Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Showtime and Pop; Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Talk Hit Sitcoms
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: NBC and CBS Includes The Rock Comedy at NBC and The Price Is Right at Night on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 13, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-26-2019, 11:43 PM   #31
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Burke did it and Patsy covered it up. She ended up playing the part of the hysterical wife perfectly. She obviously deflected suspicion. Watch her body language in interviews around that time.

Ultimately she is a tragic figure. Doesn't change that she and Burke did something horrible. They're basically Ananias and Sappora. Though I don't know about John.....what's the agreed upon staging of him that day?
Old 12-30-2019, 06:48 AM   #32
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler View Post
Burke did it and Patsy covered it up. She ended up playing the part of the hysterical wife perfectly. She obviously deflected suspicion. Watch her body language in interviews around that time.

Ultimately she is a tragic figure. Doesn't change that she and Burke did something horrible. They're basically Ananias and Sappora. Though I don't know about John.....what's the agreed upon staging of him that day?
Mine has changed from twenty years of basically believing Patsy did it, Burke either didn't know what happened or was intimidated into silence, to, following the 20-year specials, the above. I never suspected John and believe he slept through the initial attack and was an accessory to crime after the fact. Don't believe in any intruder and never will unless space aliens are dragged in. No human alive could so perfectly frame a family.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #33
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
Though I don't know about John.....what's the agreed upon staging of him that day?
Some of this is fact, some of this is speculation... At some point after the police detectives arrived, one of them suggested to John and his friend Fleet White that they search the house "from top to bottom" looking for JBR or any clues. They started in the basement. This is a bit odd as it would more likely for JBR to be upstairs in the living area and the detective said "top to bottom". Fleet White had previously looked in the basement and he opened the wine cellar door. When he did, he couldn't find a light and thus couldn't see anything. When they looked in the basement the second time, John opened the door and immediately saw JBR's body in the blanket. (This always bugged LE as they claimed there was no way he could see anything without a light.)

John ripped the tape off of JBR's mouth and then carried her body in the blanket up the stairs and laid it down in the living room. The problem is that he destroyed a lot of physical evidence at the scene of the body as well as on the body and blanket. LE said this was deliberate, while many others have said this was just a panicked parent finding their dead child. I could go either way on this. (As a side note, Patsy began weeping loudly and collapsed right on top of JonBenet yelling "Jesus, you raised Lazarus from the dead. Please raise my baby!" Which is a really, really odd thing to say in the moment.)

The other huge WTH moment to me is shortly after this, John called his pilot to switch their scheduled flight to Minneapolis to a flight to take them to Atlanta. His baby daughter's body was just found murdered in his house, and one of his first thoughts was "We need to get to Atlanta"? I realize they had a home there but that always really bothered me. It sounded more like him wanting to get the hell out of Dodge as opposed to going somewhere to grieve.

I tend to agree with people who say if the Ramseys are guilty, Patsy was the architect of the cover up and John either went along or was an accessory after the fact. One of the LE investigators firmly believes John didn't know until he found her body, and then started putting two and two together. When he realized his daughter was dead and his family had something to do with it and they may go to jail, he shut down and then quickly consulted an attorney.

I know there is no playbook for how grieving parents are supposed to act. I can't imagine losing one of my kids, especially under circumstances like this. However, I do think a lot of what they did and said was really odd. The oddest of all to me was the bizarre interview they did on CNN shortly after JBR died. Their behavior was odd and it seemed more self-serving than anything.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #34
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Among the many televised interviews I did watch, and I have not seen all, John comes across as likable and credible, which is alarming absolutely knowing he is lying and that he knows he is lying and throwing innocent people under the bus. Patsy always came across as kind of overblown, overdone, and stagey, therefore more suspicious, but they both have complicity in this crime. I do believe Burke killed JonBenét suddenly by accident and it was not any drawn-out premeditated murder.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:31 PM   #35
ScaryFog
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler View Post
Though I don't know about John.....what's the agreed upon staging of him that day?
Based on the 911 call that they enhanced the audio on, you can hear a conversation. I think we could make a case that John knew by the time of the phone call.

