Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
vashti1999
NY METS - #1
Forum Veteran

Default Next 'Apprentice' to be shot in Calif.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm from NYC, but I'm unsure if I'm going to enjoy the show as much as I do now when they shoot it in California. NYC is such a big part of the show I'm gonna miss it. What are they gonna do, instead of having people ride away in the taxi they'll be rollerblading off the show?

Anyway, it says the sixth season, so if I'm not mistaken the current one is season 4, so it'll be the Apprentice after the next one.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Donald Trump is leaving New York to fire people on the West Coast. NBC announced Tuesday that The Apprentice has been picked up for a sixth season and will be shot in Southern California.

The New York-based Trump will continue to star in the reality show, in which candidates compete for a job with the real estate mogul.

"Donald has so many recent West Coast projects, that it made perfect sense to change locations," the show's creator Mark Burnett said in a statement.

Among Trump's California holdings is the Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles in Rancho Palos Verdes.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:29 AM   #2
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashti1999
Maybe I'm biased because I'm from NYC, but I'm unsure if I'm going to enjoy the show as much as I do now when they shoot it in California. NYC is such a big part of the show I'm gonna miss it. What are they gonna do, instead of having people ride away in the taxi they'll be rollerblading off the show?

Anyway, it says the sixth season, so if I'm not mistaken the current one is season 4, so it'll be the Apprentice after the next one.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Donald Trump is leaving New York to fire people on the West Coast. NBC announced Tuesday that The Apprentice has been picked up for a sixth season and will be shot in Southern California.

The New York-based Trump will continue to star in the reality show, in which candidates compete for a job with the real estate mogul.

"Donald has so many recent West Coast projects, that it made perfect sense to change locations," the show's creator Mark Burnett said in a statement.

Among Trump's California holdings is the Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles in Rancho Palos Verdes.
Rollerblading???? only if they happen to be in Venice, CA. other than that, it will be limos or SUV's, typical Southern Cali style (I am from Calif. YEAH!!!!!! CALI)
Old 12-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Legend

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

I agree, I prefer NYC too. I looove NYC, so I like seeing it every week and whats going on.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

I agree with you Vashti, Trump is from New York, this where he made his fortune, it won't be the same anywhere else.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:35 AM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I wonder if it will be in LA
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

That's gonna be horrible. The ratings are gonna drop soo much.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #7
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

I thought they were gonna shoot it in NORTHERN California.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
vashti1999
NY METS - #1
Forum Veteran

Default Trump fires up new L.A. 'Apprentice'

New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com

Trump fires up new L.A. 'Apprentice'
Thursday, January 4th, 2007

"The Apprentice." Sunday night at 9:30, NBC.

Donald Trump heads west for the sixth cycle of NBC's "The Apprentice," taking his show on the road and relocating it in Los Angeles with a new setting, new boardroom assistants and enough changes to shake up the show's now-familiar structure.

The personnel changes are obvious as soon as the show's expanded 90-minute opener gets underway Sunday night at 9:30. Carolyn Kepcher is indeed gone (dismissed by Trump between seasons), and affable George Ross is a start-of-season no-show. Instead, we have Trump's impressive, no-nonsense daughter Ivanka keeping an eye on the two teams as they go about their tasks.

Helping Ivanka and dad evaluate the losing team in the boardroom this season (one major change this year) is the project manager from the winning team. He or she not only sits in the catbird seat next to Trump, but holds that seat, and title of project manager, until losing.

An "Apprentice" equivalent of "Jeopardy!" winner Ken Jennings could run the table, and never leave it.

Another big change is that while the winning team (first task: holding a car wash) can kick back and relax in a glamorous L.A. mansion, the losers have to sleep on the mansion grounds, with communal tent, portable toilets and outdoor showers. Needless to say, they are not happy campers.

The latest batch of 16 contestants, for the most part, is less noteworthy for displaying managerial skills than for having little command of basic grammar.

One contestant speaks of being concerned "If I got blew away by a landslide," and he's one of the more coherent ones.

When playing this game, there's a difference between being in tents and being intense, and what's so entertaining about "The Apprentice," as always, is how quickly contestants stumble over one another to expose their worst traits.

