Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 7, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-21-2017, 12:37 AM   #316
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I get the impression that some of these folks have led a much harder life than you or I. No offense is meant by that statement, but I just think that having these traumatic things happen weighs on you.
While that is technically true, there were people featured on this show from time to time who didn't have harder lives (for the most part) but looked much older than they actually were.

For instance, Charles Morgan was just 39 when he was killed. And Mary Ann Perez was just 33 when she disappeared, which is crazy. You look at their pictures and they look much older than what they were.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:12 AM   #317
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
While that is technically true, there were people featured on this show from time to time who didn't have harder lives (for the most part) but looked much older than they actually were.

For instance, Charles Morgan was just 39 when he was killed. And Mary Ann Perez was just 33 when she disappeared, which is crazy. You look at their pictures and they look much older than what they were.
Mary Ann Perez looked like she was in her mid 40s-early 50s!!! I didn't realize she was that young
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:33 AM   #318
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234
Mary Ann Perez looked like she was in her mid 40s-early 50s!!! I didn't realize she was that young
Indeed. And the segment alters her picture to show what she might look like after her 15 year absence at the age of 48! It's pretty crazy.

A couple of her kids were teenagers at the time of her disappearance so mathematically, she must have gotten married and started a family as a teenager herself. And I believe she went on to have six kids total.

Having that many kids might have aged her appearance but that's just a shot in the dark.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #319
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88

Point taken. I felt the same way about Gail Delano when I saw her picture. I'm older than she was at the time of her death and I'm confident I photograph much younger than she.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #320
xxxxmattxxxx69
Forum Regular

Not gonna dig through but Michael Lloyd Self passed in 2002 at 53 never having his conviction overturned
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #321
McBevis
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234
Here's his obituary:

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/rgj/o...&preview=false

They didn't mention a daughter or even anyone named Sherry. He did have a son. I wonder if Sherry got any money or any part of the estate.
During the UM update, Mary Helen Carr said something to the effect of "after all of the trouble that he went to to find her, I just hope he doesn't cause her any sorrow." I really hope things didn't go sour between them, because it does seem odd that she wasn't mentioned.
McBevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #322
cdr369
Frequent Poster

It looks like Sherry eventually left Denver and moved to Palm Springs, California. I do not know whether or not her mom is still living.

I felt that the reunion was a bit cold to watch. I do not want to sound harsh to both the daughter and the father, but their first meeting didn't seem to be as warm as we've seen elsewhere.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:39 AM   #323
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Point taken. I felt the same way about Gail Delano when I saw her picture. I'm older than she was at the time of her death and I'm confident I photograph much younger than she.
Gail Delano also looked a lot older than her age. Deborah Poe was 26 but in the pictures, she looked to be in her mid 30s (IMO)
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:25 PM   #324
brianh333
Frequent Poster

Leo Fikes, an ex-boyfriend of Patsy Wright (the gal from Arlington, TX whose cold-medicine was laced with strychnine). Fikes passed a polygraph when questioned about Patsy's death.

Link to obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dal...?pid=171511010
The above post was about unsolved mysteries. Whenever possible, the actual author (not a police official) has participated in re-creating the events. What you just got done reading was NOT a news broadcast.
brianh333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #325
duster340wdg
Occasional Poster

Paul Barrett, the former sheriff of Warren County, Mississippi passed away in 2014. He was interviewed regarding the shootout & death of Dennis Depue.

http://www.vicksburgpost.com/2014/07...-barrett-dies/

https://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg...GRid=132199796
duster340wdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:44 AM   #326
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Lisa Baynum, the daughter of Diane Washer (profiled in the Dr. Emily Craig segment, S12e02 on Amazon Prime) passed away in November of 2012. She was only 39 years old when she died. 😢

http://legacy.com/obituaries/nky/obi...&preview=false

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...GRid=125196155
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #327
AriadneHaze
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis
I just found out recently that Kevin Arnold, the police officer who became involved in a high-speed chase (and eventually a physical altercation) with Michael Mohon on New Year's Eve in 1983, has been dead since 1995. I don't know any details, other than that he was only 34. If anybody knows any more about this, I would be curious to know.

I actually found this out because I recently watched this episode, and thought Kevin Arnold was super cute. LOL. Boy, was I shocked when I read his story!
AriadneHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:49 AM   #328
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Tom Roche's girlfriend Barbara Rondeau died in 2010. Here's her obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nam...view=guestbook
Old 02-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #329
Jon
Forum Regular

Gordon Page Sr. passed away on January 25. He never found out what happened to Gordon Jr.

http://m.legacy.com/dignity-memorial...20&mid=7741240
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:29 AM   #330
sterek1974
Occasional Poster

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board. First time posting. I just wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to research this information. In some cases the information must have been hard to find.

I grew up watching UM and in some cases and thanks to the DVD's, I have felt that some of these people are like family and as I just read the entire 23 pages I found myself a bit sad...especially for the ones whose cases were never solved.

And I just have to say three of the deaths surprised me. (and kind of affected me) First was Andy Wyrick. I think that one hits me because he was so young. Also Tom Sawyers death surprised me because I didn't think he was that old either (then again some of these segments go way back) and the last was Georgia Rudolph. I know that her segment has gotten some flack but I always found her story interesting and unfortunately because my sense of humor is a bit demented my first though when hearing she died was, "Well she'll be back anyway. Hopefully she will remember more next time!" I know...bad sense of humor.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts even on the couple other threads I've read. The UM community on this tie really seems to care for the show and the people involved. Just wanted to say a quick hello and take care everyone!
sterek1974 is offline   Reply With Quote