Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-05-2001, 06:26 PM   #1
panman
Forum Regular

Red face Scariest UM Moments

What are some of the freakiest stories from this show? Im kinda nervous to hear your replies, cause this show freaks me out sometimes. Yet, I don't know why, cause I've seen every horror movie possible. You should see my collection.

------------------
The Facts of Life are all about You!
panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 11:15 PM   #2
enfuegoy2j
Frequent Poster

The Gary Grant one.

[This message has been edited by enfuegoy2j (edited 08-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by enfuegoy2j (edited 09-04-2001).]
enfuegoy2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2001, 07:53 AM   #3
unsolvedfan19
Occasional Poster

Unhappy

Well the freakiest unsolved episode for me was the crib haunting one. You know where the family buys this old crib and all this poltergist activity starts. Then the father see's a vision of their house burning down. That episode just stuck in my memory. It's strange to think that physical objects can hold memories or rather bring evil to one. Makes you wonder.

------------------
Join me ... Perhaps you may be able to help solve a mystery
unsolvedfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 11:00 AM   #4
theinsaneone@cableinet.co

I have a few freaky ones.

1) The Editon about the unexplained death of Gary Grant JR, The son of a law enforcement officer, who was killed then, all sorts of signs started appearing around his father, IE on his police car "I killed Gary Grant JR" when he was out on calls, and sometimes on pavements, conveninetly appearing where his father went! Which freaks me out, due to the fact that the killer is so near, and is following this guy, but aint been caught. (-- I saw this episode while on holiday in the USA)

2) There was this one with a UFO once, and the way the story was told, was AWESOMELY scary, mainly due to the fact, afterwords, i hadda walk back home to a friends house, in the dark past a field.. heh. ( AAAAGES ago, when the show was actually shown in the UK)

3) There was this one, when I was on holiday, that it was an unexplained killing/shooting in an underground car park, and, I had to go to an underground car park, in our apartment block, and it was just so freakily quiet it spooked me.

4) LOADS OF THINGS! There has been times I have had to shut the thing off, because, some times, it gets far to scary.

5) The DAMN THEME TUNE! THat thing is freaky. Turn out all your lights, sit in the dark and listen...

Wanna talk, e-mail me! or add Dazzmiller2k1 or Dazz Benoit to your AIM or Dazzm@hotmail.com to your MSN, or e-mail me @ theinsaneone@Cableinet.co.uk
Old 08-15-2001, 08:12 PM   #5
ncviewer
Occasional Poster

Question

Tell me more about this Gary Grant episode. Where did this officer live and when did this happen? My husband is a LEO and stories about criminals coming after cops' families REALLY get my attention!

ncviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 02:08 PM   #6
dazzmiller
Occasional Poster

Direct from e-mail corrrespondance with UM :
Other than what you viewed, there is no additional info. Our show indicated
on January 12, 1984, in Atlantic City, New Jersey, 7 year-old Gary Grant
Jr. disappeared but was later found dead. His friend "Boo" was initially
charged with the murder but later charges were dropped. It is thought the
murder could be retribution for an arrest his father, a law enforcement
officer, made.

You see. Boo was a retarded friend of the young man in question, and there was some sort of clue leading up to him, but he was later dropped.

The thing was tho. After the killing, and even through the time Boo was getting accused, Graffitti in the streets, places The law enforcement officer went, and even onto his cop car during a stop read something to the extent.

"I killed Gary Grant JR ..<DATE> .. You next" Something like that, sometimes, it said things like revenge, and I en
joyed it and stuff.. really freaky.
dazzmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 04:58 PM   #7
Bluestone
I'm the Twister
Forum Regular

1. The first episode I saw was about a house with a family of four. Strange things started happening in that house and the family believed it was haunted.

2. Another scary one was with a man who went out to the ATM and disappeared. A bank camera picked up a brief shot of a strange man at his shoulder, and it was one of the CREEPIEST moments I've ever seen on television!