Pitching bad ideas, wasting time on fools' errands, being abrasively obnoxious and combative, falling in love with the sound of their own voice - watching "The Apprentice" is a crash course in what not to do on a job interview, or in a competitive job situation.

Donald Trump this season seems to be speaking even more deliberately than usual, sprinkling each sentence with long pauses, like the tycoon equivalent of William Shatner from "Star Trek." But he also seems to be suffering fools less gladly, and this batch has more than its share of fools rushing in.

For viewers of "The Apprentice," that's an encouraging sign.
vashti1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
New York Daily News - http://www.nydailynews.com

Trump fires up new L.A. 'Apprentice'
Thursday, January 4th, 2007

"The Apprentice." Sunday night at 9:30, NBC.

Donald Trump heads west for the sixth cycle of NBC's "The Apprentice," taking his show on the road and relocating it in Los Angeles with a new setting, new boardroom assistants and enough changes to shake up the show's now-familiar structure.

The personnel changes are obvious as soon as the show's expanded 90-minute opener gets underway Sunday night at 9:30. Carolyn Kepcher is indeed gone (dismissed by Trump between seasons), and affable George Ross is a start-of-season no-show. Instead, we have Trump's impressive, no-nonsense daughter Ivanka keeping an eye on the two teams as they go about their tasks.

Helping Ivanka and dad evaluate the losing team in the boardroom this season (one major change this year) is the project manager from the winning team. He or she not only sits in the catbird seat next to Trump, but holds that seat, and title of project manager, until losing.

An "Apprentice" equivalent of "Jeopardy!" winner Ken Jennings could run the table, and never leave it.

Another big change is that while the winning team (first task: holding a car wash) can kick back and relax in a glamorous L.A. mansion, the losers have to sleep on the mansion grounds, with communal tent, portable toilets and outdoor showers. Needless to say, they are not happy campers.

The latest batch of 16 contestants, for the most part, is less noteworthy for displaying managerial skills than for having little command of basic grammar.

One contestant speaks of being concerned "If I got blew away by a landslide," and he's one of the more coherent ones.

When playing this game, there's a difference between being in tents and being intense, and what's so entertaining about "The Apprentice," as always, is how quickly contestants stumble over one another to expose their worst traits.

Pitching bad ideas, wasting time on fools' errands, being abrasively obnoxious and combative, falling in love with the sound of their own voice - watching "The Apprentice" is a crash course in what not to do on a job interview, or in a competitive job situation.

Donald Trump this season seems to be speaking even more deliberately than usual, sprinkling each sentence with long pauses, like the tycoon equivalent of William Shatner from "Star Trek." But he also seems to be suffering fools less gladly, and this batch has more than its share of fools rushing in.

For viewers of "The Apprentice," that's an encouraging sign.

The show will go down hill because his kids are the judges
Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
vashti1999
NY METS - #1
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
The show will go down hill because his kids are the judges
The show will go down hill because it's tired
vashti1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

First 25 minutes are up for viewing on NBC.com minus commercials.

A very cheesy opening but I kinda like the cast and the first task is a good old fashioned car wash.

My fear is that, as always, the first episode is pretty good, with a promising cast, but with each episode, it just goes more and more downhill.
TVJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

Quote:
The show will go down hill because it's tired
i used to love The Apprentice, but i've stopped watching it because it's old and tired. it went downhill last season IMO.
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
AB
Supernatural - Dean
Forum Celebrity

Maybe it will be better in California, its kind of getting dull or maybe the
Donald is getting dull.
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Well I kind of like the CITY not the BEACH-lol
Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #15
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

Donald was on "Today" this morning and ripped into Meredith for bringing up Rosie. Like Rosie or hate her, Trump is acting like a total ass about all of this and it IS to draw attention to the Apprentice.

He went on a delusional rant saying that he of course would respond about Rosie, that the Apprentice was the #1 show on TV when it started and that it still does well.

The arrogance of that man really amazes me. I can't believe I started to actually LIKE him during the Apprentice. I guess editing can do wonders for ANYONE.
TVJunkie101 is offline   Reply With Quote