Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Hulu - a Comedy with Steve Martin and Martin Short, the Renewal of Dollface
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: More Cable; 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 20, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #76
dynoguy88

A sad anniversary today for Jeff Oberholzter. Bobbie's body was found 29 years ago today. 1/7/82
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #77
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

It's horrible knowing this case still hasn't been solved...
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #78
dynoguy88

As usual, I'm playing with Google Street View and I found the area of Bobbie's murder on Highway 9 between Breckenridge and Alma.

This is Hoosier Pass which is used as a scenic overlook. Bobbie's killer attempted to rape her in this parking lot.

This next photo shows you the path of Bobbie's final steps. After the killer attempted to bind her wrists inside his vehicle, she escaped from him and ran along Highway 9. The circle to the right is the south side of the parking lot where she exited and the circle to the left is where she was killed.

Going further down Highway 9, we get a closer look at the trees surrounding the spot where she ended up. This set of trees was where Bobbie hoped to hide from the killer after escaping him in the parking lot. Just on the other side of the 50 MPH speed limit sign is where she turned to run off the road.

I was able to find the cross that was placed where Bobbie's body was found. It's circled. When you zoom in on Google Street View, the picture quality gets a little blurry so it's not the best photo. But I was surprised I found the cross.

You'll notice that the cross is very close to the edge of the road suggesting she didn't make it very far. But that's not exactly where she was shot. Her tracks and blood in the snow turned around back to the road suggesting that the killer drove off right after he shot her and she tried to make it back to the road in hopes of flagging somebody down. Unfortunately, the snow banks at the time were so deep that it was next to impossible to climb back up to the road in her condition. She made it about halfway before finally losing strength and collapsing where the cross is.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #79
MegtheEgg86

Thanks for taking the time to do this, dynoguy. This is by far one of my favorite UM cases and it was a real treat to find the thread bumped with your latest street view finds.

That stretch of highway looks virtually unchanged since 1982.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #80
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

DynoGuy, looks good! Funny, I had actually street-viewed this and found the cross a couple of weeks back as well...I wasn't sure if it were the cross or not, so I'm glad someone else found it as well. Now, if you can just find Annette's location for me It's a dirt road area, so it won't be street-viewable. Also, I was on a colorado hitch recently and you can actually street-view the road up to the Mother Cabrini shrine where Mark Groezinger's car was found, not sure of the exact spot though where it was found.

Yes, it is crazy to think that this road probably looks identical to how it looked almost 30 years ago, no changes and no reason for changes. It is a very strange feeling to think
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #81
dynoguy88

It took me a while to find the cross at first. From the book and the articles I read, it said Bobbie's body was found just about 100 yards from the parking lot. I had to go back and watch the Sensing Murder episode clip where the psychics spot the cross and they see it from the road right after walking past the speed limit sign, so I knew it had to be very close by.

Kudos to the Unsolved Mysteries crew. When they reenacted Bobbie's death scene for the segment, the actress playing Bobby ran off the road at the speed limit sign. They were were very precise in using the exact location of the actual murder for filming.

I tried looking for the location of where Annette's body was found in Sacramento Creek but the road isn't available in street view. The best I could find was the turnoff of the road from Highway 9 which takes you to the crime scene. But street view won't let me travel down it.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #82
88keys
Forum Regular

What a beautiful location. Sad to think something so horrible happened there.
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #83
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

On this psychic show i seen online, one person thinks there are two killers while the other thinks there's one. To me though, they need to identify the person behind one of the killings, then check in to see if this guy did the other killing or if he had a friend who did it.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #84
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

Thanks for the images, dynoguy. I've always wanted to see that area, and unfortunately haven't traveled near it.

I have no idea if this has been posted, but it mentions more about Annette and Bobbie's last hours before they were picked up:

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...NEWS/108270031
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #85
idol
Forum Regular

The only part about the husband that had sketchy details was his times did not match the other guys times that he said he was hanging out with on that night. Only problem and odd part was the police didn't find and confirm with the guy he was hanging out with on the night of the killings until 9 years later. Than again 9 years is a long time and who knows he could have messed up the times.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #86
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by idol
The only part about the husband that had sketchy details was his times did not match the other guys times that he said he was hanging out with on that night.
i am over the husband, i know some people will say the husband did it because of his story and all, but the police have eliminated him as a suspect with good reason, i still think that the killer was a guy who just raped and killed hitchikers.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #87
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcarolina
i am over the husband, i know some people will say the husband did it because of his story and all, but the police have eliminated him as a suspect with good reason, i still think that the killer was a guy who just raped and killed hitchikers.
Exactly - he is still making himself public and trying to find his wife's killer. He is innocent.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #88
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageSlowdive
Exactly - he is still making himself public and trying to find his wife's killer. He is innocent.
yeah, plus he was (if i am right) proven innocent thanks to DNA, i just think that the guy who did this was a killer who likely did this before and he had two opportunitities.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #89
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Bump

Due to recent conversations about this case in another thread.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #90
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Jeff was cleared well back in the early 90's. He's no longer considered a suspect, thanks to DNA testing.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote