Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Janine the Dream
Forum Regular

Default "Busy Christmas" & "Christmas Tree Lot"

Watched both episodes last night. Busy Christmas and Christmas Tree Lot are both first class episodes produced about a year apart, the former in 1956 and the latter in 1957.
Janine the Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Goldilocks
Forum Regular

I can't decide which one of these I like best! They are both so sweet. I love that in "Busy Christmas", Rick sings "The Christmas Song" at the end and we get to see the wives and a very young Danny and Tracy. And at the end of "Chistmas Tree Lot", Ozzie sings, which is so cute.

(Go to 3:05)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7odyF...eature=related

Check out the audience.
Goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
TeeVeeCloset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilocks
I can't decide which one of these I like best! They are both so sweet. I love that in "Busy Christmas", Rick sings "The Christmas Song" at the end and we get to see the wives and a very young Danny and Tracy. And at the end of "Chistmas Tree Lot", Ozzie sings, which is so cute.

(Go to 3:05)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7odyF...eature=related

Check out the audience.
The big question has always and continues to be is that since the only version of "Busy Christmas" available is a rerun version with Rick inserted singing at the end much older with family...what appeared in those nearly 3 minutes in its original airing??????
Old 12-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine the Dream
Watched both episodes last night. Busy Christmas and Christmas Tree Lot are both first class episodes produced about a year apart, the former in 1956 and the latter in 1957.
They are both wonderful episodes but there is something REALLY SPECIAL abt Busy Christmas. I could watch it 50X over and not tire of it. As a matter of fact, I may just pop it in over the weekend - tis the season afterall!!

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
ILUVO&H
Forum Regular

I love ALL the Ozzie and Harriet Christmas episodes.

Busy Christmas is great. One of my favorites. Christmas Tree lot is fun and it's funny watching Ozzie.. 'the Ricky Nelson of his time.'

My favorite ones are The Christmas Miracle and The one I call, Can Ozzie make it snow? Those two I really like because they are so different from the typical O&H shows. The first one is a lot more sentimental type of show than usual and the second has the whole Nelson family back in time in Ozzie's boyhood as his family.

I also love The Day After Christmas. Watching them ice skating, singing by the camp fire. "Oh we ain't got a barrel of money.. " Seeing Ozzie get sentamental for the days gone by when the boys were young and realizing those days are gone forever.

And I love the one where the Fraturnity buys the piano from the older couple I like singing all the Christmas songs with them too. lol

Ozzie.. 'OOOOOOOOOoooooooooohhh you better watch out you better not pout..' Ricky sining Jingle Bells.

I love Christmas episodes!!!

Then there's the Thank You Notes writing episode. Ozzie gets upset with Thorny at his lack of concideration in picking out a gift he would like every year, fruitcake, only to find out he had the same lack of consideration, in that he always gets Thorny the same gift, a jar of hard candy that Thorny doesn't care for.

My least favorite Christmas episode of theirs would be when Rick and Wally work at the Emporium, it's fine for a everyday episode, they are trying to out do eachother to get the girl, but lacked Christmas cheer for a holiday episode.

Did I miss any?
ILUVO&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #6
snorlaxnut
Let's hear it for WALLY!
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVO&H
Did I miss any?
You forgot:
"Late Christmas Gift"
"The Boys' Christmas Money"
"Lost Christmas Gift" (The family looks for Ricky's new catcher's mitt. They go to a different family named Nelson to see if it was delivered there. The family sees that the other Nelson family doesn't have a lot, so they collect all the party gifts they got from friends and neighbors and give them to the other Nelson family. Ricky also finds his new catcher's mitt and decides to give it to the boy in the family.).

This week I will watch a DVD with these episodes:

"Lost Christmas Gift"
"The Girl In The Emporium"
"Piano For The Fraternity"
"Busy Christmas"
"Christmas Tree Lot"
snorlaxnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorlaxnut
You forgot:
"Late Christmas Gift"
"The Boys' Christmas Money"
"Lost Christmas Gift" (The family looks for Ricky's new catcher's mitt. They go to a different family named Nelson to see if it was delivered there. The family sees that the other Nelson family doesn't have a lot, so they collect all the party gifts they got from friends and neighbors and give them to the other Nelson family. Ricky also finds his new catcher's mitt and decides to give it to the boy in the family.).

This week I will watch a DVD with these episodes:

"Lost Christmas Gift"
"The Girl In The Emporium"
"Piano For The Fraternity"
"Busy Christmas"
"Christmas Tree Lot"
Yes, they are all wonderful. "Piano For The Fraternity" is esp. poignant. There is no such thing as too much O &H!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Is the Shout! Christmas collection worth it?
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
Janine the Dream
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset
The big question has always and continues to be is that since the only version of "Busy Christmas" available is a rerun version with Rick inserted singing at the end much older with family...what appeared in those nearly 3 minutes in its original airing??????

I have also wondered that also. There were so many places that could have been cut, Ozzie climbing the ladder, the store scene, the orphanage scene. My guess is that someone else visited Ozzie when he was on the ladder, could have been a neighbor, Harriet, one of the boys.
Janine the Dream is offline   Reply With Quote