Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Site Feedback & Suggestions

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Moves New Drama to Thursday Night; Veep Star Heads to Hulu
HBO Comedy Betty to Premiere May 1; Molly Shannon Is a Big Deal on Showtime
AMC Gets Alternating Single-Camera and Multi-Camera Sitcom; Bunk'd Returning for Season 5
Friends Reunion Officially on HBO Max in May 2020; Modern Family Fan Favorite Episodes Marathon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 24, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Lark Voorhies Unhappy with Saved by the Bell Reboot Snub; Remembering Ja'Net DuBois
Fri-Yay: Single Parents Quietly Becoming ABC's Best Sitcom; BET+ Gets Bigger with Comedy


New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January/February)

Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday
Member
Senior Member
 
Hazel Anyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12, 2002
Posts: 1,446
Madderest STOP THE MADNESS

AHAAHHH! Today has got to be the worst case of mindless idiot total waste of time and space "game" playing I've ever seen. Practically every single TV SHOW so-called discussion of TV show favorites were all over-ruled with one mindless game playing waste of time exercise after another. All taking top billing over genuine intelligent TV show discussion. Since whenever one of these stupid games is played they over rule the discussion posts unless you go into each and every topic to see if there was a new discussion post.

The idiot games here have gotten way out of control. Why isn't there just a thread for JUST GAMES alone? This way when I look at the board to see the latest discussion topic on a TV classic I'll be able to actually see where there is new activity instead of nothing but new game playing activity. Which means I will be missing out on any new discussions or valid posts of discussion since they are now over powered and blocked out by the latest asinine game posts and I am not about to open up every supposed to be discussion topic to see if there was a genuine new discussion post. The latest discussion posts should be seen from the menu of TV Show headings and you shouldn't have to open up every show title to discover a genuine discussion post.

Put all the crap games under one thread already and bring sanity back to this once interesting place of intelligent discussion over TV shows not and endless purposeless trail of game posts.

STOP THE MADNESS, or at least put it under a heading unto itself, call it Idiots United.
__________________
Haaazeelll!!
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
Alan Brady's Hair
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2014
Posts: 3,981
Default

I think that there are posters who set goals of reaching a certain number of posts, and games are quick ways to do that. I know there were multiple "What did you last drink?" threads at one point, and people would drink something and then go list it in each thread. It can happen that you spend some time and thought on a post and then half an hour later find it buried on page two or three.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:56 PM   #3
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 43,942
Default

The games are fun! I enjoy them and so do lots of others ! With me it is not a way to make my post count higher! I could care less about how many posts I have! I just come here to have fun and unwind !


I kind of feel the same way though about the politics boards! To me, they get excessive and make Sitcoms Online become negative and bullying !!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:47 AM   #4
Hazel Anyday
Member
Senior Member
 
Hazel Anyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12, 2002
Posts: 1,446
Thumbs down Here's To all you NON-TV posters

Bonnie most of your posts are interesting when they're on TV shows but I'm sorry to see you are one of the game players. OK, I guess you game players need a place but WHY does it have to be on the NAME YOUR TV SHOW Heading where people go to actually talk about a TV show not to see their posts buried under a bunch of waste of time idiot game posts.

If you must play games then there should be a Heading for Game players so the rest of us can once again enjoy this site for what it was meant to be, A DISCUSSION ABOUT TV SHOWS not endless stupid games.

And Bonnie, while we're talking, really you should be ashamed of yourself for that endless ridiculous middle aged to elderly ladies version of Teen Beat magazine over there. It's truly a middle aged to downright elderly bitties version of the old Teen Beat magazine. Thankfully I only visited there once and I didn't appear to be the subject of adornment amongst the bags once I called them all on their ridiculous rantings and behavior. I haven't dared to go back for fear of the cat clawing. Talk about a entering a clucking chicken house alone. I do wonder though have you all started yet on your love and sighing over Bobby Sherman or David Cassidy?

Sometimes I wonder about people.
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:53 AM   #5
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 100,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday View Post
AHAAHHH! Today has got to be the worst case of mindless idiot total waste of time and space "game" playing I've ever seen. Practically every single TV SHOW so-called discussion of TV show favorites were all over-ruled with one mindless game playing waste of time exercise after another. All taking top billing over genuine intelligent TV show discussion. Since whenever one of these stupid games is played they over rule the discussion posts unless you go into each and every topic to see if there was a new discussion post.

The idiot games here have gotten way out of control. Why isn't there just a thread for JUST GAMES alone? This way when I look at the board to see the latest discussion topic on a TV classic I'll be able to actually see where there is new activity instead of nothing but new game playing activity. Which means I will be missing out on any new discussions or valid posts of discussion since they are now over powered and blocked out by the latest asinine game posts and I am not about to open up every supposed to be discussion topic to see if there was a genuine new discussion post. The latest discussion posts should be seen from the menu of TV Show headings and you shouldn't have to open up every show title to discover a genuine discussion post.

Put all the crap games under one thread already and bring sanity back to this once interesting place of intelligent discussion over TV shows not and endless purposeless trail of game posts.

STOP THE MADNESS, or at least put it under a heading unto itself, call it Idiots United.
While I enjoy the games, I really enjoy having an intelligent discussion about a show more.. I’ve tried to jump start discussions on The Adv. of Ozzie and Harriet Board and have occasionally started some threads on the Hazel board, a show I’m also fond of.

I’d have no problem with games moved to ONE specific site (or even banned from S.O.)

Since you feel so strongly about this, why not p.m. TJ or Janice and see what they think.
__________________
Thank you SHOUT! & Antenna TV

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #6
Hazel Anyday
Member
Senior Member
 
Hazel Anyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12, 2002
Posts: 1,446
Default

Hazel was my all time favorite show till I found myself enraged every time Hazel ignored Mr. B's orders and seemed to be working in the opposite direction. I had to give myself a break from Hazel a show I watched every week for 30 years ever since VCRs were discovered.

Ozzie & Harriet is a newer discovery for me ever since I saw it on the old RTV now thankfully EZ Living/Folk TV/M net/ whatever other name they keep calling themselves. Seems to be a station that doesn't know what it wants, but at least for now they show Ozzie & Harriet and My Little Margie. THough they do keep showing the same few episodes over and over but once in a while they put a new one on. So I record them now with my DVD-RAM disc so I don't waste any more disc space with endless repeats and only keep the occasional new show.

My 3 Sons is another one of my old favorites I've liked since it was new on CBS. That show never enrages and is always pleasant and funny. Esp. like Bub & Uncle Charlie, the 2 grouches, my mentors.
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:31 AM   #7
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 100,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday View Post
Hazel was my all time favorite show till I found myself enraged every time Hazel ignored Mr. B's orders and seemed to be working in the opposite direction. I had to give myself a break from Hazel a show I watched every week for 30 years ever since VCRs were discovered.

Ozzie & Harriet is a newer discovery for me ever since I saw it on the old RTV now thankfully EZ Living/Folk TV/M net/ whatever other name they keep calling themselves. Seems to be a station that doesn't know what it wants, but at least for now they show Ozzie & Harriet and My Little Margie. THough they do keep showing the same few episodes over and over but once in a while they put a new one on. So I record them now with my DVD-RAM disc so I don't waste any more disc space with endless repeats and only keep the occasional new show.

My 3 Sons is another one of my old favorites I've liked since it was new on CBS. That show never enrages and is always pleasant and funny. Esp. like Bub & Uncle Charlie, the 2 grouches, my mentors.
Well as you know, The Adv. of Ozzie and Harriet is my favorite show(just look at my av!). Sometimes if you watch TOO MUCH of a particular show it loses its appeal. So enjoy the many other great shows out there. My Three Sons is a nice show so happy viewing!

Last edited by OH Nuts!; 02-06-2020 at 11:15 AM.
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:16 AM   #8
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 43,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts! View Post
While I enjoy the games, I really enjoy having an intelligent discussion about a show more.. Iíve tried to jump start discussions on The Adv. of Ozzie and Harriet Board and have occasionally started some threads on the Hazel board, a show Iím also fond of.

Iíd have no problem with games moved to ONE specific site (or even banned from S.O.)

