explains Tracy

I wonder how O&H felt about June personaly. I have read that June was a former playboy bunny.

I saw that David's birth year is listed as 1936, but I have seen 1936 and 1932listed for June. Wonder which it is ?
Old 09-15-2008, 08:14 AM   #8
Janine the Dream
Forum Regular

On the epsiode of "David's 17 Birthday", they show some real home movies where David was two years of age in the year 1938. That would make his birth year 1936.
Janine the Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
desilu #1
Lucy/Desi 4-EVER
Forum Regular

Some interesting info here on Dave and June. I thought they were a cute couple, at least on the show. I personally thought they had more chemistry then Rick and Kris.
desilu #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #10
Janine the Dream
Forum Regular

June came across as very sweet where Kris was more excitable and energetic.Neither had that wise cracking charm that Harriet had.
Janine the Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #11
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

If I remember correctly from the 2 bios I read on Ricky, June didn't fit in easily with the rest of the family like Kris did. And I got the impression that she and Dave just grew apart - not like the acrimonious divorce & fights that Rick and Kris had in the 70s & early 80s.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #12
Jude The Obscure
Retired

And the funny thing is, right after Ozzie's funeral, Dave filed for divorce.

I always got the impression that June was considered an "outsider" because of her sultry past. Which must say a lot about David's hormones
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #13
honeybea
Forum Regular

I think Dave and June had been separated for awhile but the divorce wasn't final until after Ozzie's death. David took care of Ozzie a lot when he became very ill. In one bio, Ozzie said it seemed things had come full circle, because he remembered holding David and taking him to the bathroom and now David was doing the same for him. That was indeed sad to read.
About the divorce, Ozzie told David it would seem like the end of the world but things would in get better with time, so I guess Ozzie did know a divorce was going to happen. Of course, this in in another bio I read, don't know how much is the truth.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
ILUVO&H
Forum Regular

When I read the transcript of the Nelsons on Larry King in Dec. 2005, Dave's wife Yvonne, said that Ozzie was the one who introduced her and David.
ILUVO&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #15
TVDude78
Occasional Poster

I was surprised to find out several years ago that June was a former Playboy centerfold. Then she married into the Nelson family, which were supposed to be the ideal family. I always wondered if that didn't cause a scandal of some sort. When Kris was pregnant with Tracy, the family made up that phony story about her being premature to keep the family image wholesome.