Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Apple TV+ Renews Physical for Season 2; Adult Swim Orders 3rd Season of Tuca & Bertie
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-03-2021, 11:16 PM   #16
Charley Knox
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by space1999 View Post
The Addams Family could just be a Summer of Me thing. Only a short-term airing through the summer and The Flintstones will return in the Fall. I remember The Flintstones brought in huge ratings for MeTV and started the cartoon revolution on the channel, so it would be strange to see it phased out weekdays permanently. Only time will tell.

Pink Panther is an excellent choice to the Saturday Mornings Cartoon block. I guess Popeye isn't doing too well, so they cut a half hour on them.

The only thing I'm worried about with MeTV, is that they get too looney toony with the lineup. I love the cartoons but we still have a huge library of retro live-action shows that could be on the channel and also the dream continues for when they finally replace/cut out the boring weeknight lineup and the westerns.
I don't think they are going to get too out of control and fill the schedule with just cartoons.
Charley Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:39 AM   #17
Old School
Forum Regular

Nodsmiley Better Cartoons

The Pink Panther is one of the weakest cartoon series that MeTV could have selected in my mind...not interested in viewing it in the least.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:22 PM   #18
cnnbcbs
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
The Pink Panther is one of the weakest cartoon series that MeTV could have selected in my mind...not interested in viewing it in the least.
Totally agree, so many better options. I would add that if they don't want Flintstones in the evening, they should try it at 6am paired with Toon In With Me.
cnnbcbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:33 PM   #19
Charley Knox
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
A cartoon series that won an academy award for best animated short is not weak sauce. The original series stayed on Saturday mornings for 11 seasons.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:40 PM   #20
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Knox View Post
A cartoon series that won an academy award for best animated short is not weak sauce. The original series stayed on Saturday mornings for 11 seasons.
I think DePatie/Freleng put their full efforts into the Panther. The Warners toons, many farmed out to Format Films, were an afterthought, unfortunately. At that point Freleng was done with Warners, figuratively.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:54 PM   #21
TVLegend

Why can’t the weekday westerns decrease to at least three westerns per weekday? I know most of the westerns bring in so called magnificent ratings, but wouldn’t this 12:00PM-4:00PM weekday schedule at least be somewhat acceptable:

12:00 PM Gunsmoke (30-minute episodes)
12:30 PM Gunsmoke (30-minute episodes)
01:00 PM Bonanza
02:00 PM Wagon Train
03:00 PM Remington Steele
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #22
Charley Knox
Forum Regular

Unfortunately, the Westerns still pull in the numbers. Fortunately, a schedule with nothing but Western programs is probably a big turn off to potential advertisers, or else we would probably see nothing but Westerns on METV.

If you ever watch METV during the middle of the day, all you will see is adds for reverse mortgages and Medicare.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #23
TVLegend

Quote:
Unfortunately, the Westerns still pull in the numbers. Fortunately, a schedule with nothing but Western programs is probably a big turn off to potential advertisers, or else we would probably see nothing but Westerns on METV.

If you ever watch METV during the middle of the day, all you will see is adds for reverse mortgages and Medicare.
It’s been YEARS since we’ve seen MeTV with less than four westerns per weekday
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #24
Charley Knox
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
I think DePatie/Freleng put their full efforts into the Panther. The Warners toons, many farmed out to Format Films, were an afterthought, unfortunately. At that point Freleng was done with Warners, figuratively.
I think their biggest mistake, was firing Chuck Jones just because he was moonlighting on an Animated movie project for a rival studio. I think they also lost their head story guy, Michael Maltese to H-B and Chuck Jones animated studio. I don't think Maltese ever gets enough credit for his contributions in the field of animation.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:17 PM   #25
JR1
Forum Regular

I'm a Flintstones fan, though I haven't been watching the me reruns since shortly after it started airing. There still will be three episodes on Sunday mornings.

I haven't seen Pink Panther cartoons in eons.
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:46 PM   #26
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

I really think seasons 1 and 2 of the Flintstones should be TOTALLY restored, which has never been done and probably never will. The ABC b/w films are probably available, but the proper episode credits would probably have to be colorized, as the original negatives are (again probably) lost. And while they're at it, do the same with Top Cat.

Re post 26 Maltese SHOULD get credit--he wrote virtually everything for Chuck Jones, and a fair amount for Freleng, too. Also the lyrics for "What's Opera Doc?".

Jones should have somehow demanded his contract allow him the rights to the characters he created. Then we probably would not have ever had those gawd awful Format Films Road Runners.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:00 AM   #27
Charley Knox
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLegend View Post
It’s been YEARS since we’ve seen MeTV with less than four westerns per weekday
Just like you, I love to see the Westerns cut down to only 3hrs a day through the week. They could start slowly weening them off, by adding shows like Dallas to the schedule at 4:00pm.

1:00 Gunsmoke
2:00 Bonanza
3:00 Rifleman or Wagon Train
4:00 Dallas
Old 04-05-2021, 02:04 AM   #28
LaBestia
Emmet Brickowski's Dear Friend
Forum Veteran

METV is gonna get The Addams Family? I'm surprised that they are doing this because this may be a sign that METV will have a new image soon. I do find it odd that METV is getting rid of The Flintstones weekday airings and reducing it to Sundays but I can guarantee that this is gonna be the start of METV's new and improved Summer Of Me schedule and they will probably bring The Addams Family back for Halloween 2021. As for Pink Panther cartoons being added to METV I think METV is gonna focus on cartoons for the weekend mornings and since they already have The Jetsons they think that with Pink Panther it will be successful in their eyes
Bestie
Old 04-05-2021, 02:15 AM   #29
Old School
Forum Regular

Default It's Still Weak Sauce...

Quote:
I grew up as a kid when The Pink Panther was on tv and didn't watch it back then.

So many more better cartoon series to select from like The Smurfs, Yogi Bear, Casper The Friendly Ghost, Mighty Mouse, Scooby Doo, Mr Magoo just to name a few.

Old School is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:19 AM   #30
merlinjones
Frequent Poster

How does The Addams Family promote a new image? It's a baby boomer staple and fits right in on Me-TV.

Shows I would like to see added: Pee Wee's Playhouse, Jonny Quest, The Little Rascals

Would like back: The Wild Wild West, Batman (remastered)
merlinjones is offline   Reply With Quote