Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 20, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Showtime and Pop; Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Talk Hit Sitcoms
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: NBC and CBS Includes The Rock Comedy at NBC and The Price Is Right at Night on CBS

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-06-2019, 03:11 AM   #16
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Bowel blockage? Are we sure it wasn't a vowel blockage?
Old 12-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #17
LeeBlue
Forum Regular

Default Pat Sajak Temporarily Sidelined Due to Emergency Surgery

Wishing Pat a quick recovery!

Should be interesting to see Vanna as the host --

I'm happy they didn't bring someone else in for the job.
LeeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #18
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Vanna White on hosting Wheel of Fortune: "I know every aspect of the game, which helped so much"

Tonight isn't the first time the longtime Pat Sajak sidekick has hosted Wheel of Fortune. In 1996, White and Pat Sajak switched places for one round when he had laryngitis. But White has never hosted an entire episode, which she will do starting tonight, after Sajak had emergency surgery last month to correct a blocked intestine. “I’ve never even thought of that in 37 years,” White said in an interview with The New York Times last week, “and to be asked almost on the spot, ‘How do you feel about hosting the show?’ Like, what?!” Did she have any nerves? “Oh, my gosh, that’s an understatement,” she said. “I was very nervous.” Sajak has hosted continuously for 35 years, except for April Fool's Day 1997 when he and Jeopardy!'s Alex Trebek swapped jobs. What about White's high heels? “Being behind the home base, I didn’t have to wear shoes,” she said. “So I took my shoes off during the show. It was great.” White said from her experience, she'd like to see more female game show hosts. “Everybody’s entitled to host the show: female, male, everyone,” she said. “It would be fun to see more women up there doing that. If that’s what they want to do.”
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #19
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Vanna White on hosting Wheel of Fortune: "I know every aspect of the game, which helped so much"

Tonight isn't the first time the longtime Pat Sajak sidekick has hosted Wheel of Fortune. In 1996, White and Pat Sajak switched places for one round when he had laryngitis. But White has never hosted an entire episode, which she will do starting tonight, after Sajak had emergency surgery last month to correct a blocked intestine. “I’ve never even thought of that in 37 years,” White said in an interview with The New York Times last week, “and to be asked almost on the spot, ‘How do you feel about hosting the show?’ Like, what?!” Did she have any nerves? “Oh, my gosh, that’s an understatement,” she said. “I was very nervous.” Sajak has hosted continuously for 35 years, except for April Fool's Day 1997 when he and Jeopardy!'s Alex Trebek swapped jobs. What about White's high heels? “Being behind the home base, I didn’t have to wear shoes,” she said. “So I took my shoes off during the show. It was great.” White said from her experience, she'd like to see more female game show hosts. “Everybody’s entitled to host the show: female, male, everyone,” she said. “It would be fun to see more women up there doing that. If that’s what they want to do.”
Old 12-10-2019, 04:50 AM   #20
LaBestia
I Rather Be Watching METV

I saw Vanna White's episode of Wheel Of Fortune on Youtube a few minutes ago and it was so nice to see her interact with the contestants in solo mode. But the cutest part of the episode was seeing Minnie Mouse as letter turner and Minnie was so cute in the role. And since it was the debut day of Wheel Of Fortune's Disney Secret Santa Week it was so cute to see Mickey appear at the end. While I do wish Pat Sajak a speedy recovery Vanna is such a joy to fill in for him and I hope to see more episodes with her hosting the show solo in the future
Bestie
Old 12-11-2019, 04:02 AM   #21
TMC
Forum Celebrity

There is something unique about a woman like Vanna White hosting Wheel of Fortune

With men dominating game show hosting jobs, it was refreshing to see White fill in for Pat Sajak as host of Wheel of Fortune starting on Monday and through the next three weeks, says Robert Llloyd. "Not to put too fine a point on it, or stereotype by gender, but there is something distinct about a woman in the job: an openness, a warmer warmth, a different sort of encouraging voice," he says, adding: "It’s not exactly sad that this job is temporary for White — Sajak is a crucial part of this equation as well — but even a casual viewer, looking ahead three weeks, might feel a little advance regret at it ending."
Old 12-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #22
TSMIV
Forum Regular

Vanna is doing pretty good, but I miss Pat's corny jokes and sarcasm.
TSMIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #23
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Vanna White: I learned I was hosting Wheel of Fortune 30 minutes before taping

“P-A-N-I-C. Panic is the word that comes to mind!,” White said with a laugh, recalling to Vulture when she was told at the last minute last month that she had to fill in for Pat Sajak, who was undergoing emergency surgery. “Our executive producer came up to me and said, ‘Hey, Pat has to go into emergency surgery right now. How would you feel about hosting the show?’ Panic set it at that moment, but I made a quick decision and realized the show must go on. I felt like I had to do it, and I did. I did have a choice, but I didn’t. I had no practice whatsoever. It was just before it.” White said of hosting episodes of Wheel for the first time: "It was a huge shift because all of a sudden all the attention was on me."
Old 12-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #24
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuOownr0Vts
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #25
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Pat Sajak's daughter fills in on Wheel of Fortune as letter-turner

Country singer Maggie Sajak, 25, took over Vanna White's job on Monday as White continued to guest-host following Sajak's surgery recuperation.