3. There was another one about a killer that was just scary to me because it happened in the city where I live!
Bluestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 02:35 AM   #8
Amute
Occasional Poster

Unhappy

hey did you ever here about the one were this girl posts this message online and this peron read her message, found her home and killed her...

if you never heard about it...

i bet you soon will...

i promise
Amute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 07:37 PM   #9
callmetootie

Send a message via AIM to callmetootie
It's this one about a guy who was a special surgeon that used a special method to cure diseases. It turns out that he was taking everyones money away, and the police took him to jail. He came back to the town where he did the surgery and tormented the patients, by calling them over and over again.

------------------
Andrew Carden
callmetootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 06:23 PM   #10
Sean Snow
moo
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Sean Snow
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Amute:

hey did you ever here about the one were this girl posts this message online and this peron read her message, found her home and killed her...

if you never heard about it...

i bet you soon will...

i promise
Now that was a little weird!

Sean Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 01:26 PM   #11
Kane

Red face

I think one of the scariest moments on UM was a segment about two abductions during the late '80s. Each of them occured one year apart (a nine-year-old boy in 1988 and an older girl in 1989). At first, they appeared to be separate incidents--until someone discovered a picture of the two kidnapping victims together!

I know it aired during the 1989-90 season. But no matter how often I have watched the UM reruns on Lifetime, I never saw that particular story aired on that channel. It would be nice if Lifetime aired that segment so that we could find out whether or not the case has ever been solved. (But hey, Lifetime finally started showing the Kurt Cobain segment recently, so anything's possible.)
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 02:47 PM   #12
grbush82
Occasional Poster

The one that still freaks me out is the case with this guy who abducted his own son from his school. The boy was never found,and his mother died in a suspicous car accdient a few years ago. They did an interview with the guy..and he didn't want to tell anyone where the boy was. But the strange thing is that he had actually either abducted or adopted the boy's mother when she was a child. And then when she grew up,she had a baby with him. But she died. And they still haven't found the boy. So that still freaks me out.

And then there's the case with a husband who wife had dissapeared. No one had a clue where she was,but the police suspected that the husband had something to do with her disapearance because he had hired a private investigator to follow his wife a couple of months before her dissapearance. No one ever found out what happened to her,but lifetime updated the case,saying 7 years after her dissapearance,the husband found out his new girlfriend was cheating on him. She shot and killed her lover,shot the girlfriend,then drove to a remote area and shot himself. I mean that just scared the hell out of me,that all along he was really the one who killed her.

~Michelle
grbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:12 PM   #13
Kane

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kane:
[B]I think one of the scariest moments on UM was a segment about two abductions during the late '80s. Each of them occured one year apart (a nine-year-old boy in 1988 and an older girl in 1989).

Actually, both kidnappings took place in 1988. The boy was kidnapped in April of that year, followed by the abduction of teenage girl five months later. Please excuse my initial mistake.

Although both kids were abducted in New Mexico, the photo was dicovered at a parking lot in Florida in 1989.

Old 08-30-2001, 01:31 PM   #14
TJ
Owner
Administrator

[quote]Originally posted by Kane:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
I think one of the scariest moments on UM was a segment about two abductions during the late '80s. Each of them occured one year apart (a nine-year-old boy in 1988 and an older girl in 1989).

Actually, both kidnappings took place in 1988. The boy was kidnapped in April of that year, followed by the abduction of teenage girl five months later. Please excuse my initial mistake.

Although both kids were abducted in New Mexico, the photo was dicovered at a parking lot in Florida in 1989.
You are correct on the details, I'm amazed you can remember that. The episode aired September 20, 1989 - I have it taped from NBC.

Do you have notes on the episodes that you can e-mail me for the episode guide?
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 07:20 PM   #15
Kane

Do you have notes on the episodes that you can e-mail me for the episode guide?[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say that there's not too much that I could email you. As for the dates in which a given segment first aired, there are some specific dates that I remember, and there are other dates that I don't remember too well.

One example of the former: the segment with Jon Bon Jovi (the one about the mysterious death of his friend/manager's little girl) originally aired on CBS on May 22, 1998.

An example of the latter: A segment in which a Pennsylvania factory worker who (along with some platinum) disappeared in 1987. I'm sure that segment aired sometime early in the 1989-90 season (during the fall, if I'm not mistaken), but I can't remember the specific date in which that episode first aired.

Hope this helps.