Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Acquires The Office Starting January 2022; 27th Annual Critics Choice Awards Nominees
getTV Acquires The Rockford Files, Here Come the Brides; Disney's Secrets of Sulphur Springs Premieres Jan. 14
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 6, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Kevin Can F*** Himself and Pen15 Cancelled; The Waltons' Homecoming Brings Ratings High to The CW
Fri-Yay: Itís Always Sunny Returns, Bold and Funny as Ever; Jon Stewart Joins Live in Front of a Studio Audience for The Facts of Life; Remembering Eddie Mekka of Laverne & Shirley
Rewind TV January 2022 Schedule Includes Drew Carey, NewsRadio; HBO's Somebody Somewhere Premieres Jan. 16
Live in Front of a Studio Audience Announces Cast of The Facts of Life; Disney Television Orders Marsai Martin Produced Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-December)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #181
bryndis
eeek
Occasional Poster

Well re-watching Unsolved Mysteries episodes and them being a bunch of cases that delt with random murders make me worry about going outside and never coming back home again. :\

I remember watching that segment where that guy gave this man a ride, and threw him out because he had a knife or something, drove around and then saw him walking towards his house where his elderly mother lived. That scared me!
bryndis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #182
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular

Icon15 Scariest UM Moment

One of the scariest UM moments I can think of was actually the first Episode I ever saw in 1988. The Unibomber story (He was still at large back then). He was placing a device under a parked car in an office carpark. A Witness in the office was watching him through horizontal blinds. Suddenly the Unibomber looks up at the Witness and pretty much straight at the camera. Freaked me out at an 11 yr old

Other scary moments for me:

1: Tara Calico Abduction - Seeing that Polaroid photo of those 2 kids bound and gagged scared the crap out my friend and I as we were roughly the same age as the Boy at the time.

2: Queen Mary Ghosts - Especially the part when the Female worker is travelling up the escalator and suddenly a man is standing right behind her!

3: New Hampshire Serial Killer - The pregnant woman who stopped for a Can of Soda in the middle of nowhere only to be stalked and knifed but miraculously survived. The composite of this Guy was Scary! I believe he has since been identified and is now deceased?

I will post more when I think of them
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #183
Kane
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkys-Place
3: New Hampshire Serial Killer - The pregnant woman who stopped for a Can of Soda in the middle of nowhere only to be stalked and knifed but miraculously survived. The composite of this Guy was Scary! I believe he has since been identified and is now deceased?
Yes and no. Yes, there is a suspect in the case who is now deceased; no, the case hasn't been solved.

The suspect's name was Michael Nicholaou. He killed himself on December 31, 2005, just after killing his wife Aileen and fatally wounding his stepdaughter Taryn Bowman. To date, there hasn't been enough evidence to prove (or disprove) he was the New Hampshire serial killer.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #184
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:

That one has always scared the CRAP out of me. It's the one I always think of whenever I have to stop anywhere late at night, and my heart always races a little whenever I see a Jeep Wagoneer on the road.

And yes, that is an awful composite. I was in a bookstore once after class in college looking for something to read as there was a break coming up, and while in the "True Crime" section I picked up a selection that looked interesting. I opened it up in the middle, only to be surprised with a GIGANTIC blowup of that very composite. I almost dropped the book.

The attacker has never been officially identified. A PI working the case has made an extremely convincing argument that a man named Michael Nicholau (who is in fact deceased) is the Connecticut River Valley Killer. He closely resembles the composite and was living in the area at the time. There's plenty of discussion about it here on the board if you're interested.

The only other segment that frightened me to the degree this one did was the "Debbie" case, especially that chase-through-the-woods scene.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #185
bell83
You're in high school again.

A little off topic, but regarding the New Hampshire serial killer...