There are 3 known people in the house: John, Patsy and Burke.
There are 3 voices believed to be heard on the call: a man's voice, and 2 other voices that sound a lot more similar, like a woman and/or a young boy.

There's only one man in the house so it has to be John. It appears the voice of Burke says something like "What did you find?" and then John says something like "We're not speaking to you".

That's very standoffish, like there's a clear division. 'We' are not speaking to 'you'. If Burke is the 'you', then the 'we' could only mean John and Patsy. Why is there this division when they should be united against the person who wrote the ransom note, and likely took their daughter/sister? If what has been interpreted from that enhanced call is correct, it appears that John and Patsy believe Burke did it.
ScaryFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:36 PM   #36
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFog View Post
Based on the 911 call that they enhanced the audio on, you can hear a conversation. I think we could make a case that John knew by the time of the phone call.

There are 3 known people in the house: John, Patsy and Burke.
There are 3 voices believed to be heard on the call: a man's voice, and 2 other voices that sound a lot more similar, like a woman and/or a young boy.

There's only one man in the house so it has to be John. It appears the voice of Burke says something like "What did you find?" and then John says something like "We're not speaking to you".

That's very standoffish, like there's a clear division. 'We' are not speaking to 'you'. If Burke is the 'you', then the 'we' could only mean John and Patsy. Why is there this division when they should be united against the person who wrote the ransom note, and likely took their daughter/sister? If what has been interpreted from that enhanced call is correct, it appears that John and Patsy believe Burke did it.
Yes, I didn't mention that because it's supposedly been refuted. Does anyone know if this is genuine?
Old 12-31-2019, 03:00 AM   #37
wackerstack
Occasional Poster

In his almost too revealing AMA, Boulder police chief Mark Beckner confirms that he hears something similar. It's a great read, he seems very skeptical of any outside party being involved...

Quote:
It has been reported the dialogue at the end of the 911 tape was: Male: "We're not speaking to you!" Female: "Help me Jesus. Help me Jesus." Young Male: "Well, what did you find?" Do you believe this is valid, that those words were actually spoken?
Quote:
The words are difficult to hear and some claim they cannot hear them. After listening to the tape many times, I can tell you that I can hear what sounds like voices saying those words.
wackerstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:51 AM   #38
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I do not hear anything remotely close to what people have said they've heard at the end of the 911 call. I think it's just white noise or static and the human brain is filling in gaps to make it sound like sentences. And I think Patsy was responsible for her death.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:44 PM   #39
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I do not hear anything remotely close to what people have said they've heard at the end of the 911 call. I think it's just white noise or static and the human brain is filling in gaps to make it sound like sentences. And I think Patsy was responsible for her death.
Yeah, I have an open mind about this but I hear nothing. I can’t believe anyone can say they can clearly hear those words.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #40
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Regardless of what may have been said or done, I do believe both John and Patsy to be culpable not only in the coverup of JonBenét's death but directly for her death by not getting help for Burke when it was evident for a long while that he had these problems. This was not just a matter of an accident when he snapped once. He seems to have either learned his lesson or received help or both, as there are many cases of true sociopaths where the parents repeatedly jumped up and down screaming for help and nothing was taken seriously by any professionals or authorities until the juvenile sociopath killed somebody. It's quite possible Burke resented only his sister and once she was gone he felt things were fine...he was sure having a good laugh over getting away with it on Dr. Phil! It's also possible as some have suggested that Patsy was responsible for JonBenét's death, that Burke only wounded her, seriously and perhaps mortally, and Patsy choked the life out of her with her overblown fake kidnapping scenario, as whatever was in JonBenét's stomach was digested for at least an hour.

Do I believe that John, Burke, Patsy's sister, and other relatives such as John's older children, know the complete truth and are withholding it from the public, therefore becoming accessories after the fact of murder, failure to report a death, abuse of a corpse, and whatever other crimes were committed? Yes, I do, 100%! Our only hope is that someone leaves a deathbed confession.