Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Nivri
Frequent Poster

Default "Ozzie and Harriet" on RTV

RTV has begun running "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" at 10:00 AM beginning today, November 28.
Nivri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
Dobson and Kelly
Dobson and Kelly
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivri
RTV has begun running "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" at 10:00 AM beginning today, November 28.

My cable provider does not offer RTV. I wish it did.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
Dobson and Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
mets82

I have RTV and it isnt that great. They really have no shows and they are losing affiliates to ME-TV. I have RTV yet I dont see Ozzie and Harriet on my schedule.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
Dobson and Kelly
Dobson and Kelly
Frequent Poster

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
I have RTV and it isnt that great. They really have no shows and they are losing affiliates to ME-TV. I have RTV yet I dont see Ozzie and Harriet on my schedule.

It would be nice if Antenna TV picked up Ozzie and Harriet- They have Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, Dragnet, Dennis the Menace, Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best.
Dobson and Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson and Kelly
It would be nice if Antenna TV picked up Ozzie and Harriet- They have Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, Dragnet, Dennis the Menace, Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best.
Yes, that would be great. Maybe they will - they certainly have a SUPERB selection of shows...so you never know what might happen down the road.

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Hazel Anyday

Thumbs down RTV seems to have lost it's will to show decent programming

I didn't know O&H were on till mid-December, it's on every day at 10 am. While I'm happy to record these, unfortunately they're skipping episodes like crazy. One episode will show then they'll skip 25 episodes and show another one then skip 5 episodes and show anonther then skip 19 episodes and show another. On and on, the only thing you can hope to get from RTV's showing is a brief example of each season of the shows, this is in no way a presentation of all the episodes being shown in episode guide order. This is more a case of be grateful for the crumbs that RTV throws at us. The quality of the shows (how they look) is also awful, looks like extremely old prints that were stored in a dirty basement withe the cans open and dirt and water leaking on the films. Very bad, much like you might see in a bad looking public domain DVD. If only RTV could get their act together and show old TV series that are 1. complete episodes counts 2. episodes shown in broadcast guide order & 3. show restored or at least 1/2 way well cared for prints. I'm glad to get these O&H crumbs RTV is showing (hairs in the frame and film breaks and frame skips and all, ever see a badly kept old home movie?, that's the quality level of O&H on RTV) but it's a genuine case of "it's better than nothing."

Also RTV needs to clear it's schedule of all the 1980's and 1990's "news" "investigative A&E" exploitative programming and all the lousy 1990's and 2000's medical and detective(?) shows. This programming stinks. Get back to 1950's and 1960's and early 1970's shows, this is why you attracted an audience to begin with. Please stop now your self-destructive path to crap shows and total mediocrity, in other words stop following TV-Land's example. There's another ONCE-GREAT TV channel that now isn't worth even thinking about much less watching, unless your thought is "what a waste this channel has become." RTV shape up before it's too late, start showing again true classic TV from the '50's thru early '70's, let the other million channels show the crap.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
mets82

I mentioned RTV's lousy programming earlier in this thread. I dont know how they stay in business. Forget about the shows for a minute, and yes they are lousy, but what about how its presented? I dont know about you but when I used to put on RTV, the quality of the station looked like a public access station, than anything else.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
Goldilocks
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
While I'm happy to record these, unfortunately they're skipping episodes like crazy. One episode will show then they'll skip 25 episodes and show another one then skip 5 episodes and show anonther then skip 19 episodes and show another. On and on, the only thing you can hope to get from RTV's showing is a brief example of each season of the shows, this is in no way a presentation of all the episodes being shown in episode guide order. This is more a case of be grateful for the crumbs that RTV throws at us. The quality of the shows (how they look) is also awful, looks like extremely old prints that were stored in a dirty basement withe the cans open and dirt and water leaking on the films. Very bad, much like you might see in a bad looking public domain DVD. I'm glad to get these O&H crumbs RTV is showing (hairs in the frame and film breaks and frame skips and all, ever see a badly kept old home movie?, that's the quality level of O&H on RTV) but it's a genuine case of "it's better than nothing."
This is just how it was when ION was showing O&H. They showed the same 28-30 episodes over and over and they were all over the place. Like one night they'd show "The Orchid and The Violet" and then the next day, they'd show "Kris, The Little Helper". LOL!

