Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu's Solar Opposites Renewed for 4th Season; Sundance Now's Motherland Returns July 8
MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #481
JaneError
Occasional Poster

Donna Rae Roe, formerly Donna Kempton, passed away December 1, 2020. She was kidnapped by her mother in the 1950s, and reunited with her father David Kempton when the show aired in the 90s.
JaneError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:56 AM   #482
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Sandra Elder, Jeanne Tovrea's sister, died last November. She was interviewed by Unsolved Mysteries about Jeanne's murder.

https://www.wassonfuneralhome.com/m/...der-3/Memories
Old 01-27-2021, 04:14 PM   #483
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

John Grundhofer, the bank executive whose bizarre kidnapping was featured on UM, has died at age 82.

https://m.startribune.com/jack-grund...ied/600015712/
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:20 AM   #484
jbjr56
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
John Grundhofer, the bank executive whose bizarre kidnapping was featured on UM, has died at age 82.

https://m.startribune.com/jack-grund...ied/600015712/
Not funny what happened to him but the segment made me laugh. Because the kidnapper was totally out of shape. And a bungler, lost his notes or something. RS narration of the episode made me chuckle too. Then the authorities went after the wrong guy. Who sort of fit the description. I guess they never found the guy. They should of looked in a rundown motel near Bismarck, ND.

Todd Mueller when I saw the link to the Star Tribune I immediately knew the episode.
jbjr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:24 AM   #485
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

Jim Aylward, Jr., the public administrator in charge of George Marsh's estate, died in April 2011 at the age of 92. From his obituary, "He participated in the battles in Normandy, Northern France, Ardennes, Rhineland and Central Europe. He was awarded the Bronze Star for valor at the Battle of the Bulge."

Funny what you learn about some of these folks. This man seemed quirkily endearing, like your favorite college prof. I immediately smile when he first comes on the screen. It's a safe bet he would have been very entertaining at parties! The role of war hero never came to mind.
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:06 AM   #486
RobertStack
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
In case it hasn't already been mentioned, there is another UM interviewee who has passed away. Although I cannot remember the woman's name, she was interviewed on the show during the 1996-97 season. It was a lost loves segment, and the woman in question was looking for blood relatives. This search was an extremely important one because the woman was ill (although I can't recall specifically what the ailment was).

Sadly, when the segment was rerun on Lifetime, it ended with a text saying that she had died in 1998. It was terrible enough that her life ended too soon, but the worst thing about it was that she died without having any resolution to her search.
13 yrs late but I was just watching an episode with this case and it turns out she did manage to find her sister before dying(however their bone marrow was not compatible) .. the sister was very happy and enthusiastic to be found which is nice to know because that means diane was probably very happy herself at that point .. she even remembered diane's bday which was, coincidentally enough, the day of the reunion and brought her a cake .. it said she died 'soon' after the reunion but who knows how long that means .. hopefully they were able to spend some significant amount of time together before she passed
RobertStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #487
ghosthouse
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertStack View Post
it said she died 'soon' after the reunion but who knows how long that means .. hopefully they were able to spend some significant amount of time together before she passed
Per the Unsolved wiki:

Sadly, Marilyn was not a match and Dyann passed away on September 26, 1995, one year after their reunion.
ghosthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #488
VHSJunkie
Occasional Poster

on what TV show was this sister update?
VHSJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:45 PM   #489
RobertStack
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthouse View Post
Per the Unsolved wiki:

Sadly, Marilyn was not a match and Dyann passed away on September 26, 1995, one year after their reunion.
thanks .. not a lot of time but enough to get to know each other again and bond at least .. hopefully they did so
Old 03-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #490
RobertStack
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHSJunkie View Post
on what TV show was this sister update?
this show, um .. season 6 episode 23
Old 03-13-2021, 11:38 PM   #491
1990 UM fan

The one who died in 1998 was Gale Samuels, not Dyann Hahnlein. Gale had myelodysplastic syndrome and needed a blood donor from a biological relative. Unlike Dyann, Gale Samuels never knew her birth family. Sadly, Gale Samuels died on October 7, 1998, age 48, without ever finding a biological relative. I often wonder if her adoptive family continued to search for Gale's biological family after she died? DNA and genealogical sites could help so much today.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:29 PM   #492
1990 UM fan

I believe this is Blair Adams' mother, Sandra Edwards: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dig...dwards-9973583
Old 03-20-2021, 07:39 AM   #493
1990 UM fan

I'm not sure if she was interviewed by Unsolved Mysteries, since it's been so long since I've seen the particular episode, but Kristie Gunderson Lee's mother, Barbara Skinner, died last October: https://www.yanceyfuneralservice.com...?obId=18490386
Old 05-20-2021, 11:34 PM   #494
infinityluxe
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234 View Post
That is not the John Elias from the segment he was a black man and would have been older than that.
infinityluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:48 AM   #495
1990 UM fan

Geraldine George (later Geraldine Gaston), who was left paralyzed after being shot by her estranged husband Larry George, died last Christmas. Here is her obituary: https://www.smgoodson.com/m/obituari...aston/Memories