Since you feel so strongly about this, why not p.m. TJ or Janice and see what they think.


What??? You got to be kidding me!!! You are one of the main people if not the main person who is on the game threads the most !! What are you talking about , having them banned from S.O.?
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:53 AM   #9
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 43,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday View Post
Bonnie most of your posts are interesting when they're on TV shows but I'm sorry to see you are one of the game players. OK, I guess you game players need a place but WHY does it have to be on the NAME YOUR TV SHOW Heading where people go to actually talk about a TV show not to see their posts buried under a bunch of waste of time idiot game posts.

If you must play games then there should be a Heading for Game players so the rest of us can once again enjoy this site for what it was meant to be, A DISCUSSION ABOUT TV SHOWS not endless stupid games.

And Bonnie, while we're talking, really you should be ashamed of yourself for that endless ridiculous middle aged to elderly ladies version of Teen Beat magazine over there. It's truly a middle aged to downright elderly bitties version of the old Teen Beat magazine. Thankfully I only visited there once and I didn't appear to be the subject of adornment amongst the bags once I called them all on their ridiculous rantings and behavior. I haven't dared to go back for fear of the cat clawing. Talk about a entering a clucking chicken house alone. I do wonder though have you all started yet on your love and sighing over Bobby Sherman or David Cassidy?

Sometimes I wonder about people.

I have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of and your post is so rambling and very off the mark ! That is all I will say on the subject ! I don't want to stoop to your level!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:40 AM   #10
Hazel Anyday
Member
Senior Member
 
Hazel Anyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12, 2002
Posts: 1,446
Smile Oh, To See Oursilves As Ithers See iss.

Well, maybe ashamed is the wrong word, how about embarrassed then. At least embarrassed. What's off the mark? I thought while you were here I'd bring up the elephant in the room. That ridiculous thread you're always on.

Though it was a different subject than idiot games taking over this TV SHOW DISCUSSION board, it is possible to talk about more than one thing without being "rambling". I think we all can handle more than one thought. Don't worry about reaching my level, it's not possible.

But carry on, you're certainly free to do so, I just don't see the sense in it.
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:02 AM   #11
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 71,115
Default

I really like the games a lot, and enjoy playing them.
__________________
~Mikaela~
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #12
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Moderator
Senior Member
 
stevea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2003
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,005
Default

I like the games, and I post on some of them. But I can see HA's point of view. It's a difficult problem.

On the few boards I moderate I tried separating the games from the regular posts. It was an attempt to improve it, but evidently not successful. I also don't care about post count either.

I'm at a loss for a solution. One problem is running out of things to say on popular boards like Leave it to Beaver.

Put on your thinking caps, class!
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:40 AM   #13
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Idol
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 100,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
I like the games, and I post on some of them. But I can see HA's point of view. It's a difficult problem.

On the few boards I moderate I tried separating the games from the regular posts. It was an attempt to improve it, but evidently not successful. I also don't care about post count either.

I'm at a loss for a solution. One problem is running out of things to say on popular boards like Leave it to Beaver.

Put on your thinking caps, class!
Move them to one board sounds like a good solution to me because HA does have a good point.
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:05 AM   #14
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 43,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
I really like the games a lot, and enjoy playing them.

Thank you for your post Mikaela ! I really enjoy the games too! I was really upset by this thread last night but in the light of day I really don't think the game threads will be closed down. So let's continue to post on them and have fun!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #15
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 43,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday View Post
Well, maybe ashamed is the wrong word, how about embarrassed then. At least embarrassed. What's off the mark? I thought while you were here I'd bring up the elephant in the room. That ridiculous thread you're always on.

Though it was a different subject than idiot games taking over this TV SHOW DISCUSSION board, it is possible to talk about more than one thing without being "rambling". I think we all can handle more than one thought. Don't worry about reaching my level, it's not possible.

But carry on, you're certainly free to do so, I just don't see the sense in it.

I have nothing to be embarrassed about either! Maybe I do get a little silly and post a lot about my crushes , but I am not hurting anyone !

With that said , I am not going to fight with you, I am going to be mature and turn the other cheek from your insulting posts to me !
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.