A friend of mine and I went to Boston, last summer, for a Paul McCartney concert. While driving back, around three in the morning, we had to drive through that area of New Hampshire to get back home (in New York). At one point, we decided it was prudent to stop and get some sleep, as we were both about to fall asleep. So we stopped in a rest area and went to sleep. The next morning, I realized where we were, and told her about the New Hampshire serial killer. She said something like "If you'd have told me that, last night, I would've continued to drive until we reached New York or died after I fell asleep at the wheel...whichever came first."
Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #186
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
New Hampshire Serial Killer - The pregnant woman who stopped for a Can of Soda in the middle of nowhere only to be stalked and knifed but miraculously survived. The composite of this Guy was Scary! I believe he has since been identified and is now deceased?
All I know is that I was young when I saw that one. Maybe 10 years old tops. For some reason the pictures of all the women he raped and killed frightened me. And not to mention the whole segment was freaky. A woman stops for a drink. A man tries to kill her and leaves her for dead. She gets up and starts driving so fast only to actually accidentally catch up to the man on the road. Right out of a movie.

The Dick Hansen segment freaks me out too. Either an act of random violence, a hitman or the woman in the story isn't telling the truth. Either way the sequence of events is troubling to watch
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #187
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
2. Justin Burgwinkel - when he told his girlfriend "Have you ever seen the movie White Sands?", the hair on my neck stood up.
Anyone know a Youtube video or anything with that segment? I have never seen it? Can't find it based on that name either
Old 02-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #188
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

When Patrica Meehan leaned over and looked at the lady she had a head on crash with.

That was scary!
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #189
xxxxmattxxxx69
Frequent Poster

I forgot what case this was but a lady was murdered in her beauty salon and a door to door sales woman comes face to face with the killer and she flees and tries to call 911.
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #190
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxmattxxxx69
I forgot what case this was but a lady was murdered in her beauty salon and a door to door sales woman comes face to face with the killer and she flees and tries to call 911.
That was Dana Satterfield.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #191
starmushrooms
Occasional Poster

I just saw this episode the other day and can't remember the guys name, but he was involved in robbing his friends house of rare Indian dolls and antique guns. I think the scariest moment in the whole segment was when the homeowners wife walked in on the robbers and she had this look of terrified horror on her face as they went to slo-mo and blacked it out just as one of them hit her on the back of the head.

That was one of those re-enactments that sticks with you.

AKA Cheryl Ann Wick
AKA Kelly Lee Karr
AKA Sharon Wiley
starmushrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:41 AM   #192
CanadianUMFan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
All I know is that I was young when I saw that one. Maybe 10 years old tops. For some reason the pictures of all the women he raped and killed frightened me. And not to mention the whole segment was freaky. A woman stops for a drink. A man tries to kill her and leaves her for dead. She gets up and starts driving so fast only to actually accidentally catch up to the man on the road. Right out of a movie.
I just watched this on the site that can't be named and it is definitely one of the scariest UM segments IMO. I strongly recommend it to anyone who has yet to see it. BTW, I did a little research tonight on this case and while Mike Nicholaou is an interesting suspect, he seemed to have an alibi of sorts for at least three of the killings. In other words, this is still very much an unsolved mystery.
CanadianUMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #193
starmushrooms
Occasional Poster

Just watched the Michael Hughes case with the lights off and at the exact moment the sketch of how he might look today came up my mother called me and I think my scream may have woken up the neighbors. LOL
starmushrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #194
Oooga Chucka
Frequent Poster

I was also scared by the Matthew Chase ATM guy as well as the Judy Himes phone call. The Mikki Jo West case scared the hell out of me when I was younger - the message was upsetting enough, but the poor grammar and handwriting just made it creepier - "and then he cry."

I've never heard anyone mention this one, but the end of the Chaim Weiss segment, when the jogger is looking over at that kid, for some reason, that gave me the chills.
Oooga Chucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #195
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Hmmm, what segment is it where a man comes home from work and right away knows something is amiss? He then walks into different rooms only to find a friend who he was living with attack him. He eventually got away and actually ran through a plate glass window. It was later discovered that this man killed his own wife and kid in the same house, different room. Just a creep factor of a segment