Like you, I didn't mind. I gladly watched them.
Goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
ILUVO&H
Forum Regular

Can't wait until Sams project for the entire series to be released on DVD is complete!
ILUVO&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
jehobden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
I didn't know O&H were on till mid-December, it's on every day at 10 am. While I'm happy to record these, unfortunately they're skipping episodes like crazy. One episode will show then they'll skip 25 episodes and show another one then skip 5 episodes and show anonther then skip 19 episodes and show another. On and on, the only thing you can hope to get from RTV's showing is a brief example of each season of the shows, this is in no way a presentation of all the episodes being shown in episode guide order. This is more a case of be grateful for the crumbs that RTV throws at us. The quality of the shows (how they look) is also awful, looks like extremely old prints that were stored in a dirty basement withe the cans open and dirt and water leaking on the films. Very bad, much like you might see in a bad looking public domain DVD. If only RTV could get their act together and show old TV series that are 1. complete episodes counts 2. episodes shown in broadcast guide order & 3. show restored or at least 1/2 way well cared for prints. I'm glad to get these O&H crumbs RTV is showing (hairs in the frame and film breaks and frame skips and all, ever see a badly kept old home movie?, that's the quality level of O&H on RTV) but it's a genuine case of "it's better than nothing."

Also RTV needs to clear it's schedule of all the 1980's and 1990's "news" "investigative A&E" exploitative programming and all the lousy 1990's and 2000's medical and detective(?) shows. This programming stinks. Get back to 1950's and 1960's and early 1970's shows, this is why you attracted an audience to begin with. Please stop now your self-destructive path to crap shows and total mediocrity, in other words stop following TV-Land's example. There's another ONCE-GREAT TV channel that now isn't worth even thinking about much less watching, unless your thought is "what a waste this channel has become." RTV shape up before it's too late, start showing again true classic TV from the '50's thru early '70's, let the other million channels show the crap.
Maybe it was one of these shows that I saw about midnight one night off the Ion affiliate in Waco, TX. It was one of the color episodes from the last season, but the color was badly washed-out. It looked like a public domain print. I think that the plot involved a dinner party that Rick & Kris were trying to throw for some friends, if anyone recognizes that plot line, or something like it, from the last season.
jehobden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
Jude The Obscure
Retired

What RTV is showing are simply the public domain prints--most likely "borrowed" from the Mill Creek dvds. When I mentioned the reruns on the "OzzieHarriet" friend page on Facebook, my post was deleted! Which led me to believe that RTV is running public domain prints which of course is NOT sanctioned by the official Nelson estate (Sam included) and therefore they didn't want publicity for RTV's reruns. In any case, I'm hoping the restoration of the entire series for DVD will also lead to new prints struck for official syndication.
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
Hazel Anyday

I'll bet you're right about RTV just using the Mill Creek set as their source. I couldn't believe when I watched one of the RTV showings of Beverly Hillbillies on the weekend it was exactly the same as the bad public domain shows that do not use the original theme song but instead have replaced it with some non-descript bluegrass type music. I never heard of a station using cheap public domain dvds as their source material. Is RTV on the skids? They use regular syndication packages of Route 66 and Naked City. Why the public domain commercial DVDs for their classic comedies? And when in the world are we going to see Love That Bob back on some station somewhere???
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Maybe because RTV is trying run some shows as cheap as they can find it. I was shocked to see reruns of "The Campbells"--an old CBN Family Channel/Canada co-production--they must have been cheap to obtain! Some of the Naked City reruns are from the 80s syndication package with the old Coca Cola Columbia lady smacked onto the end of the show. There is a local cable access channel in my state that uses public domain DVDs as the source material for their "Classic Tube" showcase. BH and that substituted theme music is a DEAD giveaway it is from a DVD!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
Leslie Eckhardt
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
Maybe because RTV is trying run some shows as cheap as they can find it. I was shocked to see reruns of "The Campbells"--an old CBN Family Channel/Canada co-production--they must have been cheap to obtain! Some of the Naked City reruns are from the 80s syndication package with the old Coca Cola Columbia lady smacked onto the end of the show. There is a local cable access channel in my state that uses public domain DVDs as the source material for their "Classic Tube" showcase. BH and that substituted theme music is a DEAD giveaway it is from a DVD!
These DVDs are of public domain episodes which anybody can show without paying any liscensing fees. There are approximately 50 eps of Beverly Hillbillies, 30 eps of The Lucy Show and an untold no. of eps of Ozzie and Harriet. ME-TV here in Chicago pays the fees to Paramount for the official syndication packages of Lucy and Hillbillies. RTV (which I don't get here) is showing these series for the price of the DVDs. (Which isn't much!) Both Netflix and Vudu have been showing public domain DVDs of feature films and getting their usual rental fees for these free rides! (Some of the films have the Alpha Video bug in the corner of the picture as the film starts!)
Leslie Eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Sometimes I will get an Andy Griffith public domain episode airing on the access channel or Dusty's Trail, but I never see Petticoat Junction, even though the first 20 or so episodes are in the public domain.